PDA

View Full Version : link removed

ERIKK
29-04-2003, 13:39
Some guy asked for a multiplayer site, so I pointed him to this place. But then Chieftessm removed the link. That was a bit over the top IMO, a little bit childish...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51903

Or am i wrong?

Aggie
29-04-2003, 13:57
According to the rules she is right. But I also think it was childish. Then she should moderate all our 'open' threads, because we refer to this site there as well. Next time we could just refer to our sig to avoid this kind of moderating.

anarres
29-04-2003, 14:03
We should be very careful to stick to CFC rules about advertising this site. CFC follows it's own rules, we may not like all of them, but if we want to be part of CFC we have to follow them.

They have a policy of not advertising other sites in their rules, this explicitly references linking in posts, such as you did. The rules are open to interpretation, and you do not get moderated in most instances. There is an explicit exception to links in sigs, so go crazy and link away there.

Most of us like to link our spoilers from CFC threads (for example all my open threads are at CFC), and this is something that Chieftess has obviously decided is OK.

If we make too many 'open' adverts then CT may get pissed off with us and ban us from linking in our open threads. For me, this would mean my open threads all get moved here, and links with CFC will be lost, including new people reading the open threads and coming here. [sad]

I don't think CT is being childish, I think she is trying to mod a whole lot of forums as best she can. I suggest PM'ing the person concerned with the link, or maybe next time posting 'follow the link in my sig'.

anarres
29-04-2003, 14:04
[lol] Whilst I typed Aggie said it all much quicker then me (apart from the conclusion ;)).

Aggie
29-04-2003, 14:09
Anarres: fair enough. Let's follow this rule and be glad that CT accepted the links in our open threads.

col
29-04-2003, 14:15
CT has to enforce this since other links to other sites have been closed. She did leave the in place even though the thread was closed, didn't she?

Shabbaman
29-04-2003, 14:19
Just put it in your signature if you want. I did. Just need a cool sounding name for it...

(actually, my signature looks amputated without the size 5 font)

Aggie
29-04-2003, 14:21
quote:Originally posted by col

CT has to enforce this since other links to other sites have been closed. She did leave the in place even though the thread was closed, didn't she?

You mean she left the link in place? No she didn't...

col
29-04-2003, 14:29
No -its gone now - I obviously caught her between edits.

anarres
29-04-2003, 16:48
OK, I added an 'advert' for this forum in the correct place. Maybe someone will se it, maybe not...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51969

BTW, are the lines:

No censorship of swear words
No crack downs for your opinion about something

too much for AoA (the mod of that forum)?

DrAlimentado
29-04-2003, 17:23
too much for AoA? the second line maybe... (if he construes it as a comment on him, yes.)

but in the body of the post as it is he'll probably ignore it I reckon.

ERIKK
29-04-2003, 20:46
Have you guys seen this one yet?
http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612107550
It's funny!

anarres
29-04-2003, 21:16
yeah, it must be an inside job because of the face mask...