PDA

View Full Version : Super fast 16+ PBEM DG? Or: "The more the faster!"

Markstar
01-06-2005, 13:01
Hi everyone!
Maybe you have noticed my increased activity for the past days - well, I had one of my final university tests Monday and now should have a little more free time I hope. [cool]

Anyways, in one of the endless hours of waiting for the 8 player game I had the idea to start a (last) grand game.

The problem is (as you all know) that with 8 players the probability of a person being on holiday, busy or whatever are pretty high, so getting even one turn a week is rather fast.

Now I was thinking (don't know if it has been done before) that we could start a mixture of the ISDG, the SG and the "normal" PBEM:
- Every "player" actually consists of 2 (or more) people who want to play together and who have to play the turn within, let's say, 24 hours.
- There is an admin who oversees that the game keeps going.
For example, if one group doesn't play within the next 24 hours, the admin plays the turn by just hitting "enter"). That means the admin either keeps track of the turns, sees that a group is stalling or he is contacted by another group who is looks at the turn tracker and finds that the game is not moving. That way the admin-job is not too much work since keeping track of a game is quite some work.
- How each group plays is up to them;
For example I can imagine a SG principle where each player is in charge for a couple of turns (but the others watch keep track as well of course), or one main player with one or two backup-players who jump in if the main player can't play. Also interesting might be a "receive-first-play-first" style where the person who checks his email first is playing the turn. Of course there are many more options - as I said, it's up to the group.

I was thinking about posting this at CFC and CGN as well since we might have trouble finding enough people here. Plus, it might spice things up a little. [mwaha]

I would volunteer to keep track of the groups and maybe even make a timetable similar to the ones I made for the "Fair Starts" game.
Talking of fair starts, I would prefer balanced starts or maybe even a totally balanced map. Since (to my limited knowledge about map making) it is pretty hard to make an ABSOLUTE fair map I'd offer to make it and post it so that everyone knows about it. But of course I'd prefer an unknown map as well so we'd need someone to make the map. ;)

Anybody interested???

P.S.: Of course ideas/improvements/comments are always welcome!!! [^]

Edit: Alright, here a preliminary (!) list, just tell me which team you want to be on and I'll edit i.
It might be a good idea to talk to the members before joining an empty group (otherwise everybody would want to play with Kemal and anarres, I guess [smokin]).

I'll wait for everybody to post (or pm me) which team they want to be on (or if they want to start a new one). Note that it is NO PROBLEM to start a new team even if you only have a limited amount of time since all you need is somebody who complements you (for example, if you can't play on weekends it might be a good idea to have at least one guy on board who can).

[The Civant Alliance] - civantalliance_ AT_gmx.net (7th)
- Markstar (can play 24/7 - literally [mischief])
- Whomp (busy until september)

[Engineer] - mattjakeTAgwtcTODnet; jdmcbrTAgmailTODcom; gramiamTAgmailTODcom (1st)
- romeothemonk
- grahamiam
- bed_head7 (busy right now)

[Brotherhood of Nod] - kemal_ AT_cqp.nl (3rd)
- Eldakkar
- Kemal

[Milfhunters] - beamATciv3duelzoneDOTcom (5th)
- Beam
- Kingreno

[A-team] - stevebroad2002_ AT_hotmail.com; mcks01_AT_hotmail_DOT_COM (4th)
- barbu1977
- Melifluous

[Gremlins] - teamgremlins_ AT_yahoo.com (6th)
- kryszcztov
- Darkness
- Banzai

[Team Metal] - teammetal at gmail dot com (8th)
- bathsheba666 (can play once at least once a day)
[Killers] - LtKillerM_ AT_civ3duelzone.com; civ3_ AT_straland.com (2nd)
- Matrix
- Lt. Killer M
- Classical Hero

Lt. Killer M
01-06-2005, 13:07
I would offer to make a map, and much more I would love to participate, but I will be gone for almost three weeks soon.

great idea!

btw: where IS 8player?

Darkness
01-06-2005, 13:12
Very interesting idea!

I'd like to participate, but I must admit that I will be gone/busy from now until august, so anyone who would team up with me should be prepared to play the bulk of the turns until then...

Markstar
01-06-2005, 13:26
Well, that's the beauty of it ... it doesn't matter for how long you are gone since you should always have backup. :)

grahamiam
01-06-2005, 13:58
i would like to sign-up for this. i'm having mixed experience with 6 player pbems. Pound was going well till KR's baby, but another over at 'Poly is sooooooo slow (10 turns in about 2 months :( ) I have no idea what is going on turn-to-turn. this idea would ensure at least a decent pace :)

Pastorius
01-06-2005, 13:58
Actually, according to economic theory more people does not make the game faster

to make a pbem, you need the following inputs:
a biq to play
players to participate.

Now, since the biq is constant, you would actually have diminishing returns from adding more and more players, as the marginal product of players would decline (the math is a two factor product function. The first derivative of the biq is 0 since it is a constant, the first derivative of players is positive, but the second derivative of players is negative since the biq is a constant.

HAH!

Markstar
01-06-2005, 15:11
I don't think your approach is applicable here, Paalikles since the number of players is not a simple variable in this equation (because, for example, two players don't make the game twice as fast - but that is not even the goal here).

From what I can tell the problem with most PBEMs is not that ppl don't want to play or totally lose interest, it's more about RL-issues interfering (holydays, family, job). If you can fill these gaps with backup players (for example), the game speed WILL increase -> and the higher the turn output per week is the higher is the interest in the game.

Whomp
01-06-2005, 15:50
I would like to join Markstar. I will be in and out over the next three months but with a teammate I think it would work. To add to the speed maybe you could do some locked alliances too.

barbu1977
01-06-2005, 15:54
I would like to play.

I'll be around most of the summer (except for a couple of weekends)

Pastorius
01-06-2005, 16:00
quote:Originally posted by Markstar

I don't think your approach is applicable here, Paalikles since the number of players is not a simple variable in this equation (because, for example, two players don't make the game twice as fast - but that is not even the goal here).

From what I can tell the problem with most PBEMs is not that ppl don't want to play or totally lose interest, it's more about RL-issues interfering (holydays, family, job). If you can fill these gaps with backup players (for example), the game speed WILL increase -> and the higher the turn output per week is the higher is the interest in the game.

Hehe. I was only joking man. Sorry if it wasnt clear to you :)

Markstar
01-06-2005, 16:12
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles
Hehe. I was only joking man. Sorry if it wasnt clear to you :)
No, I got it. ;)

But believe it or not, you had a valid point and I have been thinking about if this would really work (but I think it actually will). :)

digger760
01-06-2005, 16:17

This could also be slowed down by discussion between teams, but i guess the ISDG goes faster than the 8 player and DDPP so you might have a point there markstar. Unfortunately atm, my time is so limited i certainly dont have time to discuss turns with other players let alone be a reliable day to day player.

romeothemonk
01-06-2005, 16:24
I am willing to give this a go. Possibly be teamed with Grahamiam or Paal.

Eldakkar
01-06-2005, 16:25
I like this idea :)

I would like to participate and make a team with Kemal. We will not be away this summer at the same time, so we can guarantee fast turn play.

