PDA

View Full Version : Stupid bollocks ISP gets fist in arse

anarres
28-06-2005, 16:14
Not a nice image, but it's not meant to be. [mwaha]

The ISP that holds our domains has let us down with a disgraceful service, as you will know if you tried to access the site earlier today...

Not only were they unable to provide information about how long the lookup servers would be down, but they were also unable to provide me with any information on what the error actually was.

Please note that this is NOT the same ISP as the one we get the webspace (well, dedicated server) from. Also this ISP will NOT be providing us with services anymore, once we move our domains somewhere else (which could take up to 2 weeks).

BTW, the thread title is a homage to the company that takes 1 hour to answer my call, every 2 mins reminding me:

"You are number 11 in the queue"
"You are number 11 in the queue"
"You are number 10 in the queue"
"You are number 10 in the queue"
"You are number 9 in the queue"
"You are number 9 in the queue"
"You are number 8 in the queue"
"You are number 7 in the queue"
"You are number 6 in the queue"
"You are number 6 in the queue"
"You are number 5 in the queue"
"You are number 4 in the queue"
"You are number 4 in the queue"
"You are number 3 in the queue"
"You are number 3 in the queue"
"You are number 2 in the queue"
"You are number 1 in the queue"

THEY EITHER TAKE 20 MINS A CALL OR THEY HAVE 1 PERSON DEALING WITH ALL THEIR SUPPORT CALLS!!!!!!!!!!

digger760
28-06-2005, 16:19
I did not have any problems with access, but a few other people told me they could access the site. I guess i was the only one:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/digger760/200562816192_lonelyCDZ.JPG
70.06KB

Shabbaman
29-06-2005, 09:20
Site was down for me again yesterday late in the evening.

Beam
29-06-2005, 09:25
Send an e-mail to anar last night I got this stupid login thing again. [estwing] (not anar, the ISP)

digger760
29-06-2005, 10:22
I am curious as to what this "stupid login" thing is the people refer to. Is it a pop-up window? Is somebody trying to Phish our user names and passwords?

Darkness
29-06-2005, 11:25
quote:Originally posted by digger760

I am curious as to what this "stupid login" thing is the people refer to. Is it a pop-up window? Is somebody trying to Phish our user names and passwords?

it was a pop-up window for me...

ProPain
29-06-2005, 11:48
quote:Originally posted by Beam

Send an e-mail to anar last night I got this stupid login thing again. [estwing] (not anar, the ISP)

NOt sure if I understand this correctly, did you send ana or the ISP???

If you send the ISP: PLEASE DONT DO THIS!!!

I rent a server from the ISP and we're responsible for our own support. It would be greatly appreciated if you do not contact the ISP because:
- they're not allowed to change server settings.
- should they mistake you for someone who's representing me/my company and provide support, they will bill me for it.

If you have any issues, mail me or ana.

Thanks. PP

DrAlimentado
29-06-2005, 11:57
yeah well I bet 10 euros that Beam meant the hammer is for the isp, unlike the email - which was for anarres.

[hammer]grammer hammer[hammer]

ProPain
29-06-2005, 11:58
I understand now! So just ignore my post Beam.

anarres
29-06-2005, 12:45
Thanks for the email Beam - I didn't replay at the time cos I was trying to fix the server and not drop out of the poker tourney I was in (heh, I placed eventually). :)

This thread was initally about the DNS error, which was causing the site not to load at all (no response). This will be permanently fixed very soon.

The other error (log in box) is dealt with in another thread (also fixed). :)

col
29-06-2005, 18:52
Computers eh?
Doncha just hate them.

Beam
29-06-2005, 20:28
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

quote:Originally posted by Beam

NOt sure if I understand this correctly, did you send ana or the ISP???

If you send the ISP: PLEASE DONT DO THIS!!!

I rent a server from the ISP and we're responsible for our own support. It would be greatly appreciated if you do not contact the ISP because:
- they're not allowed to change server settings.
- should they mistake you for someone who's representing me/my company and provide support, they will bill me for it.

If you have any issues, mail me or ana.

Thanks. PP

What were your ratings at high school for grammar again PP? ;)

To make myself more clear. ISP: [estwing][estwing][estwing][estwing][estwing][estwing]

Even if it is for the wrong reason.

Socrates
21-07-2005, 23:58
CDZ has been down for the whole day (well, the day starts pretty late for me at the moment [mischief] ), like everybloody, it seems. I have had access for 10 minutes now. Curiously the site says I have been connected for longer (like if it recognized me, accounted my visit, but denied me access [???] ).

Matrix
22-07-2005, 00:20
Miss...my...dosis...
Gotta...have...<s>XTC</s>CDZ...
http://www.straland.com/images/smilies/frightened.gif

Beam
22-07-2005, 01:03
In the air again. CDZ mail seems to be have been uninterrupted.

Shabbaman
22-07-2005, 08:00
MurderDeathKill!!!

Couldn't get to CDZ either :(

Melifluous
22-07-2005, 11:49
anarres fixed it.

All hail to the man...

[worship]

Melifluous

ProPain
23-07-2005, 00:41
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

anarres fixed it.

All hail to the man...

[worship]

Melifluous

Even worse, unless we accessed simultaneously I fixed it.[:p] Bad enough that I gained these kind of techie skills to fix this bug.