PDA

View Full Version : Match Results Day 2 Season 26

Thrawn
05-06-2005, 14:44
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Marlin Stadium saw a crowd turnout of 15750. Marlins had chosen a strategic 4-5-1 formation. They fielded: Refkivanza - Cassella, Tuilagi, Noonan, Packer - Matussin, Johnson, Mayes, Walter, Insalaco - Ibrahim.

ballarat started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. They fielded: Sakunpichetrut - Eberwein, Bradwell, Smith, Conduit - Plante, Filipovic, Boote, Monod - Whitehead, Sinclair.

Marlins clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their talent for it. 7 minutes into the game Buster Sinclair was a hair´s breadth away from giving ballarat the lead. A prompt block by Eko Refkivanza saved the home team that time. The terraces were silenced in the 14:th minute as ballarat´s Louis Boote put the guests ahead 0 - 1, following an attack from the right. Claudio Monod increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 2. After this ballarat lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Buster Sinclair was, after 31 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Eko Refkivanza saved. Marlins seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the inadequate level of organisation. Buster Sinclair could have put his team up another one in the 36:th minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. ballarat held the ball, with a clear 62 percent possession rate.

The Marlins players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization and regained a solid organisation. Mirco Eberwein discharged a majestic long shot in the 61st match minute, but missed the goal by a few metres. Clement Plante was, after 70 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Eko Refkivanza saved. Marlins seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the solid level of organisation. ballarat's Thomas Conduit got himself booked after a foul. Marlins appeared unsure on how to play and their organisation was only poor. After 87 minutes ballarat´s Isaac Bradwell contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. ballarat, bringing the final ball possession rate to 68 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Marlins player was without a doubt Taylor Tuilagi. Jason Mayes was a disappointment, however. Most important ballarat player was Clement Plante. Isaac Bradwell on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 2.

Didn't get a single chance despite all those missed chances and using CA, looks like I may need a better scorer for it to be more successful. :) Wasn't really expecting to win anyway.

socralynnek
05-06-2005, 19:51
Won 1-4 away and advanced to second place, but playing the leader next week.

Melifluous
05-06-2005, 19:59
Won 0-7 away from home PIC'ing with my 'B' Team.

[lol]

quote:
Barnfield Bombers - Meli's Manglers 0 - 7
Date: 05/06/2005 at 18.00
MatchID: 44417703
Arena: Bombers Arena
Crowd: 8029

The crowd of 8029 turning up at Bombers Arena today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. Barnfield had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Ingold - O'Kelly, Pandey, Stanley, Gresham - Miller, Oakes, Teale, Streeter - Bolster, Diemac.

Manglers tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Becerra - Carrol, Castellanos, Bryan - Magnusson, Carroll, Dzhugashvili, Belyaeva, Quigley-Parks - van de Duin, Eriksson.

After 21 minutes Manglerss Roddy Carroll made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 0 - 1. The visitors Mark Bryan took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 23rd minute. 0 - 2 for Manglers. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 38:th minute Manglers goal, making it 0 - 3. Tomas H. Eriksson was noted down as the scorer. The structure of the game started to change as Manglers decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. The referee showed Manglers's Anton Dzhugashvili the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Manglers´s Xavio van de Duin received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 41st minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 4. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. After 43 minutes Manglers´s Andy Quigley-Parks contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 4. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 71 percent possession rate.

Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 62nd minute Manglers goal, making it 0 - 5. Anton Dzhugashvili was noted down as the scorer. Roddy Carroll increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 6. In the game's 67th minute, Manglers's Mark Bryan fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Mark Bryan for taking a dive. In the 82nd minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 7 as Frank Magnusson finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 87 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Barnfield player was without a doubt Rudy Bolster. However, Billy Gresham made a disastrous appearance. Manglers's best player was Bill Carrol. Shaun Belyaeva on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 7.

7 goals from 6 different players.

[coool]

I'm now number 1, a position I do not expect to give up again this season.

Melifluous

Kingreno
05-06-2005, 22:41
I played 1-1 away at the team that also trains defending. I expected 0-0 but he managed to squeeze one past my massive defence while he had to concede a Countergoal. Boring match otherwise, but 4 out of 2 gimme 3rd place.:D

ProPain
05-06-2005, 23:49
lost 2-0. Kinda expected. Friday my squad lost 12 form points(actually even a bit more, but I gained some as well netting a 12 point overall loss) My midfield is in shambles, things are gonna be quite rough if this continues.

If it doesn't pick up next friday, I'm gonna need to regroup to defending and CA or something...

Bootstoots
06-06-2005, 18:13
quote:
Due to an all-day shower, 22204 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at The Yellow Boot. Yellow started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Falbrant, Slipèeviæ, Fernández - Visan, Biler, Righetti, Berntsen, Burri - Train, Gruber.

Backstabbers had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Acosta - Ortiz, Nyhquist, Stricker - Borgen, Thörnbeck, Johansson, Seeley - Pålsson, Zalbidea, Beghyn.

Backstabbers mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. Many thought Ryan Train ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 6:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Julio Jorge Acosta. Backstabbers's Nick Beghyn got himself booked after a foul. The Yellow player was Yves Burri who had to be helped off the pitch, unable to finish the game, but Sören Christiansson came in to finish the match. Backstabbers took the lead after 29 minutes with 0 - 1. Hampus Thörnbeck placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Backstabbers´s Hampus Thörnbeck was able to shove the ball in. 0-2. Egil Berntsen challenged the visitors full backs eagerly, producing a good chance in the 35:th minute as he went for a through ball combination. But as so many times before, the guest´s defensive efforts got the best of it. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 65 percent, dominated the battle.

