View Full Version : CFC ISDG subforum now public

Matrix
31-05-2005, 00:44
Open to read, but not to write. [tongue]
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114

Have fun. ;)

Markstar
31-05-2005, 01:14
Hmm, some interesting stuff there. It's kinda sad, really, since from the threads that I read (admittedly, the most recent ones) it's obvious that there were a lot of hard feelings and I know I wouldn't want to be a part of that team.

Pastorius
31-05-2005, 08:33
At first, I quoted Chieftess from one of the sticky threads.
Then I thought that it may seem like gloating from my side. I did not want to offend anyone, so I removed it.

And I thought about it, and found that it is better to leave it be.

So here is Chieftess (using a slightly different smiley face, but same code):

quote:The other teams must be laughing at how AI-like we are. ;)

My intentions with this quote was that I was thinking it was an interesting comment, seing as much of Fanatican defense were military police, etc

Darkness
31-05-2005, 09:39
[rotfl]

How some CFC-ers view CDZ and its' origins...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=118453&page=2&pp=20

Slilly people... [lol]

Pastorius
31-05-2005, 09:55
Since some of our members cannot be arsed to follow links ([:p]):

quote:Hygro:
Oh hush, CDZ is a bunch of fanaticans that don't like how OT is moderated. I almost joined their team in the first place... one of three reasons I didn't was because I had already signed for this team

quote:
Provolution/K:
CDZ is all about political correctness and moral relativism, not possible to make fun remarks there unless these are infantile.
quote:GA:
I would think CDZ is the opposite Provolution ...

quote:Matrix quoting Provolution:
And I am the pope

[lol]

BTW - the opposite of Political correctness and moral relativism, is that:

- Political uncorrectness and moral absolutism?

I ve always wondered about that :D

Darkness
31-05-2005, 10:27
[crazyeye] CFC actually tried to use the active users feature at CDZ to try and see what we were up to... http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=111038

Darkness
31-05-2005, 10:57
I am on a picture at CFC with some CFC team members. (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=105079)

Great! There goes my spotless record at a model CDZ ISDG citizen... ;) [lol]

These CFC ISDG forums are a great read! (and I am seeing Kemal and Paali browsing there too ;))

Pastorius
31-05-2005, 11:04
There was talking about Rik potentially being embarrased to talk to fellow CDZers if CFC and CDZ went to war, and this was posted:

quote:Akots:
This is probably a minor point for CDZ since they play many PBEMs with each other there and hammer each other pretty badly all the time. But none seriously takes these things personally. Actually, the better you hammer, the better is your relationship. They mostly favor good and honorable play and pay little attention whether they lose or win. I like this attitude and find it fair. Just like in chess. There is no shame in losing to a stronger player. Well, here we get some poker with them having four of a kind and us having a pair right from the start. Still, no shame in losing.

Well put I must say, and I bolded what I liked the most.

Edit: let me add that I love the expression Krys has in that picture :)

Melifluous
31-05-2005, 11:06
That's a great thread.

I like K's quote

quote:
rumor has it that the Cat runs CDZ relations directly. I wonder what web-cam maneuvers a 36 year old Brazillian lady can do a week after Carnival to the unsuspecting souls of British and Dutch CDZ officials in a frozen Europe.

[groucho]

Melifluous

Pastorius
31-05-2005, 11:11
Too bad about the majority view of game settings: Poll on UN game start settings (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=74052)

I really wish we could have had a fairer map. It would have eliminated all the whining, and we would still beat them [mischief]

Melifluous
31-05-2005, 11:25
Nope changed my mind again.

Maybe I thought K was ok, but now I think he is a really cool guy

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2657559&postcount=8

I know akots can be annoying enough sometimes to piss off the dead, but this just sucked.

I am glad CFC didn't make the final. The final really does not need children in it who can not bear to lose.

Melifluous

Pastorius
31-05-2005, 11:32
Agreed. I am surprised he was not warned, or banned even for such a statement. Kudos to Akots for rising above such insults.

Stockholm syndrome - isnt that related to hostages and terrorists?

Does that mean that Akots was a hostage and the CDZ team were terrorists? [lol]

So many questions [crazyeye]

Melifluous
31-05-2005, 11:34
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

I know I feel like a pervert in a barrel full of titties.

