PDA

View Full Version : Puwen vs. Beam - * * SPOJLUR * *

Beam
25-05-2005, 00:36
Turn 1:

Settled on the spot. See the open thread for starting position. Puwen plays the Byz, me the Carthagians. Nice mix, both have Seafaring so from an ability perspective it is Sci vs. Ind. For the Byz it is somewhat easier to avoid GA, the NumMerc is awesome however. AI all have AA special units, some of them a little scary. Continents so getting offshore contact is key.

Writing at min, Curragh in progress.

Checked the forum of "the loozing noob", hm pretty good record. I'm planning to cut his throat however ;). Stay tuned on this channel.

Darkness
25-05-2005, 09:28
quote:Originally posted by Beam

Checked the forum of "the loozing noob", hm pretty good record. I'm planning to cut his throat however ;). Stay tuned on this channel.

I did the same before I started my game with him, and I had exactly the same idea... [cool];)

Beam
26-05-2005, 22:28
15:

Curragh already discovered 2 of the AI: Sumerian Jerks and Persian Wankers. I guess Cleo is also on my home ground cause they are in the first 4 Civs as well. Settler under construction, due in 6. If my guess is true no AI on the home ground has Alpha which means the Phil run is more or less protected. At least Alpha can be kept in the pocket for a while.

Beam
26-05-2005, 23:13
18:

Cleo indeed. 2 Curraghs in the water. Alpha is enough to get the whole tech baseline but need to protect the Phil run. This looks like continents with lots of water! Mapmaking may be the best bet once the Philrun succeeds and make it to the other continent. Puwen just reported first unit lost to barbs.

20:

Alpha still gives the baseline techs. odd thing is that Puwen just passed me in Civscore although he settled later and claims he did not connect to a lux. Anyway, nice gamepace :)

Beam
02-08-2005, 22:03
46:

Puwen came back from holiday this week and we resumed the game. This is going to be an interesting game, who said farmer gambit again?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/200582215731_t46core.jpg
117.47KB

The settler / warrior combo is moving to the forest W, which leaves 3 settling slots left. The rest of the continent is settled by the AI already. [eek] Still doing a Philrun, 9 turns to go and Persia got Writing in the last interturn. [scared]

This is like the first game with Grille except we both had a bottleneck to the AI at least.