PDA

View Full Version : PBEM #2 - Hoping for C3C PBEM game

RegentMan
16-08-2005, 09:43
This game was started on June 18, 2005. With my previous PBEM ending in defeat, I was wanting to get back into the action. So, when I saw vikingruler's thread, I was quite happy. I doubt any of the players browse CDZ, but I stuck the spoiler in there just in case. Here is the character list:

RegentMan - Regentia (base civ China)
Calis - Celts
vikingruler - Iroquois
SpikeIt - Persia

I created the game with the following parameters:

Tiny
70 % Continents
Roaming barbs
Random temp/climate/age
Monarch

RegentMan
16-08-2005, 10:19
All in all, I'm quite happy with my start. La Ville de RegentMan was founded in 3950BC, if I remember correctly.

SpikeIt and I met mere turns ago (as of this post, I just started 2950BC, and we met 3100BC, methinks). Here is what diplomatic exchanges took place:

From SpikeIt to me, on contact:
quote:Greetings Regentians! The Persian people wish you the best. Would the
Regentians have any interest in Pottery? The very best in Pyrex and
Lennox is available.

SpikeIt of the Persians

My response:
quote:Salutations, Emperor SpikeIt! I am glad to have met you and the mighty Persian people.

Our sages tell us that the other two powers in the world have met. This suggests either two outcomes: A flourishing trading alliance, or a bitter war of aggression. Both civilizations have their unique units in the ancient era, and will not want them to go to waste. Whichever outcome is recognized, an unshakable Regentian-Persian Alliance will produce the best result. If they're allies, we cannot beat them alone. If they're enemies, we can beat their weakened armies. Thus, as an offer of goodwill, I will trade you the technology of warrior code in exchange for pottery. I am willing to arm you with an offensive unit in order to let you know that I am completely for an alliance in which immortals and regenthorses (riders) march side by side, and not against each other.

I hope this opens the door for our grand alliance. Contact me anytime that you wish. Once we each have a more explored map, I will be willing to negotiate a border, and when the time comes, plans for the invasion of the Celts and the Iroquois!

Sincerely,
RegentMan
Regent of Regentia

His response:
quote:
RegentMan, Regent of Regentia,

The people of Persia wish peace and prosperity to both themselves and their neighbors. The world has already been shown to be unpredictable and precarious. The men in white have shown themselves to be unfriendly. It brings great joy to the Persia populace that the Regents come offering a kinship between our two nations. We accept your offer for continued ties between our people and to battle together those unknown to us, if they pose a threat to the growth of our fine nations. We accept your offer of warrior code in exchange for pottery. Hopefully our nations can strike an agreement on research and exchange to help our nations prosper. The combined wealth and knowledge of our nations will be the best defense against any aggressors.

Spike-it, Emperor of Persia

Finally, my response:
quote:Salutations Emperor SpikeIt!

The rumors of Persian warriors known as immortals are reaching La Ville de RegentMan. No doubt that you want these soldiers in your ranks, so I can assume that you are, or have, researched iron working. The Regentians are currently pursuing an alphabet, due in a few centuries. Perhaps when you discover the wonders of iron, you'd like the wonders of an alphabet?

Sincerely,
RegentMan
Newly appointed Premier of Regentia (aka I forgot I changed my title from Regent to Premier. :blush: ).

In the game thread, vikingruler made contact with Calis (ironically, on the same turn SpikeIt found me). However, vikingruler plays a mean game, as this was his response to Calis' response to his offer of alphabet (make sense?):

quote:The offer of cermonial burial for the alphabet is unacceptable. we should have scalped the celtic warrior for an insult of our negotiating abilities. we demand a tribute of gold with cb for the secrets of the alphabet.

Calis offered most of his treasury and vikingruler made it obvious that that wasn't his favorite trade:
quote:I was debating whether or not to take it, but in the end a superior civilization like that of the Iroquois must be kind and take what they can get from their vassals like the Celtic <s>people</s> pigs.

Needless to say, this can only work out well for me. With the Regentian-Persian Alliance beginning, I feel we can find the two feuding neighbors and deal a bit of [hammer] . I just hope SpikeIt isn't playing me. Oh well. If I get regenthorses (riders), his immortals are dead anyway.

Here is the current situation (2950BC):

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/20058169425_Pic 1.JPG
90.24*KB

Top five cities (guess what city's back from the dead? ;) )

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/20058169948_Pic 2.JPG
74.93*KB

RegentMan
16-08-2005, 10:27
The settler's going to head to the jungle south of the horse. My warrior just found some ivory too (you can just see it in the upper left). SoZ anyone?

It seems that there's enough land for SpikeIt and me. I just hope he isn't planning to march against me under the façade of the Regentian-Persian Alliance. Although his postings in the game thread seems to show that he is genuinely interested in such a deal.

Rik Meleet
16-08-2005, 13:09
desert, jungle, marsh.... That's going to cost a lot of worker turns ...

RegentMan
16-08-2005, 18:30
Unfortunately, it is.

Fortunately, I'm industrious!

RegentMan
24-08-2005, 08:50
2800BC (Turn 25) - I founded my second city, Cashew River. I literally sat there with the advisor asking me for a name for the city for five minutes. I needed to catch my ferry to Seattle, so I looked around, spotted the cashews on the end table, knew the city was on a river, and volia! I love playing civ with unique names! :)

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/200582474336_2800BC.JPG
98.97*KB

I'm surprised that I'm the first one to found my second city. Perhaps everyone else will found them this turn and I won't see; the disadvantage of being first. [sad]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/200582474455_Top Five - 2800BC.JPG
76.14*KB

I've made a dotmap for the eastern part of my empire. I'm thinking of letting SpikeIt have the land south of my proposed marsh cities.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/200582474953_2800BC - Dotmap.JPG
99.31*KB

Whomp
24-08-2005, 17:19
Tough map.
How about moving the dot north of Cashew 1w 1s to the desert tile for a 3rd city? It could have 3 BG's, a chop and a couple hills. It could be a good military pump I'd think.