In the 50:th minute Ryan Train passed through the guests central line of defense, scoring the 1 - 2 goal. In the 58:th minute Mats Falbrant went down in a suspected penalty situation after a challenge from the visitors right guard, but the referee, having a good line of sight, signalled to keep on playing. In the 71th minute, Backstabbers's Rexino Zalbidea received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Josef Gruber put his head to a well placed ball lifted in from the left and scored the 2 - 2 goal in the 73rd minute. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Egil Berntsen needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. Andreas Nyhquist had a hard time on the water infested pitch - his trademark technique was nowhere in sight this day. Yellows Egil Berntsen gave, after 78 minutes, the home team a 3 - 2 lead after an attack coming in from the right. In the 78th minute, Backstabbers's Hampus Thörnbeck received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Yellow were forced to a substitution as Ryan Train couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Billie Tomlin to come in from the sidelines. Yellow put themselves up 4 - 2 when Egil Berntsen broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 65 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Egil Berntsen. Sören Christiansson on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Backstabbers player was without a doubt Julio Jorge Acosta. However, Per Borgen made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 4 - 2. A late-game comeback netted me a 4-2 win, my first win of the season, against the team that demoted from IV. I MOTS'd this game and pulled an excellent (low) midfield, my best yet. Two players were injured, including my best striker, who's out for 4 weeks at 30 years old. I hope my luck holds next week as well.

Mistfit
07-06-2005, 15:25
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Mistfit's_Marauders Arena saw a crowd turnout of 3332. Mistfits_Marauders had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Deleon - Ventura, Sheffield, Lombardi - Pearce, Ding-Bong, Hawk, Zannirato, Ricketts - Whittington, Grant.

socceraggie07 tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Gallegos - Coleman, Pfuderer, Love - Kutz, Beaudoin, Widerwald, Brandbo, Barbour - Yanez, Avella.

Alexander Barbour came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 8:th minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Fredrick Deleon managed to tip the ball to a corner. The referee showed Mistfits_Marauders's Edwin Ricketts the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Toni Beaudoin went down after a savage challenge, but could keep on playing after some medical attention. socceraggie07´s 0 - 1 goal came from a questionable penalty. Ueli Kutz struck that one home without a second thought. Cary Yanez of socceraggie07 received a yellow card in the 21th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Mistfits_Marauders had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to inadequate. Halftime score was 0 - 1. socceraggie07 held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

Mistfits_Marauders -coach had an extra briefing during the break, and after that his players had solid organisation. After the ball got lifted in from the left Carlos Eduardo Avella was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 77 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. After 78 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Carlos Eduardo Avella who increased socceraggie07´s lead to 0 - 2. Mistfits_Marauders seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the passable level of organisation. Mistfits_Marauders made a substitution in the 83rd minute. Nico Zannirato limped off the field and was replaced by Carrol Bearden. Mistfits_Marauders had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to inadequate. Robert Sheffield hit the ball just perfect in the 87:th minute and could score for Mistfits_Marauders with a fab long shot to 1 - 2. In the 87:th minute, Mistfits_Marauders´s Dwayne Whittington made a rush down the left, leaving him free to put the 2 - 2 equaliser away. socceraggie07 held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

Most important Mistfits_Marauders player was Nan Ding-Bong. Carrol Bearden was a disappointment, however. The most dominating socceraggie07 player was without a doubt Alexander Barbour. Carlos Eduardo Avella on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 2.

My first league game and I eek out a tie!

Kemal
07-06-2005, 15:46
Had a good vic where new talent Edo Barneveld (see nice pull thread) immediately made a mark on the game with a well delivered corner. Scored 3 against a solid/excellent/solid defense, and even got an extra week training for my 7th trainee when one of my other trainees got a mild injury! Terrific match all in all..

quote:
16154 spectators arrived at Hype-Dome!, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Sporting tactics involved an interesting 5-3-2 combination. They fielded: Teggelaar - Tamminen, Mikaelsson, Nijholt, Åhnkvist, Haren - Abed-Ibraheem, Emilsson, van de Hoek - Enkvist, Gaglione.

Snaken tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. They fielded: Mi#322;ek - Poorter, Öztürk, Barneveld - Espinola, Lucado, Balyon, Halling - Sánchez, Billand, Kronskär.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Sporting. In the games 14:th minute Peter Billand almost gave the visitors the lead, as he clipped a spectacular scissors shot just past the bar. A well placed corner kick from Edo Barneveld was followed by Boe Halling´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for Snaken. The result now 0-1. Wietse Balyon increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 2. Sporting almost scored after a counterattack 38 minutes into the match, but Artur Enkvist took a shot from the left that landed harmlessly in the side of the net. After 39 minutes Sporting´s Pieter Haren contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. The referee showed Sporting's Björn Åhnkvist the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Snaken, with an impressive 68 percent possession of the ball.

Berke Can Öztürk increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 3. The structure of the game started to change as Snaken decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Snaken´s Florian Lucado made it through the home teams defence in the 57:th minute, and had only to place the ball in an unguarded goal when the home side´s defender sprang up from the left, clearing the ball on the line. 64 minutes into the game Peter Billand had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Alex Avanesian. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 75 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Sporting player was without a doubt Björn Åhnkvist. Ray van de Hoek was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Stanis#322;aw Mi#322;ek. Alex Avanesian was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 3.

Elsaak
08-06-2005, 09:41
first win against the other promo 6-2
then, win on the favorite field 3-4, MOTSing...
it's pretty early in the season, but that victorz could be very important at the end...