PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT! GAMES DYING or What if a game dies?

Aggie
02-05-2003, 18:08
I started a couple of games and most of them proceed very nicely. However one or two have no progress at all. If I decide that I don't like to wait 14 days per turn and want to end it, how to cancel such a game for the ladder?

In fact if everyone posts in here or mail to civ_1v1@hotmail.com when they want to have a game stopped...

Please specify whether

a) Both players have decided to give up.
b) Whether you alone want the game stopped and why. (Map unfair, Other player not playing).
c) What you want done with regards to who won or lost.

If you are both agreed that the game should be stopped and who won then that will be game closed. If however there is either disagreement as to who won the game or whether they are playing the game then a ladder admin will then start a new topic declaring the closure of the game.
If this is not responded to by an absent player in the case of not playing, then after 3 days the game will be closed.
If there is still an active dispute as the outcome of a game after 3 days then the ladder admins will decide the outcome.

PREFERABLY ALL DISPUTED GAMES SHOULD BE MAILED TO THE ADMIN...

PLEASE DO NOT START A DISCUSSION ON YOUR GAME IN THIS THREAD BUT WAIT FOR A NEW ONE FOR YOUR GAME TO BE OPENED.

Melifluous, ProPain, Digger

PS. Sorry about the blatant threadjacking, but I'll stay on topic and just say that this was too good a post request to not make sticky ;) Thanks [:o]

Melifluous
02-05-2003, 22:04
As per the instructions in the PBEM thread on CFC.

If you see no game file for 2-3 days and you have repeatedly warned the person they are slow then you can appeal to the ladder admins (us) to get the game closed.

In such a case the offending non-player will be considered to have lost.

Simple as that...

Melifluous

Aggie
02-05-2003, 22:19
Sorry, I didn't read them (or memorise them).

I'll warn that person a couple of times then. But when the game closes, I don't need to have points added. That's not the way how I want to climb in the ladder...

Melifluous
02-05-2003, 22:36
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

I'll warn that person a couple of times then. But when the game closes, I don't need to have points added. That's not the way how I want to climb in the ladder...

OK man,

just clasify it as a given up, no submission, Killer and I did that on our first game after we had someone look at the map....

So no worries, I weren't thinking you were after a free lunch ;)

Melifluous

WildFire
02-05-2003, 22:50
Ok, can I have my game against CivGeneral (a ladder game) declared over? See our threads for all the times I said over 4+ days and 3+ days. I tell him in the civfanatics chat room and he says he'll play it but then "forgets".

Melifluous
02-05-2003, 22:58
quote:Originally posted by WildFire444

Ok, can I have my game against CivGeneral (a ladder game) declared over? See our threads for all the times I said over 4+ days and 3+ days. I tell him in the civfanatics chat room and he says he'll play it but then "forgets".

So do you wanna claim a win by default or would you just like this game officially closed and be done with it?

Melifluous

1v1 Ladder Admin

WildFire
02-05-2003, 23:03
For all the trouble he's freakin put me through, I want the win.

Melifluous
02-05-2003, 23:08
In fact if everyone posts in here when they want to have a game stopped...

Please specify whether

b) Whether you alone want the game stopped and why. (Map unfair, Other player not playing).

If you are both agreed that the game should be stopped and who won then that will be game closed. If however there is either disagreement as to who won the game or whether they are playing the game then I will then start a new topic declaring the closure of the game.
If this is not responded to by an absent player in the case of not playing, then after 3 days the game will be closed.
If there is still an active dispute as the outcome of a game after 3 days then the ladder admins will decide the outcome.

PREFERABLY ALL DISPUTED GAMES SHOULD BE MAILED TO THE ADMIN...

Melifluous

PS. The first post in this thread has been edited to include this information and this thread has been made sticky.

Aggie
02-05-2003, 23:38
Meli, I forgive you ;) Good to see that I'm not the only one with this question.

WildFire
03-05-2003, 01:04
A) I want to give up and since he doesnt seem interested in it, he probably wants to quit to focus on the demogame III
B) Its fair but see above reason.
C) I want the win, because I have tried to keep it alive.

CivGeneral
03-05-2003, 01:15
Wait a minute. I dont want my Game to end :(

WildFire
03-05-2003, 01:16
Than you shouldn't take 4 days to play 1 turn. Your online all the time. It takes 2 minutes. Obviously all ur time goes towards the demogame.