RegentMan
24-08-2005, 20:45
Good idea. I could then stick a city in one tile NE of the dot on the forest.

RegentMan
06-09-2005, 05:47
SpikeIt has finally returned, so I finally got to begin turn 28 (since June 18! [eek] Ack!). I noticed my research time on alphabet has dropped from six turns last turn to two this turn. It looks like my ally (?) has been busy. So, I responded with a nice philosophy slingshot:

quote:Salutations mighty Persia!

Our prophets have told us that you may have developed a way to communicate on paper with an alphabet. Here's the deal:

*Regentia will trade Persia the wheel for her alphabet.
*Persia will research writing while Regentia researches a mutally agreed tech.
*Persia and Regentia will swap those techs.
*Persia will research code of laws. Regentia will research philosophy.
*Regentia will time her research to complete after Persia gifts her code of laws.
*Regentia will select the republic as her free tech.
*Regentia will gift Persia philosophy and the republic.
*Regentia and Persia emerge as republics.

With the other two nations wasting their production on war, we'll be able to skyrocket past them. Imagine their surprise - thirty riders and thirty immortals walking out of their caravels landing outside their capitals. Then that "emperor" vikingruler shall learn when to engage in war!

Let me know.

Sincerely,
RegentMan
Premier of Regentia

As you might have guessed, vikingruler has eliminated Calis' warrior (or so it seems from the thread). If SpikeIt backs out later, I'll still have researched much cheaper techs. Life is good in Regentia. :)

Ginger_Ale
06-09-2005, 16:27
Next time have a fair map made here at CDZ. The RNG for map is incredibly stupid. You've seen what Rik or others can do with a map editor. ;) Looks like you were lucky with the start. Hopefully you'll get some resources like coal or oil in that otherwise crappy terrain.

RegentMan
06-09-2005, 16:57
I strongly dislike playing on human made "balanced" maps; it takes the fun out of the game knowing everyone has iron and horses and a few luxuries. I'm always up for a challenge.

RegentMan
07-09-2005, 07:00
Unfortunately, my prophets were wrong. It turns out that a population increase in La Ville de RegentMan was the cause of my research's decrease time.

quote:Greeting Your Excellency.

It is good to hear from our friends the Regentians again.Our
scientists think highly of the masterful Regentian research plan, but
have noted one glaring deficiency. It seems the accuracy of your
prophets knowledge is a bit suspect. Sadly the Persian people still
haven't mastered their abc's. Instead they've researched a tech of a
more mineral sort. Because the Persians are already looking into this
item called the wheel that you've mentioned, we'll change our research,
in good faith, to alphabet to help us complete the initial stepping
stone toward our great Republics. Surely the Regentians are already
researching a new technology and perhaps we can include that into a swap
of alphabet, the wheel, and iron working.

Until we talk again.

Spike-it, King of Persia

My response:
quote:Salutations mighty Persia!

That's too bad. Those prophets have been sacrificed.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) Regentia is but one turn from alphabet. If you're still interested in the republic grab, how about we follow this:

*Regentia will give the wheel and alphabet for your metal working abilities.
*Regentia will research writing. Persia will go for mathematics.
*Both nations will swap their respective techs.
*Proceed like last time.

Please consider the plan. Mathematics gets us one step closer to currency, a vital piece of information for our early republics. Keep in touch!

Sincerely,
RegentMan
Premier of Regentia

Mathematics has another benefit: it gives me the option to build the Statue of Zeus.

RegentMan
08-09-2005, 01:23
More mingling between Regentia and Persia:

quote:Hail RegentMan!

The Regentians are proving to be both friendly and fair friends. The
thought of Regentian and Persian ships sailing the open seas together to
seek out civilizations to conquer brings a tear to this Persian's eyes.
We will agree to your proposed plan on one condition. The Persian
knowledge of iron working has revealed a resource of iron that is not
currently in either nation's borders. Without knowledge of the lands
north of Regentia, the Persian prospectors cannot predict whether more
resources abound for Regentian black smiths, but with only one resource
known from which to build Persian immortals, the Persians have to
request this resource is allowed to be controlled by Persia. If by some
chance another resource is discovered in current or future Persian
lands, the Persian people pledge to export it to Regentian freely to
help form the great Persian-Regentian army.

We think you'll find the known location of the iron to be in a location
that will in no way limit the peaceful expansion of the Regentian
nation. Once you have alphabet, please have your emissary's bring that
knowledge along with wheel to the table and we'll trade iron working
thus cementing the bond between our people under all conditions we've
outlined.

Peace to the Regentians,

SpikeIt of the Persian Empire

I replied that I accepted it. This must be what CDZ and CGN saw on our continent during round one! [lol]

classical_hero
29-09-2005, 19:19
Can we have an update?

RegentMan
10-10-2005, 05:42
Sorry about the lack of an update. vikingruler's Internet connection bugged out on him, but we've been doing one turn a day since. Here's the turn that I just played, 2070BC:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/200510104345_2070BC.JPG
103.39KB

I just founded Kristy Lake this turn ( http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/2005101043939_love2.gif ). SpikeIt and myself have arranged a deal. He's going to research code of laws after he finishes mathematics. I've already gifted him writing, and am researching ceremonial burial while he completes math. This will get us lined up for a republic grab. The other warring continent won't know what hit them...

I've also established an embassy with SpikeIt, although I can't propose a right of passage agreement. [mad] Only one source of iron too. SpikeIt and I have decided to let him have it. Hopefully the newly built RSS RegentMan will find an island full of the stuff. Three sources of horses though. :D

Ginger_Ale
10-10-2005, 15:16
You need code of laws for RoPs, last time I checked.

RegentMan
10-10-2005, 19:53
Really? I thought that you just needed an embassy. Oh well; learn something new every day.

Pastorius
11-10-2005, 10:51
RSS=?

Ginger_Ale
11-10-2005, 14:13
Just like USS - United States Ship
RSS - Regentia States Ship

??

