PDA

View Full Version : CDZ5 Cup final live!

Melifluous
19-05-2005, 03:05
Yup you heard correct I bring you full live coverage of the CDZ5 Final.

It's between Toffee's Utd and FC Suca.

Being staged at the wonderful Mexican city of Guadalajara.

It really is quite a sight here. I have seen much of the city after taking the famous Tequila Express...Train tour to San José del Refugio with Mariachis and snacks and Tequila tasting on board. (Guadalajara Chamber of Commerce 3880-9010) (http://www.allaboutguadalajara.com/toursandtravel.htm) I feel I know the place like the back of my head! The local fishing town of Chapala is where I met Toffee's team as they spent a gruelling 2 days aclimatising.

I caught up with Toffee's top scorer, Pierre-André Hollenstein, in a small shack just outta town.

"So you are finally in the cup. How do you feel?"

"Well it's been ze very hard season like you know? It haz been many different sings. We like fought very ard zis season. It has been very tough. We can only 'ope zat against ze champignons we can eczel ya?"

Many tequilas later I realise I didn't make it to FC Suca's camp and wonder if Christian Konrad is still waiting across town in that fishing hut we arranged to meet in...

Anyway back in Guadalajara all the fans have made it here more or less sober and so the match begins.

Melifluous

Melifluous
19-05-2005, 03:20
And so the team sheets.

Toffees tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Sauter - Hickey, Lonie, Previzi - Ayala, Attah-Agyeman, #379;etecki, Rieper, Hevia - Hollenstein, Smiglewski.

Suca tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Mardare - Carlsen, Stroe, Nungester - Zakharov, Mellstad, Mihai, Vărzaru, Nysted - Konrad, Jesus.

It looks good on paper and the atmosphere is really electric here.
You can sense that the crowd expect something special here tonight.

Well the first 10 minutes have passed without a goal.
Very nervy play here by both sides. The massive crowd here of 2400 have been all but silent.

Up until now in the 14th minute when Sergiu Vărzaru from Suca goes in studs first. I can hear the Toffee's behind me chanting "off, off, off, off, off". The ref pulls out a yellow and I've got to say that he was very lucky to stay on the pitch there. The crowd are howling at the referee and from the free kick a long pass sets Reynaldo Hevia off down the wing, he's almost out of play, wait he whips in the cross, Pierre-André Hollenstein meets it on the volley!

Oh my word! What a goal Toffee's take the lead. The crowd go mad! The police both struggle to hold the crowd back.

1-0 to Toffee's!!

Melifluous

Melifluous
19-05-2005, 03:21
However straight from the restart Suca are passing the ball well.

It goes to the left, switched across to the right chipped in the middle and goal!

Well I never Suca's Zé Jesus is completely unmarked in the middle and scores!

1-1!!!

Melifluous

Melifluous
19-05-2005, 03:25
Toffee's push back again.

The ball is lobbed upfield and is expertely chested down by Pierre-André Hollenstein again and his shot is just wide.

The crowd here is going absolutely mad. I can barely here myself think as the drums of Suca start pounding again.

Maybe this describes why, as Toffee's push forward again, Arne Carlsen takes the legs out from under the Toffee's man and promptly gets himself a yellow card.

The ball is set down by Pierre-André Hollenstein, but they switch play around and Previzi puts the ball miles over the crossbar.

Melifluous

Melifluous
19-05-2005, 03:34
Play continues here at a breakneck pace.

It really is end to end stuff.

But wait. Christian Konrad skips past one defender, 2 defenders, he's clear on goal just the keeper to beat.

GOAL!

1-2 FC Suca!

Melifluous

Melifluous
19-05-2005, 03:48
Toffee's heads seem to have dropped a little and their case isn't helped on 31 minutes when Victor Rieper was tripped just outside the box.

The referee is right on the spot and immediately gives him a yellow card for "simulation".