Lt. Killer M
01-06-2005, 16:27
quote:Originally posted by Eldakkar

I like this idea :)

I would like to participate and make a team with Kemal. We will not be away this summer at the same time, so we can guarantee fast turn play.

OMG, the civbrothers in union! [eek]

Pastorius
01-06-2005, 16:35
Hey, I didnt sign up [crazyeye]

Markstar
01-06-2005, 16:57
@digger760: Well, as I've said...it doesn't really matter how much time you have since there always should be others who can jump in any time. So don't let that stop you (but of course I realize there are valid reasons not wanting to join ;)).

For my team I have a democratic structure in mind with free discussions on what to do next and then one primary turn player (that'd be me, I guess. [blush]) but with the others also free to play the turn of course. [crazyeye]

So Whomp, if you are o.k. with that I'd love to have you on my team. [goodjob]

Whomp
01-06-2005, 17:09
Sounds good Markstar!

Whomp
01-06-2005, 18:15
Markstar just so you're aware it will be an on/off thing with me this summer but not 24/7. Weekends will be the tough times.

Socrates
01-06-2005, 20:39
Mmmh, nice idea. I thought you were thinking of another simultaneous moves weekend. [crazyeye] I have one question : you say 8 players will make the game slow, then I thought you would speak of simulatenous moves, and we all know Civ4 is coming now, but then you end up with a regular PBEM. [hmm] I'm not sure that "receive-first-play-first" will increase the pace by much, but you'll see.

I'm not sure now. This reminds me of Beam's in November, and that is the only reason I'd like to take part in it. :) The cons are :
- not interested in Civ as much as I was before ;
- Civ4 on the way, time to have a rest ?
- do other things in RL ;
- try to lower my presence here for a while...

So, put me in the reserve list, please. If Darkness is OK, I'd team up with him again ! [cool] Up to you, Darkie. Or I could team up with someone I've never played with (interesting to learn about the dude). My time isn't that limited, but I'd rather have someone who can play a lot, I'd like to be teammate #2... :)

Pastorius
01-06-2005, 20:43
quote:... - try to lower my presence here for a while...

[cry] We love you man [love] Dont lower anything.

quote: do other things in RL

I guess you have heard about this program called social life, that Rik has been talking about. Hmm. I want to download that too [crazyeye]

Ok, I am feverish and emotional. I ll shut up now

Ginger_Ale
01-06-2005, 20:57
Eldakkar is Kemal?

Not really a sign up until any more of my pbems end soon. Which won't happen..

Markstar
01-06-2005, 21:03
@Krys: Nooo, the simultaneous-moves game would of course come IN ADDITION to this one. [coool]

I'm doing one with Matrix tomorrow and after that I'll see to it that I start another thread for a 4+ sim game. But one thing after another. ;)

Pastorius
01-06-2005, 21:11
Eldakkar is Kemal. The eternal question.

Actually, I think they are brothers.

Markstar, sorry to spam your thread [mischief]

bed_head7
01-06-2005, 22:55
Sounds like fun to me. I will out unable to play for the next couple of weeks, and after that will be available at all times, as far as I know. No real preference on partner.

akots
02-06-2005, 00:37
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov
... I thought you were thinking of another simultaneous moves weekend. [crazyeye] ...

We need to finish the other one which is still not finished.

grahamiam
02-06-2005, 03:10
quote:Originally posted by romeothemonk

I am willing to give this a go. Possibly be teamed with Grahamiam or Paal.

missed this earlier :) sounds good to me

Kingreno
02-06-2005, 09:28
Beam asked me to team up and I accepted. This is one turn per 2 weeks right?[mischief]

Markstar
02-06-2005, 09:56
@akots: Yes, we can finish that one before we start over. But since I blew my strategy with my wrong-wonder-fiasco [aargh] we have to talk about the slack we were cutting you. ;)

Anyways, I've been doing some more thinking on the map setting etc. and I would REALLY like to have a map similar to the fair starts game (spoiler is in my forum). The point is simple:
This is no quick 1on1, there are a lot of people (with a lof of skill [blink] [crazyeye]) involved and at this level it has a lot to do with who has the better position (like in between two enemies, etc).
Furthermore, what about modding the game so that 2 or more teams can have the save tribe? I think it'd be unfair to deny anyone the Iros. [coool].
But also turning off civ traits altogether sounds good, as well as letting each team decide which traits and UU they want to have (even though that'd be a little extreme imho). [medic]

As usual, input is welcome! [sleep]

Beam
02-06-2005, 16:27
About modding, KR and me can mod a lot in (can be done seperately from the map). Recommended to Keep It Simple Stupid!

Markstar
02-06-2005, 17:37
Yep, I agree that we ought to keep it simple. I just suggested it so that nobody fights over a certain tribe.

Still waiting for some input on the map settings, I'm a little surprised that there is no outrage about me proposing totally even continents...or maybe it has gone unnoticed? [groucho]

I expected a little more of [punch], [nono] and [rant] over the matter...

Beam
02-06-2005, 18:15
Most if not all maps for group games have been either highly balanced or identical (Swimming Pool, 2x2x2x2, 2 maps for on-line games) and I've only read positive comments so it looks like the way to go. I'd personally prefer highly balanced, not identical but that's the most elaborous type of map we can ask for.

Continents sounds good to me. Enable early contact always is the key parameter for continent maps, would be nice to have some input on that.

Just an idea about Civchoice: let every team choose the Civ they want to play with, if there are any doubles we can easily solve that in the editor. Nice addition: every team can choose a 3rd trait?

All thoughts and subject to discussion of course. :)

With 4 teams in place and 6 ppl on the list it might not be neccesary to go to other fora.

Matrix
02-06-2005, 18:58
I think identical continents are boring. [tongue] (There he comes again. [rolleyes])

Nevertheless I'd like to participate as well. :) I don't care with whom I end up, but I prefer people I know well (e.g. by having met them in real life). ;)

romeothemonk
02-06-2005, 19:18
The other thing is that you can have five choices for civs, then do a lottery pick, to see who picks first.
Example
Team Engineer (G-man and I)
1. Sumeria
2. Iro
3. Greece
4. Babs
5. Celts
Team Markstar
1. Sumeria
2. Japan
3. China
4. Portugal
5. America

Markstar's team gets first pick through a random drawing, pulls Sumeria. Engineer goes second gets Iro. A third team would be next and get the highest availible civ on their list.

I also do not like identical continents.

Kemal
02-06-2005, 19:24
Posting to confirm my participation in this, sounds like a good idea indeed. :)

However, I'd personally wouldn't like the game to be modded much, besides the mandatory SoZ issues that every game has to be modded for. So I'd like for no 3rd traits nor double civs etc. That said, I agree that of course there needs to be some form of solution for double-choices, in the swimming pool it was done via a coinflip but as it turned out, that method sucks. [:p]

But how about this:
Maybe double chosen civs should be out of the game altogether, where teams that double are forced to make a new choice excluding the doubled civs as well as the civs that weren't doubled but already picked by other teams in the first round? Makes initial choice of civ some sort of strategic decision already, I suppose... though it could lead to backdoor politics before the game start too. [hmm]

Also, I'm in favour of either continents or archi type map, one landmass is imo not well suited for games with so many civs participating.

