PDA

View Full Version : SGOTM7 signup

akots
04-05-2005, 19:08
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=118132

Is there some interest in playing this one?

EDIT: Added Start Pos - Melifluous

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/melifluous/200556175311_SGOTM7-Start.jpg
36*KB

EDIT: Added More Stuff ;) - Melifluous

Map Parameters

Playable Civ - Ottomans
World size - 80 wide by 80 high. (Small)
Difficulty - Deity
Landform - Archepelago
Barbarians - Roaming

The map is handbuilt, and therefore may not have a standard configuration.

Melifluous
04-05-2005, 20:05
I'm in.

Melifluous

EDIT: I have added my name to the SGOTM7 signup thread at CFC. Should CDZ not decide to enter I still wanna play this one :)

col
04-05-2005, 21:52
yeah - I''m available if selected.....

Kingreno
04-05-2005, 23:49
quote:Originally posted by col

yeah - I''m available if selected.....

me too.

Melifluous
05-05-2005, 03:16
I propose that in true CDZ style akots be replaced by Col as figurehead captain for this game.

Nothing against akots of course, but it would only be fair for him to pass on the baton.

anarres or Kemal would be invaluable due to their Deity experience.
Aggie, JackMerchant, Ville or Killer wuld earn automatic places due to their AW experience.

:)

Melifluous

akots
05-05-2005, 03:22
@Meli: I have not yet signed up for this one. Yet already you ask me to retire? [lol]

akots
05-05-2005, 03:27
I have played a few AW games including AWM, AWE, XNO-AWE, OCC-AWM, and OCC-AWE and somewhat contributed to OCC-AWS. Must admit it is a bit better than 100K culture, although a pretty tedious game in general. Just needs some very accurate play.

Melifluous
05-05-2005, 03:29
I do indeed bite my thumb at thee...

Come on, Always war is fun, if tedious late game.

And you know you are gonna sign up... [mischief]

Melifluous

Melifluous
05-05-2005, 03:31
And if you can double post then so can I.

I didn't ask you to resign I want you to play.

Just nominate Col as captain, it's an empty title you know...

It dont command any respect, just means MB moans at him and not you :)

Melifluous

Melifluous
05-05-2005, 03:34
And there is nothing like an AW game to teach the importance of artillery...

Korea would be a good civ I would have thought :)

Melifluous

PS. Triple post? W00t...!one!1!

col
05-05-2005, 10:07
I've had my arse handed to me on solo AW games. AWD loosens my bowels somewhat.

Dont mind being a figurehead captain.

akots
05-05-2005, 18:52
Socralynnek also signed up for the CDZ team at CFC. I added him the access to this forum.

anarres
05-05-2005, 19:28
/me too

akots
05-05-2005, 19:53
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous
... And you know you are gonna sign up... [mischief]

I've given it a thought and I'm not signing up for this one. I have a rather bad experience with AW games when people do not clearly know what they are doing. Or doing something despite they were told to do differently. I would then get mad and somewhat upset and fun would be lost. I would have signed up probably but with another company or another type of game when each little mistake is not fatal and which has to be played with surgical precision. Besides, it is a time committment I apparently cannot afford right now.

The team is ready with 5 strong players and there is a possibility to accomodate another one since it is very difficult to persuade Anarres to play his turns. ;)

Melifluous
05-05-2005, 20:11
You're gonna lurk right?

[eek]

Melifluous

col
05-05-2005, 20:32
quote:Originally posted by akots
The team is ready with 5 strong players and there is a possibility to accomodate another one since it is very difficult to persuade Anarres to play his turns. ;)

I can only count one KR - or two if you include Anarres.
And Meli
And me.

(Dont know anything about VeraLynnek)

akots
05-05-2005, 21:46
quote:Originally posted by col
... AWD loosens my bowels somewhat. ...

Just take some imodium right before playing your turns and you'll be fine. :)

akots
05-05-2005, 21:47
Socralynnek shows a very consistent and good GOTM results recently. Although must admit, he's more active in the hattrick forum.

akots
05-05-2005, 21:50
You're gonna lurk right?

