PDA

View Full Version : Interseason Transfers

Kemal
09-05-2005, 23:53
Same as the new series topic, it's off season time again, prices are low, and thus the recurring topic regarding possible transfers rears its head again. :)

Since I'm starting up a new training program (scoring), I've got plenty of buys lately, but I'll reveal those (probably nobody is interested in those anyway) later when I've got them all 6 in the squad (+1 reserve).

However, I'm wondering now what you guys think of this fellow, as said I sold my winger for 475K, so a replacement was needed, but then I stumbled on this:

quote:
Jose Maria Espinola (15011918)
26 years, passable form, healthy
A controversial person who is balanced and upright.
Has passable experience and solid leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Nationality: Argentina
Total Skill Index (TSI): 2 770
Wage: 1 032 €/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: FC De Snaken
Warnings: 2
Injuries: Healthy

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: passable Passing: solid
Winger: solid Defending: wretched
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: wretched

Since the highest bid was 610K, and the combo of passable exp and solid leader was too tempting not to do it, I bought him for 625K since nobody else raised anymore...

Too bad he is an anticlown but since I will play with a disastrous LS coach next season anyway, I don't expect my TS to be anything else than composed anyway.

What do you guys think? [ponder]

And also: please, share your own buys for the new season as well, of course!

akots
10-05-2005, 00:10
I'm still looking for a reasonably priced 3.5-star wingback or may be two with head specialty. Almost got one yesterday but he was snatched from under my nose.

ProPain
10-05-2005, 00:41
for sale in 1,5 weeks when he is world class keeping:

quote:Zeev Cohen (44800194)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is tranquil and honest.
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Nationality: Israel
Total Skill Index (TSI): 28 470
Wage: 7 104 €/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: PP SV
Warnings: 0

Stamina: wretched Goaltending: magnificent then: world class
Playmaking: disastrous Passing: disastrous
Winger: disastrous Defending: disastrous
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: wretched

Sadly he had a form fall to passable last week after being in solid form since I bought him. But not to worry, even in passable form he has a 6 star rating. Wonder what çash he's gonna generate.

If your interested just PM me :)[lol]

Shabbaman
10-05-2005, 08:29
In the last few weeks I've sold two forwards and bought two inner mids with outstanding pm and good defending rating. Together with the excellent playmaker I got earlier this season my midfield is up to standard. My winger is still one of the best of the series, but I'll have to replace him in the future.

I'm still happy with my excellent goalkeeper :)

Kemal
10-05-2005, 13:23
With 5 out of 6 trainees rounded up, I thought hey lets try and get one really good trainee too for the first team, like with good passing skills as well... Looked around a bit on the market, and found a nice player that I bookmarked:

quote:
Addison Mirón Ortega (63964034)
17 years, passable form, healthy
I speak Español!

A pleasant guy who is balanced and upright.
Has disastrous experience and solid leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Nationality: España
Total Skill Index (TSI): 3 290
Wage: 910 €/week
Owner: Atco. Mentalista

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: solid
Winger: weak Defending: passable
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: inadequate

Now, his deadline has passed... lets say that I'll just stick to poor man's trainees again, as this guy sold for.... (drumroll)

2.081.000 Euros!!!! [eek] [eek]

And I've seen brilliant strikers with solid passing on the market sold for between 2.3 and 2.5M, I mean what on earth was this guy thinking? If he'd train him for 2 seasons, he can sell him... with a loss!

I suppose there really is some strange curse surrounding that mystical number "17" preceeding the word "years" indeed.. [crazyeye]

ProPain
10-05-2005, 13:41
That amount is just crazy, now way he's ever gonna earn that back

akots
10-05-2005, 13:58
The only reasonable prices are for inadequate scoring and solid passing imho. Not that easy to find as well. Passable scoring + solid passing is already really very expensive. But 2 million is a bit too much indeed especially the player will turn 18 soon. 1.4 to 1.6 or to 1.7 million seems more reasonable. It seems that too many teams are training scoring. Lack of trainees inflates their price and excess of trained forwards decreases their price.

