PDA

View Full Version : **Please Read** Note to all map posters...

Melifluous
29-04-2003, 00:02
Could I ask you all to make part of your Topics' Subject to indicate the status of the request...

You may have noticed that I have changed the titles of the forums...

Either you can update your subjects as need be or I will keep on changed them as I notice them...

Peace out all

Melifluous

Aggie
29-04-2003, 07:12
[thumbsup]

prettyvacant
29-04-2003, 21:01
Excellent idea Meli - this has nearly persuaded me to let your warriors live in diggers pbem!

prettyvacant
20-05-2003, 20:30
As I make maps from time to time could posters requesting maps call their topic 'discussion' or something similar and then change the name to request when you have agreed on the details. It is only a small point but I have just been in three messages entitled request and none of them actually are yet.

Kind regards[thumbsup]

PV

Melifluous
21-05-2003, 21:52
Further to my previous posts...

Any posts I see that need a MAP will now be Made Sticky until they have been fulfilled...

Of course this requires me to be online and notice them but hey thats all the fun of the fair...

Melifluous

DrAlimentado
01-06-2003, 18:27
This post is just to consolidate and clarify how map requests should be posted. If anything is missing (or if you disagree) please tell us/post below and I'll update this post as nessecary.

----------------------------
Map Making Threads Protocols
----------------------------

Please include all these parameters in a map request:

PTW version: Maps should be made in 1.14, so it dosen't matter which version you are playing as it will upgrade to 1.21 on the first load.

Player1 name and civ choice
player2 name and civ choice - will normally be set as player5 in 8 player game (4 in 6 player game etc.) if you want it set differently please state which.

Difficuly Level: as well as the normal levels there is also "deity light"; deity but with only 1 settler for AI. You can also specify other permetations... like deity with +1 settler for human etc. but please be clear which you want.

Map params: map size, land form, climate, temperature, age, barb level.
It will be assumed you want x-wrapping on and y-wrapping off unless stated otherwise.

Victory conditions and extra rules: unless stated otherwise it will be assumed you want all conditions on, civ-abilities on, and (if possible-see bug thread) culturally-linked start off and ai-respawn off. It goes without saying that we all play with preserve random seed on! ;)

AI civs: unless you specify the mapmaker may well leave them as random, or maybe set them with their own discretion. This generally holds true for any params not specified too :)

------------------------------------

If all map preferences are ready then post the request and put '--MAP REQUEST--' in the title. A map mod will sticky the thread as soon as they see it.

If the map is still under discussion then put '--MAP DISCUSSION--' or similar in the title. Then change it when all the parameters are posted.

When a map is made change the title to '--MAP MADE--' (or a map mod will if they make it) and we will unsticky it when we see it.

I think that's everything...

Melifluous
02-06-2003, 11:16
Yeah that about covers it...

Except maps can only be made in 1.14 (as 1.21 games cant be saved mid-turn) So every map I make is 1.14.

Version doesn't really matter as 1.21 players will automatically upgrade the map when they start it.

Melifluous

DrAlimentado
02-06-2003, 13:57
ah yes, meli is of course absolutley right... as maps should be made in 1.14 anyway it dosen't matter whether you want 1.14 or 1.21. I'll update the post to reflect this.

Lt. Killer M
02-06-2003, 14:06
it is no problme to make maps in 1.21, you just take player 2 as the first, press Shift-Return and pass the game on ;)

DrAlimentado
02-06-2003, 15:06
yeah killer... but then the mapmaker has to set the players pw's. And most of us like to keep our pw's private and have just 1 for all our games ;)