RegentMan
11-10-2005, 16:35
Close. RSS = Regentia Sailing Ship.

RegentMan
22-10-2005, 20:48
The republic gambit has begun. SpikeIt has begun research on code of laws (17 turns) so I've decided to grab horseback riding before starting philosophy. He has given me mathematics, so I will give him ceremonial burial (forgot to last turn [blush2] ). Here's 1870BC:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/20051022194441_1870BC.JPG
107.64KB

RegentMan
04-11-2005, 16:46
1750BC

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/2005114154521_1750BC.JPG
75.32KB

Hopefully the RSS Regentia will find the other continent beyond that island. That or iron. The RSS Alliance has just left La Ville de RegentMan, bound for Persia. I'll ask for the right of passage agreement next turn.

Ginger_Ale
05-11-2005, 05:02
Wow, you are leading by 16 points. You must really rock, or else they really suck. ;)

RegentMan
05-11-2005, 20:46
Heh heh I think that it's a combo of both. I micromanage like a two year old (hell, I rarely micromanage), but having vikingruler start a little skirmish over on his continent with Calis doesn't hurt either.

Although I'm letting my capital grow with a granary this time. I used to do that all of the time pre-Conquests, but for some reason stopped upon Conquests.

Man, I just set myself up well. Anybody want a game? ;)

RegentMan
20-11-2005, 20:19
This game could take an exciting twist. I've suicided the RSS RegentMan several turns ago because I spotted some islands in the distance (don't worry, I had some propaganda ready in case of a swamping). It survived, and look what is just discovered this turn:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/2005112019952_1700BC - Islands.JPG
52.57KB

Could those islands lead to vikingruler and Calis? :D

RegentMan
24-11-2005, 08:09
[yeah]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/200511247813_1650BC - First Sight.JPG
55.04KB

The game's about to get interesting!

RegentMan
02-12-2005, 17:55
The Iroquois are down these techs, and have no horses nor incense hooked up.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/2005122164435_Iroquois Meet.JPG
80.29*KB

The messege sent to vikingruler:
quote:Greetings vikingruler.

The RSS RegentMan stopped ashore to grab some supplies. What we found was another civilization. The are rumors flying about of an Iroquois war with another peaceful civilization; perhaps you could clarify this. Do you have any technologies that you'd like to trade with Regentia? I hope to hear from you and build up on this first encounter.

Sincerely,
RegentMan
Premier of Regentia

Our republic gambit is just about in its last ropes. When I get to one turn, I will turn off research and await code of laws. The other continent hasn't a chance in hell... [mwaha]

RegentMan
16-12-2005, 08:45
The best message of the game:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/2005121673524_Republic.JPG
47.36KB

I immediately revolted (probably should have built that darned embassy... ) and drew a five turn anarchy. Philosophy has been sent to SpikeIt, with the republic going to him next turn. On another big note, contact with Calis has been made:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/2005121673919_Celts Meet.JPG
78.08KB

Now I have a complete histrograph. Here's the powergraph. Looks like vikingruler's early war didn't work out for him...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/200512167431_Histograph - 1475BC.JPG
69.72KB

[b]Regentia - 1475BC

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/2005121674335_1475BC.JPG
110.59KB

Damn anarchists, rioting in La Ville de RegentMan... Oh well, this set of events has been a huge goal for the Regentian people, and we shall celebrate. Vive la Persia! Vive la Regentia!

RegentMan
03-01-2006, 07:30
Behold the mighty Regentian Republic, established 1350BC!

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/20061361733_1350BC.JPG
113.25KB

[dance] [dance] [dance]

SpikeIt's holding off on revolting for now, and vikingruler and Calis are so far behind that they don't matter. I traded Calis horseback riding for mysticism and ten gold and told him to kick some Iroquois butt. He said he had some gallic swordsmen ready for the task. War's abrewin'?

RegentMan
26-02-2006, 01:32
Haven't updated for awhile as nothing too big has happened. SpikeIt and myself are still very close allies (he's now a republic) and have just entered the middle ages. I got SpikeIt's free tech of engineering this turn and I'll begin research next turn, probably feudalism.

Although our scientific advancement has a downfall. Barbs!

Regentia - 730BC

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/200622603147_Regentia - 730BC.JPG
89.04*KB

BCLG100
11-04-2006, 03:18
Is the game still going then?

RegentMan
11-04-2006, 16:40
Yes it it. Nothing monumental has occured, though. I'll post a screenie of my civ, as I've founded a couple of new cities.

RegentMan
17-04-2006, 09:18
Regentia - 330BC

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/RegentMan/200641781716_Regentia - 330BC.JPG
95.33KB

SpikeIt has met Calis this turn too. We're planning to get one of them to each of our sides (SpikeIt will "ally" with vikingruler, me with Calis) and cause a war to start. Regenthorses and immortals shall destroy the other continent. [mwaha]

classical_hero
17-04-2006, 09:35
You have chosen wisely with the civ. you have the best UU out there and you can do some real damage with your Regenthorses. If I were you, i would quit research when you can safely make contact with the other Island, IE, once you have Astro.

RegentMan
17-04-2006, 16:53
That's not a bad idea. The advantage of getting an early ally is that I'm still around to use that kickin' UU.

BCLG100
17-04-2006, 18:20
Are you planning on doing something with Spike in the end? after causing a war on the other continent maybe you could consider attacking him.

Whomp
17-04-2006, 19:48
RM--that's a lot of courthouses, markets, libs you're building. Are they placeholders? I don't think you'd get an enormous benefit from those builds without size. Wouldn't galleys, rax and buchets be more useful? From what I can tell the capital is the only city making vet units.

RegentMan
18-04-2006, 02:30
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

Are you planning on doing something with Spike in the end? after causing a war on the other continent maybe you could consider attacking him.

I am an extremely loyal person. Once we've destroyed vikingruler and Calis, I will ask him if he wants to duke it out, race for space, or declare a joint victory.

