PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate friendlies

ProPain
15-06-2005, 20:20
In a twist of fate I forgot to line up my second squad today. Thinking of this I'm hitting myself for wasting a hal week of keepertraining. So I check my line up and see my 2nd keeper showing up! Pleasantly surprised untill I notice the replacement box.....

DAMN SWINGSTARS ASSHOLES HAVE CRIPPLED MY 1ST KEEPER FOR 5 WEEKS!!!!

Extremely bad news. My midfield is out of form so I was relying on my 20 year old world class keeper who's now disabled.

This game sucks.

[/rant][runs for liquor cabinet]

Kemal
15-06-2005, 20:27
Wow, very unfortunate PP, that is really cruel and disastrous indeed, extremely unlucky. :(

Perhaps to share the pain (a little), my best striker trainee failed to heal a bruised but playing plaster for today's friendly, but he had to play anyway since he needed training for this week of course... so guess what?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Kemal/2005615202637_billand.jpg
11.25KB

[sad]

socralynnek
15-06-2005, 20:38
In the forum for Germany I have already proposed that one should be able to set one standard lineup for league and one for friendlies...

That is very cruel, ProPain...

akots
15-06-2005, 21:15
Don't know if it is for me only, but all my injuries happen in friendlies. May be not all but probably 90%.

Also, a bad thing about keeper training is that it is hard to afford 3 trainees in case of injuries. While with forward/pm training an extra 7th (may be weaker trainee) can be certainly used.

Kingreno
15-06-2005, 21:40
PP, how many Fysio's you got?

Dell19
15-06-2005, 21:51
Ynnek, I think that idea has been rejected on the basis that it would make team management too easy. Apparently its meant to be possible to mess up your lineup. Although if you get yourself into a routine of loading each lineup into a management program then its generally possible to pick up mistakes and correct the lineup.

My worst injury was a 5 week injury to my formidable IM who might be playable in the weekend match so he would be back in 3.5 to 4 weeks with 6 doctors on average.

edit: Without him, I'm on an impressive run of never winning the midfield in any half for the entire season. Including friendlies.

Swingue
15-06-2005, 22:12
DAMN SWINGSTARS ASSHOLES HAVE CRIPPLED MY 1ST KEEPER FOR 5 WEEKS!!!!

WOW WOW, chill down!
You'r keeper crippled himself as I read it.

quote:
After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, PP's Fryderyk Wis got himself booked. PP will have to do without Zeev Cohen for a time due to a bad foot injury. He was substituted by Kay Beurskens. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 5.

Nothing to do with my players![nono]

My player on the other hand was kicked of the field and had to be replaced by the trainer.[sad]

quote:
After 74 minutes SwingStarss Danny Brandse had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Torben Schreinerles came in instead of him.

Schip
16-06-2005, 23:47
Your argument doesn't hold if you keep that sig Swingue, hehe.

I wouldn't worry to much about players whining that they get injuries, imo they should be glad the players actually recover. Nastiness is a good traid.....

yndy
18-06-2005, 05:53
Well, to make the best of what it remains you should buy some other keeper and train him a level in the meantime.

I've been hurt by injuries these weeks as well, I had 3 players down for 1-2 weeks in the last 3 weeks and last Saturday my best trainee got a 2 weeks injury.