The ball is flying all over the park, Toffee's attack are blunted again and again by the Suca defence.

Eventually the ref blows for half time and depite running the game, Toffee's find themselves 1-2 down.

Melifluous

Melifluous
19-05-2005, 04:13
And so it's halftime here in Guadaljara.

I think we have to cut to our reporter on the pitch.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/melifluous/200551931135_first1.JPG

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/melifluous/200551931159_second1.JPG

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/melifluous/200551931223_third1.JPG

Thankyou for that Mike!

Back to the match then!

Melifluous

Melifluous
19-05-2005, 04:20
Well it's been a very tense and nervous affair at the start of the second half.

Suca seem content to just sit on the ball and they are frustrating the crowd here in Mexico.

Very much a game of possession now, Suca are looking shaky and the occassion is obviously getting to them.
After the first half fireworks the second half is starting as bit of a damp squib. Nothing lighting the crowd and you can tell by the silence how important this is to both sets of fans.

Ah there goes the mexican wave, a sure sign the crowd is losing interest in the game.

Melifluous

Melifluous
19-05-2005, 04:25
Now wait a minute.

Alexey Zakharov raises above the crowd and above the defence and nods in a goal from a nothing ball across the box!

Suca extend their lead.

And with 20 minutes to go the Toffee's are running out of time.

Melifluous

Melifluous
19-05-2005, 04:30
And it would appear that Toffee's chances of winning this match are slipping away.

Ulf Mellstad increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right.

Surely there is no way back from 1-4 down for them.

Melifluous

Melifluous
19-05-2005, 04:50
Toffee's haven't given up though. They continue to throw everything at Suca as this match nears its end.

There are a lot of tired legs out there and eventually Boles#322;aw #379;etecki earns himself a place in the referee's book. A few minutes left to go and Carlsen lines up the free kick from all of 30 yards out. Band he hit's it but it always going over and Sauter watches it go hopelessly over the bar.

The battling continues, the ball is going end to end and Toffee's are starting to push back Suca, however the back line remains firm and the ref blows his whistle for the end of the match.

It ends 1-4. FC Suca win the CDZ Cup in it's fifth year and retain the title.

Many congratulations for FC Suca and commiserations for the Toffee's.

This has been a media streaming broadcast brought to you by the Letter's F and U.

SpamFairyProductions

akots
19-05-2005, 05:11
@Meli: [thumbsup]

Plux
19-05-2005, 11:02
Excellent report.. Congrats to Suca!

socralynnek
19-05-2005, 13:06
Hmmm the report ende too early or has the cup not been given to Suca directly after the final!!???!!

Nice report!

And congratulations to FC Suca!

Melifluous
19-05-2005, 13:26
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

Hmmm the report ende too early or has the cup not been given to Suca directly after the final!!???!!

Nice report!

And congratulations to FC Suca!

It was nearly 3am, I'm at work today.

bah. [:P]

Melifluous

socralynnek
19-05-2005, 16:44
Okay, I see, and it's a long way back from Mexico to the UK...

English_brit
20-05-2005, 03:14
Congrats Cuily. A well deserved victory. :)

ciuly
20-05-2005, 20:04
Thanks all and a special thanks to Meli. It was great reading your live report, felt the same as watching the game on ht live (which I couldn't, because it was at 4 am my time).

Melifluous
20-05-2005, 20:06
[blush]

Thanks man, was 3am over here when I finished [:P]

I did however actually manage to see English_Brit online at the time and that interview was done live!!

Thanks all who took part in the cup this year.

Can Ciuly make it 3 in a row next year?

Melifluous

Shabbaman
20-05-2005, 20:37
Congratulations Ciuly! Shall I make you a new honorary title or just modify the existing one?

ciuly
21-05-2005, 08:58
Just add a 5 after the 4 :).

I think it's going to be harder for me to win the CDZ cup next season, I've just promoted in IV and the teams here are getting better. But I'll do my best [:P]