Whomp
02-06-2005, 20:02
A thought regarding picking civs. Since there are many high level players here maybe a handicap could be created. Each of us vote by PM the 1st to 16th rated player(IE I'm the 16th best player [lol]). The lowest total goes last on picking a civ and the highest total goes first.

Also, wouldn't archs be more interesting because it would allow for teams to
A. develop their island
B. Require a navy and
C.Force teams to really think out any attack plan so you don't get back doored with forces away from home.

grahamiam
02-06-2005, 20:21
imho, random arch maps with 60% ocean generate the most interesting landmasses. mapmaker could tweak resources and a few tiles to get it more even, but leave it mostly random.

Beam
02-06-2005, 20:39
Archie maps usually see little action early game, take the Swimming Pool (glad it is moving at good speed again :)) as prime example. 8 players, one war afaik. In a years time. It is an enjoyable game btw, don't misunderstand.

On a sidenote: there are 4 complete teams and 7 more players listed. Without any intent to be managing a process I see 3 more complete teams and just 1 vacancy. Or am I missing something?

grahamiam
02-06-2005, 20:41
well, we could make it a small map with 8 players, right? that would force the action a little sooner :)

Markstar
02-06-2005, 20:53
- Well, I must say I don't like the throw-out-civs-that-were-selected-twice approach. There are only 7 agricultural civs there, ergo at least one team ends up without it and I don't think that's really fair. An alternative would also be of course not to include agricultural civs. [dunno]

- About continents/islands: I'm fine with them being not identical or whatever, but I surely don't want one team having to cope with jungle (like CGN, but at least they got a great starting position) while other teams have plenty of cows around (and the surrounding terrain is much more important in C3C than it was in PTW).

How about a poll on these issues? (just an idea)

- Matrix, is it possible to use your turn tracker for the game? Would it be able to send an email to several recipients at the same time?

- Who is going to make the map? I don't want anybody not to play because of other responsibilites (other than RL of course). Of course there is always the option to reveal the map to everyone but I don't see this happening. [mischief]

- While I certainly like the idea of being able to develop your island, there is one thing: It pretty eliminates the option of an early land war. Imho there are more options with a few neighbours around but I DO NOT have a problem with an archipelago.
Even a small map sound alright to me at this point (sort of a test run) if that's what you guys want.

- About posting at CFC/CGN: I contacted miccofl and Kuningas, miccofl is into Pirates! right now and waiting for Civ4 and I havn't hear from Kuningas (who wanted revenge after the last Fair Starts). But while we only need one more person to make the 16, I'd feel much more comfortable with filling up the teams (like 3 per team), especially since most of the guys not yet assigned have only a limited amount of time right now.
Of course if you guys want to keep it at two players per team that'd be alright, too. But if there are no objections I will post it tomorrow at around noon.

- I feel uncomfortable just assigning people to teams and would really feel much more comfortable if you guys could pick teams or if already established teams could invite players.

There have been several posts while I was writing this so sorry if it's a little messed up. [blush]

Socrates
02-06-2005, 21:48
Some quick thoughts :

- Rules : I have a ruleset, which can be improved (mostly : getting rid of obsolete rules). If a majority wants it, good, and I'll promise to update it so that it is better.

- Settings : No archi map please, this will last a decade. I'd be for a Small map on continents.

- Teammate : Will we wait for Darkness to come back ? Or can he access CDZ on trip ? Still waiting if he wants to play with me...

- Civs : I'm in favor of no modding. Keep it simple, and have fun.

Beam
02-06-2005, 22:25
After consulting KR we renamed Team 4 to Milfhunters. [evil] Beware!

Melifluous
02-06-2005, 22:39
I would like to join in and maybe team up with Barbie if he'll take me?

That would make a formidable English-Quebeqoi (sp?) team.

Melifluous

barbu1977
02-06-2005, 22:49
I'll gladly play with Meli.

We will have great round the clock coverage.

For which civ to pick, I say you pick the civ from the players geographic area. (Guess where Oka and Kanawake is [mischief])

If not, I'd be in favor of turning of the agri trait.

BTW, I'm still looking for another single player game.

Edit - Québecois is the spelling you are looking for.

Beam
02-06-2005, 23:02
Introducing the magnificent leader of the great Milfhunter empire and leader of our people:

Frenske Bauer!

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/200562225437_frans_bauer.jpg
64.12KB

The Nightingale from Fijnaart will be singing in all theaters on the Superfast Globe soon. [queen]

Matrix
02-06-2005, 23:05
I know who I'd like to kill first. [eek]

romeothemonk
03-06-2005, 00:16
Grahamiam and I also have a mascot for team Engineer.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/romeothemonk/20056301544_20056222419_Dork.gif
35.7KB

Looking forward to the civ picking process. (I admit I like the lottery idea, now whoose idea was that again?)[hmm]

Markstar
03-06-2005, 00:19

Rules : I have a ruleset, which can be improved (mostly : getting rid of obsolete rules). If a majority wants it, good, and I'll promise to update it so that it is better.Hmm, what do you guys think? I am against any rules (especially not that weired RBCiv stuff or whatever it is). Don't cheat - that's it (imo)!!!

There are still some people not in a team (how about Matrix and Digger hook up?)? I would really like to have more guys per team to have a better safety net.

@Beam & KR: You dirty bastards! [groucho]

Matrix
03-06-2005, 00:30
Sure, I'd like to play with Digger. :)
We only need to find a mascot. [slanteye] (And proper name, etc.)

Markstar
03-06-2005, 01:05
@Matrix: As we discussed online, I decided to go ahead and post at CGN and CFC so I will reserve the last remaining teams for them (at least for now).

@everybody: I reserved the last two spots for CFC and CGN for now since imho it makes more sense if we have at least 3 players per team.

bed_head7
03-06-2005, 07:05
Okay, since Markstar doesn't want to assigning, and I am at the moment a chemical engineering major (well, will be next year), may I join team Engineer?

digger760
03-06-2005, 09:50
I really dont think i have the time for this..sorry Matrix.

Matrix
03-06-2005, 11:38
Would the Team3 brothers mind if I join them? Kemal and I should be a good compensation. ;)

Eldakkar
03-06-2005, 15:07
Matrix, we would love to have you aboard!!

romeothemonk
03-06-2005, 15:56
I would love to add another ChE to team engineer, welcome aboard Bed_Head. Pending approval from our ME boss, but I am already working for an ME boss at work and I have some experience in dealing with them. Use small words and short sentances, avoid mentioning any chemicals, and use your hands a lot.
Actually Grahamiam is way smarter than that and a very good engineer, I just love ripping on ME's. (My school produces some really crappy ones)

Melifluous
06-06-2005, 11:39
Any more movement/details on this?

*Is happier than a happy person on happy pills*

Melifluous

Lt. Killer M
06-06-2005, 12:06
I have by now been invited into two different teams - thank you!

ATM, I am getting ready for a three week trip to the US (work, no play :(), and I would like to postpone deciding until after that - hope that's fine?

