PDA

View Full Version : 16+ player: The Civant Alliance - SPOILER

Markstar
23-06-2005, 17:09
Just to get things started....[cool]

First concern obviously has to be the choice of the tribe. I am afraid with the 5 (2+3) choices I got myself into a lot of trouble since this is really a tough decision.
It all depends on what the others choose - do they count on getting a good agri-tribe like Iros or Celts, are they just going for low-priority agri-civs (like Inca or Dutch) or maybe even no agri-civs at all and simply going for a decent other tribe?

The thing is, if we select a not-so-good agri-civ we risk that everybody else thinks so, too and maybe one team will actually get Iros then. Therefore I am in favour of selecting Iros as first pick, just to make sure nobody else selects them.

For the second choice we have to assume that some agri-civs have already been selected and only a limited amount is left. For that reason I am for Dutch as the second choice. They are, imho, the weakest agri-civ in C3C and for that reason there might be a decent chance that nobody else selects them. One thing is clear: Any agri-tribe is superior to any other tribe in the game. Also, the Dutch have one other advantage: Assuming that Iros get thrown out (or we would get them from our first pick), the Dutch are the only agri-civ that starts with Alphabet, thus there is a very good chance for winning the Philosophy race. [pirate]

The alternative is of course selecting two medium-ranked agri-tribes like Sumeria or Maya as the first two choices. But again, who is to say that the other teams aren't thinking the same?

I guess it's fairly save to say that if we'd select Dutch as first choice that would be a fairly save bet to actually get it since there are 8 teams and 7 agricultural tribes which give the Dutch pretty good odds imo.

Anyways, first two are hard, what about the other three picks?
Whomp favours Riders which means China.

While I like the Riders as well, I think I'd prefer the Arabians since they also have 3 movement points but in addition cost 10 shields less and the Arabians have the stronger traits imho.

But Chinese sounds fine as 3rd choice, how about Arabia as 4th and I was thinking Japan as 5th since Samurai are a very strong unit and the traits are o.k. (could be better).

Decisions, decisions... [ponder]

Whomp
23-06-2005, 17:43
I agree with you on the Arabs over China.
I think everyone in their right mind would select the Iroquois and Mayans. I'd say go
1. Sumeria
2. Dutch
3. Aztec
If we can't get ag I think going fast unit is the key.
4. Arabs
5. Chinese

I like the Japanese UU and the wheel however religious and militaristic seem like such poor trait combos.

Markstar
23-06-2005, 18:06
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

I think everyone in their right mind would select the Iroquois and Mayans.
Mmh, I think it would be more like everybody would select Iros and Celts. Anyways, the problem is: What if everybody else thinks so, too and in the end nobody or just one other team selects them?

quote:
I'd say go
1. Sumeria
2. Dutch
3. Aztec
If we can't get ag I think going fast unit is the key.
4. Arabs
5. Chinese
We can't select Aztec as 3rd option since only the first 2 can be agricultural!

And Sumeria? I dunno, the problem is that their UU will get us into trouble since somebody will try to trigger an early GA and I don't think we can afford that.

quote:
I like the Japanese UU and the wheel however religious and militaristic seem like such poor trait combos.
Well, militaristic certainly sucks (only better than Expansionist and Seafearing), however Religious is a very strong trait imho, especially because of the skipped/reduced anarchy.

Whomp
23-06-2005, 18:22
Good point on the Sums. Same for the Aztecs and Mayans potentially.
The religious could be useful going from republic to monarchy or vis a vis. How about this then
1. Iroquios (just in case)
2. Dutch (at least a MA GA and philo possibility)
3. Arabs (fast unit in the MA and good other traits)
4. Japanese (same but with mil. trait)
5. Chinese (fast unit in the MA again)

Markstar you may want to tell people on your first post to not read in this thread.

