PDA

View Full Version : Match Results Day 12 Season 25

Kemal
15-08-2005, 11:37
[cool]

Yay! Snaken officialy became winners of the VII.565 yesterday, taking a 9 point lead over the only remaining competitor with only two more matches to go, and can add a shiny (pink?) medal to their prize shelve. [dance]

Remarkably, it seems both the relegation spots and promotion places are already set in my competition, making the last two games totally redundant and of no effect to the competition anymore..
Hmm... "CDZ Cup here I come!"...? ;)

quote:
11753 spectators arrived at Fc 't Warena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Waar had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: van Noort - Bolaño, Abbink, Litaay, Fitzgerald - Delaune, Croes, Du#380;y#324;ski, Verhulst - van der Plas, Groenendaal.

Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Mi#322;ek - Flores D'Arcais, Öztürk, Balyon - Espinola, Rogersson, Halling, Bö#337;r - Billand, Kronskär, Catanã.

Waar strategy involved pressing and cutting off attack angles of their opponents from all over the field. Snaken took the lead in the games 9:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Boe Halling was the scorer. The visitors Lars-Åke Rogersson took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 21st minute. 0 - 2 for Snaken. Snaken's Lars-Åke Rogersson got himself booked after a foul. Snaken's Wietse Balyon got himself booked after a foul. The visitors Ristea Catanã took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 39:th minute. 0 - 3 for Snaken. Snaken´s Peter Billand received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 43rd minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 4. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. After this Snaken lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 4. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 71 percent possession rate.

Ristea Catanã came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Nils van Noort, hitting the bar. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 63rd minute Snaken goal, making it 0 - 5. Peter Billand was noted down as the scorer. The referee showed Waar's Jacek Du#380;y#324;ski the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. At this time in the match, Waar were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. Lars-Åke Rogersson increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 6. At this time in the match, Waar were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 71 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Waar player was without a doubt Nils van Noort. Wiert Litaay on the other hand, had a terrible day. Snaken's best player was Stanis#322;aw Mi#322;ek. Diego Flores D'Arcais on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 6.

Dell19
15-08-2005, 13:35
I guess you still need to keep winning if you want to auto promote.

Congratulations :)

yndy
15-08-2005, 13:57
In division VII there is no qualifier, first two auto-promote.

Edit: Boasting my results> I won 4-1 against my all time adversary Vega. He still never managed to defeat me although this could happen anytime now. I can also brag about my defeat 1-2 against a relatively weak team last Saturday but I was playing 5-2-3 with 10 forwards on the field. Under these conditions, it was a very decent showing.

Kemal
15-08-2005, 14:15
Indeed, I am still playing in so low a division that qualifiers are not necessary. [blush2]
But there is always fan mood to keep in shape, who knows I might be playing a sunny home game for the first time this season next week.

Btw, you guys are posting in the match results thread without posting results? Surely you've got some boasting over your own match results to do as well? [yeah]

Mistfit
15-08-2005, 14:57
Good weekend for me! 2nd sell out in a row. (by the end of next season I'll be expanding the arena) 8th win in a row. I'm currently in 2nd place (behind by 3 points) Next match I'm playing the #1 team at his place. I'm a bit undecided whether or not to MoT next week to try my best or PiN next week and MoT the last week in hopes of scoring a bunch of points. I'm currently 4 points scored differential behind the #1 guy.
quote:Crowd: 12000 [charge]

A scorching day at Mistfit's_Marauders Arena, where 12000 spectators were in place for today´s match. Mistfits_Marauders had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Wennemars - Lombardi, Ventura, Pearce - Puggaard, Zannirato, Borg, Queirós, Cavanna - Mattka, Wang-Kin.

GuinnessFC had chosen a strategic 4-3-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Devore - Guevara, Mccurdy, Slater, Wakefield - Staton, Björnsson, Acosta - Nixon, Curtis, Molder.

GuinnessFC saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Mistfits_Marauders made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Ruedi Mattka completely alone with keeper Erick Devore, who made a spectacular block. GuinnessFC had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Piet-Hein Wennemars saved Michael Slater´s shot headed for the top corner. 25 minutes into the game Leo Guevara had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Kurtis Jones. Mistfits_Marauders took the lead by 1 - 0 after a penalty in the 27:th minute. Gerry Lombardi scored from the penalty spot. After 32 minutes, a couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area by Mads Puggaard might have resulted in another goal for Mistfits_Marauders. However, Erick Devore made a spectacular save. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, GuinnessFC's Tracey Nixon got himself booked. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Mistfits_Marauders, with an impressive 75 percent possession of the ball.

Mistfits_Marauders were given a penalty in the 58:th, neatly put away by Gerry Lombardi. 2 - 0 for the home side. Mistfits_Marauders's Ruedi Mattka scored 3 - 0 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net. A header from Rex Mccurdy connected with a corner kick after 61 minutes, and the ball ended up with Lucas Acosta of GuinnessFC who shot the 3-1 goal. GuinnessFC mounted an inspired counterattack in the 80:th minute, but Jason Curtis was unable to convert from short range. Kevin Ventura of Mistfits_Marauders received a yellow card in the 86th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Gustavo Queirós should probably have put his team up another goal in the 87:th minute, but some great goaltending by Erick Devore kept the visitors in the game. Mistfits_Marauders held the ball, with a clear 76 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Mistfits_Marauders player was without a doubt Roberto Cavanna. Kevin Ventura on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating GuinnessFC player was without a doubt Michael Slater. Kurtis Jones on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 1.

I really am happy I started this game, as I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it. :D I also really appreciate all of your help that you've given me. I can see that without the help this game would be very frustrating for a n00b and I can easily imagine why so many teams get left unplayed [goodjob]

akots
15-08-2005, 15:07
Well, I've won all my league games so far without much trouble. So, I hope I can promote automatically to Division V from a rather decent league of Division VI. There were no walkovers and there are at least 4 very strong teams which field even more stars than I can ever hope.

But I have a very mixed feeling about the promotion. It does not look like I will be able to survive in Division V. At least not while training forwards. Survival there means team has to play 3-5-2 or if playing 3-4-3 it should be a way stronger team than mine. So, I need to consider either switching training (keeping two best forwards while selling all others) or make myself comfortable with playing in the VIth Division again. I might though survive through qualifiers there. There are many rather weak Division VI teams who play in qualifiers and I can try to beat them by the end of next season unless I will auto-relegate. However, it would mostly depend on how strong is that particular Division V in which I will promote.

Dell19
15-08-2005, 20:21
I won 7-0 but the opposition team has never logged in and gets 50 hatstats so nothing to gloat about.

arne1
15-08-2005, 22:12
Well, I won again yesterday, 6-1 against an ownerless team. So I am still in the lead on goal difference 4 and 5 better than the competition. They will be playing each other and I will play a relativeley new team (has played two matches) next week. I should be able to beat that without a problem.
Last round the number two will play away at number 4 and number three will play ownerless team or replacement and so will I. So it will be decided on the last day. But I think I have a solid chance of getting the desired medal and promotion is almost in the bag.