PDA

View Full Version : No training after neutral friendlies?

Kemal
07-05-2005, 00:43
There is a discussion going on atm on the HT-conference (both global as well as the scoring traders fed) atm that strongly seems to suggest that there is a bug involved with neutral friendlies and training, resulting in trainees getting no training at all from neutrally played friendlies!

There have been lots of reports already about 18 year old scorers not popping after even 10 weeks, but the most severe indicator was a guy that pulled a 18-year old keeper with tsi 2810, played him in a (neutral) friendly, and the guy did not pop. Totally impossible according to the keeper's tool, so something must have gone wrong with the trainingsupdate apparently.

Because of this, perhaps it would be a good idea to arrange CDZ cup games with home/away advantage anyway, at least until one of the HTs makes a statement on this, or at least more info is available.

It could all be a hoax of course, but I suppose we all rather just play against a tiny bit of extra midfield for the opponent than all lose half of our training week...

Since at least my own cupgame vs Shabba has already been arranged at a neutral ground, I will pay very close attention to my trainees this week, if others do as well we might get to our own - safer - conclusions regarding this issue. :)

Dell19
07-05-2005, 12:38
I've played two neutral friendlies and my players popped as expected.

In one match I played: Rowan, Kneale and Hammond

In the other I played: Wallace, Kneale, Smets

Since then every player has popped
Kneale popped after 8 weeks as a 19 year old and since he played 2 neutral friendlies it should have been 9 weeks. Wallace and Smets both popped in 7 weeks since I had trained them in shooting during the offseason in the cup match.

So I don't believe it since all my players have popped in a standard time and no quicker or slower than Ryan who did not play in either neutral friendly and also Kneale played in both neutral friendlies and still popped at the same time as Hammond.

Kemal
07-05-2005, 12:47
Good to hear that Dell, that sure takes away lots of worries about losing training... :)

Still, strange about those players that reportedly didn't pop, but I suppose it would not have been the first time in HT history that managers have too vivid an imagination and start seeing ghosts. [hmm]

Dell19
07-05-2005, 13:00
Well the goalkeeper is the only worrying example but the keeper tool isn't 100% accurate and it is feasable that the player was very high in his form band and about 1 TSI away from popping.

Not sure about the striker examples, lots of people moan about training being slower than expected but generally my players pop like clockwork. Had a quick loook on global and couldn't find the thread.

Kemal
07-05-2005, 13:04
True, the even more worrying thing about the goalkeeper was that he was a youth pull, so he was at average passable form 100% sure.. then again, maybe the guy had spoiled his training somehow, and doesn't want to admit that or something.

edit: the thread on global is called "keeper skill development mystery", 3048366, in case anyone wants to read it as well... not much of a hot topic anymore though, so probably false alarm indeed.