[estwing]

akots
06-06-2005, 14:39

@akots: Yes, we can finish that one before we start over. But since I blew my strategy with my wrong-wonder-fiasco [aargh] we have to talk about the slack we were cutting you. ;) ...

I hate unfinished games. Whatever is the reason. ;)

Especially multiplayer online. But also PBEMs. In the case of PBEMs it is often a RL problem. Well, not the case with this game. I then claim a win with Matrix over you.

Regarding the slack. What are you talking about? You argeed to it. And it was fair. Besides, I survived about 80 turns fighting both of you just fine. ;)

Markstar
06-06-2005, 16:28
quote:Originally posted by akots

Regarding the slack. What are you talking about? You argeed to it. And it was fair. Besides, I survived about 80 turns fighting both of you just fine. ;)
Ha, good one.

How can YOU claim victory in a game where you were willing to give up if we were to continue the game under the normal conditions??? [rofl]
If anything then Matrix can claim victory against the both of us. [bump]

Anyways, about this game: It looks like it was a mistake to calculate with additional players from CFC or CGN. It seems they are either afraid to go against so many CDZ-teams, everybody is holding their breath for cIV or, whatever, I dunno. [dunno]

It looks like we have 6 teams together, krys still needs AT LEAST one more partner or Darkness to confirm.

Other than that we need to decide what map setting we use, etc, so I put up a poll here: http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2789&results=1

Also I suggest further discussions move there so we can reserve this thread for team-related stuff.

bathsheba666
08-06-2005, 23:57
Ok,

I'm new to this forum. Team 7 seems to be empty?
Who would like to join me in this?

Can play most days. Can play most weekends.
Holiday to arrange very probably in August.

Markstar
09-06-2005, 01:22
Welcome to CDZ bathsheba666 - I hope you find someone and maybe even some more people to fill the 8th spot. ;)

Who wants me? [tongue]

Markstar
12-06-2005, 23:47
Welcome Ville!

Alright, situation is this: Team 6 & 7 each need one member more and team 8 is completely empty which makes a total of 4 vacant spots

Now, we only have 3 people one the reserve (I don't think digger760 even wants to take part so I guess he should be considered being off the list) and and 2 teams with 3 people. Do you guys want to volunteer or do you want me to simply assign teams. Because then I would put Darkness in team 6, Ville in 7 and finally Matrix and Killer in team 8. I know it's not perfect and I had hoped that there would be 3 ppl per team but this is how it goes.
Any suggestions for an admin who would enforce the speed of the game if neccessary?

Also, even though only 7 people have voted, it seems that we are going to have pretty similar maps on a modded environment. I think this includes that every team can simply choose their tribe and the map maker will mod it accordingly.
Yes, big subject, who is going to make a map? Should I simply post a request? Also, http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2818 is the place to vote for map settings.

Matrix
13-06-2005, 00:22
Why don't we play with lesser teams then?

We could also perhaps actively try to get more players; i.e. asked them by PM. I still miss some core CDZ members. ERIKK, Stapel, ProPain, anarres, Shabbaman...

Edit: it's not that I don't like to team up with Killer. [tongue] I just think three players per team is much more fun than just two.

I'm fine with team 7 :)

Darkness
13-06-2005, 17:49
@Krys: Sure, I'll play with you... :) And no, unfortunately no CDZ access during my trip (no time... :() Maybe we should recruit a third player? Might be easier making decisions that way (no ties, if it comes to a vote on something important?)

Markstar
14-06-2005, 22:58
@Matrix: Yes, I absolutely agree with you - 3 players per team would be much better (and fun imo) but I have to assume that the players who have not volunteered for the game yet do not wish to participate. It is up to the teams now to recruit new members, which is totally legit of course.

@everybody: Now, let's get this thing moving. I suggest everybody votes, in the map proportions thread are only 5 votes so far, including one from Puwen who is not even in a team afaik! [hmm][scratch]
I also need every team to decide on a tribe and post it here.

I do think things might be more interesting if we could spice up the tribe choices a little (so not every team takes Iros [coool]), I have put up yet another poll for that here... http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2826

I hope we get this game on the road soon...and remember, there are still plenty of skilled players out there who have not signed up for a team yet...[charge]

romeothemonk
14-06-2005, 23:10
Team Engineer has expressed an interest in playing Sumeria.
They are not the Iro's, and no one jumped on them yet.
Team Milf-hunter wants to play as Cathy as that fits their team description. [fdevil][rolleyes]
Map is not important, but should be as more experienced players claim is fair.
As a second, Justus and I had discussed Egypt, but we would need more discussion if we can't be Gilgamesh. (I am the only one that wants to say "Shaka when the walls fell" when they here Gilgamesh, or did I waste to much time watching Star Trek:TNG)

Darkness
14-06-2005, 23:21
IMHO some more knowledge about the map type would be nice, before we decide on this. No-one wants to be a seafaring civ on a pangaea map or and expansionist one on an archipelago map...

Beam
15-06-2005, 00:52
With Darkness on this one. Shake my nuts.

Markstar
20-06-2005, 13:05
Alright, enough time has passed and even though not everybody has voted I think we got enough to get into the final stages. Here are the results:
- Medium map, 60% land, continents.
- Similar starting positions with modded map properties to further balance the map.
- Tribe abilities stay the same and there is only one tribe each allowed.

Now, since deciding on which tribe each team gets is going to be difficult, how about this:
- List with 5 different choices
- Only the first two choices can include an agri civ
- If a tribe is selected twice on the same level, the tribe gets erased from the list completely

Example for the first 2 rounds:
[Maya]-[Inca]-... -> [xxxx]-[Inca]-... -> Inca
[Maya]-[Iros]-... -> [xxxx]-[xxxx]-... -> ...
[India]-[Maya]-... -> [xxxx]-[xxxx]-... -> ...
[India]-[Zulu]-... -> [xxxx]-[Zulu]-... -> Zulu
[Iros.]-[Rome]-... -> Iroquois

This way, it is up to each team to decide if and how they want to include agri tribes.
I will post a request at the map making forum and I suggest that the teams send their list directly to the map maker once we have one.

Markstar
20-06-2005, 15:49
Alright, Rik offered to do the map. :)

Now, every team has one week to submit their five team choices (and the team name) to Rik so we can start this game asap.

Banzai
21-06-2005, 11:02
I'm asked to join team 6... ok :)
Darkness, Krys... lets kick some ass!

[charge]
Banzai!

Darkness
21-06-2005, 11:19
quote:Originally posted by Banzai

I'm asked to join team 6... ok :)
Darkness, Krys... lets kick some ass!

[charge]
Banzai!

Excellent! Welcome to the team! :)

Banzai
21-06-2005, 11:38
Thanks!
I promise to do better than in our game ;)

Darkness
21-06-2005, 12:05
quote:Originally posted by Banzai

Thanks!
I promise to do better than in our game ;)

You haven't lost that one yet... ;)

bathsheba666, I'm picking our civ list if you won't answer... BTW, let's use my forum for spoiler ;)

Beam
22-06-2005, 20:13
The Milfhunters have submitted their Top 5. [invasion]

Rik Meleet
22-06-2005, 23:32
1 list received. 7 to go.

To prevent delays: can the teams please include a password to be used in the game as well ?

