PDA

View Full Version : Results, league, 7th round of play

Kingreno
10-07-2005, 21:58
Managed a miracle 0-0 against second placed team. He outgunned me in many ways but good tactics and a decent pressing skill were enough. Very happy with the result.[goodjob]

This means that halfway the season I am 3rd with 12 points.

A better then expected result. How are you guys doing?

Kemal
10-07-2005, 22:55
Way to go KR, exciting news, though the match itself was quite boring, judging from the match report. ;)

Indeed I am curious as well how other teams are doing, especially plenty of newcomers to the CDZ cup! Most of these teams don't play anywhere near matchtimes in Holland, which is when I usually try to check up on how other teams are doing, so I'm not really sure whether most CDZ-ers are fighting relegation or pushing for the title atm. :)

As for Snaken... well it is just playing out the season already it seems, with 7 played and 21 points, and a 29-1 goal difference it seems this division is a little too weak for the current team, making the matches quite predictable, and prolly one of the reasons I have not figured yet in the toto. ;)

Today's match:

quote:
15350 spectators arrived at FC Pekela Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Pekela had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Bijlsma - Koppe, Bax, Lindner, van Hootegem - Egas, Andersen, Counotte, Cuenca - Igelgĺrd, Rodríguez.

Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Mi#322;ek - Poorter, Öztürk, Flores D'Arcais - Espinola, Balyon, Rogersson, Halling - Billand, Kronskär, Catană.

Snaken's Ristea Catană could have put the guests one up in the 2th minute, chasing a through ball but Sybrand Bijlsma was fast as a snake, grabbing the ball from under his nose. The terraces were silenced in the 7:th minute as Snaken´s Berke Can Öztürk put the guests ahead 0 - 1, following an attack from the right. After 12 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Harold Poorter who increased Snaken´s lead to 0 - 2. The structure of the game started to change as Snaken decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Snaken´s Ristea Catană missed a penalty shot in the games 20:th minute. The shot produced was way too weak, leaving the keeper to collect it at his own leisure. Harold Poorter could have put his team up another one in the 22nd minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 70 percent possession rate.

Boe Halling seemed to be floating in the air at will as he elegantly headed in 0-3. The previous Snaken corner kick was executed by Ristea Catană. The visitors Jose Maria Espinola took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 64:th minute. 0 - 4 for Snaken. Peter Billand came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Sybrand Bijlsma, hitting the bar. The referee showed Pekela's Flávio Egas the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Snaken´s Boe Halling made it through the home teams defence in the 82nd minute, and had only to place the ball in an unguarded goal when the home side´s defender sprang up from the left, clearing the ball on the line. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 74 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Pekela player was without a doubt Gerard van Hootegem. Flávio Egas on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Snaken player was Stanis#322;aw Mi#322;ek. Diego Flores D'Arcais was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 4.

With a nice fact worth a mention: I broke my star-record again due to a very good training last friday, and it stands now at 40 stars exactly! [dance]

Shabbaman
10-07-2005, 23:26
Herbstmeister!

Dell19
10-07-2005, 23:42
And this was the reason why I was surprised to see my game in the toto this week...

Wartham 0-6 Cheery.

Energy
11-07-2005, 08:26
Got myself a 3-0 victory, but it costed me a red card of one of my best players. And that already in the first minute of the game!!! But luckily still in the lead and heading for promotion.

socralynnek
11-07-2005, 10:37
Won 1-2 away at the maybe most active team of my league (most press releases)
Since the team that had the same number of points only played 1-1 against a team that had lost his manager (and even the standard lineup can't be that good) I am 2nd with 2 points ahead.

yndy
11-07-2005, 10:53
I expected a clear win against the last team in the league but the sob decided to MOTS me so I only managed to win 3-0. Finished second in the group with 18 points with one defeat to the current front-runner. I expect to keep this going for the second half of the season. 2nd place is all I want.

Mistfit
11-07-2005, 14:50
I'm actually very pleased with the results of the Marauders!

Right now we are 3rd in series VI. 180 (lowest in U.S.) with 13 points!

Looking forward this week we play the same as last which I beat 5-0
The following week I play a team that 3 weeks ago I beat 3-1
and the week after I think will be a computer team by then (the guy that sold off all of hs team)
I hate to get to optomistic but I could see myself coming in 2 or third this season.

Last week fielded my best team at 28.4 stars (per HO!)

Scoring for the season has been 20-8 in my favor.

Thanks for all of the help! you guys are great

Melifluous
11-07-2005, 17:39
Stuffed some dude away from home 0-9.

Missed a few chances too ;)

Gonna be plain sailing this division apart from the fact that I LOST the match to my only rival at his place.

Now I need to keep my Goal difference high and beat him on the return leg and Win the division on goal difference [:P]

Which is also why I'm not selling my 2 IMs that just hit Outstanding PM [fdevil]

Melifluous

arne1
11-07-2005, 18:43
I am doing OK so far. Since I decided to play 3-5-2 (I waited while I was training stamina to build up esxperience and avoid confusion), I have the strongest midfield in my league. I am now first on amount of goals scored. I still have to visit my co-leader, and the number 4 the number 3 has to come to me. I do not worry too much about the games against 3 and 4, becuase I won both games easily and the away game I have to play is a derby. The number 2 guy is a challenge though. He beat me in our first match, but than I was not yet playing 3-5-2. So I still have high hopes to be the champion.
I have 15 points out 7 officially and got 12 out of 5 which I actually played.
This week I had my first overconfident event. It sucks! Beat the crap out of this guy anyhow![hammer]

Swingue
12-07-2005, 18:21
I am doing OK, standing first in my league but lost my last game 0-2. Amazing 35-31 stars, brilliant tactic and still loosing, grrrrrr...

akots
12-07-2005, 18:38
I am also doing OK. But my league ain't no easy catch. Needless to say, the relegated team which we got from Div V this season is not doing very well, fluctuating from 6th to 4th place. And no walk overs either with only 2 more or less easy teams I get overconfidence events. I hope I can win it though this season.