PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL ISDG NEW MEMBER application thread

Lt. Killer M
01-06-2005, 15:51
Here is the obligatory pledge, PLEASE c&p into your application!

I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition or am currently a member of another team (defeated teams excluded). I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG.

We reserve the right to refuse applications for now. Your application will be approved (or not ;) ) after 24 hours.
Previous members of defeated teams please state what team you were a member of! If you're already in the team you don't have to do the pledge again. If you want to join another team though, please post.

NO DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD!

Markstar
01-06-2005, 16:03
I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition or am currently a memeber of another team (defeated teams excluded). I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG.

Let's do this thing! [goodjob]

Ignored.

Whomp
01-06-2005, 16:04
I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition or am currently a memeber of another team (defeated teams excluded). I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG.

I'm would like to help where I can be useful to the team. I've never participated in a ISDG.

Added.

Rik Meleet
01-06-2005, 16:38

I used to be on the CFC-team.

I want this known upfront: I am still moderator of the demogames for CFC. If for some reason a situation occurs where a membership of CFC-ISDG team and a membership of CDZ-ISDG tean is no longer possible; I will have to choose for CFC. Even if I'm not playing for CFC; I will have access to the CFC-secret forum and will have to end my CDZ-access. I don't think it will happen; but I want to have this clear upfront.

Added.

Lt. Killer M
01-06-2005, 16:42
Rik: as long as you only moderate @ CFC this shouldn't be a problem: if it comes to the worst I think you would agree to a passive membership (read only) here, correct?

Banzai
01-06-2005, 16:55
Amazing!
Everybody types 'memeber' instead of 'member' [crazyeye]

[lol]

grahamiam
01-06-2005, 16:57

Never a member of any ISDG :)

Added.

Rik Meleet
01-06-2005, 19:14
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M

Rik: as long as you only moderate @ CFC this shouldn't be a problem: if it comes to the worst I think you would agree to a passive membership (read only) here, correct?
AFAIK CFC and CDZ will not be playing eachother in this session of the ISDG. So I don't think we'll be facing this situation. I am applying for a normal membership on CDZ's ISDG-team.

If the worst happens; I will request to remove me from the CDZ-ISDG team and I'll only be a moderator for the CFC-team, not a actively participating member on the CFC-team. My pledge: I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team still stands. If the worst happens I of course can't keep the promiss for the 3rd part ( I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG) for the CFC-forum; but I will always keep that promiss regarding all non-CFC sites.

Ginger_Ale
01-06-2005, 20:38
I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition or am currently a member of another team (defeated teams excluded). I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG.

I was previously a member of CFC until we got kicked out. Hopefully y'all won't refuse me.

Added.

Socrates
01-06-2005, 20:47
CTRL-V

Ah shit, doesn't work. :(

:) Yipee.

Pledge 2 :
I also promise I will do everything in order to never piss off anybody in the team. Even the old Hammurabian "eye for an eye" Code won't apply, and I won't respond to insults or unjustified rants. Throw your tomatoes !! [goodjob]

Ignored.

Pastorius
01-06-2005, 20:49
Krys, you are already a member of the current CDZ team, hence your pledge makes no sense. :)

Socrates
01-06-2005, 20:52
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Krys, you are already a member of the current CDZ team, hence your pledge makes no sense. :)

Meeeh, first I thought it was for the newbies, then for everyone... And meeeh #2, Markstar has pledged too. [hmm]

Anyway, I have a pledge #2, that I will follow as well. That will make me a special memeber. :)

Markstar
01-06-2005, 20:58
Yeah, I read this thread before I read the one on the ISDG forum, that's why I pledged like a newbie to be one of the memebers. :D

Matrix
01-06-2005, 23:10

I was a member of CFC.

Added.

Beam
01-06-2005, 23:30
quote:I was a member of CFC.

Canceled your account, permabam, hit by the radioactive monkey? ;)

Welcome Rik, GA and Matrix.

Matrix
02-06-2005, 15:36
@Beam: why do you have to lay salt on every snail? ;)

ProPain
02-06-2005, 16:02
Welcome home guys :D

Ginger_Ale
02-06-2005, 20:05
When will the forum be put up?

Lt. Killer M
02-06-2005, 21:18
soon, I hope!

Added.

yndy
03-06-2005, 04:31

I am still fond of CFC and although I feel more like home here, my application for membership is only due to the 'unfortunate' elimination of CFC team. So my pledge is for the current ISDG only.

Added.

akots
03-06-2005, 08:19

Added.