Markstar
23-06-2005, 19:19

Good point on the Sums. Same for the Aztecs and Mayans potentially.
The religious could be useful going from republic to monarchy or vis a vis. How about this then
1. Iroquios (just in case)
2. Dutch (at least a MA GA and philo possibility)
3. Arabs (fast unit in the MA and good other traits)
4. Japanese (same but with mil. trait)
5. Chinese (fast unit in the MA again)

Markstar you may want to tell people on your first post to not read in this thread.
- Now Japan ahead of China? Fine by me, but I thought you preferred the Riders (actually I think I do, too). Btw, Mayans are not so bad when it comes to triggering a GA since you can always build warriors to avoid that.

- I highlighted the "Spoiler". ;) We have to decide if we want two seperate threads (one with a spoiler and one with internal discussions) or simply one thread. Whatever you want, but if you decide that one thread is enough then the SPOILER in the topic should be sufficient imo since everybody ought to know here not to read a spoiler while they are part of the game. In case we want this thread for just us, I can always limit the access for other users (except admins iirc)

- We still have to decide on a name, did you get my email(s)?

Whomp
23-06-2005, 19:55
Sorry I haven't checked my email in probably a week.
As far as names go, at CFC I am known as one of the idiots. My title says academia fatui or academy of idiots. What were you thinking?

The reason I changed my view on the Japanese is in a human vs. human there seems to be an advantage having the capability to change governments like you said. Not needing horses is an added benefit. I like the riders because I've always had good success generating leaders with them. Really it's just a random thing though.

Mistfit
23-06-2005, 22:53
quote:Not to threadjack but Markstar and I need a logo for our 16+ PBEM and I call "shotgun" as the first to ask you for one
What are you looking for?

What size?
What Name?
Banner?
What????
What???
What???

Gimme Ideas and requirements/

Whomp
23-06-2005, 23:26
We are called the The Civant Alliance.
Banner I say yes.
Size? Dunno. How about intimidating size whatever that is.
Avatar? I need a new one for here and Markstar doesn't have one.

Make us the coolest! You are good at that.

Mistfit
23-06-2005, 23:33
I'm going to be away from my creativity computer for a bit so it may be until early next week before I can get to this but I will do this for my orc brethern latest tuesday.

@Markstar ~ any ideas for an avatar?

Whomp
23-06-2005, 23:58
Thanks Mistfit!!

Markstar
24-06-2005, 00:25
[sleep] Who? What? Me? [satan]

Aehm, avatar, yes, I know it is about time that I have one. I actually have a few pics that I could use, just never gotten around to actually asking for it. [blush2] Plus I can't make up my mind. I like an animated avatar (especially like akots'), but otoh there are some themes that I would like. [confused]

But thanks for the offer and of course thank you for doing the team logo! [thumbsup]

Mistfit
24-06-2005, 00:42
Actualy Markstar I'm offering my services as an Avatar creator. If you give me some ideas I'll see what I can put together for you

Markstar
24-06-2005, 11:03
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

Actualy Markstar I'm offering my services as an Avatar creator. If you give me some ideas I'll see what I can put together for you
Yes, I know. :) Sorry that I wasn't clear on that. With "asking for it" I meant making a decision what avatar to use and posting it at the "Avatars are here"-thread.

If you are interested you pm me your email address I can send you the pics/avatars that I had in mind.

digger760
24-06-2005, 11:46
I hate to be picky, but, it is very hard to tell who's thread is who's for any lurker who has subscribed to all the teams threads. Perhaps you can add a team name to the spoiler title?

Markstar
24-06-2005, 12:50
quote:Originally posted by digger760

I hate to be picky, but, it is very hard to tell who's thread is who's for any lurker who has subscribed to all the teams threads. Perhaps you can add a team name to the spoiler title?
Sure, no problem!

Mistfit
25-06-2005, 19:38
Well So far I've come up with a national flag. I used the colors of America and Germany and added in your leader :D
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Mistfit/2005625193716_Civant_Flag.JPG

Markstar
25-06-2005, 20:00
[goodjob]

I like it!

Whomp
26-06-2005, 02:59
That is fantasitc Mistfit!