Melifluous

Matrix
31-05-2005, 12:19
Whoever Provolution is, I still think it's unfair to call CFC the justified loser, just because of one person. And with openly accusing him as the sole reason for CFC's loss, you kinda support his unwillingness to admit his fault and make him not being able to bear to lose.

No, especially in the end he wasn't my biggest friend either. But I still pity him.

Pastorius
31-05-2005, 12:21
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Whoever Provolution is, I still think it's unfair to call CFC the justified loser, just because of one person. And with openly accusing him as the sole reason for CFC's loss, you kinda support his unwillingness to admit his fault and make him not being able to bear to lose.

No, especially in the end he wasn't my biggest friend either. But I still pity him.

Huh? Where? What?

Ginger_Ale
31-05-2005, 12:52
Indeed Provolution is confused in many places.

CDZ a place of political correctness? Far from it!

CFC did make some critical mistakes, but oh well, if I can I'll grab a spot with CDZ for the final ISDG.

Markstar
31-05-2005, 12:53
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

I know I feel like a pervert in a barrel full of titties.

Melifluous
[rotfl]

Anyways, I don't think the CDZers think CFC deserved to lose just because of Provolution. For me, it's more about what is says about a team when a guy like this is given a position like that. But personally, I didn't like the attitude of several CFC members who obviously thought they were/are superior human beings/civ players. And I just don't appreciate arrogance.

Kemal
31-05-2005, 13:07
I must say I'm sort of disappointed with the read.. are you sure this is the complete forum Matrix?

It seems like lots of info missing, I can't find any analyzing (except c3b military intel) or diplomatic logs except the formal intersite chats.. :(

I know I had at least like a dozen of long 1-on-1 chats with K, all containing info from both sides, for example with regard to the privateering issue, which I can't find anything about in this forum. Other CDZ-ers have made such chats too..

It's nice to see though that from the very start, it seems cfc felt the need to take out CDZ, or at least felt CDZ was the team to worry about the most, though it puzzles me why people felt that way at cfc.

At the start of the game,
By Hygro:
quote:
Oh, and if we want and ally CDZ is the way to go! Either that, or eliminate them first.

By Donovan Zoi:
quote:
CDZ - Iroquois(Mounted Warrior)

With a name like the "Killer Wabbits, " my guess is that they do not plan to make many friends this game. Plus, since almost all the CDZ notables have in essence "defected" from CFC, they might get particular satisfaction out of removing us from the game. And if they are able to build their UU, they will be quite formidable.

In facing the Mounted Warrior, I believe that the best plan would be to bunker down, and take out any comers. I would also recommend a strong road network around our perimeter cities, so we have a chance to pick off their Mounted Warriors and retreat to safety. A few units sentried on nearby mountains will scout any ambush from CDZ.

By far and away, this is the team I am most worried about. Hopefully we can implement Hygro's plans to earn their begrudging respect, if not beat them outright. Only by holding our own can an alliance with CDZ even be considered.

By Emperor Napoleon:
quote:
We need an alliance aginst CDZ at all costs, even if it means allying with GCA. I do not think milatary will be our best option. I say that our focus should be science with some other nations helping us with lower tech units. We should reaserch techs ourselves and give none away.

Seems we were somewhat feared by CFC right from the start, I guess we can all take that as a compliment here. :)

Lt. Killer M
31-05-2005, 13:08
well, k's an arrogant asshole whine, we knew that.

But that is not the only reason I think CFC unfit for the finals. Rather, they elected and trusted him - dumb! THAT is a reason to eliminate them.

Pastorius
31-05-2005, 13:13
Kemal, I suppose it would be logical to take away the worst potential sources for flamewars. ;) So you may be right about "missing" threads.

Ok, it may be that I am wrong, since it is still possible to flame on other messageboards, and there is still some posts there that are highly questionable if you ask me. I guess Matrix or Rik will clear out this for us...