RegentMan doesn't [backstab] .

quote:Originally posted by Whomp

RM--that's a lot of courthouses, markets, libs you're building. Are they placeholders? I don't think you'd get an enormous benefit from those builds without size. Wouldn't galleys, rax and buchets be more useful? From what I can tell the capital is the only city making vet units.

You might be right. I'm building right now as I would in a single-player game; perhaps that's my downfall (that is my downfall). I don't know what to build in my extremely corrupt cities to the north, though. They get no more than two shields per turn. Thoughts?

Whomp
18-04-2006, 03:57
I'm inclined to build workers and catapults with corrupt cities because they won't be good for much else other than unit support. They can produce a worker every 5 and there's still work to be done. A cat every 10 is nice because you don't need rax in that city. Only the ones that can produce units at a reasonable pace need rax.

BCLG100
24-05-2006, 02:03
anything else happened yet RM?

RegentMan
24-05-2006, 09:34
I'm planning to update this in a few turns, with a lovely event happening for Regentia.

In the mean time, SpikeIt and I have fabricated a war between us in the PBEM thread. This is to help our goal of getting Calis and vikingruler to fight each other, with me aiding Calis, and SpikeIt, vikingruler. Here are some memorable quotes:

RegentMan:
quote:The save has been received, although it had to be washed before playing, as the dirty Persians make it unloadable otherwise.

Played and sent.

SpikeIt:
quote:Who are the slimy Regentians calling dirty? Surely not the fine, upstanding Persian empire!

Hark! There be purple borders in view!

With regret, we pass along the save.

RegentMan:
quote:Contact the purple nation, SpikeIt. Two barbaric nations verses the noble Regentians and honorable Celts can only result in your defeat.

Played and sent to Mr. Calis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SpikeIt:
quote:GPS again the Regentians. The Persians think Regentia should keep their troops close to home. Surely Regentia agrees? [eek]

RegentMan:
quote:The Regentians think that the Persians should actually send the save when they post GPS. Maybe my troops need to help you? [rolleyes]

SpikeIt:
quote:Okay, okay. Begrudgingly I hand over the save to that wimpy Regentian swordman. Now stop admiring the might of the Persian empire and go home!

RegentMan:
quote:Played and sent.

The "whimpy" swordsman and his collegues have entered Persian territory. SpikeIt, you must agree to the treaty as I've written it. Otherwise, 2nd City shall be mine.

SpikeIt:
quote:Swordman?! Pah! Talk to me when you have RegentHorsemen. Until then, fear the mighty Immortal and go home, pesky Regentians.

Played and sent to the swarmy Regentians.

RegentMan:
quote:Very well. War has been declared. You better just give me 2nd city right now, save some lives.

Played and sent.

SpikeIt:
quote:Our immortal clears out the offending sword. 2nd City is free from harm and our civilation is a happy nation. We start a march toward Lace-e-dia, because we are impressed with the accents over the city name. Maybe the Regentians will think twice before taking on mighty Persia. [hammer]

GPS

RegentMan:
quote:The battle log should be surprising for you. My swordsmen don't travel alone.

Played and sent to the one other honorable civilization in this game.

Pastorius
24-05-2006, 12:02
[lol]

Are they falling for it?

RegentMan
24-05-2006, 16:50
It's hard to tell at the moment. I'll try to see if they are. It is quite fun putting this on!

RegentMan
06-06-2006, 17:03
As promised, here is the lovely event for Regentia:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/StatueofZeus.jpg

Miniregenthorses will soon show themselves on the field. We're still putting on the charade that we're at war, so this wonder will aid me in my act.

Regentia - 70BC

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Regentia-70BC.jpg

The colosseum in La Ville de RegentMan will be switched over to the Colossus next turn. And things seem a wee-bit tense over on the other continent, eh?

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Tense.jpg

BCLG100
06-06-2006, 18:37
you could consider swapping cities a couple of times to make things more believable, if thats allowed?

RegentMan
08-06-2006, 16:59
Well, they have no idea where we are in the world, so they can't see what's going on. Of course, the idea of swapping cities is a little unnerving.

RegentMan
17-06-2006, 11:17
Calis has redeclared war on vikingruler. vikingruler might be wiped out this time around. He has admitted this himself in a message to SpikeIt (passed on to me by my faithful ally). I agree when I saw this:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/CeltLeader.jpg

Nice leader.

Happy switch from BC to AD! [dance]

RegentMan
29-06-2006, 05:47
Thought I'd show off this little goody:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/TheColossus.jpg

Regentia - 90AD

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Regentia-90AD.jpg

I'm getting astromony after education, that way I can safely sail sea squares (SSSS). After I can SSSS, I can settle my island and perhaps begin a war with vikingruler. SpikeIt will send me his iron soon so I can upgrade my horsemen into regenthorses.

RegentMan
19-08-2006, 09:57
quote:Originally posted by RegentMan
I'm getting astromony after education, that way I can safely sail sea squares (SSSS). After I can SSSS, I can settle my island and perhaps begin a war with vikingruler. SpikeIt will send me his iron soon so I can upgrade my horsemen into regenthorses.

The three things above have since come true:
* I can SSSS.
* SpikeIt sent me his iron, so I now have regenthorses.
* I have declared war on vikingruler!

quote:Chief vikingruler,

From our early days of contact, we have had a tense relationship. I distinctly remember our brave sailors, in their darkest hour, requesting access to your coast, otherwise they’d flounder. You responded with a disgusting offer; in exchange for fifteen gold, you’d grant them safety. It seems that lives are worth only a gold piece or two to you.

That is most certainly true in your dealings with the honorable Calis. I looked at the situation on your continent, and saw your aggressive first war against the Celts. If you could betray them, then what would stop you from betraying me? Your treatment of my sailors was proof enough. I am glad that they ignored your thickhead, and continued to sail on through Iroquois waters.

From this moment on, a state of war exists between Regentia and the Iroquois. You will notice a large army in the forests of Cattaraugus. Unfortunately for you, it’s not bearing purple. No, this army is far too advanced to be mistaken for the obsolete spear-wielding Iroquois army. This army fully utilizes gunpowder and the ultimate warrior: regenthorses.