Markstar
29-06-2005, 09:46
Alright, civs have been decided and with the Dutch we got our second pick, not bad imho. And since "only" Sumeria and Aztecs were selected in the first round, this means it was probably not even neccessary for us to select Iros in the first round. Oh well, better safe than sorry I guess. So, what does this all mean for us?

Here is the list again:
Team 1 (Markstar + Whomp) - Civ = Dutch
Team 2 (Romeothemonk + Grahamiam + Bed_head7) - Civ = France
Team 3 (Eldakkar + Kemal) - Civ = Sumeria
Team 4 (Beam + Kingreno) - Civ = Ottomans
Team 5 (Barbu1977 + Melifluous) - Civ = China
Team 6 (Kryszctov + Darkness + Banzai) - Civ = Rome
Team 7 (Bathsheba666 + Ville) - Civ = Aztecs
Team 8 (Matrix + Killer) - Civ = Egypt

Obviously we are going to need a strong defense since there a a lot of teams with strong early attack, especially:
- Rome; combined with strong players, this civ is definitely one to be afraid of. [scared]
- Aztec; Agricultural and the naughty warriors, could mean trouble. Somebody needs to trigger their GA
- Egypt; very powerful civ especially early on. Very high threat level.
- Sumeria; not a strong offensive unit, but in the hands of Kemal and Eldakkar I think we need to expect the worst. Here also some team needs to step up and trigger their GA asap.

Furthermore, two other civs beside us start with Alphabet - Team 2 (France) and Team 6 (Rome). Especially France worries me since they have a decent chance of winning the Phil race due to their Industrious trait (-> faster roads -> more commerce), but we should be able to keep up since we will grow faster, I hope.

Now all that needs to be decided is what we build first. I see three options:
- warrior, then granary: station him at home so we can concentrate on building the granary, thus being able to put all commerce into writing
- settler: if there is a second cow/wheat around this might be a valid option -> a second good early city will boost our production and may give us a good advantage
- granary: risky but of course the most profitable since getting a likely settler factory.

Other things to consider:
- we need to explore, since we need Bronze Working asap (protection against other civs)
- ... ?

Whomp
29-06-2005, 17:40
I like the idea of getting a gran out right away. Our biggest risk is if someone tries to rush us. If that happens we would have to waste some shields but I think we should take that gambit. I also think we should go for philo because of our growth trait. The biggest risk I see there is the lux slider will run high being ag but again worth the shot. Our mming will have to be perfect.

Markstar
29-06-2005, 18:09
Did some testing (it's been sooo long since I started a Civ game) and it looks like two warriors is the way to go, then either warrior, granary or settler.
- with a 3rd warrior that would mean we can spare the second one for exploring (since we need at least two for defense), then the other two for happiness.
- I prefer granary as well, the problem is that a standard-sized map with 8 players is pretty crowded so we have no idea how close the others are. Otoh with two warriors we should be save
- If done right a settler can be the most beneficial, especially if we have more than two bonus ressouces in the core.

And since we are playing at Emperor level exploring may even give us some techs/units.

Whomp
29-06-2005, 18:56
OK. I think once we see our start we can start getting a better sense of our plan of attack.

BTW I saw Beam wanted to change names from Sipahi to Milhunters on the main thread.
I was going to say "IF they even get to Sipahis". [lol] But I didn't want to inflame them so early in the game.

Markstar
29-06-2005, 19:00
:D

Markstar
05-07-2005, 23:59
First turn is here! [charge]
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200575235343_16 4000BC.jpg

Well, well, looks like a pretty save bet to found the capital right where we are, therefore I suggest founding the city BEFORE moving the worker. What do you think, Whomp?

If nothing else pops up I would move the worker onto the wheat. For building I suggest two warriors first, either one for exploring, one for homeland security or even both for that. Then a second worker might be a good idea before starting a granary because of the extensive forrest we have here.

