PDA

View Full Version : Stapel vs Jack Merchant --MAP MADE--

Stapel
28-04-2003, 23:27
Who wants to make a pbem for us?

Small map, max civs, no barbies, no huts, emp level, conquest / domination victory.

Stapel: Persia
Jack: Iroquis

jack merchant
29-04-2003, 01:05
Oh, and a pangaea please ? Pretty please with sugar on top ( Stapel and I did agree on a pangaea ) ?

(Bribes for getting me horses nearby eminently negotiable :D )

Stapel
29-04-2003, 13:01
We indeed agree on pangaea

DrAlimentado
01-05-2003, 20:53
Map:[removed-get new file below]

wow, this map has totally frustated all and any attempts to have the correct rules activated. This means AI respawn and diplo/cultural/space victories are all still on.

I have spent an hour trying to fix it [wallbash] and can't do any more with it right now as I am in danger of seriously injuring my computer [mad3]

(if you can wait till tomorrow I'll have a go at sorting it again, as it is the maps fine, correct level etc. it's just the rules and ai respawn thats incorrect :()

oh, and almost forgot, the Admin password = "admin", and stapel is first up :).

Stapel
01-05-2003, 20:59
We are patient! Keep up the good work Dr. A.

DrAlimentado
01-05-2003, 21:03
hehe, I'll have another go in a bit then ;). (just let my blood cool first...)

DrAlimentado
02-05-2003, 01:37
hmm, just tried a new map, same problem :(

one solution I've found is for me to 'play' the first turn and then all the rules etc. are saved as they should be (it only 'loses' the settings when I save the game before ending the turn). This does mean that the player passwords have to be set by me though... (and you lose a turn as well.)

If you want me to setup the map like this then each email/msn me a pw (use my msn messenger address for mail too) and I'll sort it straight away :)

Another solution is for me to give you the .bix file and one of you can launch the game (will only work in 1.21 I think), the disadvantage of this is that the player who launches the game will see the map-preview (effectively the geographical minimap) when they select the .bix file...

You'll be glad to know the new map I tried turned out a much nicer map in general though :D, it's a real beauty! (even if I do say so myself ;))

jack merchant
02-05-2003, 01:53
Many thanks, Dr. Alimentado ! Maybe we should just leave the other victory conditions on ? The intention is not to reach the industrial age anyway( or even the medieval age [evil] ). However, I have no idea what that does for the AI priorites - maybe they're more warlike in a scenario where only conquest/domination are on.

DrAlimentado
02-05-2003, 02:34
IMO the best thing is for one of you two to launch the game (using the 'load scenario' option with the bix file) - if not for the victory conditions (I don't know about ai strats... but I suspect it makes little difference) then for turning off ai respawn. The one who does it will have to put their hand on the screen so they can't see the minimap preview though!
I'm equally happy to start it up and let a turn run, just hand over your passwords [satan]

Here's the .bix file if you want to launch it yourselves:
icon_paperclip.gif StapelvsJack_Map2.zip (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/dralimentado/20035223056_StapelvsJack_Map2.zip)

And here's the (all-victory-and-respawn-on) version if you just want to get going:
icon_paperclip.gif StapelvsJack_Map2.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/dralimentado/20035222716_StapelvsJack_Map2.SAV)

or send us your pw's and I'll run a turn.

Aggie
02-05-2003, 07:25
quote:Originally posted by jack merchant

However, I have no idea what that does for the AI priorites - maybe they're more warlike in a scenario where only conquest/domination are on.

I'm almost certain that they are not.

Stapel
02-05-2003, 09:29
I think we just sould get going! Who has to start?

DrAlimentado
02-05-2003, 15:42
stapel your first to go, (the admin pw for the .sav is still "admin")

enjoy :)

jack merchant
02-05-2003, 15:47
Thank you, Dr. Alimentado ! Pity there isn't a worship smiley here :)

Melifluous
02-05-2003, 15:55
How about this one? Too much?

[kiss]

Melifluous

anarres
02-05-2003, 18:03
or how about [worship]?

jack merchant
02-05-2003, 19:09
Can you use that one here too ? I didn't see it in the list...

Meli's suggestion would do, but it might be misunderstood :D

anarres
02-05-2003, 22:36
jack, just put the [ ] around worship ;)

Stapel
04-05-2003, 11:34
Thanks Doctor A. !