Matrix
22-06-2005, 23:58
Anyone seen Killer lately? [ponder]

Beam
23-06-2005, 00:16
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

You sure to remember that password? ;)

Matrix
23-06-2005, 02:16
Depends on how often I have to repeat it. [lol]

Darkness
23-06-2005, 08:23

He's in the US until the 29th of june....

Rik Meleet
23-06-2005, 12:02
FYI:

I've had a chat with Markstar on the specifics of the map and the game.

Summary:
Standard map, 8 teams, 2 continents holding 4 teams each.
SGL: on, SoZ: on. (Ivory strategically located that all teams have a chance to go for SoZ.)
Ocean settings between the 2 continents: MapMakers decision.
Landmasses not neccesarily identical, but "similar".
The 2 civs Mapmaker sees as strongest to be put on different continents.
No rule editting. (ok, this wasn't talked about, but I'll let you know anyway).
Mapmaker decides who gets what civ, based on the rules explained by Markstar in this thread.
Markstat proposed that the playorder is the order in which Mapmaker receives the civ-lists - no decision is taken on that yet.

Rik is "game-admin" and presses "enter" when a team can't or doesn't play in time. Rik is available for the checking of a saved game in case of "rule-violations" but has no desire to judge or to make rulings; that's up to the 8 teams themselves.

Pastorius
23-06-2005, 12:16
Rik talks of himself in 3rd person mode. Paalikles thinks this will be a fun game to watch, and that Rik's feet smell funny [mischief]

Darkness
23-06-2005, 12:32
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Rik talks of himself in 3rd person mode. Paalikles thinks this will be a fun game to watch, and that Rik's feet smell funny [mischief]

[rotfl]

@Rik: Good summary! You should receive team6's information tomorrow at the latest...

Markstar
23-06-2005, 13:42
Rik, thanks for summarizing our chat and for taking the time to do all this.

About the "two strongest civs on opposite continents": I was actually thinking about not only the two strongest teams but more like evenly evenly balancing both continents. But that's up to Rik how he does it, it was just a suggestion. [smokin]

About rules: As stated before, I don't think there is really need for rules. Don't cheat (like opening up saves or reading other forums), for the rest I'd say that anything goes especially since this might be one of the last C3C PBEMs (before we eventually switch to cIV).

grahamiam
23-06-2005, 14:36
List sent to Rik. http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/celeb/smiley39.gif

Are we using Matrix's turntracker for this one?

Darkness
23-06-2005, 14:40

About the "two strongest civs on opposite continents": I was actually thinking about not only the two strongest teams but more like evenly evenly balancing both continents. But that's up to Rik how he does it, it was just a suggestion. [smokin]

How do you propose to rank the teams?
By civ strenght or by player strength?
IMHO both will be impossible. Everyone has a different list of what he thinks are the best civs (1-31). Sure the Iroqs will be high on everyone's list but no two lists will be the same. And player strenght will be even harder. We haven't all played against eachother, so it's impossible to rank the players 1-to-whatever. We all know Kemal is no.1, but who can objectively rank 2-to-.... ???

I trust Rik to try to do this to the best of his abilities, but there is no way all of us can (and will) agree with the rankings that he comes up with. Why not just assign the civs in a random way?

Kemal
23-06-2005, 15:00
Players rating players is definitely not a good thing for CDZ imo, we've always managed to get along without that, I'd really like to suggest we keep it that way.

As for team and civ placements, I'm with Darkness why not use randomness for that? Should be fairly simple to accomplish and takes away a lot of unwanted responsibilities for Rik in assessing team and civ strengths, I think. As for civ choices, still have to get up-to-date with the system we will use for picking a civ, you can expect a list at the end of tomorrow for our team.

Btw, Matrix is now definitely on a team with Killer, i.e. out of team EldaKemal? Just to check...

Matrix
23-06-2005, 15:00
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

List sent to Rik. http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/celeb/smiley39.gif

Are we using Matrix's turntracker for this one?
I asked smalltalk about it. There's a complication with having multiple destination e-mail addresses.

Markstar
23-06-2005, 15:54
Well, I said it was just a suggestion and I know there is no definite ranking, neither player- nor civ-based. I do think that there is a way to guesstimate a ranking once all the teams have their civs but again: it is up to Rik and I don't even want to know how he is placing the teams.

Concerning the turn tracker: It would be nice if we could use it, even it is without the upload function.

Markstar
23-06-2005, 15:56
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

Btw, Matrix is now definitely on a team with Killer, i.e. out of team EldaKemal? Just to check...
Yes, since don't have enough players and Matrix said earlier that he doesn't really care who he plays with I thought this was the best solution.

Of course, like Matrix pointed out earlier, it'd still be nice if every team would have 3 or even more players.

Rik Meleet
23-06-2005, 17:26
quote:Originally posted by Darkness

How do you propose to rank the teams?
By civ strenght or by player strength?I don't even know the relative strength of the players. I meant Civ-strength (that includes traits and UU's).

The map-idea is ready. It will need some finetuning, but the general principle of the map is completed.

I wait till all 8 teams have submitted their lists of 5 civs. I then use Markstars guidelines to assign the civs as they were chosen (ok not assign; see what teams get which civs). If not every team gets a civ following Markstar's rules; I'll check with MS what to do (without giving him any specific information).

Once all teams have the civ they are entitled to I'll place them on the map in such a way that I think it is balanced best. I don't look at players in teams at all; I'll only look to the map and the involved civs to get the most out of their traits and UU, while the game itself stays balanced. (An Exp civ on a 1 tile island is not good; an Sea civ in the middle of Pangaea is not good.)

During that process I will follow MS request to spread stronger and weaker civs around and have the 2 (if there are 2 top civs in the game) not on the same continent.

Does that satisfy your concerns ?

Markstar
23-06-2005, 17:51
If not every team gets a tribe, then I suggest that we send in 4 more (non-agri) choices.

Actually I did also mean a player-based ranking instead of a purely civ-based order. But again, do it as you think is best, Rik!!!

Whomp
23-06-2005, 18:12
I think the only way to do it "player based" is if each team pm's Rik a rating (1st-16th) based on view of the teams. I'm personally not qualified to know since I've only SG'd with some of the guys from team engineer. They got skillz but I have no idea relative to everyone else.

grahamiam
23-06-2005, 18:49
imho, I think Rik's take on it is fine. Trying to rank players a-la mad-bax in sgotm is really difficult and I don't think we need get into it here. and, as Whomp says, there hasn't been enough pbem's between everyone in the game to get a decent idea of relative strength.

Rik Meleet
23-06-2005, 18:54

imho, I think Rik's take on it is fine. Trying to rank players a-la mad-bax in sgotm is really difficult and I don't think we need get into it here. and, as Whomp says, there hasn't been enough pbem's between everyone in the game to get a decent idea of relative strength.
Not to mention that I don't even want to know how strong every individual is or how you rate eachother in civ-strength.