Markstar
06-07-2005, 11:19
VERY interesting area we have there:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200576105454_16 4000BCb.jpg

That makes the future 10-20 turns pretty clear I guess. Build two warriors (8 turns which is when the captial will also grow), then worker (to finish improvements towards cow more quickly), then settler (to get the second gold hill to make sure we win the Philo run).
After that we can start the granary in the capital and the other one can provide unit support etc..

Looks like due to the extensive forrest it will be quite MM-intensive. I just hope that under some of those forrest-tiles are also some bonus grasslands...[fdevil]

Interestingly there also seems to be the coast in the east which is a good sign (meaning we are not in the middle of the continent). Due to our position that means exploring only needs to be done in 3 direction, which should take place AFTER we have built and secured the second city.

Whomp
06-07-2005, 16:57
Sweet. We are off and running. I agree with your strategy. We could also get a curragh out to go find some people. Safer and faster than by land. The other nice thing about that gold hill is it's on the same side of the river

Are you of the philosophy that you build roads after finishing an improvment? I saw that Team Wacken in SGOTM7 blew everyone out and they developed land first and then put in roads. I suppose we couldn't do philo sling if we did it that way but I found it interesting.

BTW I am getting my new pc next week so I will be able to view the saves for sure then. I will try to look at it tonight to see if my current pc can pick up that email.

Markstar
06-07-2005, 18:52

Sweet. We are off and running. I agree with your strategy. We could also get a curragh out to go find some people. Safer and faster than by land. The other nice thing about that gold hill is it's on the same side of the river

Are you of the philosophy that you build roads after finishing an improvment? I saw that Team Wacken in SGOTM7 blew everyone out and they developed land first and then put in roads. I suppose we couldn't do philo sling if we did it that way but I found it interesting.

BTW I am getting my new pc next week so I will be able to view the saves for sure then. I will try to look at it tonight to see if my current pc can pick up that email.
Yes, curragh sounds good at some point, but our foremost concern should be getting our core up and running. I don't even think our first two warriors should be dedicated for anything else than homeland security.

About the roading? Lol - yes, I follow the whole "road-building" philosophy. ;) SGOTM is a whole different ballgame since it is still a human-only game which is pretty predictable to a certain point. But we need the additional commerce and moreover the faster movement between our cities. That way, if we are attacked, we can get units to the front more quickly which will be of vital importance.

Whomp
06-07-2005, 20:09
Right on. Obviously my experience playing against humans is lacking. I hope you'll be patient with such a noobster.
Do you think there will be much diplomacy? Or is it of the pointy stick version?

Markstar
06-07-2005, 20:50
I am absolutely convinced that diplomacy will be the deciding factor. If we stick to ourselves, the others will combine against us and we will, under no circumstances, survive a 3vs1 situation, probably not even 2vs1.

Therefore, our top priority needs to be making FRIENDS, not enemies. I see a 2vs2 situation in the middle (2 tribes of each continent combined) or maybe even more. But alone no team will make it here, that's for sure.

digger760
11-07-2005, 09:43
quote:Originally posted by Markstar
If nothing else pops up I would move the worker onto the wheat.

So how come you moved to the BG?

Markstar
12-07-2005, 20:01
quote:Originally posted by digger760

So how come you moved to the BG?
Several reasons:
- A cow popped up so that means production (at the beginning) will be more important than growth.
- Working that tile first means next would be the wine -> happiness.
- Goes in the direction of the cattle which should be irrigated.
- 2nd city must be founded on the gold mountain asap -> the road which will connect the 2 cities -> easier to defend etc
With working the wheat first we would have lost several turns because the worker would have to cross the river.

Alright, our first warrior will be done next turn -> are we going to explore a little up the river or leave it at home? I suggest going up the river 4 or 5 tiles but then getting back.

Also, our built order is going to be essential for the philo run (and of course everything else). It is rather obvious that we have to build a setter before building a granary, otherwise the philo run will most certainly be lost. Also, we must consider building a worker before starting the granary. Depending on when (and if) we build it, the longer we will need to research. BUT, we will also greatly benefit from the workers actions in the long run.
Basically I see two options:
1) Warrior-Warrior-Settler-Granary-Worker-...
2) Warrior-Warrior-Settler-Worker-Granary-...