It is also of note that head specialty is valuable. It often may double the price which is probably justified since with head specialty, forwards really score substantially more. When I was looking for a trainee in the middle of season, I've tried to buy a 17-year old inad scoring + solid passing with head specialty and he was sold for around 500K in the end iirc. He also was a nice guys overall similar to that one.

Shabbaman
10-05-2005, 14:05
I bought a 18 y.o. formidable scorer with inad. passing but solid SP for a little over 1M euro. Comparable players without SP go for around 800k. 17 y.o. players are very expensive (especially now they're almost 18), but if you train formidable>brilliant you can make similar profits.

Kemal
10-05-2005, 14:30
Well, good news in that case I suppose, as I've bought 5 trainees so far myself, all 17 year old, and almost all are excellent scoring now, with 4x weak and 1x inadequate passing, and 2x head, 2x quick, and 1x unpredictable speciality. :)

Prices varied from 251 (the solid) to 625K. But still 1 trainee to go now before tomorrow's match..

Schip
10-05-2005, 15:22
are you planning to train scoring this friday kemal? If so, you might want to buy one that played last sunday, or wait till thursday, that way you can train four (our seven) forwards this week.

Kemal
10-05-2005, 17:04
Good idea, thanks!

Though I must say I'm quite selective with my trainees, i.e. there don't seem to be that much on the market that I really want to buy, let alone that they also meet the criteria of having played this week... and pure skilltrading seems to be a bit too risky for my financial situation atm, I'm not so experienced on that (yet?).

But, indeed I'm switching to forwards, 3 of my 5 trainees have already played sunday, and actually those 3 also already trained last friday too. Since yndy is already doing the shooting variant, which I briefly considered as well, I'm going to take the more secure scoring training instead, waiting for yndy to comment on the benefits of training shooting instead.

And as for the market being flooded, indeed this is true (though all prices of high level players are plummeting it seems) and financially it might not be a great way of training, but my attack needed the improvement most, so training there at least saves me the cost of buying new, experienced forwards as well besides new trainees.

Håkon
10-05-2005, 18:38
Nice thread. :)

My recent acquisition:

quote:Lukas Burgkoppel (37684499) [Lägg till dina bokmärken]
21 år, excellent form, healthy
En sympathetic guy som är temperamental och upright.
Har wretched rutin och wretched ledarförmåga.

Nationalitet: Deutschland
Total förmåga (TSI): 10 980
Wage: 34 080 Kroner/week inkl. 20% utlandsbonus
Owner: Dynamo Morpork
Skador: Frisk

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: brilliant Passing: wretched
Winger: passable Defending: wretched
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: weak

Career Goals: 4
Career Hattricks: 0
League goals this season: 1
Cup goals this season: 0

Up for winger training. Should be a really nice PM-winger in a few years' time :)

Also cost me a couple of million euros, so he better pay back with some goals and stars soon ;)

Kingreno
10-05-2005, 19:26
quote: Stojan Petkovšek (59759219)
A pleasant guy who is balanced and honest.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Nationality: Slovenija
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 450
Wage: 740 €/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Aristocats

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: passable
Winger: passable Defending: passable
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: wretched

Bought this guy for 153k. He is on the probably too long list for making the Slovenija U-20's depending on how soon he will pop his skills. He recieved one week of passing and will train defending for now. His TSI is very high and I do expect him to pop soon. Longshot but worth it.
I will buy more players depending on how well my daytrading skills are.:D

Kemal
10-05-2005, 21:00
Well, here's a big guess as well, I'm hoping this one is popping to excellent in 2-3 trainings, and I'll relist him then as 18 year old when the 1st week youngsters frenzy will start as excellent/excellent... If not I have a very good (but very expensive!) trainee...

quote:
I speak Romanian!

A controversial person who is temperamental and honest.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.

Speciality: Quick

Nationality: România
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 350
Wage: 776 €/week
Owner: Internationale Ploiesti

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: excellent
Winger: wretched Defending: wretched
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: passable

Bought for, and I'm not kidding you guys here...

