PDA

View Full Version : National Cup results.

Melifluous
25-05-2005, 12:00
Well I just about scraped though my first cup match.

It was gonna be tight, I PIC'ed anyways...

I win in extra-time [crazyeye]

quote:
Goals 'n' Roses - Meli's Manglers 1 - 2 [HT Live] Hattrick Hall of Fame (match) hattriX-Ray live! (played matches) hattriX-Ray head to head (played matches) [Add this match to your bookmarks]

View game: HT Live Hattrick Hall of Fame (match) hattriX-Ray live! (played matches) hattriX-Ray head to head (played matches)
Date: 24/05/2005 at 21.00
MatchID: 39918310
Arena: Goals 'n' Roses Arena
Crowd: 7000

7000 spectators arrived at Goals 'n' Roses Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Goals started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Lode - Clark, Läfland, Menon - Quigley-Parks, Imbabi, Mirza, Bryde Andersen, Hurman - Liard, Rhook.

Manglers started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Becerra - Carrol, Bryan, Castellanos - Quigley-Parks, de Klaver, Sprengen, Mottram, Dzhugashvili - van de Duin, Eriksson.

Many thought Irwin Liard ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 3rd minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Félix Becerra. Manglers had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 26:th minute when Tomas H. Eriksson came up alone against Gert Lode who managed a block. Ronny Läfland seemed to be floating in the air at will as he elegantly headed in 1-0. The previous Goals corner kick was executed by Irwin Liard. A really bad tackle inside the penalty area in the 32nd minute gave the referee no other choice but to award visiting Manglers the penalty shot. Xavio van de Duin knocked home 1 - 1. In the 35th minute, Manglers's Anton Dzhugashvili received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Manglers had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 38:th minute when Xavio van de Duin came up alone against Gert Lode who managed a block. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Manglers, with an impressive 62 percent possession of the ball.

Manglers had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 46:th minute when Anton Dzhugashvili came up alone against Gert Lode who managed a block. Manglers's Erdem de Klaver could have put the guests one up in the 52th minute, chasing a through ball but Gert Lode was fast as a snake, grabbing the ball from under his nose. 66 minutes into the game a free kick combination hooked into the box almost resulted in the home team taking the lead, but the last header went wide. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 72 percent possession rate.

After the regular 90 minutes, the agony of overtime followed. In the 93rd minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Xavio van de Duin put the ball away for 1 - 2. This put an end to extra time, making Manglers the winners. The most dominating Goals player was without a doubt Gert Lode. Garry Clark was a disappointment, however. Most important Manglers player was Erdem de Klaver. Andy Quigley-Parks was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 2.

Phew...

Melifluous

Dell19
25-05-2005, 12:50
quote:Giant Gnomes - Wartham United 5 - 3 [HT Live] Hattrick Hall of Fame (match) hattriX-Ray live! (played matches) hattriX-Ray head to head (played matches) [Add this match to your bookmarks]

View game: HT Live Hattrick Hall of Fame (match) hattriX-Ray live! (played matches) hattriX-Ray head to head (played matches)
Date: 24/05/2005 at 21.00
MatchID: 39918949
Arena: Giant Gnomes Arena
Crowd: 19423

A brilliantly sunny day had enticed a crowd of 19423 to Giant Gnomes Arena. Gnomes started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Bjørgo - Moore, Vaidyanathan, Ballach - Kast, Bertels, Guy, Del Campo, Gellot - Lensing, Kortmann.

Wartham had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. Lineup: Gray - Matthews, Feyko, Budd - Mika, Laporte, Gabriel, Hillerup - Kneale, Ryan, Smets.

Gnomes saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 13th minute goal by Ralph Kortmann for Gnomes, putting them ahead 1 - 0. The referee showed Wartham's Gert Hillerup the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. After 22 minutes Warthams Gert Hillerup had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. (5 week injury) George Crook came in instead of him. The visitors almost came back with an equaliser in the 22nd minute after a good combination down the middle, but as Matthew Ryan was to put closure on the raid he couldn´t deliver a shot hard enough to seriously challenge the keeper. Jacques Gellot was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Ralph Kortmann managed to kick one of them into 2 - 0 in the 29:th minute. Several players seemed a little dazed by the warm weather, and were repeatedly tricked by the clever and agile David Lensing. A bit later Wartham's Chris Kneale easily reduced to 2 - 1 after a misunderstanding in the home sides central defense line. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 1. Gnomes held the ball, with a clear 57 percent possession rate.