I leaning more towards 2) since even though research might be a tad slower (one less citizen that can create commerce) but production will be increased. Also, it seems we need A LOT of workers to chop down the forrest asap to find out if there are and bonus grassland underneath.

Whomp
12-07-2005, 21:27
I agree with #2 but I haven't counted out the steps about the timing for the gran.
One of the benefits of ag is our recovery from that strategy.
Check my math...
1. BG mine (6) and road (3) move (1)
2. Irrigate and road the the cow (4 and 3) move (1)
3. Irrigate and road the wines (4 and 3) move (1)
4. cross the river(1) then irrigate and road the plains (4 and 3) move (1)
Chop?
Does that math work?

Markstar
13-07-2005, 02:13
We don't want to irrigate the wine since we would not get a bonus from that until we are out of Despotism. ;) So I would just build the road first and then move on to the cow right away. And after that I'd probably mine the wine, then chop some forrest to speed up the granary that we have started by then. Also, our second city will only need one tile (wine) for the time being, I suggest something like warrior-> third worker (city back to 1) -> warrior (exploring) -> granary (with help from worker). Or instead of the granary we build more warriors/workers to support our growing empire.

My main concern at the moment is our neighbours - we don't know how close they are or what techs they have that we might want to trade. Two techs we definitely need: WC and more importantly BW since a good defense against any attackers is crucial for our survival. Once we can build Spearmen, rushing units via forrest chopping is much more effective. And we will need all the defense we can get if we have Egypt, Aztecs or even worse Rome as our neighbours. [scared]

Oh, and I almost forgot: VERY interesting is that Team Metal apparently has NOT founded their capital on the gold mountain since they did not found their capital right away. [eek] I remember I did that in a PBEM once but then realized that I do get the gold bonus and decided to move back again to my original spot. [rolleyes] I wonder what their reasoning for that move was. [scratch]

Mmh, the more I think about it the more I am convinced that Republic might not be the way to go for us. There will just be too many units and who knows how soon/long we are going to be at war.

We need an ally, soon. [love2]

Markstar
13-07-2005, 02:18

Chop?
Does that math work?
Chop = cutting down the forrest.

And yes, that seems about right. :)

Markstar
13-07-2005, 21:47
Warrior is built! I moved it west since we should have enough time to explore the river a little bit before expecting any visitors.

Whomp
13-07-2005, 22:19
Cool. Maybe we'll find a mountain we can climb.

Markstar
14-07-2005, 01:16
Just did some more testing and I guess moving the worker to work on the BG first wasn't the best choice after all. Sorry Whomp for making that rash decision! :(

Whomp
14-07-2005, 17:48
I'm in a bit of a quandry.
Irrigate wheat, road
cross the river and mine 2nd BG, road
then if we mine the wines, we can't get water to the forest plains SW, but would have a shield powerhouse in the capital.
Then we can irrigate the cow.
What are you thinking the worker actions should be?

Markstar
22-07-2005, 21:54
Next turn was (finally) in. Moved the warrior north which only uncovered more forrest. [:l]

Markstar
31-07-2005, 22:28
3600 BC:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2005731222148_3600BC.jpg
39.6KB

Lots of forest but at least we got some desert. [:p] We wWill grow and build warrior next turn, same as in another important game that is going on right now we will lose some shields but will make up for it when there is a second worker that can do some chopping. ;)

Kemal and Eldakkar already grew, guess that means they either have cow nearby or, more likely, irrigated the wheat. *sigh* ... probably should have done that as well. But we'll be alright.

Whomp
01-08-2005, 17:41
We'll be fine. Are you going to send the warrior to the west mountain? It looks like it could uncover more of the river and who knows maybe a border.

