PDA

View Full Version : Moving domain

Shabbaman
08-05-2005, 12:13
I'll be moving to The Hague coming week, and I don't expect to have much time left to spend at CDZ. As of wednesday I don't have a internerd connection here since that is the day my phone line will move. And then it could be anything from a day to a month that my provider has moved the ADSL connection. I'll be back though!

ERIKK
08-05-2005, 12:24
Good luck - it must be hell for a junkie like you! ;)

Kingreno
08-05-2005, 12:30
Best of luck Shabba! [goodjob]

Shabbaman
08-05-2005, 12:34
I'm already suffering from withdrawal: luckily I'll have the great city of The Hague to ease my pain ;)

Matrix
08-05-2005, 12:47
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! [cry] [cry] [cry]

Does Cruise still live in Groningen, or am I the only one left alive?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Matrix/200558124732_desert.jpg
18.95KB

anarres
08-05-2005, 19:34
Good luck on your move and come back soon! :)

Shabbaman
09-05-2005, 12:38
Thanks :) It's all depending on the phone company and the ISP. I have a connection until tuesday (so expect more spam, muahaha).

Yesterday first walk on the seaside boulevard, nice.

ProPain
09-05-2005, 12:55
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! [cry] [cry] [cry]

Does Cruise still live in Groningen, or am I the only one left alive?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Matrix/200558124732_desert.jpg
18.95*KB

Didn't they tell you??? Groningen is being sold to Germany, they offered good money because the vast expanses are ideal to grow cabbage and breed pigs. They're gonna turn it in a giant Bratwurst und Sauerkraut factory.

Better get out while you still can.

Pastorius
09-05-2005, 13:49
Odd, I thought Holland was all flat, below sealevel grassland with lots of "artificial rivers". And lots of cows. I guess Groningen is the exception from that rule [mischief]

Anyway - Good luck Shabba

Matrix
09-05-2005, 14:33
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

Didn't they tell you??? Groningen is being sold to Germany, they offered good money because the vast expanses are ideal to grow cabbage and breed pigs. They're gonna turn it in a giant Bratwurst und Sauerkraut factory.

Better get out while you still can.
We've kept the Germans outside before. [evil]

http://www.niemeijer.nu/grunn.htm

Shabbaman
20-05-2005, 10:49
Okay,

FINALLY the morons at wanadoo managed to get my adsl to work again. After KPN moved the phone line and the adsl signal on resp. wednesday the 11th and thursday the 12th, it took KPN another week to inform wanadoo that we needed a new IP-adress. Apparently, if you move to a new city, you need a new IP-adress. Though that doesn't sound too uncommon, wanadoo had no clue what to do with it. With a little motivation on our part ;) it's finally done. Hurray.

Moving went okay. We still need some closet space, so there are still boxes unpacked. It's nice living here though. My GF is very happy with her new job, and I have some serious prospect at (actually paying) work as well.

Pastorius
20-05-2005, 16:18
YAY, [shabba] is back!!! [jump]

Great news about work for both of you :)

Who needs to get paid anyway [crazyeye]

Shabbaman
22-08-2006, 10:22
I'll be moving domain again this weekend. This time inside the Hague. We get 2.5 times the space we have now, comparable to what we had before. And since I don't need a new IP adress, I hope that they'll transfer my internet access faster than last year. Anyway, no succession games as from friday, but since I can still spam at work I'll keep harassing you [banned]

romeothemonk
22-08-2006, 16:04
Upgrading places is really nice. I am also moving to a house that is ~2.5 times bigger than where I am at.

Shabbaman
24-08-2006, 11:09
The house we lived in before we moved to The Hague was about the same size as the place we're going to move to. So now we can get some stuff out of storage. OTOH, we didn't need that stuff over the last year, so we could just as well throw it away...

Kingreno
24-08-2006, 11:11
Is the house babyfriendly?[crazyeye]

Shabbaman
24-08-2006, 11:13
Why, you want to visit? ;)

I don't know what you call baby friendly, but there's no giant death pit in the middle of the living room.

Kingreno
24-08-2006, 11:21
yet.

Shabbaman
24-08-2006, 11:24
Indeed.

Darkness
24-08-2006, 11:56
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

The house we lived in before we moved to The Hague was about the same size as the place we're going to move to. So now we can get some stuff out of storage. OTOH, we didn't need that stuff over the last year, so we could just as well throw it away...

Most women tend to find it hard to let go of stuff like that, so I doubt your GF will let you do that...
But I could be wrong... Maybe she's really anxious to toss away all your old stuff... :D

Shabbaman
24-08-2006, 12:00
She already has [xx(]

Kingreno
24-08-2006, 12:02
When we moved last March rough estimates showed 20% off the unused stuff was mine (which I threw away), while the 80% of my GF moved with us. I did manage to sneak half of that to the trashsite though!

Darkness
24-08-2006, 12:12
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

When we moved last March rough estimates showed 20% off the unused stuff was mine (which I threw away), while the 80% of my GF moved with us. I did manage to sneak half of that to the trashsite though!

[lol]

Incredibly eerie resemblance to our move last summer... [rotfl]

Shabbaman
24-08-2006, 12:26
Well, when I moved in with her most of my furniture was already deemed sub par. In the mean while I managed to get rid of most of her furniture as well, and we got new stuff together. And while her stuff collection is impressive, it still pales in comparison to the amount of space my book collection alone requires. So I shouldn't complain.

But I'm glad she can't claim anymore that there's no space for my Cup a soup mug.

Shabbaman
01-09-2006, 19:35
Hurray, it works! Apparently it was already working on monday/tuesday, but the phone connector seems to be broken. So I switched the connection wires to the backup wires, and suddenly it worked. It does mean that the primary line doesn't work, but who cares about that.