PDA

View Full Version : CUP results round 5.

Kingreno
22-06-2005, 19:51
[cry]We did not make it.[cry]

In a very entertaining match we had several chances but in the end suspended striker Latinovics was missed a lot. 0-2, here's the details.
quote:24995 spectators arrived at The Milfdome, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Aristocats had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. They fielded: Pinto - Al-Mahmoud, Maassen, van den Burg, Ajello, Zirngibl - Dalhuizen, Sitzia, bin Omar - Zengers, Panvert.

Snifters started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: den Uijl - Weinhold, Muzard, Jaanson - Cluistra, Botello, de Wit, Gaasenbeek - Nevland, Feilbogen, Larbi.

Aristocats were relying on their ability to counter-attack. Snifters clearly preferred attacks in the middle. The crowd was amused as Henning Zirngibl of Aristocats used a few interesting tricks and dribbles to get into the penalty box. The finish by Adriaan Dalhuizen wasn't very amusing, however. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Sharif Al-Mahmoud needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. Snifters had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 27:th minute when Theo Weinhold came up alone against Armando Pinto who managed a block. Aristocats spent the match looking to exploit their counterattacking skills, unfortunately, Denis Panverts shot sailed wide right. The referee showed Snifters's Reynaldo Botello the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Aristocats managed a counterattack 39 minutes into the game, but Denis Panvert took a soft shot from the left flank that was easy prey for the alert keeper. This was a good period for the visitors, with several opportunities to take the lead, particularly when Albert Jaanson slipped through the defense to come up alone against Armando Pinto, but the home side's keeper showed his lightning reflexes. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 40:th minute allowed Reynaldo Botello to score 0 - 1 for Snifters. 0 - 1 was the half-time score. Snifters held the ball, with a clear 85 percent possession rate.

After 50 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Richard Larbi who increased Sniftersīs lead to 0 - 2. 64 minutes into the game Hugo Gaasenbeek had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Fernando de Carvalho. Reynaldo Botello was, after 70 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Armando Pinto saved. After 81 minutes of game time Richard Larbi received an excellent opportunity to add to the visitors lead, clipping a volley hooked in from the right, but Armando Pinto was in the right place, tipping the ball to a corner. A misunderstanding between the visitors keeper Dennie den Uijl and his left defence could have resulted in a goal for Aristocats, but Wesley Zengersīs finish was poorly struck. Aristocats will have to do without Henning Zirngibl for a time due to a bad foot injury. He was substituted by Randy Rossen. After the ball got lifted in from the left Richard Larbi was on his own in the home sideīs penalty area 86 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. Snifters, bringing the final ball possession rate to 83 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Aristocats player was without a doubt Eddo Maassen. Randy Rossen was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Snifters player was without a doubt Dennie den Uijl. Albert Jaanson was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 2.

First highlighted event: I kicked out his 100k TSI starplayer, just for one week.[eek]

Second highlighted event: He kicked out my best defender for 3 weeks losing 3 weeks of training.[aargh][aargh][aargh]

Aftermath: Great to do well in the cup though it SUCKS supporters turn unhappy aftyer this match! I did great and they should be happy! I feel I am punished for nothing as going out in round two in an Away match seems to have very little effect.

Melifluous
22-06-2005, 19:59
Commiserations KR.

Was a great run and you have (As far as I know) got the furthest in the cup out of all us peoples here

Bloody good job.

Meli's Manglers salute you!

[goodjob]

Melifluous

Kemal
22-06-2005, 20:00
Very weird, but how big a hit did you take in supps mood? I know I lost 1-6 to Paas and mood dropped from High on life to satisfied... so only a 2 level drop, can't be much worse with the cats no?

Btw, well done on the amazing cup run this season. :)