But in total, most of this info is fun or interesting. It weighs up for the share of the forum that is full of hard feelings and such

Kemal
31-05-2005, 13:30
Hmm, after some further reading, if the following statement made on the cfc forum is true, it seems no threads are missing...

quote:
The turnplayer even created an internal caste system where the turnplayer surrounded himself with a court of 2-3 loyalists and ignored/berated the rest. We were not allowed to post warplans in the forums, polling these were outright rejected or filibustered with slogans from the GOTM community on how "Oh so invincible and oh so brilliant they were" (The Russian hacker from the Bond Movie "Golden Eye" springs to mind).

Really a shame as I was very much interested in the way CFC was going to tackle C3B, after all that is what they were claiming all the time right from the start when they met us. So far, reading the forum as an outsider, there was never a coherent plan at all though.

Melifluous
31-05-2005, 13:38

Whoever Provolution is, I still think it's unfair to call CFC the justified loser, just because of one person.

We didn't say you were the justified losers.

Just that K was an wholy unpleasant person who seemed (from the posts at CFC) to be lying to you guys about what he had actually agreed with us. It would appear from the posts we can see that "Full disclosure" of MSN chats was not something that you did?

Pr0nvolution just seems to appear in threads and say "CDZ have agreed to this and that" and everyone else just cheered.

Odd.

We love you though Matrix, and akots and GA and any others that want to join CDZ. Hell I'm all for inviting Provolution here, I have no personal grudges in this game

Melifluous

Matrix
31-05-2005, 13:43
http://www.straland.com/images/smilies/jawdrop.gif

Kemal, where is that quote coming from?!
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M

well, k's an arrogant asshole whine, we knew that.

But that is not the only reason I think CFC unfit for the finals. Rather, they elected and trusted him - dumb! THAT is a reason to eliminate them.
True. I kinda fell asleep at a certain point. Provolution was rabbling so much I thought "Oh well, he must be having great ideas and plans." I couldn't stay interested in the game for so long.

Concerning C3B: we indeed had great plans; "the eternal alliance". Later on it became more and more obvious that they were planning to deceive us. It actually already started with gaining much more from all the negotiations than us, just because we didn't want to insult them, and keep being friendly with them. Later on we discovered their plans to attack us. I can't remember them. Poor excuse, I know - I've searched the subforum and can't find it back. Of course so much has been said, I can't reread it all.

Even now I'm thinking why I didn't bother to search for the evidence to show it to you, because back then it was still fresh in my memory. It could've made such a huge difference. But then again, none of the CFC-folks did. Stupid silly laziness.

Matrix
31-05-2005, 13:45
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

I have no personal grudges in this game
[goodjob]

Pastorius
31-05-2005, 13:47
I m with the spam fairy
[love]

Kemal
31-05-2005, 13:54

http://www.straland.com/images/smilies/jawdrop.gif

Kemal, where is that quote coming from?!

Ehm, from your forum of course ;):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=115402

It is a part of post no6.

Lt. Killer M
31-05-2005, 14:06

True. I kinda fell asleep at a certain point. Provolution was rabbling so much I thought "Oh well, he must be having great ideas and plans." I couldn't stay interested in the game for so long.

well, you fell asleep - others cheered him on. And that makes them unfit - you MUST keep control of the TEAM wiht the TEAM ;)

personally, I look forward to have you on the team, matrix :D

Pastorius
31-05-2005, 14:09
It is a tad ironic, that the turnplayer, implicitly accused of bringing GOTM strategies into multiplayer gaming, has proven that he also can play a decent PBEM or two. When I say GOTM strategies, I think the quote meant to imply that GOTM tactics and such is best for single player games against an AI and hopeless against a human.

Given that I have yet to see the accusators PBEM history, if any I will direct your attention to the following fine play.

http://civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2281
http://civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2051
http://civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2045

If I was the one to present such a passage as what Kemal quoted, I would have made sure to go to CDZ to check out his PBEM forum to see what kind of multiplayer experience he had first.

Now, I must say he (akots) has a weird preference for no-AI games, but I guess we all have our quirks [:p]

Edit: added some lines of text

Matrix
31-05-2005, 14:24
@Kemal, since Provolution posted it I'm less concerned. ;)

Of course, inevitably, turn players have some people in higher regards than other people. You gotta choose which advise to follow, and in such cases it's usually the same person you follow.

akots
31-05-2005, 17:02
quote:Originally posted by Kemal
I must say I'm sort of disappointed with the read.. are you sure this is the complete forum Matrix?

