PDA

View Full Version : English Brit has been hacked

Dell19
21-05-2005, 22:37
quote:I contacted a GM who after a delayed response reset my password etc and said I need to use the lost password feature to get my new password.

I did this but the GM can't have reset the email to my original one resulting in the hacker being sent the new password.

I sent another e-mail to the GM yesterday but still no reply.

In the meantime the hacker is in the process of selling off all my players.

I'm not very happy.

Any advice?

Post on the BDF

I think he may have gotten his team back now since he has several bids on his players.

This team looks to be responsible for it:
The Blue Boys FC (59853)

One of his players has been brought for a stupid amount of money from EB's team and the IPs match.

Kingreno
21-05-2005, 22:40
My god, that sucks bigtime!!! I hope not all is lost before they undo this foul work...:(

Kemal
21-05-2005, 23:19
What a disaster, hopefully the GMs can sort things out, it would be terrible for EB to lose the team this way..

Please keep us updated if possible.

edit: now I see, Blue Boys is actually Toffee's United now, but the hacker changed the name?? And the guestbook is gone too, how could that happen? Seriously bad stuff here, I'm hoping things will work out well for EB in the end. :(

Dell19
21-05-2005, 23:24
Its almost certain that he would be able to get his team back, just that from another case that I heard of, the damage is not undone in terms of player sackings and such. This is a bit of a double standard considering that international players are intentially saved whenever a team goes bankrupt, inactive or sacks them.

Kemal
21-05-2005, 23:30
I notice on transfer history and actual bids that money seems to be moved from one specific team to another, as "EB" just bought an injured 18-year old for 850K from EVERTON R 4 KING, and that same team has some bids on players from Toffee's Utd.

edit: BBFC and ER4K have the same IP adress, and this guy is boasting in a PA how he sold his winger for a record sale (to hacked Toffee's UTd!), this is really sick. :(

edit2: Dell already mentioned this of course, should read more carefully.

Dell19
21-05-2005, 23:44
Saw the announcement. Have reported the team for cheating and posted a message in his guestbook. He may miss the sarcasm...

akots
22-05-2005, 00:03
Shit, this stuff is serious. Some people are really jerks. But how it is possible to hack an e-mail? That should be rather tough. I know, some people can hack bank accounts, may be hattrick was just an exercise.

I hope EB can at least say something as to why and how it could have happened. So that it is not repeated with other people. Also hope he got compensated for the losses.

Dell19
22-05-2005, 00:34
There was a warning about not using hotmail since for some reason it may be possible to hack into on hattrick a while ago.

ProPain
22-05-2005, 00:34
If I were EB and they didn't restore things to before hack situation, I'd be out. And personally I;m gonna reconsider my supporter status if that happens. Not gonna pay for a game when the admins don't act professionaly.

Shabbaman
22-05-2005, 01:18
Amazing, utter crap.

Kemal
22-05-2005, 01:45
Well, if players are fired and/or sold to "honest" users, I suppose it might be difficult for the GMs to act in this matter in such a way that these actions will be revoked, unless it is possible to create and implant specific players in specific teams with simply a mere line of code, which I doubt really.

But, lets all hope a good solution will be found to this asap.

akots
22-05-2005, 03:53
quote:Originally posted by Kemal
... unless it is possible to create and implant specific players in specific teams with simply a mere line of code, which I doubt really.

This might be beyond the power of GM or any administrator. They don't have these rights or so it seems. The only way out might be giving back all lost cash back to EB.

ProPain
22-05-2005, 10:38
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

Well, if players are fired and/or sold to "honest" users, I suppose it might be difficult for the GMs to act in this matter in such a way that these actions will be revoked, unless it is possible to create and implant specific players in specific teams with simply a mere line of code, which I doubt really.

That's probably not very difficult, just adding a player record to their database.

Kingreno
22-05-2005, 11:20
EB, if you can still log-in I'd trasferlist all players as soon as possible with their maximum bidprice, so no-one will buy them. This way the hacker cannot fire them for 3 days or sell them for bottom prices. I know a lot is lost already though and dunno if this will help...
[aargh] This pisses me off bigtime...some boner making a second team for himself and stuff is one thing but this directly screwes another player!
I also would like to know how this was possible. As the hacker is an Evertonsupporter as well it may be that EB knows this guy IRL?

Kemal
22-05-2005, 11:24
Seems to be some network of Everton supporters, as this guy also has (transfer) dealings with several other teams somehow linked to Everton... probably lots of illegal activities there too, but of no importance of course compared to EB's current situation.
I'm also unsure as to how this happened, but I suppose the password was sent to the wrong person by the GM and EB still does not have it (probably it has been changed already too of course).

@PP: hopefully it will indeed be as simple as you indicate here. :)

Plux
23-05-2005, 09:21
Wow, this is pretty radical stuff. Why would someone want to play upon a fellow hattrick player like this? What a bastard! I feel sorry for English Brit. Hope the HT admins manage to work things out for him!

yndy
24-05-2005, 12:59
Also sorry for EB and hope things will get back to somewhat normal. It seems obvious that the EVERTON R 4 KING GREAT may have something to do but it might be someone else who makes it look like Everton did it. I really hope the GM's will sort it out and even if I think that the harm cannot be undone (it was EB's email that was hacked and not hattrick) I hope he'll be back into the game real soon. :(

Kingreno
24-05-2005, 19:37
I am wondering why he has not yet posted his side of teh story here? I'm quite curious how this all happened.

Håkon
27-05-2005, 12:12
Oh dear - really bad luck :( Hopefully not too much damage has been done, but that must be awful to have happen to your team...