Markstar
01-08-2005, 22:22

We'll be fine. Are you going to send the warrior to the west mountain? It looks like it could uncover more of the river and who knows maybe a border.
Actually I thought about moving along the river just a little longer to see what it offers us, especially now that we have some flood plains. But if you wish we can go for the mountain first, either way is fine by me. :)

Whomp
02-08-2005, 06:10
I think I'd head west and let the mountain lead the way.

Markstar
02-08-2005, 15:19
Alright, west it is.

Markstar
02-08-2005, 15:46
Turn played.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200582152720_3550 Incense.jpg

Great news, we have definitely incense there so obviously our main priority should be securing that spot so we'd get incense + wheat on flood plain. :D

What are we going to do with the second warrior? I say garrison duty, we certainly don't want to caught without some homeland security, especially with a 50% chance of Jagusar Warriors walking around. [scared] Plus we can invest the extra commerce in research, though I doubt anybody will be faster than us. :)

Whomp
02-08-2005, 17:20
Agreed. The 2nd warrior needs to be there for homeland defense. That mountian range should tell us a lot too!! Markstar I will be gone Aug. 3rd to Aug. 6th.

Markstar
02-08-2005, 17:48
K, no problem. BTW, IF nothing comes up I'd go south after reaching the mountains, is that alright with you?

Whomp
02-08-2005, 21:35
Absolutely. I think moving along that mountain range will reveal a lot.

Markstar
11-08-2005, 09:08
Scouting is going well; another river with flood plains. :)
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20058119655_3450.jpg
25.64KB

Last turn I went south in order not to stray too far away from our core. However, this looks like we should go west next, don't you agree?

Whomp
11-08-2005, 17:12
Agreed. Those mountains are bound to uncover somebody. West and then south, south across the mountain range. We need to explore south a bit.

Markstar
17-08-2005, 21:22
Turn is in, moved the warrior south as requested, also started roading the wine since even irrigating the cow now would not make a difference but this way will can keep our taxes low when growing to size 3+.

Here a little overview...
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2005817211949_3400-3.jpg
55.47KB

@Whomp: Any comments are of course welcome and please tell me if you want to play the turn!!!

Next move west?

Whomp
17-08-2005, 21:41
Yes next move should be west.
Man, we have a lot of forest chops ahead of us.
I will check the email box tonight when I get home. Sorry for forgetting to do this.

Do you have any concerns about knocking the pop down to 1 instead of making a gran? Once we road the wines that cow and its commerce will be very helpful. City 2 on the coast on the plains for curraghs?

Markstar
17-08-2005, 22:35

Yes next move should be west.
Man, we have a lot of forest chops ahead of us.Yes, indeed. We'll need a nice workforce to accomplish the job. Otoh we will be able to rush some buildings because of it.

quote:I will check the email box tonight when I get home. Sorry for forgetting to do this. Don't worry about it. I was just concerned because I didn't want to "take over" the game and give you the chance to play the save as well (if you'd want to).

quote:Do you have any concerns about knocking the pop down to 1 instead of making a gran? Once we road the wines that cow and its commerce will be very helpful. City 2 on the coast on the plains for curraghs?Actually my thought was that we would found the second city on the other gold mountain to finalize our victory on the Philo race. If we were to found the city on the plains I would suggest building a granary first. Otoh that would have meant that building a worker first might have been the better idea. [ponder]

Whomp
18-08-2005, 05:21
No, no. That works let's stay with the plan to get philo.
BTW I got into the mailbox no problem.

Markstar
19-08-2005, 14:43

BTW I got into the mailbox no problem.[cool]

Next turn was in - more flood plains! :)
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2005819144235_3350.jpg
22.29KB

Imho it's obvious; move S next, right?

Whomp
19-08-2005, 19:04
Yep. Keep him rolling along the mountaintops.

Whomp
25-08-2005, 19:59
Contact!!

From Darkness: we just met in the 16+ game.
Wanna trade?

From me: Aha. I believe that we can work together for mutual benefit. What are your thoughts?