We hope you’ve enjoyed this time on this beautiful world. It’s been far too long.

Humbly,
RegentMan,
Premier of Regentia and Governor and Lord Protectorate of the Iroquois Nation

Turn 151

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/900ac57c.jpg
That's nine regenthorses (riders) and three muskets to protect them. I have reinforcements awaiting the caravels' return. Hopefully, this city will remain intact upon my receiving of the next turn, that way I'll have my own source of iron (SpikeIt has one, and he gifted it to me. We also only have one saltpeter; I have gifted it to SpikeIt). Unfortunately, SpikeIt is on vacation for two weeks.

Fortunately, Calis is also invading vikingruler this turn, and this time, we're planning to eliminate him. SpikeIt's readying an invasion on poor Calis. He's caught in the middle of the Alliance's plans for the world.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/90aaabc2.jpg

[mwaha]

RegentMan
03-09-2006, 07:05
Boy oh boy, the turn has finally made it back to me.

I posted the declaration of war in the thread, and this is how vikingruler responded:

quote:GPS to SpikeIt.

RegentMan, you've made a grave mistake in attacking the Iroquois people. We will not bow down to some foreign Chinese regime, no, we will fight to the last man before succumbing to your tyranny, oh dictator of Regentia.

btw, i'll be on vacation from 8/22- 8/25, but my first oppurtunity to kick Regentian a$$ will on the 26th.
Then vikingruler sent this to SpikeIt (again passed forward to me by my ally):

quote:As you know I am being attacked by the evil Regentians. In a short amount of time they will destroy all my cities. I ask you to please send some units to help me. If you do, I will be in your debt and will give you exuberant restitution to show my gratitude.

Chief vikingruler of the Iroquois

[lol]

SpikeIt has landed two immortals on the continent, to ward of Calis, but methinks Calis will go ahead anyway. To keep up our façade of tense relations, SpikeIt posted this in the thread:

quote:Geesh. Go away for a couple of weeks and the world goes to hell!

Persia hopes Regentia will reconsider their pointless war with the upstanding Iroquois. At the request of the Iroquois, the Persians have landed a small force into the Iroquois Nation to provide a peace keeping presence. If hostilities escalate, Persia is prepared to aid the Iroquois Nation with the might of the Persian army.

Persia wishes any other nations interested in seeing a world at peace can also provide aid to the Iroquois who are obviously the victim in this aggressive scenario initiated by the Regentians.

Heh... now onward to the turn!

My first Regenthorse attacked, and gave me this message:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn152-GoldenAge.jpg

There were only two spears in that city, both losing to my regenthorses. I took six gold from there.

Then using the incredible three movement of my UU, I went up to Oil Springs. I saw an elite spear, which puzzled me (why such a valuable defender in the far north? [hmm] ). I attacked. That damn spear killed three regenthorses after going to (1/5) on the first one! http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/wallbash.gif I captured the city after that, also taking six gold.

That unprotected, elite swordsman moved from the fog last turn ( [hmm] ), so I killed it (took two). With my final Regenthorse, I pondered whether to wipe out the barb camp, or to take that worker. I chose the worker. Of course, vikingruler refused to put these cities on the coast :( . Time to ferry some settlers over, I guess.

Here's the battle log:

quote:The Battle of Cattaraugus
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (3/3) Spearman. Regenthorse wins, now (1/4).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (3/3) Spearman. Regenthorse wins, still (4/4)
Regentia frees the oppressed city of Cattaraugus and six gold.

The Battle of Oil Springs
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (5/5) Spearman (!!!). Regenthorse loses, spearman now (1/5).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (1/5) Spearman. Regenthorse loses, spearman still (1/5).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (1/5) Spearman. Regenthorse loses, the damned spearman still (1/5).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (1/5) Spearman. Regenthorse wins!!!, now (3/4).
Regentia frees yet another city from the grasps of the vile Iroquois, taking six gold in the process.

Outside the city formerly known as Cattaraugus, an Iroquois elite swordsman rests, unprotected.
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (5/5) Swordsman. Regenthorse retreats (1/4), sword now (3/5).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (3/5) Swordsman. Regenthorse wins, promotes to (4/5).

Outside the city formerly known as Cattaraugus, a Regenthorse forces (err… persuades) a worker to join the glorious nation of Regentia.
(4/4) Regenthorse captures Iroquois worker.

And to close this beautiful update off, some lovely pictures. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed playing it! [goodjob]

New Regentia - 360AD

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn152-NewRegentia.jpg

Northern Regentia - 360AD

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn152-RegentiaNorth.jpg

Southern Regentia - 360AD

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn152-RegentiaSouth.jpg

[hammer]

RegentMan
09-09-2006, 09:11
The roof! The roof! The roof is on fire!

Oops, that's vikingruler's latest city. My bad.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn154-Razing.jpg

The battle log for turn 154:

quote:The Battle of St. Regis
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Archer. Regenthorse wins, still (4/4).
St. Regis is razed to the ground.

Amidst the ruins of St. Regis, there is an Iroquois army stationed.

(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Spearman. Regenthorse wins, now (2/4).
(5/5) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Spearman. Regenthorse wins, now (1/5).

Notice the green units outside of Salamanca. Calis has finally declared war on vikingruler, with my approval. SpikeIt has a few units stationed there to give vikingruler the idea that he's helping. In fact, SpikeIt's going to declare war on Calis, and when I'm finished with vikingruler, the border's not going to stop me!

RegentMan
14-09-2006, 09:14
Notice the green units outside of Salamanca. Calis has finally declared war on vikingruler, with my approval. SpikeIt has a few units stationed there to give vikingruler the idea that he's helping. In fact, SpikeIt's going to declare war on Calis, and when I'm finished with vikingruler, the border's not going to stop me!

Well... I jumped to a conclusion there. Calis hasn't declared war upon vikingruler. Let's play a before and after game.

