PDA

View Full Version : Stuttgart - Spoiler

Matrix
19-07-2005, 22:18
I played together with smalltalk, but he could only play in the weekend, so I play the game from now on. But I do hope to get extensive feedback. ;)

First of all the map.
http://www.straland.com/images/cdz/Stuttgart04.gif
We are dark blue obviously. Yellow is GrilledBanzai, red is anarchokillers, green is Beam and purple is Markstar (not yet met).

We have two settlers, going to settle as indicated. You can see the south of our empire here.
http://www.straland.com/images/cdz/Stuttgart01.jpg

And here's the north.
http://www.straland.com/images/cdz/Stuttgart03.jpg

Hoogkerk and Groningen are both 4 turn settler factories. Notice I was able to connect the spices this turn. :) The lux slider went down a notch and after some micromanagement we will now have Construction in 6 turns with +3 gpt. I also dispatched a barbarian camp.

Our idea was to build settlers wherever possible, since we still have so much space to settle, but where it's not possible we build barracks and then Rik's. I think our first enemy will be GrilledBanzai.

Finally, look what I found here. :D
http://www.straland.com/images/cdz/Stuttgart02.jpg

Now, important question. Hoogkerk, Groningen and Veendam will build a settler next turn. Where should they go to? My suggestion: one settler 3 or 4 tiles southwest of Oude Pekela, one 1 tile northwest of the goody hut and the third somewhere northwest of Helm's Deep.

smalltalk
20-07-2005, 14:35
Maybe I'm gonna change my policy "No civ during working week" and finally give the PBEM thing a try.

Grille sent me the turn yesterday, have you got it as well?

Matrix
20-07-2005, 16:17
Yes. I played it, and above you can see the result. :)

Let's do it like this: once one of us notices we have the save, we'll see if the other is online on MSN and available to play. If so, we check the save simultaneously and decide what to do and then one of us will send it.

Although...that's a rigmarole. (laborious) Perhaps just one of us should play and send and the other can give suggestions on what to do.

romeothemonk
20-07-2005, 16:53
Well Matrix, I would heartily encourage roasting Banzai first. I have been looking for a chance to get back at him since Fab 4, and I really encourage any revenge that can be taken.
Good luck guys.
(Note: I am lurking in most of the spoilers, but not giving out any info to other players. I am just saying what I would do, knowing discussing and divulging only their position.)

Matrix
20-07-2005, 17:05
About note in brackets: in the Netherlands we have a saying: "Kicking in an open door."
Meaning: stating the obvious. [tongue]

romeothemonk
20-07-2005, 17:39
But I like kicking. I will kick open doors, closed doors, broken doors etc.
I was hoping that the obvious part would be the warring on Banzai.

Matrix
20-07-2005, 17:50
[lol]
GrilledBanzai is my personal #1 target. But we'll see how it goes. They do have a warrior looking out for us. [rolleyes]

smalltalk
20-07-2005, 21:31
quote:Originally posted by Matrix
Let's do it like this: once one of us notices we have the save, we'll see if the other is online on MSN and available to play. If so, we check the save simultaneously and decide what to do and then one of us will send it.

Although...that's a rigmarole. (laborious) Perhaps just one of us should play and send and the other can give suggestions on what to do.

Matrix, did you mention Teamspeak in Stuttgart? Or do you know skype? I have no experience with this stuff. Is it convenient?

Actually, I'm a lazy typer. But I'll try to get some basic thoughts and questions posted.

About the turn-playing: Let's see how it works out, let's see how I like the PBEM-style, and how long my interest in this game stays up.

How long do you expect until the save is in again? What are the turn-around times?

Matrix
22-07-2005, 14:26
Well, the first turn still hasn't had a full round. [rolleyes] I think we all have to get used to this form of play.

Matrix
04-08-2005, 19:40
New turn.

We've met Markstar! [yeah]

First how far we are with science:
http://www.straland.com/images/cdz/Stuttgart06.jpg

Markstar does not have: Iron Working, Mysticism, Mathematics and Horseback Riding. [eek]
Now that we're playing PBEM we can also safely see what the others do have. And...they have everything we have. [sad]
I do remember we had some tech deals going on. I'll ask around what they were.

[u]Unit movement</u>
I noticed the Yellow warrior was gone in the south and checked it out. It appears it went to a barb camp, which we now destroyed. [tongue]
http://www.straland.com/images/cdz/Stuttgart05.jpg

What to do with this warrior?
http://www.straland.com/images/cdz/Stuttgart07.jpg

[u]Domestic</u>
The north:
http://www.straland.com/images/cdz/Stuttgart08.jpg

The south:
http://www.straland.com/images/cdz/Stuttgart09.jpg

Matrix
04-08-2005, 22:59
We get Currency from anarchokillers and Polytheism+gold from GrilledBanzai for Construction. :)

Matrix
09-08-2005, 14:31
Markstar offered Map Making. I offered Mysticism and Horseback Riding in return. They're both still cheaper than Map Making alone.
I'll ask Markstar if he can could Literacy.