His return reply
From Darkness:

My thoughts exactly

I've just sent on the save and I emailed a greeting to your civant-email adress. In this greeting there is also a trade proposal. Exchanging our starting techs. We'll give you warrior code, and you'll give us pottery. That should be an excellent trustbuilder and we can move our plans from there (shared research)?

Darkness

There are way too many good teams out there for us not to have an immediate alliance with these guys. What are your thoughts on his proposal? I think if we can counteroffer that they research a harder "next" tech versus our "next research would be a good plan. What do you think?

Markstar
25-08-2005, 22:22
Mmh, got the email as well. Sounds good, especially since we cannot really afford an early war against Rome. [scared]

However, they benefit more from Pottery than we benefit from WC (as you realize as well), therefore we should indeed bundle the deal with a longer lasting relationship as Darkness suggested. Seems we agree on this so why don't you go ahead and reply to his proposal (whatever you feel is appropriate [goodjob]).

About playing the turn: I would still suggest moving the warrior S. Furthermore, the instead of the cattle we should work a river forrest (more shields but we will still grow).

And we still need a better capital name, I suggest "Alliance Headquarters". [cool]

Whomp
25-08-2005, 22:48
Sounds good on moves and I would assume we can use the forest on occassion. There's no reason to end with 21 or 22 food.

As far as research goees we have a bit of a dilemma. They are either heading down the same path as us or they are going for BW/IW.

Without giving our hand what do you think is the best way to position it? Just say I'll show mine(current research path) if you show yours?

There is the possibility if we are both headed down the alpha path we could recommend one of us goes for CoL and finishes before the other team who goes Philo for a sling. What do you think?

Amsteralliance?

What time can you be available tomorrow for further discussions?
Here is our latest dialogue.

From me: I won't be home for a bit but do you think you guys would be interested in discussing current research paths? I think there's a lot of leverage for both of us if we can open up this dialogue as well.
Bernie

From Marcel Darkness: I think maybe we should try to schedule a chat with all of us present to discuss these things. Banzai and Krys also have a say in Gremlin affairs. A chat may be the easiest and fastest way to discuss everything with Markstar and you.

But, in essence, we are very interested in cooperation on tech research (and that includes planning/sharing/information on current research), as well as cooperation on other issues (longterm agreements on land division, luxury sharing, etc.).
There's 6 more teams in this game, who knows if the next team we meet is friendly?

From me: 1+1=3 sounds very good for both of us.

What time should we try and schedule a chat? I presume it's a little late today. I'm GMT -5 so anytime after noonish tomorrow works for me.
Bernie

Markstar
01-09-2005, 08:51
Our alliance treaty with the Gremlins is about to be finalized. :D We will be working together hand in hand until only we are left which works perfectly for us. The were one of the most threatening civs for us (early strong UU) and having them as our partner will make things a lot easier I hope.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20059184650_3250.jpg
27.59KB

Interesting, seems that we are also pretty close. [ponder]

Anyways, we also have to decide what to build next since we will finish our settler next turn. [cool] Imho we should start our granary to get things going, workers etc can wait.

Pastorius
01-09-2005, 13:33
Hm. I wonder if anyone trusts you at all anymore MS

Whomp
01-09-2005, 15:17
Gran makes sense. We have some protection with this agreement so someone rushing us is a minor concern.

Rik Meleet
01-09-2005, 17:13
quote:Originally posted by MarkstarInteresting, seems that we are also pretty close. [ponder]What do you expect; you are 8 teams on a small or standard (have to verify that at home) map.

Markstar
01-09-2005, 23:01
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Hm. I wonder if anyone trusts you at all anymore MS
[???] What is that supposed to mean? [whistle]

@Rik: It wasn't meant as a complaint, more a general concern. [thumbsup]

Whomp
06-09-2005, 00:19
I like the agreement. I am available now by IM. So anytime you want to talk let's hook it up. Maybe we can start laying out tasks I can perform.