Before (End Turn 155):

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn155-Meeting.jpg

After (Opened Turn 156):

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn156-CeltsDeclareWar2.jpg

[hmm] [hmm] ... :(

Calis has attacked me!

This causes three responses:
Happy - I don't have to worry about my reputation after I take care of vikingruler.
Excited - This twist has created a whole new game.
Anger - Most of you know I hold loyalty very dear. The fact that Calis attacked me with no reason, no battle log, no nothing, makes me quite angry.
According to SpikeIt, Calis hasn't attacked vikingruler (SpikeIt has an embassy with vikingruler). Either Calis is going to next turn, or he didn't buy SpikeIt and my charade of being enemies. Or perhaps there's a third reason. So Paalikles:
quote:[lol]

Are they falling for it?
I have no idea. In fact, the paranoid part of me is wondering if Calis has read through this spoiler and found out that way, or if he found a flaw within our charade.

So I posted a letter in the thread, à la FDR's "A day which will live in infamy":

quote:Heathen Calis,

For centuries we have had peace between us, ever since your goodwill gesture of letting the RSS Regentia sail through your borders so many years ago, to our technology trading and mutual invasion of the vile Iroquois. And now you ruin it. You break our treaty without any notice and massacre a poor regenthorse. All I can say is: Why? Why betray such a good relationship?

You’re unlucky to commit such a crime. By breaking my trust, you have placed yourself in a position even lower than vikingruler. One turn ago, I thought you the noblest of civilizations. Someone more hated than vikingruler was deemed impossible in my eyes. And yet, you’ve created it.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn156-PowerGraph.jpg

You’ve created it at the worst possible time. Regentia is in a golden age, pumping out her regenthorses. She pumps out miniregenthorses. She is master of the high seas. Her power bar dwarfs your own. And yet, you decide to attack the greatest power in the game. Your word is no longer believable, and anyone who holds that quality disgusts me. http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/Smilies/backstab.gif is not tolerated, nor forgiven. Because of your treachery, any and all cities bearing a Celtic flag upon capture shall be instantly burned. And I mean torched. There will be no survivors. May God have mercy upon your people Calis, because I will most certainly not.

Humbly,
RegentMan
Premier of Regentia, Governor and Lord Protectorate of the Iroquois Nation, and Punisher and Dictator of Celtia

I had a caravel with three miniregenthorses (ancient cavalry) moving towards vikingruler on the east side of the continent. When Calis attacked, I decided to divert it. I saw a Celtic city defended by a warrior. Then I sailed a wee-bit further and... six workers clearing jungle! [eek] I unloaded a miniregenthorse and enslaved them. Three are going back to Regentia. Three were slaughtered in rememberance of our fallen regenthorse. Here is the act in action:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn156-Massacre.jpg

Beautiful, ain't it?

So there you have it. I have nine more regenthorses heading for the continent. Hopefully they'll kill vikingruler so I can move on to my Soviet-style war against Calis. I also have a settler heading towards my new cities. There's a source of iron there, and with navigation due in six, I'll finally have my own source of iron (SpikeIt just renewed the iron gift. There's one source on our continent and we agreed to let him settle it. I needed iron for my regenthorses, so SpikeIt gifted it to me. It ran out last turn, and he decided to resend it, limiting himself to longbows instead of immortals. He's truly one of the best allies one could ask for. Who else do you know who would give up their UU and best attacker for a northern neighbor?). The game has taken an interesting new turn!

RegentMan
29-09-2006, 22:51
Turn 159 - vikingruler might be eliminated next turn.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn159-NewRegentia.jpg

RegentMan
04-10-2006, 11:04
Turn 160

Turn 159 - vikingruler might be eliminated next turn.

Well, I jumped to a conclusion there. Let's see how the turn progressed, shall we?

First, my landing of three regenthorses vs. an elite spearman and possibly other unknown defenders at Centralia!

The Battle of Centralia
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (5/5) Spearman. Regenthorse loses, spearman still (5/5).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (5/5) Spearman. Regenthorse retreats, spearman now (2/5).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (2/5) Spearman. Regenthorse wins, still (4/4).
Centralia is burned to the ground.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn160-VRCentralia.jpg

One down, two to go. Next, using that long northern road, my regenthorses are able to attack Grand River directly from New Regentia. Another damn elite spear. :(

The Battle of Grand River
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (5/5) Spearman. Regenthorse wins, now (1/4).
(5/5) Regenthorse vs. (3/3) Spearman. Regenthorse wins, now (3/5).
The city formerly know as Grand River is now under Regentian control. Only one city remains…

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn160-VRGrandRiverb.jpg

The last one. The treasure. The grand daddy of all battles. The fight for the Iroquois capital, Salamanca. My twelve regenthorses vs. that spear and at least five swords, moved in the previous turn by vikingruler.

The Epic Battle of Salamanca
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Spearman. Regenthorse wins, now (2/4).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Spearman. Regenthorse retreats, spearman now (2/4).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Spearman. Regenthorse loses, spearman promotes to (4/5).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/5) Spearman. Regenthorse retreats, spearman now (3/5).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Swordsman. Regenthorse loses, swordsman still (4/4).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Swordsman. Regenthorse wins, still (4/4).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Swordsman. Regenthorse wins, now (3/4).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Swordsman. Regenthorse wins, now (3/4).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Swordsman. Regenthorse wins, promotes to (4/5).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Swordsman. Regenthorse wins, now (2/4).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (3/5) Spearman. Regenthorse wins, now (3/4).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (2/4) Spearman. Regenthorse wins, promotes to (5/5).

That's all twelve regenthorses.

That's enough! [dance]

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn160-VRSalamanca.jpg

That brought about this message:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn160-vikingrulersDemise.jpg

I congratulated vikingruler in the thread and have invited him over here to read this thread. I hope he'll post some questions/comments/clarifications. Despite my sometimes harsh roleplaying, I mean no negativity by it. What a read this'll be for him!

