PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL ISDG NEW MEMBER discussion thread

Melifluous
08-06-2005, 14:35
OK Shabbaman, this better for you?

If you are gonna squash discussion, please provide alternate options my friend.

Any Matrix. Why should we grant you access to our Forums?

Melifluous

Matrix
08-06-2005, 16:54
Yea, sorry for abusing the other thread.

Why should you grant access? Basicly, because I want it. [tongue] And a lot of former ISDG-CFC members with me, because we will very much enjoy reading it all. And what are you gonna loose when you let us read it? What could possibly go wrong? The only reason I can think of is that some of you might've said bad things about some/one of us.

The ISDG, especially the UN forum, is filled with political correctness and laws and rules and such. But I think you shouldn't forget it's all for fun. Please, be a sport and be flexible.

Melifluous
08-06-2005, 17:00
Preaching to the choior matey.

This is one of those rare occassions that I completely agree with you :)

Maybe I should PM you my username and password and you can have a look anyway? [mischief]

Melifluous

Shabbaman
08-06-2005, 17:00
I've checked, but I couldn't find any political correctness in our ISDG forum.

anarres
08-06-2005, 17:07
Or we could have secret plans. ;)

Note that this is just IMO, people have their own reasons and some (including Meli IIRC) wanted them to be open.

Really, if we decide to open the forum at all we have to open them to everyone. Just opening the forum to round 2 members would make some people sign up for round 2 simply so they could read round 1, and that kind of membership we are dead against.

Now, as for whether we open the fora to everyone is another matter. For one we have badass miffy tactics that would be stolen by non-bunny-friendly teams, but also they will see far too much about our internal politics.

The fact that this forum was private elicited people to post things I doubt they would post if they ever knew it would be public, and stifling debate in round 2 (because everyone would assume this would become public) would be terrible for us.

Also I'm sure you don't need reminding we can say "fuck X and their shitty way of doing Y and Z" without it being a major issue. We say this about each other but also occasionally about others and it may be weird for those people to read things out of the context they were written. (BTW, IIRC no-one actually said "fuck X", but we had some "what the fuck is X doing" remarks).

These are just a few reasons (off the top of my head) that I can remember for not opening the forum.

Can you remind me what the positives are? :)

Matrix
08-06-2005, 18:02
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

This is one of those rare occassions that I completely agree with you :)
Too bad it's rare, but thank you. ;)
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Really, if we decide to open the forum at all we have to open them to everyone. Just opening the forum to round 2 members would make some people sign up for round 2 simply so they could read round 1, and that kind of membership we are dead against.
I seriously doubt that. Besides, don't you "reserve the right to refuse applications"? I'm sure this is a valid reason.

The fact that this forum was private elicited people to post things I doubt they would post if they ever knew it would be public, and stifling debate in round 2 (because everyone would assume this would become public) would be terrible for us.
Remember you're only opening this to those who signed in for round 2. Would anyone really not have said certain things if they knew we'd come knocking at your door? And even so, has anyone actually objected about opening the forum for just those newcomers because of what (s)he has said?

We had one person who objected, because one other could read what (s)he posted. And that's because the first joined another team and the second stayed in his/her team, so that objections only matters because of round 2. That's not applicable in this case.

Can you remind me what the positives are? :)
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Basicly, because I want it. [tongue] And a lot of former ISDG-CFC members with me, because we will very much enjoy reading it all. (...) I think you shouldn't forget it's all for fun.

digger760
08-06-2005, 18:07
I agree with anarres.

There is no doubt that it would be interesting read for people who were not in CDZ-ISDG in round 1. However There are strategies, tactics, style of play, bluffs, call it what ever that i would rather not let ather teams see.

I believe new members will be well able to slot in without having to read the sub-forum of the former game.

Melifluous
08-06-2005, 18:57
quote:Originally posted by digger760

I agree with anarres.

There is no doubt that it would be interesting read for people who were not in CDZ-ISDG in round 1. However There are strategies, tactics, style of play, bluffs, call it what ever that i would rather not let ather teams see.

I believe new members will be well able to slot in without having to read the sub-forum of the former game.

This entire statement appears contradictory...

Are you implying that would be strategies used in the first game that we wouldn't use in the final because Matrix and Co. are joining us?

Otherwise they will see almost exactly the same tactics/strategies/bunny-voodoo that we used anyways.

But I understand that I was out voted before and re-running this argument doesn't help I suppose :(

Melifluous

Markstar
08-06-2005, 19:20
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Remember you're only opening this to those who signed in for round 2. Would anyone really not have said certain things if they knew we'd come knocking at your door? And even so, has anyone actually objected about opening the forum for just those newcomers because of what (s)he has said?Yep, me for example (and others as well I assume). [tongue] There are certainly a few things that I would not have shared with the forum if I had known that it goes (semi-) public afterwards.

I am with anarres and digger here. There is no real need for it and "I showed you mine so show me yours" is just no argument at all. Imagine that would work in real life as well, poor women wouldn't even have to get dressed anymore because there'd always be perverts out there showing them theirs. [mischief]
It was nice that you opened up your forum and thus provided us with a few chuckles, but afaik nobody was desperate to see it. It was more like [whatsthis -> [lol].

@Meli: Yes, all the new memebers will soon witness CDZ's mighty strategies [stoned] and in-depth understanding of Civ [slanteye] [scratch] [wallbash]. But not everybody has the same courage sharing his thoughts with new team members as you sharing your dressing-preferences with everybody. [:p][whipped]

:)

Matrix
08-06-2005, 19:29
Killjoy. http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/images/smiles/eusa_snooty.gif

col
08-06-2005, 19:36
I would not be in favour of opening the forum to everyone. I would be in favour of opening it to all team members for reasons that I have posted in the other thread.

Lt. Killer M
08-06-2005, 19:38
I am much inf avor of waiting a bit on this.

Whomp
08-06-2005, 19:42
For what it's worth, I don't need to see the old forums. I think it's more important to me what's "going to happen" versus "what happened". I'm sure the important super secret bunny voodoo information will continue to be discussed going forward.