barbu1977
04-08-2005, 13:43
I'm playing a BAT visitor.

I'm the Maya. David playing the Iros[cry]
Map by Darkness[goodjob]

Here is my start:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/barbu1977/20058413330_map1.JPG

That will do [charge]
I settled on the spot. Apparently David moved?? maybe we had different start.

He is the only one to start with Alpha, I'll let him do the philo gambit. So I set research on the weel. The start will be tough, incas have the same starting tech as mine, and chineese know massonery. So I set science on the weel (20 turns due to the gold hill).
Apparently the AI's don't have the gold hill because on F11, I'm number 1 in GNP at 5 or 6 megatons.

Socrates
04-08-2005, 15:19
quote:Originally posted by barbu1977

Apparently the AI's don't have the gold hill because on F11, I'm number 1 in GNP at 5 or 6 megatons.

Megacoins. ;)

BTW, is that a bonus grassland under the worker's feet ? If yes, then it's time for a wonderful factory !! [cool] Profit from your 2 traits :
- agricultural : irrigate the cow and go up to 5 food per turn ;
- industrious : quickly mine the 3 bonus grasslands and 1 normal grassland (I suggest the one NW of the city) ; run your factory from size 4.5 (size 4 with 15 food in box and of course a granary), build a warrior in 1 turn and then a settler in 3 turns up to size 6.5 ; at size 5 you harvest the whale ! :)

That's an excellent location ! Maybe build a 2nd worker ?

Darkness
15-08-2005, 00:33
So, what's happening here, barbu?

David's spoiler is much longer and I am kinda fed up with only reading one half of the story... ;)

j/k

barbu1977
15-08-2005, 03:45
I know I've waited a bit, but I was truly going to post the update tonight.

Well, I mixed up a bit the oppening deciding to build a worker after the 2 scouts warriors. This, I think delayed my settler factory way to mutch making me behind in growth. Fortunatly, now the factory is running well (1 warrior and 1 settler every 4 turns.)

I have met every civs except David's Iros. All the civs are up Mysticysm and Map making on me. As you can see, i'm going to the expensive curency for a trade later on. (David palying the Iros realy had the free philo Gambit)

Darkness designed well the map in order to make hoses and Iron preaty far away (making the Iros UU a bit less powerfull.)

In the future.
1- Finish settling the grounds
2- Build a force to invade the Incas
3- Try to find a northwest passage to David's land and maybe suprise him with a landing.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/barbu1977/20058153359_map2.JPG
138.12KB

barbu1977
15-08-2005, 22:40
I just had contact with David. Unfortunaltly, I have no techs to offer to him :(

He's probably holding back all the techs leading to republic (good Idea on his part)

Anyway's I've got a bit of catching up to do.

In PBEM, is it a good idea to look at the tech cost before and after you meet with you opponent to find out which tech he as? has anybody did this? is it ethical?

Socrates
15-08-2005, 23:36
quote:Originally posted by barbu1977

In PBEM, is it a good idea to look at the tech cost before and after you meet with you opponent to find out which tech he as? has anybody did this? is it ethical?

It is a good idea. :) I don't see why it is exploitive, since you just look at a figure on a screen twice. Unless you agreed to cover your eyes each time you open up the F6 screen. [tongue] Go ahead. I even think that the game should tell you how many civs have it, since your analysis is a direct consequence of this, and why should we be forced to do some stupid maths when the game can do it for us ?

barbu1977
25-08-2005, 15:26
UPDATE:
We are at turn 90. And the settling process is still going on with 2 settler factories.

I finaly discover Republic that David has been holding back. Unfortunatly, I draw a 8 turn anarchy :(

On the positive side, david having held so tightly to Rep. has caused me to ba able to trade it for construction, poly and 9 gpt. :)

Now everybody is even on science except for gilgamesh who has feud. as his free tech.

barbu1977
05-09-2005, 15:49
Turn 100 update. (100 turns in 1 month, preaty good :) )

The map:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/barbu1977/200595154051_map3.JPG
199.17KB

The demographics:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/barbu1977/200595154140_demographics.JPG
77.42KB

I have 19 cities 2 settlers on their way and 2 in production
David is ahead of me in population production and economics, but has way less territory. His are about size 8.

Science wise, every AI has feud. witch I lack. So it's all even.

The master plan:
1- Finish expansion (6 more settlers)
2- Build horsemen
3- Upgrade to Knights
4- Take on the Incas

barbu1977
06-09-2005, 15:12
Turn 101.
David is dening my scouting warrior acces to unexplored territory. I ask him to move his MW, instead he kills my warrior.
I'm waiting for the battle repport, but it is likely to trigger his GA.

