PDA

View Full Version : Conquest PBEM

romeothemonk
06-06-2005, 23:46
I have had great fun playing conquest PBEM's. I have finished a couple of them ww2, Rise of Rome, and had many more stall out from underneath me. (They were all at CFC interestingly enough)[fdevil].
Therefor I would propose a Napoleonic conquest scenario.
Sweden would be played by an AI, and Spain could be played a brave human or the AI.
Otherwise we would need human players for
France:
Britain:
Prussia:
Austria:
Ottomans:
Russia:
Spain: Possibly??
Please indicate interest level and preferred civ.
The Only special Rules are that France must stay a republic, and that there can be no deals with the AI until game turn 5.
Any interest? We could use a [invasion]

akots
06-06-2005, 23:57
You know that Napoleonic games are all cursed? The only one I'm aware of which had been finished with 7 human players is Grognards. There were 6 or 7 replacements there and out of the starting 7 players only two survived to the end, RJ (Britain) who won it and me (Austria). Other games usually die maximum by turn 40, in most cases earlier. France was replaced three or four times. And Loulong was hammered to unconsciousness twice, as Spanish King and Russian Emperor.

barbu1977
07-06-2005, 00:02
I would be interested although I never played any conquests.

bed_head7
07-06-2005, 01:49
I'll play. Put me in any country, even Spain if no one else wants it. It is always fun to try to salvage something from a bad position. I am working on getting a new computer sometime in the near future, though the effort has stalled out a bit. Of course, I should be getting a sizable paycheck (well, for me at least) in a couple of days, so it shouldn't be too long.

romeothemonk
07-06-2005, 16:11
2 interested people.
No civ preference by bedhead, no mention by Barbu.
I think if Akots plays he gets Prussia. :evil:

barbu1977
07-06-2005, 16:34
I never played it and I have not looked yet to which one is the most interesting.

Give me what's left of flip for it.

Loulong
28-06-2005, 22:30
Actually Roemo I thought you had quitted playing PBEMs. If you are still in we can continue with Edesse as I have found a replacement for ELiitMees. It is just I have seen when 2+ players drop at the same time it is often a waste of time/energy to try to make it go again.

Anyway it is normal there are more games stalling at CFC. People here come mostly for PBEMs while the CFC PBEM sub-forum is extremely open. On the other if that means lots of games and lots of stalls (and I am not specially happy with that) that also means more PBEM players. Actually many members here passed through CFC and found a more dedicated place here. So without that place this site would be much less entertaining. And many games get played to the end at CFC too.

romeothemonk
29-06-2005, 17:48
No Lou I continued my PBEM's. I have just kept playing the ones I was in. I haven't seen a Mesopotamia save in 3 months, an Edesse or Arcole save in at least as long, and Tanit just fell apart completely.
I am still playing Zama2, although it is done to just myself and Justus II. I have never dropped a PBEM game, and it is my goal to never do so.

piratesanta
06-07-2005, 00:45
I need to do a Nappy game bad. I know I can handle it, it's not an addiction or anything. I'd like to try the Ottomans, but considering my experience level (0) I'll take any land open.

piratesanta
06-07-2005, 00:46
I need to do a Nappy game bad. I know I can handle it, it's not an addiction or anything. I'd like to try the Ottomans, but considering my experience level (0) I'll take any land open.[charge]

bed_head7
06-07-2005, 00:51
Seven slots for humans, and four humans now. It has only been a month and we are over halway there!

romeothemonk
06-07-2005, 01:36
We will get there yet. I have faith in the CDZ community, I think our play in Markstar's game might generate more interest in playing with us engineer types.

bed_head7
06-07-2005, 01:41
Perhaps it will. As long as we keep the spoilers fun (and by the looks of it we have a pretty meaty spoiler at this point) we may just be able to do that.