And a Greek warrior appeared east-north-east of the iron source. Therefore I moved the warrior back to Helm's Deep. It shouldn't be able to do any harm (except for the worker) as the Rik Meleet in Winschoten will be done in time.

Matrix
09-08-2005, 22:57
I sent to him:
quote:I've offered Horseback Riding and Mysticism in return for Map Making. Do you have Literacy, or could you research it for us? I can give you Mathematics for that.
His reply:
quote:Thank you for the offer!!! How does that sound; Map Making and Literature in
exchange for Iron Working, Math, Myst and one other tech of your choice?
After all, MM and Lit are both rather expensive while the others are pretty
cheap. Plus, I desperately need to catch up!
What do you think, smalltalk? It sounds ok to me.

Besides, he's at the other side of the continent, so the better he gets, the more trouble our neighbours will get in the future. [evil]

Matrix
16-08-2005, 18:08
Rats! GrilledBanzai will have the dyes sooner that us. http://www.straland.com/images/smilies/cringe.gif

http://www.straland.com/images/cdz/Stuttgart10.jpg

Matrix
26-08-2005, 15:01
I just had a chat with Markstar:
quote:
Click here to view your entire conversation history with this contact

Markstar said:
yep, I really should
Markstar said:
hi
Markstar said:
I finally have a decent internet access again, so if you want we can continue our game some time.

Markstar says:
Hi,
are u there?
Matrix says:
Yes.
Markstar says:
You misunderstood me - I don't want more techs, not at all!!!!! I apologize for not being clear on that!
Markstar says:
I was more interested in an alliance between us and some negotiations. I think I could offer you quite something if we were playing together.
Matrix says:
I agree.
Matrix says:
I can't offer you anything else at the moment but Horseback Riding.
Markstar says:
There is only one problem - I would need to know if you have a permanent alliance with somebody else
Matrix says:
I will have Construction soon, but that's a tad more expensive.
Matrix says:
I don't.
Markstar says:
Are you sure, no alliance against me?
Matrix says:
I much prefer to work with you closely in the future! We won't bother each other for a long time and a good scientific relationship will benefit us both!
Markstar says:
If no, I think I can make sure that we will be the last two (with little help from you).
Matrix says:
I don't know of any hostility in this game yet.
Markstar says:
But all our negotiations, agreements, etc would HAVE to be absolutely SECRET before we continue
Matrix says:
Of course!
Markstar says:
Before that I would not share the info
Markstar says:
o.k.
Matrix says:
I doubt you can already have a working plan that will eliminate the other three, but go ahead. I'm interested in hearing your story.
Markstar says:
You PROMISE not to share it or even hint it to anybody else (sorry for sounding paranoid)
Matrix says:
I promise! Hand on my chest!
Markstar says:
K
Markstar says:
1) I have a scientific leader
Matrix says:
Sweet.
Markstar says:
-&gt; I plan on rushing the GL which would give me all techs, of course, at least of the AA
Markstar says:
(since at least two parties will trade)
Markstar says:
As you can see, I don't need ANY techs from you actually, money would be much better
Markstar says:
all this was supposed to be was stalling
Markstar says:
but I think we would be more effective working together, wouldn't you agree?
Matrix says:
Yes.
Matrix says:
But this rather changes the science situation.
Markstar says:
the plan is that I will have a considerable strike force ready once the first wave of MA techs is researched and traded
Matrix says:
I mean, what can I offer you for Map Making and Literature?
Markstar says:
(which should be in about 20 turns if I am correct)
Matrix says:
Probably.
Markstar says:
I already have Literature
Markstar says:
I could build GL any turn if I wanted to
Markstar says:
but of course I don't
Markstar says:
1) it would tell the others and I would like to get Engineering and Feud
2) I would get HBR and I DON NOT want it at this point
Markstar says:
I intend to upgrade them later with the money I saved in the next 20 turns
Matrix says:
First build chariots?
Markstar says:
yep.
Matrix says:
They should've let upgrades cost 40 gold instead of 30.
Markstar says:
I'm not sure who to attack first yet (Beam is closer but anarchokillers are more of a threat)
Matrix says:
I could help you attacking anarchokiller.
Markstar says:
are you close to anarres? how is your situation with Egypt?
Markstar says:
cool
Matrix says:
Both just as close.
Markstar says:
we'll see how much help I'm going to need, I doubt much
Matrix says:
Well, I probably can get to Rome easier than to Egypt.
Matrix says:
You don't need much help. Once you two are on a full scale attack, I can sneak from the back. He'll probably have minimal units there then.
Markstar says:
anyways, I would "gift:" you Map Making and whatever else you want for cooperation and your efforts that MA techs will be traded as soon as they are available
Matrix says:
I'll do my best to trade with the others, naturally.
Markstar says:
you could start a MA tech and coordinate with everybody once you are there
Markstar says:
you could trade your researched tech with somebody and (hopefully) get the 3rd from me (Monotheism)
Matrix says:
Or I trade my researched tech with two people.
Markstar says:
...maybe even Theology if you insist.
Markstar says:
exactly
Markstar says:
!!!
Markstar says:
I realize that you might feel threatened by me conquering but I would agree to gift you a substantial amount of land that I get
Matrix says:
I expect to go to the Middle Age quite soon, by the way.
Markstar says:
all I want is access to some lux resouces.
Matrix says:
Sure.
Markstar says:
my prediction is in ~5 turns
Markstar says:
(for everybody)
Matrix says:
I think sooner.
Markstar says:
nice, good for you!
Markstar says:

Matrix says:
I'll have Construction in two turns. Then I'll trade and [pop] -&gt; middle age.
Markstar says:
yep, sounds good
Matrix says:
You better hurry up with your attack. With pikemen it will be much harder.
Markstar says:
Nah, trust me, it will be no problem, though I might need your help with the second civ.

Matrix says:
Ok.
Matrix says:
Then I suggest to attack Beam first.
Matrix says:
I can't help you with Beam. He's too far away.
Markstar says:
I am leaning towards taking Beam out first, then anarchokillers.
But we'll see
Markstar says:
no problem, I can handle him
Matrix says:
You're quite confident.
Markstar says:
But as I said, a distraction for anarchokillers might be just what we need
Markstar says:
yep
Markstar says:
the only bad thing that can happen is if Beam attacks within the next 5 turns with more than 6 MWs
Matrix says:
Is there reason to suspect such an attack?
Markstar says:
other than that I should be safe (I spent quite a while looking at the game and thinking about how it could play out)
Markstar says:
I don't know
Matrix says:
Hm. I wouldn't worry then.
Markstar says:
he IS strong compared to me but other than that I have no clue what he is up to
Markstar says:
he was friendly so far
Matrix says:
Well, you don't have any MW's so that should make sense.
Markstar says:
plus now that Stapel is involved things were even better and they were willing to trade with me
Markstar says:
yep
Markstar says:
and I am just starting to build up my military
Markstar says:
so, how about I give you Map Making and Lit accepted and you give me IW next turn (just so that ppl can see I am moving forward in the tech tree).

then you get to MA, coordinate research with the others and make sure you don't research Monotheism
Markstar says:
or, make sure that two others research Feud and Engineering, do you think that is an option?
Matrix says:
That's ok.
Markstar says:
and once this is done, conquering starts.
Markstar says:
you think Egypt might backstab you?
Matrix says:
He might.
Markstar says:
they were building MWs in their capital last turn
Matrix says:
They might.
Matrix says:
So am I.
Matrix says:
Well, not in my capital.
Markstar says:
ahh, o.k., I just saw the settler that was to be finished in 2 turns and no barracks.
Markstar says:

Matrix says:
Indeed. Barracks will come after the settler.
Matrix says:
Or perhaps first a worker.
Markstar says:
hehe
Markstar says:
Anyways, so we have a formal alliance until only we are left?
Matrix says:
Let's say...until Rome and Greece is destroyed.
Matrix says:
are destroyed.
Matrix says:
Although, that wouldn't be fair.
Matrix says:
I should attack GrilledBanzai while you attack the other two.
Matrix says:
Yea, let's have an alliance until we're the only ones alive.
Markstar says:
hmm, o.k., as long as you don't tell anybody about our alliance, that's o.k., too, though I am ABSOLUTELY confident that you find me a very generous person when it comes to conquered land etc (as long as I get access to the luxuries as well)
Markstar says:
k, great!
Matrix says:
I can't wait.
Markstar says:
now let's just hope that we actually get to play out the conquering within a decent timeframe.
Markstar says:
will play right now and offer you MM and Lit, I hope that works
Matrix says:
Cool!
Matrix says:
If you don't mind I'd like to continue with what I was doing.
Markstar says:
sure, go ahead, I need to get on as well
Markstar says:
talk to you later!
Matrix says:
Bye!

Matrix
11-10-2005, 00:14
Hm, that was a long chat to post. But let me summarize: he offered to attack Beam and anarchokillers if I were to eliminate GrilledBanzai. His plan is kinda messed up though, because he got Horseback Riding earlier as planned. (He wanted to upgrade loads of chariots.)

But now I have agreed with anarchokillers a permanent alliance to attack each other as last, guaranteeing a second place. [mischief] This was after we agreed that they'd research Feudalism, me Engineering and Beam Monotheism. I haven't talked with Beam about this, but I trust [rolleyes] that it'll all be arranged by Killer.

One way or the other, GrilledBanzai will be my first victim. I fear the plans are vice versa. The biggest problem will be how to arrive at the enemy not long before they notice me. I need a way to defend my Mounted Warriors.

Rik Meleet
11-10-2005, 00:19
I don't get it. What deals have you made now and who are you going to attack ?

Matrix
19-10-2005, 23:03
I made an agreement with Markstar that he'd eliminate anarchokiller and Beam, and that I would kill GrilledBanzai.
I...well, it's not an agreement yet, but Killer and I suggested to have a permanent alliance, especially seeing the fact that we're both the most advanced civs.