PDA

View Full Version : Cup results round 2.

Kingreno
01-06-2005, 18:57
I won 1-2 away at a div6 team. I played my B-team except for 3 regulars and won. woohooo

Kemal
01-06-2005, 19:09
Snaken made the 3rd round for the first time in the club's history, trouncing high-flying 6th division club markje 5-1! [dance][party][dance]

And what is more, 24k attendance means an extra 112K revenue this week, good thing I decided to expand the stadium last season to 33K, maybe we'll even sell out with a sunny day next week!

And for extra icing on the cake: my solid leader winger popped to solid experience today!

quote:
24129 spectators arrived at FC De Snaken Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Mi#322;ek - Poorter, Lucado, Öztürk - Balyon, Rogersson, Halling, Espinola - Snoj, Sánchez, Billand.

markje started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Korenfine - Trzewik, Heideman, Harkai - Ippel, Ankerdal, van Osselaer, den Harder, van Aalst - Gunning, van den Tweel.

Mauro Sánchez of Snaken was able to make an impressive rush past the sluggish Jan Harm Heideman, which resulted in the 1 - 0 goal. Snaken´s Klemen Snoj had an excellent opportunity in the 25:th minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! A header from Berke Can Öztürk connected with a corner kick after 34 minutes, and the ball ended up with Klemen Snoj of Snaken who shot the 2-0 goal. The structure of the game started to change as Snaken decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. markje showed some good morale and were, in the 36th minute, able to reduce the score to 2 - 1 as Jan Harm Heideman got past the home side's full backs right in front of the goal. Snaken's Lars-Ĺke Rogersson got himself booked after a foul. A great save by goaltender Oren Korenfine in the 42th minute kept the visitors in the game as Mauro Sánchez struck from the left with a real cannonball. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 1. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Snaken´s Klemen Snoj putting the lead up to 3 - 1. Boe Halling sailed high, high above the opponents as he headed the 4-1 in after a corner kick after 51 minutes of play. markje kept trying to force their way through on the right side. Rik van den Tweel got his chance in the 55:th minute, but the home sides left defence held his position and was able to stop the attack. In the 63rd minute Snaken put themselves up 5 - 1. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Jose Maria Espinola coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Snaken, with an impressive 63 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Stanis#322;aw Mi#322;ek. However, Florian Lucado made a disastrous appearance. markje's best player was Martin Ippel. Humphrey van Osselaer was a disappointment, however. The match ends 5 - 1.

Shabbaman
01-06-2005, 19:30
I lost PICcing with my reserve midfielders and forward trainees. Last season I had a problem with my reserves being out of shape, so wasn't planning on seriously playing in the cup.

ProPain
01-06-2005, 19:52
Lost because my disastrous midfielders form. Was amazed I even made it till penalties.

yndy
02-06-2005, 09:11
Won 4-0 rather easily against another Div VII team. Next is a guy from Div VI. I'll have to figure out if I stand a decent chance in this one.

Kemal
02-06-2005, 11:59
only 5 results in so far?? I would have thought many more CDZ-teams would have made the 2nd cup round. [sad]

Btw, I'm now playing FC Paas, a side that makes 50+ stars, and plays in the Dutch 3rd division... oh yeah, round 4 here we come! [rolleyes]

akots
02-06-2005, 12:33
I've lost 0-9 against a very decent team from Div V, about +40-45 stars or so.

Melifluous
02-06-2005, 13:56
I won my match 3-2.

I'll be in the 3rd round.

Against 4th division opposition.

Might MOTS this to see if I can compete.

Melifluous