Markstar
23-06-2005, 19:24
That's why I said guesstimate. But forget it, I did not mean to make a big deal out of it and just wanted to suggest a rule-of-thumb for placing the teams. [mischief]

Socrates
23-06-2005, 20:32
I'd like to have the name of this game renamed, because it sucks as it is now. [mischief] With all the inspiration I have right now, I can throw this in : "Meta CDZ PBEM". [lol] Or why not : "Waiting for Civ4 PBEM". Or : "Markstar's Dictatorship Pleasures PBEM". [thumbsup]

Markstar
23-06-2005, 20:59

I'd like to have the name of this game renamed, because it sucks as it is now. [mischief] With all the inspiration I have right now, I can throw this in : "Meta CDZ PBEM". [lol] Or why not : "Waiting for Civ4 PBEM". LOL, we could use you for finding a cool team name for us. ;)

quote:Or : "Markstar's Dictatorship Pleasures PBEM". [thumbsup]
[rotfl] ... especially since I'm trying not to dictate the terms too much. If I had it my way, we'd already be playing - on a map with identical subcontinents, double production and modded tribes. [smokin]

Darkness
23-06-2005, 21:52
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

Does that satisfy your concerns ?

It was not intended to come over as a concern. It's just an opinion. :)

I'm sure it'll turn out just fine! :)

Darkness
23-06-2005, 23:08
Team Gremlins has submitted its' preferences for the game! :)

Matrix
23-06-2005, 23:08

quote:Or : "Markstar's Dictatorship Pleasures PBEM". [thumbsup]
[rotfl] ... especially since I'm trying not to dictate the terms too much. If I had it my way, we'd already be playing - on a map with identical subcontinents, double production and modded tribes. [smokin]
[eek] Thank you for the compliance. [worship] ;)

I'd like to have the name of this game renamed, because it sucks as it is now. [mischief]
What's wrong with "16+ PBEM"?

Rik Meleet
23-06-2005, 23:53
5 teams have submitted their civs + password. Only 3 (Eldakkar_Kemal , Barbu+Meli , Batsh+Ville) to go.
The map is ready. When I get all civs; I can finetune the map, playtest and do the kickoff for the game. I am doing my best to make it a special game.

digger760
24-06-2005, 11:51
I started to post this in a few threads, but postin here might save some time

"I hate to be picky, but, it is very hard to tell who's thread is who's for any lurker who has subscribed to all the teams threads. Perhaps you can add a team name to the spoiler title?"

digger760
24-06-2005, 13:41
Just glancing at my "Subscription list" there are tow teams yest to start a spoiler. Cmon lads, dont keep you end up!

Offenders would be:
Milfhunters (too busy shaggin wives)
Kemal & Eldakkar

grahamiam
24-06-2005, 14:11
quote:Originally posted by digger760
"I hate to be picky, but, it is very hard to tell who's thread is who's for any lurker who has subscribed to all the teams threads. Perhaps you can add a team name to the spoiler title?"
happy? http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/misc/musicboohoo.gif :D

digger760
24-06-2005, 15:55
we are getting there, a few more to go [goodjob]

Rik Meleet
24-06-2005, 20:58
7 teams received; only Barbu+Meli still needed.

Beam
24-06-2005, 22:28
Barb and Mel would love to play Korea ;)

Rik Meleet
24-06-2005, 22:59
All 8 teams have send their civ-list. 7 teams have been awarded a team of their choice, unfortunately one team chose only civs that were either chosen earlier by others; or chosen twice on the same level. I'll PM them for additional choices.

I will not reveal what civs are assigned and which civs are out due to double selection until all 8 teams have civs assigned.

Markstar
24-06-2005, 23:04
Did you PM them already? Otherwise I would suggest that ALL teams send in four more choices because otherwise the one team will have an advantage knowing/better guessing what has been chosen before.

smalltalk
25-06-2005, 17:00
quote:Originally posted by Beam

You sure to remember that password? ;)

Matrix does remember it. But he fears that there's a typo in it. ;)

Markstar
28-06-2005, 16:37
Alright, what's the status here, how is the one team coming along with choosing the backup picks?

grahamiam
28-06-2005, 17:01
sorry, it took us a couple of days to get everyone together and vote on our new choices (actually, choices 6 thru 10, as we couldn't choose another AGR civ). We just submitted it last night, East Coast USA time, while Rik was sleeping.

Rik Meleet
29-06-2005, 01:37
The results:
Team 1 (Markstar + Whomp) - Civ = Dutch
Team 2 (Romeothemonk + Grahamiam + Bed_head7) - Civ = France
Team 3 (Eldakkar + Kemal) - Civ = Sumeria
Team 4 (Beam + Kingreno) - Civ = Ottomans
Team 5 (Barbu1977 + Melifluous) - Civ = China
Team 6 (Kryszctov + Darkness + Banzai) - Civ = Rome
Team 7 (Bathsheba666 + Ville) - Civ = Aztecs
Team 8 (Matrix + Killer) - Civ = Egypt

I'm going to place the civs on the map and playtest the game to get the result that all teams/civs have an as equal as possible game.

In case you wonder why an unmentioned civ that teams chose aren't selected: they were eliminated earlier in the selection process due to multiple selection.
Slot 1: Iroquois and Celts were selected at least twice; hence they are out due to double selection. Sumeria and Aztecs assigned.
Slot 2: no civs were eliminated due to double selection. Dutch assigned.
Slot 3: Persia out due to double selection. China, Rome and Egypt assigned.
Slot 4: Greece out due to double selection. No civs assigned.
Slot 5: no civs were eliminated due to double selection. Ottomans assigned.
Extra round: France assigned.

bed_head7
29-06-2005, 06:46
So I still don't get why we weren't allowed any agri civs in our second batch, if there were still ones that hadn't been eliminated. It wasn't as if we were going to choose all agri just to cover all of our bases.

Markstar
29-06-2005, 08:57
quote:Originally posted by bed_head7

So I still don't get why we weren't allowed any agri civs in our second batch, if there were still ones that hadn't been eliminated. It wasn't as if we were going to choose all agri just to cover all of our bases.
The decision about the second picks was made even before the first picks were made and I was also thinking about allowing one agri civ. But the point is that teams that get a second pick would have a strategic advantage since they could just pick two good agri civs in the first round and then select their backup civ in the second round. To put it bluntly, the idea of the second pick is that you get punished a little for not chosing better in the first round. With one more agri civ choice, even if you did not include a second round of picks in your strategy, you obviously get three picks of agri while others only get one.

That's why we, for example, chose the Dutch as our second agri pick since we assumed that nobody would want it and thus there might be a fairly good chance of us actually getting it.

Anyways, looks like this is going to be an interesting game, Kemal and Eldakkar with Sumeria [eek].

Matrix
29-06-2005, 11:07
It's fine IMO.

So when are we going to start? :)

Markstar
29-06-2005, 12:22
As soon as Rik releases it I guess. [vampire] [:p]

grahamiam
29-06-2005, 14:37
How do we want to pass the saves? Attachments on an open thread?

If we want to use Matrix's turn tracker, I can send gmail invites to 1 person on each team (I have 50, so I can spare a few ;), who can then setup an email addy for his team to share. We can then send our all of our gmail P/W's & addy's to Rik so he can move the game in case of skips. Just a thought...

Beam
29-06-2005, 15:05
I'd prefer to use the turntracker, dunno if it can send the sav to multiple e-mail accounts?