Anyways, this enabled me to lower my Lux to 0%. He is so far away, I doubt he can send more than a couple of units. So I'll let war go until he asks for peace.

Rik Meleet
06-09-2005, 15:48
I hope you mean: "begs for peace". That ought to teach him ;) ...

barbu1977
06-09-2005, 15:52
Yep, begs is the word I was looking for.
I'll go update my knowlege on war weariness

I just got confirmation that it is a MW that got a peice of my warrior. So I know that his GA is in progress.

barbu1977
09-09-2005, 04:20
Wow that did not take long:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/barbu1977/20059941918_map4.JPG

Also, note that David is on the move and gaining Sumerian Territory quite rapidly.

Rik Meleet
09-09-2005, 10:07
I think that David isn't aware of the "Diplomacy peace treaty offer" bug. When checking F4 while in war you need to "clear table" before closing the F4 screen or you will send an (unwanted) peacetreaty. It could be wise if you'd let him know.

barbu1977
09-09-2005, 13:41
He did tell me that peace offer wasn't intentional.

barbu1977
30-09-2005, 05:08
Turn 123. Game progressing well.

Time for an update, my expansion is over and I'm currently working on Libraries and Marketplaces. I'm also starting to cranck up a few horses.

David is still on the move. He finished the sumerians a couple of turns ago and he is now going after the celts. Luckely for him the pyramid was in entremont and the great library is in Lugdunum. Nothing I can do about the pyramids, but i'm sending a few troops to raze the library before he can do some kind of slingshot whith it.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/barbu1977/20059305251_map5.JPG

barbu1977
05-10-2005, 05:18
David finishes the celts, meaning he posseses the great library, meaning no more trades with the AI. I'm sending 2 horses and 2 pikes to do some damage in the old celt territory.

He just signed an alliance with the Incas against me. Not bad, I get war happiness and a couple of inca towns. I also think i'm going to triger my GA. Unfortunatly, I do not know when Leo is going to be finished but the incas are on it.

To do:
-Triger GA, build horses and get cash for upgrade.
-Get a couple of inca towns and wonders (none usefull)

barbu1977
14-10-2005, 05:19
The war against the Incas realy did not go very well.
I thought I would be able to win it with horses and that did not work. I lost many units.

Fortunatly, I was able to :
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/barbu1977/200510145022_leader2.JPG

I also managed to get a city close to slatpeper (I have none in my land). Unfortunatly I had to abandon it later:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/barbu1977/200510145218_saltpeper.JPG

Finaly after loosing 2 Javelin guys, I finaly managed the folowing:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/barbu1977/20051014573_GA.JPG

So I decide to get peace with the Incas for only 50G.
Hopefuly, this will permit me to secure the saltpeper resource, and while I'm in my GA build masses of horsemens and gather loads of cash for upgrade to cavalry.[backstab]

Meanwhile in the other side of the world, I manage a small landing in David's newly acquired territory:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/barbu1977/2005101451133_landing.JPG
I razed the city, killed 1 MW, and he killed i horse. Since he protected all the mountains, I got back on my boat and went home. This should get his ww level up by 15 points. Not bad.[fdevil]

[help]Now, the thing I have to decide, and I need some opinion on it.[help]

Should I use my leader to:
A) Build a cavalry army.[ponder]
B) Relocate my palace in the center of my empire.[ponder]

classical_hero
27-10-2005, 17:07
Build an army. That way you will be able to get other great (as in useful) small wonders that come along with it.

barbu1977
27-10-2005, 18:01
Probably what I will do if I ever get the chance. Unfortunaltly this game will be over before I get the chance to do so.

More later on. Bus basicly, David came rushing in 2 turns before Mil. Trat. Since my only source of Salpeper is close to his entry point, I lost the opportunity to bild any cavalry.

barbu1977
31-10-2005, 13:48
OK, the game is over.

As stated before, David charged in with Cavs while I had 2-3 turns left to research on it. And he disconected my saltpeper. Since I did not go for chivalry (I continued to build horses to upgrade) My counter attack was decimated. I was not able to trade with either china or Incas since David aligned them against me.

Later I would have been able to hook up salperper, but still had 1 turn to go fir Mil Trad.

When I was finaly able to speak to incas, I had no longer a trade route to them. (and the game was over anyways.)

So things I should have done better:
- Trigger my GA 10 turns earlier to realy race to Mil. Trad. faster
- Enforce the Ruleset we choose denying military alliance with the AI
- Make a Mil. Alliance with the Incas when our first war ended.

With this I beleive I could have been a more suitable opposition.