It seems like lots of info missing, I can't find any analyzing (except c3b military intel) or diplomatic logs except the formal intersite chats.. ...

After the Joker case and probably before when it was rather clear that C3B has some extra info, all discussions were moved to chats. Especially recruitment of rcoutme was very helpful since I was able to discuss with him the layout of the game extensively.

akots
31-05-2005, 17:06
... It's nice to see though that from the very start, it seems cfc felt the need to take out CDZ, or at least felt CDZ was the team to worry about the most, though it puzzles me why people felt that way at cfc. ...

This was a point of view of only some CFC members. The polls indicated the opposite.

akots
31-05-2005, 17:08
Ehm, from your forum of course ;):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=115402

You are not taking CT seriously, I hope? [confused]

[lol]

Also remember it is CFC, and one cannot argue there with moderators especially with CT. You just get yourself banned...

Rik Meleet
31-05-2005, 17:21

It seems like lots of info missing, I can't find any analyzing (except c3b military intel) or diplomatic logs except the formal intersite chats.. :(I can assure you that to my knowledge no threads or posts have been deleted or editted prior to opening of the forum to withhold the info to other teams. I do notice that no threads exist of before May 31st 2004 - it seems the forum auto-deletes those posts after 1 year, but that is not what you are referring to.

EDIT: after more checking; even the threads form 1 year ago are still there if you try this link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114&page=11&sort=lastpost&order=&pp=45&daysprune=600

Attachments may have gone as they are all uploaded from the personal attachment-space CFC-members have and if that member decides to delete them from their member-profile; they won't be visible in the threads anymore.

I can't remember in what way logs of chats you are referring to were submitted; if they were uploaded as personal attachments; they can be deleted by the member to whose profile they are attached to as well. If they were submitted as texts and copy-pasted into posts; they are still there.

Lt. Killer M
31-05-2005, 17:25
after 1 year, posts are archived usually at CFC - it should, if someone wants them, be possible to get them back.

akots
31-05-2005, 17:28
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet
Attachments may have gone as they are all uploaded from the personal attachment-space CFC-members have and if that member decides to delete them from their member-profile; they won't be visible in the threads anymore.

I have not deleted anything yet. But soon would have to. Others, I have no idea...

Regarding the threads before May 31st, just select "From the beginning" option on Display options and you get them all, nothing is auto-deleted imo. ;)

Kemal
31-05-2005, 17:48
CT = Chieftess I suppose?

The actual post I quoted was, as Matrix said, made by Provolution/K.

Beam
31-05-2005, 17:48
Spam fairy in action: [lol]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/2005531174826_spamfairy.jpg
40.54KB

Shabbaman
31-05-2005, 17:52
Nice read.

Pastorius
31-05-2005, 17:53
Wow. Old school arrow [goodjob] :D

Beam
31-05-2005, 18:13
CDZ first contact thread, good read:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=104936&page=1&pp=20

Best quote from the thread by cheetah: quote:This event can turn everything around. Everything...

That's what it did. ;)

Whomp
31-05-2005, 20:15
I'm just a SG guy who's learning how to PBEM. I don't get all this politics stuff in the demo games. Can someone summarize what happened.
Why the bitterness at CFC? Is CFC finished? Are the demo games this political? Are they this way here too?

I think if I were to join something like this CDZ would be a better place to participate. There's more of a family atmosphere here. Here it's like giving your brother shit but you still love him all the same.

Kingreno
31-05-2005, 21:27
wow and we thought we had discussions that were counterproductive...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=104989

Ginger_Ale
31-05-2005, 21:36
Are there any plans to make CDZ's ISDG forum public?

Pastorius
31-05-2005, 21:47
ehm. we seem to have lost that forum somewhere (yeah, that's the ticket)

Wow. That whole people vs Rik thread sure got stopped quickly with that last post. Bold byzantine-coloured letters.

Whomp
31-05-2005, 21:49
Who wrote this letter? Now that is funny!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=115159

Shabbaman
31-05-2005, 22:19
quote:Originally posted by Ginger_Ale

There's a plan not to make it public.