Game over.

CivGeneral
03-05-2003, 01:21
Plese give me another chance WF444. I promace to play it everyday from now on.

WildFire
03-05-2003, 01:28
You've said that before. And frankly, I don't believe you.

You've got one week. I'll see by next friday how well your doing.

Aggie
05-05-2003, 08:11
Please have my game vs Eklektikos stopped.

I sent a couple of reminders to Eklektikos. Initially I got a confirmation, but in the last week I had no answer at all. This may have legitimate reasons, but this game is simply not moving. We played 8 turns in the first two weeks but nothing happened since then.

Regarding points for the ladder: I don't need those points. Let's just forget that this game was ever started.

Shame about the map though. I'd suggest to give this map to two other players with similar requests

prettyvacant
05-05-2003, 09:27
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

Please specify whether

Firstly: how do I know if a game has been registered?

Secondly: If it is registered, and I think it is, can you please unregister the game between me and pleb. This is as a result of him not replying. I do not want points for this.

Thirdly: May I suggest that when the game registry is set up, it includes not only the result of the game but also why games stopped (if they stopped early ie before victory) and where appropriate which player stopped playing.

ProPain
05-05-2003, 10:38
quote:Originally posted by prettyvacant

Secondly: If it is registered, and I think it is, can you please unregister the game between me and pleb. This is as a result of him not replying. I do not want points for this.

Thirdly: May I suggest that when the game registry is set up, it includes not only the result of the game but also why games stopped (if they stopped early ie before victory) and where appropriate which player stopped playing.

1st : ladder rules require you to send us email that you started a ladder game. presently hardly anyone does this and we're turning a blind eye since we cannot process them properly yet. Working on that with Digger and Mel.

2st : Like Mel said, we can start a topic requesting the game to be closed. That way both players can react on the issue. If you both agree or one player doesn't respond we can close the game

3rd : Good suggestion, I like it. If Mel and Digger also agree it will be included.

prettyvacant
05-05-2003, 13:59
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

quote:Originally posted by prettyvacant

2st : Like Mel said, we can start a topic requesting the game to be closed. That way both players can react on the issue. If you both agree or one player doesn't respond we can close the game

When you say "we" do you mean you, or me? ie does the topic need to be set up by ladder admin, or should either of the interested parties just do it if they think it is necessary?

Aggie
05-05-2003, 14:03
Isn't this thread created/ammended to report games you want to cancel? Like I did this morning? I'd suggest that the discussion regarding the rules of reporting are held in a new thread.

digger760
06-05-2003, 11:05
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

[quote]Originally posted by prettyvacant

1st. I'm working on it.
3rd. Sure I can that add the to the running and completed games list

BTW the intention is to have webpage that allows anybody to look up current and completed games, who won, points awared ect. I can certainly add a stuff like games cancelled and who forfetied. However cos it invloves SQL and my SQL is a bit rusty it is taking longer than anticipated, although i should have it done soon

digger760

ProPain
06-05-2003, 12:24
When you want your game canceled : post the details here or email to civ3_1v1@hotmail.com and one of the ladder admins will set up a thread.

Please do NOT start a discussion on the game you wanna cancel in this thread because:
- the thread will clutter up
- it's much easier for us to delete an entire thread once an issue is settled than to delete seperate posts in this this thread.

Thanks for yor cooperation.

Arghis
10-08-2004, 13:07
hi

i've a problem with a ladder game with Irigy. (138
22/01/2004
Arghis
Carthaginians
Irigy
French )

i've no news of him, and it seems either there was a problem with his mail account for he said he don't receive my turns, either he has gone somewhere else.

My last request to him was on 24th of june, and the last turn i send (t 34) it was on the 11th of june.

i know that at this time i've had ISP problems, but i've done my best to maintain contact for every games.

so i ask that this game be erased. i don't ming (and even don't want)gaining points for this. i just want to clear the situation (and the ladder table :-) )

is this ok ?

Lt. Killer M
10-08-2004, 13:21
same for me, irigy seems gone :(

anarres
10-08-2004, 13:30
me too, he just disappeared...

digger760
10-08-2004, 15:21
me too