And then there were three. Calis has made a big mistake. Now, instead of me breaking my honor with him, I can simply cross the border. However, with a Celtic army [eek] in the field somewhere (tore up SpikeIt's landing party), there is no telling how much more death must occur before The Alliance triumphs!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn160-ForeignAdvisor.jpg

New Regentia - Turn 160

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn160-NewRegentia.jpg

Sometimes I can conclude the right thing...

Pastorius
04-10-2006, 14:25
[evil]

[goodjob]

RegentMan
11-10-2006, 09:28
Turn 163

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn163-NiagaraFalls.jpg

Turn 164

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn164-Gergovia.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn164-NoLove.jpg
No love for Calis!

Two down, five to go. I simple love regenthorses [riders] !

Whomp
11-10-2006, 16:50
Nice going RM! Keep the pressure on and don't be afraid to hit his army even with some losses. They're hard to replace.

RegentMan
13-10-2006, 23:18
All three PBEMs updated in one day! [eek]

His catapults (five!) and defenders ((4/5) Regenthorse loses to (4/13) 3.2.2 Army, who loses only one hitpoint. http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/Smilies/rolleyes.gif ) have thwarted my attacks at Lugdunum this turn, but I settled for razing the most cultured non-capital city in the game instead.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn165-Alesia.jpg

RegentMan
23-10-2006, 23:11
After several failed attempts to take Lugdunum (are catapults expected to take one hitpoint off riders every shot?), I decided to sit back and rest. This turn I moved out:

Turn 171

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn171-StackofDoom.jpg

Seventeen regenthorses and one miniregenthorse. I am now in a position to attack either remaining city (SpikeIt has captured the western two. We each have our own source of iron now. :D ). The question is, which one? The easy one (Camulodunum) or the last stand (Lugdunum)? The former will delay taking Lugdunum (no way am I losing again!), but taking Lugdunum might be rather anti-climatic.

Calis' days are numbered...

RegentMan
24-10-2006, 09:45

Calis' days are numbered...

[mischief]

Bad news: my golden age has ended. :(

Good news: read on!

Turn 172

I chose to crack Lugdunum and invaded. See the battle log:
quote:(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (14/14) Army. Regenthorse bombarded and loses, army still (14/14).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (14/14) Army. Regenthorse bombarded and loses, army now (11/14).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (11/14) Army. Regenthorse loses, army now (10/14).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (10/14) Army. Regenthorse bombarded and loses, army now (7/14).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (7/14) Army. Regenthorse bombarded and wins, now (2/4). Renamed “Decisive Regenthorse.”
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Pikeman. Regenthorse bombarded and loses, pikeman now (1/4).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Spearman. Regenthorse bombarded and wins, now (1/4).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Spearman. Regenthorse bombarded and loses, spearman now (1/4).
No more damned catapults!
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (4/4) Medieval Infantry. Regenthorse retreats, medieval infantry now (3/4).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (3/4) Medieval Infantry. Regenthorse wins, still (4/4).
(4/4) Regenthorse vs. (3/4) Spearman. Regenthorse wins, promotes to (2/5).
(5/5) Regenthorse vs. (1/4) Pikeman. Regenthorse wins, still (5/5).
(5/5) Miniregenthorse vs. (1/4) Spearman. Miniregenthorse wins, now (3/5).

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn172-Lugdunum.jpg

:D Finally, that Stalingrad is taken. And its eight catapults. Never have I wanted to destroy something so bad...

Now to the final city. I expect a token defender or two. I get... nothing! [eek] I walk into the final city! How anti-climatic!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn172-GameOver.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn172-GoodbyeCalis.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn172-ForeignAdvisor.jpg
SpikeIt's annoyed with me why? The free saltpeter must be it! :lol:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn172-PowerGraph.jpg

I have pointed Calis into the direction of this thread. Hopefully he'll find it an interesting read.

And on that note, I have proposed three possibilities to SpikeIt, my dear ally, on how to continue this game:

1. Race to space: Promise no wars for the duration of the game and see who can build the spaceship first.
2. Continue as a normal game. Whatever happens, happens.
3. Declare a joint victory and end the game. We win!

I hope for option three. I don't want to drag this through the modern age (might be fun) and I most certainly don't want to have to invade Persia. A 1-1 PBEM record seems better to me. :)

And with that, I give you possibly the last view of the Regentian Empire:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn172-Regentia.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn172-NewRegentia.jpg

RegentMan
25-10-2006, 03:20
This game was officially finished on October 24, 2006, with SpikeIt agreeing to option three. RegentMan and SpikeIt are victorious! :D

The PBEM lasted 505 days and spanned 172 turns. That's .34 turns per day, and 2.94 days per turn. I am simply amazed that this game lasted this long. Everyone had their vacations to go on, but the game kept moving, albeit slowly at times. I'm glad to have played it! [goodjob]

I also proposed SpikeIt play play two saves: one where he retires, and one where he doesn't. I'll then retire in the one he didn't and send it back, that way we each get a victory screen and replay. If it happens, it happens. If not... oh well. I can still get a reply upon retiring, right?

And with that, I thank you all for taking the time to read and comment on my second PBEM. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed playing it. SpikeIt gave me an addition to my title, and I will end with its final addition.

Thankfully,
RegentMan
Premier of Regentia, Governor and Lord Protectorate of the Iroquois Nation, Punisher and Dictator of Celtia, and Eternal Ally of the Persian Republic

BCLG100
25-10-2006, 04:05
nice one RM

RegentMan
26-10-2006, 00:19
Thanks.

Just some goody shots for everyone.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn173-Victory.jpg
SpikeIt agreed to trade retired saves.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn173-Wise.jpg
Wise words from Calis!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn173-Replay.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn173-Replay2.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn173-Replay3.jpg
The Alliance: seventeen cities. The Warmongers: seven!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn173-Replay4.jpg
The turn before the Regentian invasion of vikingruler.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn173-History.jpg
:D

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn173-Other.jpg
vikingruler and Calis would have loved to had seen this. ;)

Calis
26-10-2006, 20:54
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

[lol]

Are they falling for it?