Matrix
29-06-2005, 15:27
Smalltalk is working on it. (Incidentally I also suggested him to join me and Killer. [tongue])

Darkness
29-06-2005, 15:27

I'd prefer to use the turntracker, dunno if it can send the sav to multiple e-mail accounts?

Team gremlins have created (actually Banzai did :)) a specific email account for this game, so maybe that is an option for the other teams as well?

Beam
29-06-2005, 16:06

Team gremlins have created (actually Banzai did :)) a specific email account for this game, so maybe that is an option for the other teams as well?

I am really not waiting for an additional account to the 4 I am monitoring daily. Would be great if smalltalk can solve this! [goodjob]

Darkness
29-06-2005, 16:42

Point taken... :)
If Smalltalk can solve the problem that would be even better!

I am really not waiting for an additional account to the 4 I am monitoring daily. Would be great if smalltalk can solve this! [goodjob]

Whomp
29-06-2005, 17:13
I already have an email for the CFC team vs. Russia if that's the route we take.

Markstar
29-06-2005, 17:17
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

I already have an email for the CFC team vs. Russia if that's the route we take.
Hehe, the moment you wrote that I sent you a pm. ;)

Anyways, gmail has no pop3 access (for Outlook Express) and yahoo only allows it for premium users. But there are some german providers that allow direct pop3 access so I could set one up...

Beam
29-06-2005, 18:07
Special request to Rik: can the Sipahi be renamed to Milfhunter? This to increase the experience of the game [tongue]

Rik Meleet
29-06-2005, 18:11
k

Markstar
29-06-2005, 18:59

Special request to Rik: can the Sipahi be renamed to Milfhunter? This to increase the experience of the game [tongue]
Hold on a sec - that would mean that if you start a war with us we'd be the Milfs! [eek]
But I still had a penis last time I checked! [rant]

Edit: Actually, we would not be Milfs but of course Mylfs.

romeothemonk
29-06-2005, 19:25
Can we get a civ list vs team list. It is highly probable that team engineer would like to name their UU as well.
We still don't know our civ, but will probably call our UU Milton.
If you could do that, that would be great, mmmmmmkkay.

Remember markstar, hunters are not always sucessful. [fdevil]
Since there will be some milfhunters out in a pretty sausage infested forum, well, time for some REAL JUSTICE. [slap] We will [slap] them good and [slap] them hard, then [slap] them because we feel like it.

grahamiam
29-06-2005, 19:49
uh, romeo, we're the French. look back a page ;)

romeothemonk
29-06-2005, 19:54

uh, romeo, we're the French. look back a page ;)

Do not bother me with details. [aargh]

Hello Napoleon. [charge]

Edit: I forgot that this is an international forum, and as such will remove any insults perceived or otherwise to real life nationalities. My apologies.

Beam
29-06-2005, 20:23
We'll just put a flag over your face and deny you the use of vaseline. [evil]

Milton, I suggest Milfton. ;)

romeothemonk
29-06-2005, 21:11
Watch your cornhole Peter Man.
Excuse me I believe you have my stapler.
I could put strychnine in the Guacamole.
For anyone that doesn't know the origins of Milton, or some of the previous quotes I suggest the following.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/

digger760
30-06-2005, 10:06
[quoteAnyways, gmail has no pop3 access (for Outlook Express) and yahoo only allows it for premium users. But there are some german providers that allow direct pop3 access so I could set one up...
[/quote]

Whats this premium thing about yahoo, i have 100Mb of yahoo pop3 access for free.

Markstar
30-06-2005, 10:50
quote:Originally posted by digger760

Whats this premium thing about yahoo, i have 100Mb of yahoo pop3 access for free.
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-40.html
quote:The ability to access Yahoo! Mail via a POP3 email client (such as Outlook or Outlook Express) is only available to customers of our premium Yahoo! Mail Plus service. ...

Rik Meleet
30-06-2005, 13:29
Update:
The final map is ready. The civs are on the map. I'm playtesting to see where minor adjustments are needed.
If you have special requests; for instance UU-renaming; now is the time to ask. I hope to release the game before or during the weekend; depending how balanced everything turns out to be.

You can reach me on MSN as well in the evenings (GMT). rikmeleet -at- hotmail.com

P.S. I'd like to be included in the saved games emailing. That way I can follow the game and -in case it is needed- skip a turn if the team is not availble for playing.
Email for that is RikCiv -at- gmail.com

Markstar
30-06-2005, 17:02
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2005630165954_Civant_Flag.JPG

The Civant Alliance also has its own email address [cool] :
civantalliance_at_gmx.net

Markstar
30-06-2005, 20:22
So who should I (we?) contact about the turn tracker?
Matrix, isn't it your site? Do you need help with anything?

grahamiam
30-06-2005, 20:38
Romeo -> mattjakeTAgwtcTODnet
Bedhead ->jdmcbrTAgmailTODcom
grahamiam ->gramiamTAgmailTODcom

and if the multi email thing doesn't work, we can use teamengineerTAgmailTODcom

smalltalk
30-06-2005, 21:04
and if the multi email thing doesn't work, we can use teamengineerTAgmailTODcom

The multi email thing should work. I posted the necessary changes in the old thread in general discusions.

romeothemonk
30-06-2005, 21:35
Quick question for anyone, are there barbs and/or goody huts? I haven't seen it mentioned here.

grahamiam
30-06-2005, 21:45
Markstar left the barbs up to the mapmaker, but suggested that we should have some level of them.

Matrix
30-06-2005, 22:20
Hey, I thought I replied on this. [confused]

Anyway, smalltalk got it to work. [goodjob] However, I don't have time to implement it until monday, so we'll have to send the games manually until then. That is, if the game is running before that time.

Rik Meleet
30-06-2005, 22:44
quote:Originally posted by romeothemonk

Quick question for anyone, are there barbs and/or goody huts? I haven't seen it mentioned here.
At the moment there are no goody huts on the map, level = Emperor and barbs are roaming, but no barb camps; so they just spawn during the game. Since there are no expansionist civs, I think not having goody huts will do fine. I am experiencing something weird with the editor; it doesn't show any barb-camps nor goody huts if I place them on the map. In the game itself they are present on the location I put them. If you want barb camps and goody huts, this editor bug makes it so that I can't guarantee the balance of them.

Hey, I thought I replied on this. [confused]

Anyway, smalltalk got it to work. [goodjob] However, I don't have time to implement it until monday, so we'll have to send the games manually until then. That is, if the game is running before that time.
It's in the finishing stages. With a little luck the game can start friday.

Markstar
30-06-2005, 22:51
quote:If you want barb camps and goody huts, ...As I said before - it is up to you. Even though I had hoped NOT to know about it specifically. *sigh*

romeothemonk
30-06-2005, 22:52
Actually I was hoping for no barbs, but I will settle for randomly appearing barbs. It kinda sucks when you are playing a PBEM, have a tundra not fully settled and get the horde of the end of the age barbs that loot all your gold. Just wanted too make sure that didn't happen here, as we will be busy elsewhere. I think we will be busy slapping the milfhunters around.

Rik Meleet
01-07-2005, 22:59
Everything is ready to start. Except I ran into 1 tiny bug.