Darkness
31-05-2005, 22:35
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

Who wrote this letter? Now that is funny!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=115159

I fear I may be to blame for parts of that... [blush2] ;) :D

Shabbaman
31-05-2005, 22:37
Besides, they missed the whole spanish inquisition part. While they were still focused on the rabbit, our mounted warriors took them by surprise. Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!

Kingreno
31-05-2005, 23:11
quote:Originally posted by Ginger_Ale

Yes! YES! I plan to sell all to the highest bidder.

akots
31-05-2005, 23:28
quote:Originally posted by Darkness
... I fear I may be to blame for parts of that...

I thought it came from this autocomplaint-generating website. ;)

Darkness
31-05-2005, 23:37
quote:Originally posted by akots

quote:Originally posted by Darkness
... I fear I may be to blame for parts of that...

I thought it came from this autocomplaint-generating website. ;)

You mean CFC? Or some other site? [mischief] ;)

Pastorius
31-05-2005, 23:44
[rotfl]

ProPain
01-06-2005, 01:18
Read a few threads, nothing really amazing so far. Kinda struck by the 'map modding poll'. Ironic twist of fate that we vote for modding and end up in a good location, whereas CFC votes for minimal modding and is screwed locationwise.

ProPain
01-06-2005, 01:44
archive can be found here : http://forums.civfanatics.com/archive/index.php/f-114.html

It contains the threads with the first turns. I;m now at turn 10 and I'm amazed by the way they played the turns. I had expected way more micromanagement from CFC. Makes us look like freaks in comparison....

And finally a quote that I ripped out of context, but I thought it was quite funny.
quote:Emp.Napoleon
Land will be usefull to show our strength aginst teams such as CDZ and intimidate them.

ProPain
01-06-2005, 02:06
turn 11 quotes:
quote:
D.Z.: Here are the top 5 cities. In a troubling development, CDZ's city has already reached Size 3!
Ankka: CDZ must have got floodplains with wheat for that growth... luckily if it so, the production is worse.

Iirc we didnt have floodplains+wheat, just cow on grass.

turn 17 - interesting discussion between akots and gainybo

Grille
01-06-2005, 04:57
Stumbled across a rare CDZ-CFC similarity (kinda catch-22, lol). Someone noticed the GCA cap name on F11. We have a winner for the 2004 precognition award:[lol]
quote:turn 2 discussion, by deshelbr:
Catchopolis???
They already had to abandon that city once.
They are just asking for it. We are going to make that a very unlucky city name.

Except that we got lucky earlier, but who cares.
Me thinks someone will keenly fight for the pros and completly ignore the cons of 1-tile-island starting locations in the next (possible) UN pre-game discussion...

Pastorius
01-06-2005, 12:41
Nice replay Matrix [goodjob]

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=117990

I especially like the way the red area suddenly becomes pink and teal [mischief]

grahamiam
01-06-2005, 14:00
do you guys realize that they are asking for team info at the UN for the new game? CDZ is the only team not to reply.

http://www.evo-games.net/Home/viewtopic.php?t=721&sid=bde40a5f60172a7d8e8c506ea6561e11

Lt. Killer M
01-06-2005, 14:23
thanx, grahamiam :D

Lt. Killer M
01-06-2005, 14:30
replied:
quote:
a bit confusing to me - which forum where is now the UN and what isn't? I had to register for the THIRD time now.....

We are a bit busy atm checking out the old fora and debaeting a few issues we @ CDZ have with the final. I suspect that we will require a few rule clarifications before we are ready to play, but please take note of the 'I suspect' in this statement.

As for now I can't give a definitive team spokesman, but for now I think I can agree to take the job provisionally.

team spokesmen (provisionally): Lt Killer M
team roster: being collected atm
team email: ISDG AT civ3duelzone.com (IIRC, will check and update)

Please, can we get this rabble together into a proper Miffymob?

Matrix
01-06-2005, 15:35
Time to make a new sign-up thread, don't you think? ;)

Lt. Killer M
01-06-2005, 15:40
Paal already did this ;)

EDIT: sorry, I see it is only a re-signup for those already members...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2770