Wartham levelled the score in the 52nd minute at 2 - 2, as Matthew Ryan struck home after a fine midfield combination, leaving him completely unmarked. In the 64:th minute Geerard Bertels almost put the home team one ahead on a cross pass coming in from the right, but the shot went wide. In the 70th minute, Wartham's George Crook received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. The 72nd minute saw the home team take a 3 - 2 lead after a leak in the visitors right side defense. Scorer for Gnomes was David Lensing. A header from Peter Ballach connected with a corner kick after 78 minutes, and the ball ended up with Robert Guy of Gnomes who shot the 4-2 goal. In the 79:th minute Gnomes put themselves up 5 - 2. The visitors defenders lost the ball to David Lensing coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. Gnomes's Mahesa Vaidyanathan got himself booked after a foul. Guy Smets went down after a savage challenge, but could keep on playing after some medical attention. A bit later Wartham's Matthew Ryan easily reduced to 5 - 3 after a misunderstanding in the home sides central defense line. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Gnomes, with an impressive 53 percent possession of the ball.

Gnomes's best player was Robert Guy. Luis Del Campo on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Wartham player was Guy Smets. However, Allen Gray made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 5 - 3.

Oh yeah!

4 seasons, once past the first round.

grs
25-05-2005, 17:03
Lost my cup game yesterday - quite as expected, since the other team was a league higher.

quote:View game: HT Live
Date: 24.05.2005 at 18:00
MatchID: 39889351
Arena: Grünclub Arena
Crowd: 1882

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 1882 at Grünclub Arena today. Fans from both teams had been eagerly awaiting this Nordrhein-Westfalen derby and were doing their best to outshout their opponents. Grünclub had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Xidas - Huttunen, Wachtler, Fetsch - Kirste, Valenta, Varvatos, Wilderer - Muuss, Braèanov, Saucken.

HorstsSohnSeinTeam started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Baumeister - Beckmann, Koppelbarg, Plörre - Sturbusch, Schmidt, Hytha, Clesius, Sözer - Brockmann, Bajan.

Grünclub clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their talent for it. HorstsSohnSeinTeam seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. HorstsSohnSeinTeam took the lead in the games 6:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Jens Brockmann was the scorer. Grünclub had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to solid. Claus Clesius received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 34:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. The referee showed HorstsSohnSeinTeam's Hansi Plörre the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Grünclub´s Leif Valenta refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 37:th minute. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. HorstsSohnSeinTeam, bringing the final ball possession rate to 71 percent, dominated the battle.

The Grünclub players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization and regained a solid organisation. Grünclub appeared unsure on how to play and their organisation was only inadequate. HorstsSohnSeinTeam increased the lead to 0 - 2 as Leon Sturbusch scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. Grünclub's Marcus Wachtler got himself booked after a foul. Claus Clesius was, after 86 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Tellis Xidas saved. Grünclub seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the weak level of organisation. Claus Clesius came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Tellis Xidas, hitting the bar. HorstsSohnSeinTeam´s Jens Brockmann received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 89:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 3. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by HorstsSohnSeinTeam, with an impressive 83 percent possession of the ball.

Grünclub's best player was Luca Muuss. However, Tellis Xidas made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating HorstsSohnSeinTeam player was without a doubt Hennes Schmidt. Artur Bajan was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 3.

a) Was will happen to my "bruised, but playing" player?
b) After 2 games my team is now "excellent" in 3-4-3. Will it stay that way, or will it become worse during the next game again (like it did fall in this one from solid to weak)?
c) Anyone up for a friendly next week?
d) When is the correct time to change my training? After Fridays training update?

Kingreno
25-05-2005, 18:16
a) it means he is recieving training this week despite the injurry, if he realy gets hammered in a match he won't. It also means he will have more risk of recieving a long term injurry when he plays his next match, though you may want to take that risk.

b) It will become less as soon as you do not play 3-4-3 one week.

c) I noticed Dell's free [blush2]

d) whenever you want, the training that week is the training "on" at 05.00am fridays.

Dell19
25-05-2005, 20:12
b) Your organisational skill may have fallen if you have picked a poor coach that lacks good experience and leadership, or the other team had significantly better experience.
c) Not anymore. Playing the return leg of a friendly that I played at the start of last season.
d) Just to expand. the type of training selected only matters on the day when training actually occurs so I could still change to scoring training even though my game has already been played.