Markstar
06-09-2005, 10:28
Hi Whomp! Unfortunately I'll be pretty busy until Thursday and it'll be hard to set a time to get together. However I did play the turn - we finished the settler and it's now on its way to the gold mountain! :D

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20059610257_3200.jpg
39.02KB

I suggest moving either E-E or E-S next, what do you think?

Would you like to take care of finalizing the alliance (contacting Rik, etc)?

Whomp
07-09-2005, 20:59
E-S seems like a good idea. Are you thinking we should bring him home?
As far as Rik should I send the agreement Darkness sent? I'm not sure if I have the final agreement.

Rik Meleet
07-09-2005, 21:46
I have the transcript.

Markstar
08-09-2005, 00:04
Afaik the treaty should be in our inbox (will check tomorrow).

No, I wasn't thinking about bringing it home, just do more exploring near our borders now that we know where our western neighbours are.

Markstar
23-09-2005, 16:12
The Civant Alliance founded their second city! [happy]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200592316859_3100.jpg
66.57 KB

Too bad our surrounding territory isn't all that good, let's hope the other teams suffer the same fate. [evil]

Next to decide:
- where to move the warrior (I suggest S-S-E to explore the terrain south of ours)
- what to build in Rotterdam (warrior-worker?)
- maybe rename our cities?

Whomp
23-09-2005, 16:37
It would be nice to find some rivers. I think south will only reveal more jungle so I'd go E-SE-SE
Warrior worker is fine since it doesn't look like we can get worker-warrior. Right?
Hmmm...on new city names. What should our theme be?
Spamsterdamnit and Rotinhelldamnit

Markstar
25-09-2005, 22:49
I agree that going straight south doesn't make sense but I still suggest S-(S-)-E-E since it will uncover more tiles.

For our capital I had something like "Alliance Headquarters" in mind. ;) Other that than we could could just start a list with suggestions or alternate in naming the cities (I, for example, like naming cities after towns I like or live in, e.g. Ulm, Goslar, Tucson, ...).

Like the Spamsterdamnit. :)

Markstar
10-10-2005, 08:39
News update (don't have much time these days).

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2005101083548_2950.jpg
146.39KB

Looking pretty good though I was hoping that the Brotherhood would not do as well as they do. And the Gremlins also have build a second city. Damn, and I thought we were rushing things. [eek] Now they already have access to the wheat flood plains. :(

Warrior ->E for now to explore our southern territory? Or S do see what else is out there?

Whomp
10-10-2005, 19:47
Let me know if you need me to play some saves if you don't have time. I would continue south to see if we can meet someone else. I have a feeling that Gremlins met someone else other than Team Metal. Did you know they met them?

Markstar
07-11-2005, 09:34
Text following soon...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/200511793443_BC 2800.jpg
101.1KB

Markstar
15-11-2005, 13:22
Don't have a lot of time these days, sorry. [paperwork

Anyways, here is the latest picture, land doesn't look very tasty. [cry]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/20051115131448_BC 2750.jpg
47.77KB

Our second worker will be done next turn - question is where we move it (my suggestion would be mining the wine and afterwards finally irrigate the wheat) and what we are going to build next. I would probably go for a warrior since we can use some protection against those Jaguar Warriors. [scared]

Warrior is definitely going south now, the hill just looked to tempting not to use as a look-out post. [:p]

Any other suggestions? Again, Whomp, you are always free to play the save. But I was thinking (since we recently had the save for a few days without playing it) that we might try to find another player and suggest other teams to do the same since the game is moving not as fast as it could. What do you think?

Whomp
15-11-2005, 16:09
OK will do Markstar. Sometimes I get confused trying to read German [lol]. I will view the turntracker more often since I have two games on it. Military makes sense for next build.

There are a bunch of people that have come on board from CFC that I can ask. Which teams are slowing the pace do you know?

Markstar
15-11-2005, 17:12
;)

Well, Team Metal is not the fastest one on the block, but other teams could probably use another player as well. But maybe it might just be enough to enforce the 24-hour rule once or twice. [:o]