At that time we had no clue that they were playing with us...(At least I didn't have...)

Calis
26-10-2006, 20:57

Calis has redeclared war on vikingruler. vikingruler might be wiped out this time around. He has admitted this himself in a message to SpikeIt (passed on to me by my faithful ally). I agree when I saw this:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/CeltLeader.jpg

Nice leader.

Happy switch from BC to AD! [dance]

I was so happy that with my very first attack with an elite Gallic Sword I got a Leader. That was just [cool]

more comments to come...

RegentMan
26-10-2006, 23:51
I'm glad you have arrived, Calis! I look forward to a third party's insights to the different parts of the game.

Calis
11-11-2006, 20:29

Well... I jumped to a conclusion there. Calis hasn't declared war upon vikingruler. Let's play a before and after game.

Before (End Turn 155):

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn155-Meeting.jpg

After (Opened Turn 156):

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn156-CeltsDeclareWar2.jpg

[hmm] [hmm] ... :(

Calis has attacked me!

This causes three responses:
Happy - I don't have to worry about my reputation after I take care of vikingruler.
Excited - This twist has created a whole new game.
Anger - Most of you know I hold loyalty very dear. The fact that Calis attacked me with no reason, no battle log, no nothing, makes me quite angry.
According to SpikeIt, Calis hasn't attacked vikingruler (SpikeIt has an embassy with vikingruler). Either Calis is going to next turn, or he didn't buy SpikeIt and my charade of being enemies. Or perhaps there's a third reason. So Paalikles:
quote:[lol]

Are they falling for it?
I have no idea. In fact, the paranoid part of me is wondering if Calis has read through this spoiler and found out that way, or if he found a flaw within our charade.

So I posted a letter in the thread, à la FDR's "A day which will live in infamy":

quote:Heathen Calis,

For centuries we have had peace between us, ever since your goodwill gesture of letting the RSS Regentia sail through your borders so many years ago, to our technology trading and mutual invasion of the vile Iroquois. And now you ruin it. You break our treaty without any notice and massacre a poor regenthorse. All I can say is: Why? Why betray such a good relationship?

You’re unlucky to commit such a crime. By breaking my trust, you have placed yourself in a position even lower than vikingruler. One turn ago, I thought you the noblest of civilizations. Someone more hated than vikingruler was deemed impossible in my eyes. And yet, you’ve created it.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn156-PowerGraph.jpg

You’ve created it at the worst possible time. Regentia is in a golden age, pumping out her regenthorses. She pumps out miniregenthorses. She is master of the high seas. Her power bar dwarfs your own. And yet, you decide to attack the greatest power in the game. Your word is no longer believable, and anyone who holds that quality disgusts me. http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/Smilies/backstab.gif is not tolerated, nor forgiven. Because of your treachery, any and all cities bearing a Celtic flag upon capture shall be instantly burned. And I mean torched. There will be no survivors. May God have mercy upon your people Calis, because I will most certainly not.

Humbly,
RegentMan
Premier of Regentia, Governor and Lord Protectorate of the Iroquois Nation, and Punisher and Dictator of Celtia

I had a caravel with three miniregenthorses (ancient cavalry) moving towards vikingruler on the east side of the continent. When Calis attacked, I decided to divert it. I saw a Celtic city defended by a warrior. Then I sailed a wee-bit further and... six workers clearing jungle! [eek] I unloaded a miniregenthorse and enslaved them. Three are going back to Regentia. Three were slaughtered in rememberance of our fallen regenthorse. Here is the act in action:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/TitanicWhiz18/PBEM/Turn156-Massacre.jpg

Beautiful, ain't it?

So there you have it. I have nine more regenthorses heading for the continent. Hopefully they'll kill vikingruler so I can move on to my Soviet-style war against Calis. I also have a settler heading towards my new cities. There's a source of iron there, and with navigation due in six, I'll finally have my own source of iron (SpikeIt just renewed the iron gift. There's one source on our continent and we agreed to let him settle it. I needed iron for my regenthorses, so SpikeIt gifted it to me. It ran out last turn, and he decided to resend it, limiting himself to longbows instead of immortals. He's truly one of the best allies one could ask for. Who else do you know who would give up their UU and best attacker for a northern neighbor?). The game has taken an interesting new turn!

What made me suspicious, was the fact that you guys let us know how bad your relationsship was. That you had been at war and so on, and then: Not too many turns later you guys headed towards our continent. You even informed me by Email that your troops would arrive soon and gave me your "approval" to attck VR. This makes me a little bit angry when I read this now...But anyhow, it seemed very unlikely that you two have a tense relationship and start to have it on our continent.

So I changed my mind...and attacked the two of you. And definately not because I am a backstabber. Actually I am usually peaceful and absolutely loyal. bad luck that VR didn't think the same way so I had to craete my Gallic Swords.

And from my point of view I can't agree 100% to what you wrote here about loyalty RegentMan. In your Emails you also held out your hand at me and to trust Regentia would have been a mistake, as we all know now.

At that time I knew that VR and I were way back in technology and military might. So I did what I did, because I wanted to twist things a little bit.

I believe eventually we enjoyed it...:)

RegentMan
11-11-2006, 20:45
Yes, I enjoyed it emmensely. I hope you know all of the signed decrees I put out were all roleplaying; I don't really think of you as a disgusting backstabber. You were wise to attack when you did, as not doing so would have allowed SpikeIt and myself to setup our attack on you.

I enjoyed playing the arrogant empire that, arguably, ruled the world, giving permission to the "barbarians" on the other continent. It was an extremely fun game; my favorite Civ III game to date.

Calis
11-11-2006, 21:20
This was my first PBEM game. I learned a lot. Actually I am only playing PBEM with CivIII, and almost no single player anymore. I really enjoy the PBEMs

Just joined the new Democracy game...

Whomp
11-11-2006, 22:28
Nice work RM!

Calis you'll find the MTDG to be quite entertaining. It will be a mighty learning experience.

Calis
11-11-2006, 23:39
Looking forward to playing it...