PDA

View Full Version : News thread

Shabbaman
15-06-2005, 10:15
It's been said before, but the front page might need a news update. I know our admins are busy, so I have a proposal to lighten their workload: post news items in this thread.
The item should have the proper formatting (no idea what that is, but my guess is the forum codes will work there as well), grammar and spelling. Maybe a reason why you think it should be on the front page will speed up the decision process.

Good idea?

P.S. Obviously, I have no news, but I'd like to see a news item on our magnificent ISDG victory [whipped]

Beam
15-06-2005, 11:22
News: beware of a Puma near Ede.

Melifluous
15-06-2005, 12:06
Users Caused Crash!

News: Could Beams seeming inability to log off when he finishes looking at the forums be the real cause of last weeks inexplicable crash? We were talking last week to an unnamed insider, simply known as "Deep Throat" (too good a name to change). He had this to say. "Well I'm not sure if it's true or not, but it's certainly possible that sometime during the night a critical update for the server was implemented whilst Beam was still online. This may or may not have caused the local user on the machine to become corrupt. Of course I'm not saying it's Beams fault as such, but 'other people' may see it that way."

So could users be the reason that programs crash?

Maybe the admins should be doing something about this...

Melifluous

smalltalk
15-06-2005, 17:56
Administrators shut forum down on purpose

People are still speculating about the reasons of the latest forum downtime. The officials hide behind alleged technical reasons.

Rumor says, this is just a badly disguised excuse. The real reason is different:

After CDZ has repeatedly been raided by notorious spammers, the admins decided to teach the offending persons a drastic lesson: they shut the forum down on purpose, to give the people an idea of how it feels to be banned.

More informed people however say, that a new spam filter was installed for testing. Unfortunately the software was too smart - it preemptivly denied access to everybody.

Whomp
16-06-2005, 20:02
Editorial PageIt's time to tell the truth about The Admins at CDZ. Let's get down to business: It's our responsibility to serve on the side of Truth. That's the first step in trying to give peace a chance, and it's the only way to operate on today's real -- not tomorrow's ideal -- political terrain. The Admins at CDZ dreams of a time when they'll be free to change the course of history. That's the way it's planned it, and that's the way it'll happen -- not may happen, but will happen -- if we don't interfere, if we don't seek liberty, equality, and fraternity. Although I can no more change the past than see the future, it's safe to say that I have never been in favor of being gratuitously merciless. I have also never been in favor of sticking my head in the sand or of refusing to grant people the freedom to pursue any endeavor they deem fitting to their skills, talent, and interest. Anyway, that's it for this letter. Let The Admins at CDZ read it and weep. We want front page news.

Signed,

Banned and Spammed

Mistfit
16-06-2005, 20:32
The only thing you are missing in there Whomp is...

"building a bridge to the future"
and
"1,000 points of light"

You could have been a speech writer for George Sr. :D

Whomp
16-06-2005, 21:08
Oh yeah...well this is what I have to say to you Mister Mistfit.
Parts of what follows below were actually painful to write. However, because of the ongoing misinformation campaigns launched by Mr. No Soup for you Mistfit and his grunts, I feel it is my duty to write this. Before I launch into my rant, permit me the prelude caveat that several things Mistfit has said have brought me to the boiling point. The statement of his that made the strongest impression on me, however, was something to the effect of how the cure for evil is more evil, eye for an eye and all. Even so, he somehow manages to maintain a straight face when saying that he is the one who will lead us to our great shining future. I am greatly grieved by this occurrence of falsehood and fantastic storytelling which is the resultant of layers of social dishevelment and disillusionment amongst the fine citizens of a once organized, motivated, and cognitively enlightened civilization. It's shocking just how irritable Mistfit can be. And while we're on the subject, if you're the type who dares to think for yourself, then you've probably already determined that Mistfit's claim that the ideas of "freedom" and "revisionism" are Siamese twins is factually unsupported and politically motivated. I would like to close by saying that a common thread runs through most of Mr. No Soup for you Mistfit's utterances, a thread so subhuman that it disgusts me nearly to the point of physical illness.
He he...
http://www.pakin.org/complaint

Mistfit
16-06-2005, 21:35
[lol]

Whomp
16-06-2005, 21:50
Grahamiam deserves credit for that one. I thought it was timely to bust it out again.

Shabbaman
23-11-2005, 12:09
[bump]

I can add news to the front page now, so if you have a suggestion post here. No spam though [whipped]

Melifluous
23-11-2005, 12:24
but but...

[meli]

Hah, I can still edit your posts [whipped] [shabba]

socralynnek
14-11-2006, 11:40
Shabba told me to dig up that thread...Here is my proposal:(might need some formatting)

CDZ active

It seems that CDZers are currently playing more other games than Civ, whcih is surely not true.
But here is an overview of where CDZers are organised and active.

-Hattrick
(see here: http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=65)

Many CDZers are playing the online football manager. The CDZ Cup is running in its 10th edition and the semifinals start next week!