For 1 team I cannot get the civ info in the F4 screen. All other 7 teams are fine. I'd like to have that correct, (if someone knows what the reason is; please tell me) but if that can't be fixed quickly; I suggest to start. The bug is not game-influencing; contacts and trades all work. It's just annoying.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Rik Meleet/200571225259_16problem.JPG
31.58KB

Beam
01-07-2005, 23:11
Rik, just send me the biq with the map completely cleared and I can have a look. It will be a bit of a puzzle btw so will need some time. Worst case we will have to restart but if it is after a few turns and we agree we do an exact replay it should not be much of an issue since the very first turns can take a lot of time in decision making etc.

Rik Meleet
01-07-2005, 23:14
ok, coming right up.

Rik Meleet
01-07-2005, 23:53
Problem solved.
It turned out to be the choice of color for the civ [???]

Anyway game starts soon.

Rik Meleet
02-07-2005, 01:30
And here it is:

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif 8 teams, turn001a.zip (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Rik Meleet/20057212653_8 teams, turn001a.zip)
66.47KB

Team Engineer is first
Team Killers is second
Team Brotherhood of Nod is third
The A-team is fourth
Team Milfhunters is fifth
Team Gremlins is sixth
Team Metal is seventh
And team Civant Alliance is eigth.

Please include my emailaddress when you send out the save. RikCiv -at- gmail.com. Reason = I won't have to ask for saves to send to me in case a situation asks for a review or a turn needs to be skipped.

Have fun and: Make nice spoilers !

-- Rik

Banzai
02-07-2005, 09:37
w00t
Thanks Rik :)

bed_head7
02-07-2005, 09:54
Okay, I have been looking around for Lt. Killer or Matrix's e-mail addy, but failed on both fronts. Once I get one (or both) the save will be on the way.

Matrix
02-07-2005, 13:16
I PMed our e-mail addresses. :)

Markstar, could you update the first page? I don't even know who is in which team!

So I also don't know who to send it to next turn.

Rik Meleet
02-07-2005, 13:24
Playorderr, teamnames and players:

1 - Engineer = Romeothemonk + Grahamiam + Bed_head7
2 - Killers = Matrix + Killer
3 - B'hood of Nod = Eldakkar + Kemal
4 - A-team = Barbu1977 + Melifluous
5 - Milfhunters = Beam + Kingreno
6 - Gremlins = Kryszctov + Darkness + Banzai
7 - The Civant A. = Markstar + Whomp
8 - Team Metal = Bathsheba666 + Ville

Markstar
02-07-2005, 13:37

Markstar, could you update the first page? I don't even know who is in which team!

So I also don't know who to send it to next turn.
Edited the first post so it displays all information now.

Now, could every team PM the preceding team the email address(es) where they want the save to go to? Of course posting it here is also an option. :)

Matrix
02-07-2005, 14:25
Rik & Markstar, thanks! :)

Matrix
04-07-2005, 00:39
In an incidental chat with Kemal it appeared he never got the savegame I sent him, so he just has it now. [sad]

Be patient for the Turn Tracker. ;)

Markstar
04-07-2005, 05:19
Just as a reminder - for the turn tracker to work we still need valid email addresses from every team...

Darkness
04-07-2005, 09:22
So, to whom do I sent the email adress for team Gremlins, to be included in the turn tracker?

Markstar
04-07-2005, 09:43
For now, just send it to bathsheba666 (aston001_at_gotadsl.co.uk) until we know what happened to Ville...

Melifluous
04-07-2005, 12:13
Email for the 'A-Team' at the moment is mine

stevebroad2002_at_hotmail.com

I can also forward to Barbu until we get together today (when he wakes up [:p]) and we decide what to do about it [:P]

Melifluous

Was in Sweden [:P]

Our email is teammetal at gmail.com

Markstar
04-07-2005, 17:57
quote:Originally posted by Ville

Was in Sweden [:P]

Our email is teammetal at gmail.com
[goodjob] Added.

Still 3 teams that did not supply an email address (at least not to my knowledge). [help] Actually it's 4 but I just added the ones from Killer and Matrix that I had. [fdevil] There is no need for me to have them as long as Matrix does (so he can enter them into the turn tracker).

Edit: Argh - why is my font so big - I did NOT use any size-tags and it looks fine in the preview? [confused]

Kemal
04-07-2005, 22:56
Sorry for the slight miscommunications with Matrix, turn will be sent to the A-Team now.

For now, the Brotherhood of Nod can be contacted at kemalATcqp.nl.

Darkness
05-07-2005, 08:35
@Markstar/Matrix: The email for team Gremlins is: teamgremlins_at_yahoo.com

So, turntracker experts, is it now also possible to add multiple recipients for the save? So we can all add our own email adress and that we don't have to monitor multiple accounts?

Melifluous
05-07-2005, 12:11
Can someone give me a link/tutorial on the turntracker?

I've never had cause to use it and it sounds ideal...

Melifluous

bed_head7
05-07-2005, 12:16
It is simply a way of sending saves from player to player, in addition to keeping a log so if the game lags, the cause of the delay is known.

Here (http://www.straland.com/turntracker/ddpp.php) is the link

Darkness
05-07-2005, 13:00
Yes, but how does it work? Does one simply upload the save and then the turn tracker will send it to the mailbox(es) of the next player(s)?

Beam
05-07-2005, 13:18

Yes, but how does it work? Does one simply upload the save and then the turn tracker will send it to the mailbox(es) of the next player(s)?

Yes

barbu1977
05-07-2005, 13:23
My E-mail adress is the same as the one of my MSN adress in my profile.

Darkness
05-07-2005, 13:26
Thanks Beam.
Now IIRC I read somewhere that Smalltalk managed to reprogram the turn tracker for multiple recipients, right?

So:

So, turntracker experts, is it now also possible to add multiple recipients for the save? So we can all add our own email adress and that we don't have to monitor multiple accounts?

Markstar
05-07-2005, 14:23
Yesterday Matrix said we'd have to be patient so I guess we'll have to be just that.

Darkness
05-07-2005, 14:26

Yesterday Matrix said we'd have to be patient so I guess we'll have to be just that.

Ah, well, I didn't see that... [blush2]

I'll go be patient now... ;)

Markstar
05-07-2005, 15:08
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2892

barbu1977
08-07-2005, 13:25
my mail adress is mcks01, not mcks1

Team Metal wants another player. Bathsheba666 is away and I'm bloody busy...

PM me, if you're interested

Grs got it :)

classical_hero
21-08-2005, 17:14
Are other players allowed to play, because if a team wants me, I can play?

Matrix
22-08-2005, 00:34
Join us! :D (Killer and me.)

Lt. Killer M
22-08-2005, 10:20
yeah, we can use a third, methinks!

Markstar
22-08-2005, 13:30
So grs joins Team Metal and Classical Hero joins the Killers?

classical_hero
22-08-2005, 15:52
I would not mind being a natural born killer. :D

Markstar
29-08-2005, 05:06
I was just wondering if everything worked out alright with the two new members and if they had a warm welcome by their new teams :) (and also of course if Classical Hero is really with Killers now or joined the Milfhunters after all).