PDA

View Full Version : About replacement player

Arghis
25-06-2005, 09:49
Hi

just a suggestion,

what do you think about finding (quickly) a kind of general replacement player (the map maker, why not) who will be able to load a save, play it (the more honestly possible) and send it (with turntracker) just for the sake of letting a game advances whent it becomes blocked.

Exemple :

8 player game is blocked since (too) many days. Whatever the reason of this problem, the last active player in this game could decide, as there is no more response from the actual player, to send the savegame to a guy we trust;

Turntracker allows for easily following the rythm of play of a game, so when you see that it has been a few days since a guys has not responded, this is a way to correct the situation.

I think that a few days is a question of common sense. 3 days seems to me a good time.

The general replacment player also have to know the passwords of the player of course. Usually the mapmaker know them, if not we can anticipate, and, after finding a guy, sending them to him.

your comments ?

Lt. Killer M
26-06-2005, 03:51
well, it might be a good idea if we all could agree to give the mapmaker a quick list of 'aims$rules', and if it is just for a few turns (jsut to you, Paalikles).

But take 8player - I was (and still am, until tuesday) abroad and with no net access. Still, on this occasion, I would hate for anyone else to play for me, as there are a bunch of decisions to be made that will have a massive influence. Think, to give an example that isn't in 8player, about how quitting use of a settler factory infleunces lux levels and production decisions!