-Travian
(http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=130)

Join server 2 and the CDZ alliance there!
Travian is a kind-of-Civ-like realtime, multiplayer, builders game.

-Conquer Club
(http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3470)

Play a Risk-like game with our members!

Just to name a few! Check out the forums to see all of the games played!

BTW some CDZers still play Civ. The signup for Civ4 SGOTM03 has started. Team CDZ is always in need for players.
Please sign up for Team CDZ here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=192760

Kemal
14-11-2006, 13:36
Perhaps links to the somewhat active CDZ-civ4 PBEMs might be a good idea too, especially the huge multihuman games that are also featured at CFC (where they might have a decent lurker following), as people post their own spoiler threads here. Makes it easy for those lurkers to catch these threads here.

socralynnek
15-11-2006, 12:16
bump...you lazy admins...

Melifluous
15-11-2006, 15:53
Trying to add it now.

Have to polish off me html skillz...

[meli]

BCLG100
15-11-2006, 16:39
well your already down with the kids with jo ghetto speak

Melifluous
15-11-2006, 16:43
I aint Ghetto, I got mad 1337 skillz n00b.

[meli]

PS. Apart from the fact I can't get the front page to change [lol]

BCLG100
15-11-2006, 17:30
jeez n00bette s1llz doesnt have a I in!!!eleven!11!

Melifluous
15-11-2006, 17:36
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

jeez n00bette s1llz doesnt have a I in!!!eleven!11!

I bet it has a "|<" in it though huh ;)

[meli]

Shabbaman
15-11-2006, 17:41
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

bump...you lazy admins...

New job you know. Anyway, since I don't see new content on the front page, I assume Meli hasn't figured out how (otherwise there'd be massive spam on the front page anyway...), so I'm going to do it now.

Shabbaman
15-11-2006, 17:49
BTW, apparently http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/clear.gif is dead.

Melifluous
15-11-2006, 17:54
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Fixed

[meli]

Lt. Killer M
15-11-2006, 18:20
say, does by now anyone have an idea what happened to our other admin?

Shabbaman
15-11-2006, 18:37
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

Fixed

[meli]

Thanks. What did you intend with the "cdz active" frame btw?

@killer: dunno. Apparently Anarres still frequents cfc's OT. He's been MIA for some time now, but at least we know he's not KIA.

Lt. Killer M
15-11-2006, 18:41
well, last I looked at CFC OT, he had not been on for an eternity, too. :(

Melifluous
15-11-2006, 22:41

Was just trying to get the front page working, maybe you should let me know how you changed the front page???

In return I can give you rdp access to the server if that would help and you know what I'm talking about ;)

[meli]

Pastorius
15-11-2006, 22:54
Your skillz are only 1335 Mel. I get a horisontal scroller on the mainpage [cry]

Res @ 1024*768

Shabbaman
16-11-2006, 07:50

Was just trying to get the front page working, maybe you should let me know how you changed the front page???

In return I can give you rdp access to the server if that would help and you know what I'm talking about ;)

[meli]

OOH, the rdp server [worship] That's where the beer is kept cool right?
If you go to "portal", "edit/delete content" you have to edit the bottom page, "welcome to cdz!!!". Then you just add some text to the top, that's it.
Your idea is definately better, but in practice that means you have to add a frame on top of the "welcome" one. If you can get that to work that's great, because how it works now is not a long term solution.

Melifluous
16-11-2006, 10:43
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Your skillz are only 1335 Mel. I get a horisontal scroller on the mainpage [cry]

Res @ 1024*768

**DISCLAIMER**

The main page may not view correctly in all browsers or in Norway

**DISCLAIMER**

[meli]

PS> Shabba? I will try and get around to sorting you out with an rdp account, I'm sure PP wont mind and it helps to be able to restart/reboot the server sometimes. Check soon to see if you have a PM from me :)

Shabbaman
16-11-2006, 17:29

Check soon to see if you have a PM from me :)

/me constantly refreshing this page

socralynnek
10-08-2007, 09:06
I have news:

First CDZ Civ4 Pitboss game finished!

After an exciting game with a lot of very good and committed players, the winners are known.
Despite Robboo having only one turn to go to complete his spaceship, socralynnek (playing Caesar) won in 1953 AD a diplomatic victory with the help of his allies Whomp and grahamiam.
Check the game thread and individual spoiler threads to read more about that great game!

Shabbaman
10-08-2007, 10:12
Something is screwed up on the server (either here at work or with the ISP), I can't save the front page file after I edit it.

Beam
10-08-2007, 11:50
Not neccesarily screwed up. Do you have write permissions?

Shabbaman
10-08-2007, 11:57
Who do you think posts all that crap on the front page?

I guess/hope it's just some cookies/firewall setting on this computer. I'll try to edit it at home tonight.

EDIT: nope, doesn't work here as well.

Pastorius
10-08-2007, 21:46
the crap that was last updated in march? [:p]

Darkness
10-08-2007, 21:57
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

the crap that was last updated in march? [:p]

Indeed. I was kind of wondering if the spambot was malfunctioning??? :D