Ginger_Ale
03-06-2005, 13:05
(akots was a member of CFC)

Pastorius
03-06-2005, 13:43
Really? Wow, we would have never guessed [mischief]

Hygro
05-06-2005, 02:02

Told you I'd come knocking if CFC lost [:p]

Added.

Melifluous
05-06-2005, 03:02
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Really? Wow, we would have never guessed [mischief]

Please ignore my sarcastic friend I fear he may well be rather Norwegian tonight.

And you know what these northern Euro "peons" are like [rolleyes]

Melifluous

Melifluous
05-06-2005, 03:04
quote:Originally posted by Hygro

Told you I'd come knocking if CFC lost [:p]

This is a recorded announcement.

I'm sorry but all our operatives are busy at the moment.

Your call is important to us and rest assured that someone will answer your call as soon as they can be bothered.

Melifluous

No spam in the signup thread.

akots
06-06-2005, 14:34
Bump. Will we be able to read the previous game forum once admitted? I'd like to.

Lt. Killer M
06-06-2005, 14:46
akots, thank ou for the bump, it seems qanarres and PP are incommunicando atm - thus no new forum yet.

Access to ISDG FINALS will NOT grant access to round 1. sorry.

akots
06-06-2005, 14:53
Not a discussion imho. We then won't be able to contribute meaningfully to diplomacy since we have no previous knowledge of relationships with other teams. It seems we have applied for a read-only access then. ;)

Fine with me.

Lt. Killer M
06-06-2005, 14:57
akots - you were on a team we did diplo with. I think you are also smart enough to also take our input on how diplo worked with what team.

If you think participation in the finals is your way of getting into reading round 1 - don't bother.

We have our reasons why we do not want to open the forum, and while none of the reasons concernes you we won#t be making extra rules for some.

akots
06-06-2005, 15:12
... I think you are also smart enough to also take our input on how diplo worked with what team. ...

I would not count on that. Seriously. :)

grahamiam
07-06-2005, 22:00
not sure what the delay is atm for the new ISDG thread, but someone from this team should be keeping an eye on the UN. right now, there are deadlines for things like rule change proposals and map setups that are due this Saturday, June 11. As a new guy, I have no idea what rule changes are being considered by us or even if we think there should be any. However, if there are some being considered, I would like to be involved in the discussion or at least be knowledgeble about it :)

This is from Darkness at the UN -> http://www.evo-games.net/Home/viewtopic.php?t=752
quote:I am fairly certain that CDZ will want a few changes in the rules (and perhaps other changes as well), but these are still being discussed at our site...

This is the opening statement about deadlines and such.
quote:OK, everyone's had enough time to find these forums. The next step before we can start the game is vote for map preferences. There is a special forum set up for map generation discussion here, and when your team has finished polling on the map characteristics you would like, the captain should post the official vote in the proper thread in that forum. The deadline for voting is Saturday, June 11, 2005.

At the same time, we need to get the rule set nailed down. Your team should already have been discussing changes you want to make to the rules for a couple weeks now. If a team has an amendment they wish to propose, the team captain must create a thread detailing the proposal. All amendments MUST be submitted to the UN by Saturday, June 11, 2005.

As far as deadlines go, they exist for one purpose and one purpose alone, to get the game started on time. It is hard enough to coordinate six large civilization sites as it is, so I would appreciate it if you do your best to keep the deadlines. I know you all want to get this game started, and it isn't that far away. Now is the time to dig in.

A copy of this message will be PM'd to the team captains, as it is quite important (except for CDZ, who has yet to name a team captain).

EDIT: Fixed your link, MRex. - emp

akots
07-06-2005, 22:27
These UN things are usually rather flexible. They tend to set some deadline but nobody even comes close to following it. Adding an extra week to that sounds reasonable. Emperor will not start working on a map until after mid of June probably. And he needs just a couple of days to make it with his experience.

But rules are indeed important. Seems that whenever I come to an ISDG, the rules and setting are already set in stone. ;)

Matrix
08-06-2005, 12:47

If you think participation in the finals is your way of getting into reading round 1 - don't bother.

We have our reasons why we do not want to open the forum, and while none of the reasons concernes you we won#t be making extra rules for some.
I find it very mean and unflexible. Weren't you anarchists? Then what rule could you possibly have not to show us your subforum?

Whatever the reason is, we're still gonna be on your team, and all in all this ISDG is just for fun, right? That fun is surely going to increase once we get to see your plans and ideas and stuff.

C'mon, be a sport. I showed you mine, you show me yours. And the fact that we're out and you're not doesn't matter, because we won't say anything to the others, because, again, we're on your team now.

smalltalk
08-06-2005, 12:56
quote:Originally posted by Matrix
I showed you mine, you show me yours.
You should have tried that back in Breda.

