PDA

View Full Version : LAN/PBEM at Killer's, spoiler

Grille
19-07-2005, 17:41
So this would be our spoiler.

If you're smalltalk, Matrix, Markstar, Beam, anarres or Killer, get out of here ASAP!:)

Grille
19-07-2005, 18:00
The first 57 turns were played over LAN at Killer's during the summer-meeting. The map was made by Rik, seemingly a pangaea map. Level is DG, but it only matters for tech/barbs since this game has no AIs in it.
5 players/teams are in:
-GrilledBanzai (me and Banzai)
-SmallTrix (smalltalk and Matrix)
-Markstar
-Beam
-anarchokillers (anarres and Killer)
Every civ has the agricultural/commercial trait and uses a "Rik Meleet" (=MW) as UU.[charge]
2 settlers and 2 workers were the starting units, the starting locs were even and somewhat far apart from each other (which eventually resulted in lots of *very* bizarr negotiations and deals, to be 'signed' during IBTs on Killer's balcony...)

Either me or Banzai will come up with a brief abstract about the stuff that happened so far.

Atm, we are running for a source of dyes north of our position, very likely competing against SmallTrix here. To this end, the following detection is quite interesting: a SmallTrixian MW was sighted, as well as a barb camp. (btw F3 says we're strong compared to SmallTrix - but as said, deatails later).
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Grille/2005719174230_balcony058_01.jpg
121.33 KB

Banzai
15-08-2005, 19:36
Turn 61 played!
This is our current situation:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/banzai/200581519328_grilledbanzai1.JPG

Our settler is one tile south of the dyes (hidden underneath the fortified warrior next to the Smalltrix MW).
Memphis is about to grow to size 8. It will probably be unhappy, so I suggest we build a settler after the MW.
We could use more cities, as we are dead last in territory, bur first in population.
We should also make a dotmap for our backyard. The river looks very tasty :)

The barb galley at our westcoast might have killed a curragh from Killer/Anarres and it will probably attack ours in 2 turns.
Speaking of Killer & Anarres... we should recieve mapmaking next turn.

[charge]
Banzai!

Rik Meleet
16-08-2005, 09:30
What's an MW ?? ;)

Banzai
16-08-2005, 11:23
MW stands for Mounted Warrior.
It is a warrior sitting on top of an animal.
As the only animals capable of carrying our magnificent warriors are horses, a Mounted Warrior is a man on the back of a horse.
In the picture in Grille's post you can see two of them.
One of them is blue and weak (it has only 3 hitpoints) while the other is yellow and strong.
The last one is ours of course.

Because this warrior is sitting on top of a horse it can move much faster than any non-mounted unit. Also, as it is positioned higher than any other unit it is capable of attacking from above, and so causing much more havoc and destruction than anyone else.

That, my friend, is an MW.

Socrates
16-08-2005, 13:01
WAOH !!! [eek] And Banzai, how do you build these ? That seems more complicated than spamming a spoiler, you surely have to find some horses for your warriors, don't you ? [hmm] This game is too hard, I think I'll never understand how to play it.