1.300.000 euros!! [eek]

Kemal
10-05-2005, 21:03
Btw, I will now be officialy be on heart-monitoring in hospital each match, awaiting a nasty foot injury for this fellow... ;)

Dell19
10-05-2005, 21:20
He might take 4 or 5 weeks.

Kemal
10-05-2005, 21:27
Dell's trying to speed up my admission to hospital with some comforting statements... :D

I hope not... but could be yes, my hope is aimed at his salary, which is about equal to some excellent/passable players I noticed on the list, with the exact same skills.. of course he has low excellent passing, which will lift his salary somewhat too, but then again, he is of course no excellent striker yet either, which puts his salary down a bit again compared to the other player.

Or in other words: 1 big guess, but I had the money in the bank to try it I felt.. (seems I'm already trying to defend his purchase here.. [hmm])

Dell19
10-05-2005, 21:34
Its just that I had a higher solid than that take about 5 weeks to pop however he does have a massive TSI even now.

Thrawn
10-05-2005, 23:11
quote:Darren McGowan
21 years, passable form, healthy
A controversial person who is balanced and honest.
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Nationality: Oceania
Total Skill Index (TSI): 730
Wage: 1 240 AU$/week
Owner: Black Marlins

Stamina: solid Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: inadequate
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: wretched

My only buy. Decided to replace one of my forwards who is about to hit 31 with someone younger. ;) Don't plan on buying anyone else, as I need to use the rest of my money to upgrade my stadium.

Dell19
11-05-2005, 00:29
How much did you pay?

Thrawn
11-05-2005, 02:08
$AU14,000. There were others with similar scoring/passing that were going for aroung $AU40,000, so I think I got a good deal. :)

socralynnek
11-05-2005, 16:45
I have relisted my Augusto Diaz (formidable playmaking, 22 years) and from the money, I want to buy a scorer ( at least solid/passable or excellent/(the thing below passable) ) and a defender with at least solid, better excellent.
I might buy a new young winger, since I got a then excellent 18 year old IM at the beginning of next season to sell( he also got some winger skills).
Please, someone buy Augusto Diaz!!!!

Dell19
11-05-2005, 18:25
Everyone seems to want to buy excellent defenders at the moment.

socralynnek
11-05-2005, 18:53
That's right.
Maybe I'll till some time in the season.
AFAICS the first three matches, I will win without strengthening my team, so maybe I'll buy then.
But a scorer will be more important than a defender.

Kingreno
11-05-2005, 20:12
quote:Originally posted by Dell19

Everyone seems to want to buy excellent defenders at the moment.

I have 5.[tongue]

Dell19
12-05-2005, 01:26
I have 1 solid and 2 passable. Defence is not my strong point.

akots
01-06-2005, 04:33
Seems that the transfer market had not settled down yet. I tired to hunt an inad scoring/solid passing 17-year-old with head specialty and he went off at 250K. That price is ridiculously high even considering it is only the start of the season. The guy will be barely able to return the investment by the beginning of the next season imo.

yndy
01-06-2005, 05:51
I don't have important buys although I did make some purchases of inadequate and solid scorers. Everybody seems to be training scoring these days and I hope the prices will not drop that much when I have to sell. I also sold some of the players I don't plan to use in the future, one of them was the last of the players received when I joined hattrick.

Kemal, are you still under monitoring with that Ristea Catanã of yours?

Kemal
01-06-2005, 08:42
Well, it almost worked... I had received a HT-mail from a guy looking for a superb forward trainee, and mine fit his bill exactly. he was willing to pay 1.78M for him, but he could not get the finances done as some trainees of him sold for less than expected..

Now, I think I will keep and train him around, which probably means a wasted 300K I think in the end, since Dell was of course right and he was not 2 weeks away from popping.

Dell19
01-06-2005, 17:17
He will still be a great trainee to have expecially if passing becomes even more valuable

I sold an outstanding forward with inadequate passing(+2) for £1 254 000 and have brought a formidable winger and a formidable goalkeeper with the money.