Shabbaman
25-05-2005, 20:38
I won 1-6, easy.

grs
25-05-2005, 20:49
Thanks for the answers.

Kingreno
25-05-2005, 21:41
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

I won 1-6, easy.

me too.

Stephko
25-05-2005, 22:24
Not easy, but I won; 6-5

Schip
25-05-2005, 23:41
easy 0-5

edit: and an experience boost. 3 players have risen a midfielder and keeper at poor now, and trainee at wretched. wiehoe!!!!!!!!!!!

Thrawn
25-05-2005, 23:57
Lost 3-2. Probably could've won easily had I played my full A team, but I was playing a bit of a mix team for some stamina training. ;)

ProPain
26-05-2005, 00:34
won 1-3. Maybe a better result would have possible, didnt really bother to alter the line up and my defense has been performing poor and undergoing form changes. Improvement should be possible (and is badly needed)

akots
26-05-2005, 02:57
Won 1-6 against apparently an ownerless team. Played forward trainees (second week passing training) as midfields and pic'ed. Will have a decisive league match on Sunday against a very decent relegated (from div V) team which played 5-3-2. Need to mots there probably and this is a must win game if I ever hope for promotion in this season.

Kemal
26-05-2005, 10:18
quote:
The crowd of 8844 turning up at FC De Snaken Arena today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. Snaken started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Mi#322;ek - Öztürk, Poorter, Lucado - Fjällander, Balyon, Halling, Espinola - Sánchez, Billand, Kronskär.

snickers had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Ry#324; - Korais, Noppers, van Roessel, Avnskjold - Pettersson, Taylor, Conceição, Nilsson - Faber, van Vugh.

Snaken broke through to the left in the 3rd minute, Mauro Sánchez firing at an acute angle giving the home side a 1 - 0 lead. A great save by goaltender Mateusz Ry#324; in the 14th minute kept the visitors in the game as Mauro Sánchez struck from the left with a real cannonball. The visitors almost came back with an equaliser in the 24:th minute after a good combination down the middle, but as Emile Noppers was to put closure on the raid he couldn´t deliver a shot hard enough to seriously challenge the keeper. snickers's Jason Faber got himself booked after a foul. A header from Peter Billand connected with a corner kick after 32 minutes, and the ball ended up with Boe Halling of Snaken who shot the 2-0 goal. Snaken put themselves up 3 - 0 when Per Kronskär broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. The structure of the game started to change as Snaken decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, snickers's Otto van Roessel got himself booked. 3 - 0 was the half-time score. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

In the 47th minute, Snaken's Mauro Sánchez received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. After 60 minutes, a couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area by Joakim Fjällander might have resulted in another goal for Snaken. However, Mateusz Ry#324; made a spectacular save. Joakim Fjällander increased Snakens lead to 4 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. Boe Halling of Snaken received a yellow card in the 75th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Akis Korais wasn´t fit enough for a full game made several mistakes out of sheer tiredness. One of them was exploited by Jose Maria Espinola who squeezed in 5-0. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Stanis#322;aw Mi#322;ek. Florian Lucado on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating snickers player was without a doubt Emile Noppers. Kim Pettersson was a disappointment, however. The match ends 5 - 0.

Very happy with this result as my opponent had some really good ratings, and furthermore took the game very seriously... which was also part of his downfall, as I happened to notice him asking for tactics and discussing the game on his series forum... 4-4-2? WTM? Snaken defintely knew how to find the weak spots in his lineup this time around! [yeah]

socralynnek
26-05-2005, 11:55
Argh, lost 1-2 due to a lot of wrong referee decisions...
I PICed, otherwise I guess I had won, but could have won anyway.
I hope the PIC was woth it.

yndy
27-05-2005, 07:50
@Kemal: OMG this is fantastic, you even got the guy's tactics before the match, that's why I call, good scouting [:}].

I totally trashed some guy 7-0, it was his first official hattrick match. I hope this will not leave a mark on his hattrick career. Now to the next one, it's not going to be that easy since I decided to play only 4 first team players and in the rest, the crap you've seen in the CDZ Cup.

Bootstoots
27-05-2005, 16:01
I beat a bot 7-0. Next cup game will be fairly difficult, as I'm playing new trainees (with weak-inad stamina) in most of my midfield slots along with a PIC. My opponent is a nearly replaced human team that isn't very weak, as those teams go.