Now you missed your chance, nosy bastard. [evil]

Melifluous
08-06-2005, 13:08
Dont take it to mean that all of us wanted to keep this forum hidden.

I for one was all for showing all of this stuff to everyone.

quote:Originally posted by Matrix

I showed you mine, you show me yours.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Mistfit/2005517202044_Mutts.gif

Melifluous

Shabbaman
08-06-2005, 13:26
Once more:

P.S. No spam either.

Swingue
09-06-2005, 00:35

A pleasure to follow the isdg!

You already had access you wanker ;)

grs
19-06-2005, 14:48

Added. Sorry for the delay.

Darkness
19-06-2005, 22:44
quote:Originally posted by grs

Your application is being considered. Response in 24 hours.

[lol][rotfl][lol]

@grs: you didn't have to sign up... You were already on the team for the last game, so you're automatically accepted into the team for the finals... ;)

Shabbaman
19-06-2005, 23:40
He wasn't on the forum list though, I had to check. Could've known though [blush]

Ginger_Ale
18-07-2005, 18:30
Will we ever get access to the forum????

Kingreno
18-07-2005, 20:48
We're preparing a controlled leak-out in 2076.

Stapel
24-07-2005, 15:58
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Once more:

P.S. No spam either.

pffffff
This thread should be non-existant anyway!
Dumb German invention, this pledge..... ;)

classical_hero
11-08-2005, 14:54

I was once a member of the CFC ISDG team. I would like to join this team. We learned alot from that game. Thanks.

Added.

Stapel
12-08-2005, 14:48
Hey, CH, welcome here!

Shabba, why the cdp?

Shabbaman
12-08-2005, 14:53
quote:
We reserve the right to refuse applications for now. Your application will be approved (or not ) after 24 hours.

That's why.

keirador
06-10-2005, 23:47
Stapel says this will be a good way of letting me see how I can improve, so. . .

Tubby Rower
07-10-2005, 00:25

Is it too late to join???

Rik Meleet
07-10-2005, 09:40

Tubby Rower
07-10-2005, 12:58
Cool down???? I'm not hot... ask my wife [lol]

EDIT:: @ Rik, can I garee now?

WackenOpenAir
24-09-2006, 19:30
Hi there, just heared about this game. Not in any other teams. And i would like to join.

What is c&p ?

Edit:
"I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition or am currently a member of another team (defeated teams excluded). I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG."

Done.

Rik Meleet
24-09-2006, 20:01
Great !! Nice having WOA on the team.

c&p = Copy and paste. Meaning: Your registration post needs to include this vow:

"I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition or am currently a member of another team (defeated teams excluded). I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG."

It's an honour-code.

killercane
25-09-2006, 05:18
I would like to take a looksee on this game as well.

I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition or am currently a member of another team (defeated teams excluded). I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG."

Done.

Shabbaman
25-09-2006, 10:40
Honour code or honor code?

WackenOpenAir
25-09-2006, 18:42
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Honour code or honor code?

UK english or US enlish.

emperor
08-04-2007, 08:30
Hi guys,

As a new admin to the game it'd be helpful to have access to your private forum. :)

Cheers,
Emperor.

Beorn
08-04-2007, 16:58
Spambot ! [8)]

BCLG100
22-07-2007, 22:53
Im on the poly team, been on it for like years, when the games over can i join up to this and see what you guys been chatting about?

killercane
23-07-2007, 01:17
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

Im on the poly team, been on it for like years, when the games over can i join up to this and see what you guys been chatting about?

Sure if the Poly team would stop holding up the game so as we can finish before 2009!

BCLG100
23-07-2007, 01:32
its not like i take part. they're waiting for an admins decision or something.

grahamiam
23-07-2007, 02:24
Emperor, Shabbaman is the admin, please pm him

Napoleon
18-08-2007, 13:25
Hmm... i wonder if is this a Civ3c Clan.. never heard it at civ3c ladder. If its from civ3c Ladder i join but if you talking about civ4 i pass. Civ3c seems much more like a true multiplayer game and civ4 a better single player cause only wins in graphics and looses too much in game play.

The Emperor have said.

Ty,
Napoleon

Shabbaman
30-08-2007, 19:48
ISDG stands for Intersite Democracy Game, where CDZ is participating in. We also have a civ4 ISDG team.

Mistfit
09-03-2008, 19:41
I would like to sign up for the CDZ ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition or am currently a member of another team (defeated teams excluded). I will not give any info from the CDZ team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CDZ team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG . If I do I will allow CDZ member to choose the format of my untimely death.

[Mistfit]