Sure, I'll have a pleasure of lurking all other team threads as well. This means I won't be able to post anything meaningful. Well, nothing meaningful to be precise. So, will be spamming meaninglessly. By posting something mean.

col
05-05-2005, 23:32
[lol]

Pastorius
06-05-2005, 00:16
Tis funny akots, how you have changed since you got here.

Remember this:

quote:
I don't like spamming in a specific thread. This looks like organized spam which is not a REAL spam. Why cannot we spam all over the place?

BTW:
Is this where you ask for access to the SGOTM forum for the new game?
If so, is it a good idea to change name of the forum to SGOTM instead of SGOTM6? ;) [mischief]

akots
06-05-2005, 00:28
Sure, I remember. So, what's wrong with it and why have I changed?

Forum renamed as requested.

Pastorius
06-05-2005, 00:37
Nothing wrong with it. Twas just that you seemed so wellbehaved when you got here, and now you are just as spammy as the rest of us [:p]

I just found this funny:
quote:Sure, I'll have a pleasure of lurking all other team threads as well. This means I won't be able to post anything meaningful. Well, nothing meaningful to be precise. So, will be spamming meaninglessly. By posting something mean.

and so I tried to follow up with the old quote there. Nothing wrong with it at all :D

akots
06-05-2005, 00:43
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles
... Twas just that you seemed so wellbehaved when you got here, and now you are just as spammy as the rest of us [:p] ...

So I managed to fool you all. [lol]

Melifluous
06-05-2005, 00:50
<s>quote:Originally posted by akots

Forum renamed as requested.

Dude!

You are an admin of this forum right?

You could have changed the name yourself [lol]

Melifluous</s>

EDIT: [smokin]

Melifluous

akots
06-05-2005, 02:14
So I did change the forum name myself indeed as requested by Paal.

Haruka
06-05-2005, 03:00
Eh, you might want to lock me out of this... But wait until we get our team threads at CFC... :)

grs
06-05-2005, 21:47
I'd like to get access to the subforum, only as a lurker again.

Socrates
06-05-2005, 21:52
I'd like to get access to the SGOTM 7 thread, please. Is it possible to grant access to the whole SGOTM sub-forum at once ? I just want to lurk you guys. :)

akots
06-05-2005, 22:20
Meli is kinda rebuilding the whole thing trying to organize it. Have no idea, I hope he knows what he's doing and the other threads don't get deleted in the process.

anarres
06-05-2005, 22:45
Oh dear, Meli and mod powers. [no]

[estwing]
[xx(]

Pastorius
06-05-2005, 22:48
I would also like to gain access to the SGOTM forum.

I promise not to divulge any tiny or large or medium sized bit of information to any other team.
I promise to try to spam very little (though it may be hard...)
I promise that I wont sign up for any other team, since these games are way beyond my skill anyway [:p]

I promise that I actually got a PM from CDZ about a topic being moved, wich means that the PM system works, but not on topic subscription [jump]

Melifluous
06-05-2005, 23:03
Hey...

I explained what I wanted to the admins

Not my fault they put the signup thread inside the forum they would be signing up for. [crazyeye]

Anyways to prove my credentials, I've just been rebuilding (and I mean software) the Main Unix Server at our biggest clients.
2 days of complete hell trying to get all the components re-installed.
I HATE command line C compilers...

Melifluous

Melifluous
06-05-2005, 23:05
Paal and Krys added [:P]

Melifluous

akots
06-05-2005, 23:20
You also opened the SGOTM6 forum.

akots
06-05-2005, 23:21
It seems that mad-bax has to be added automatically as well. That will spare him the application post. Might also consider automatically adding other regular lurkers from the previous game.

Melifluous
06-05-2005, 23:28
Had just added mad-bax after reading anarres post on CFC.

Welcome Mad-Bax.

Also the admins opened SGOTM6 when they moved it. I see little chance in it mattering much.
I am against adding anyone else by default in this forum, CFC can monitor ip addresses, we can't.

This is how we do secure ;)

Melifluous

Melifluous
06-05-2005, 23:30
quote:Originally posted by grs

I'd like to get access to the subforum, only as a lurker again.

Oops, missed this. Added.

Melifluous

Darkness
06-05-2005, 23:58
Meli, can you please grant me access to the SGOTM7 forum? I wanna lurk again... :)

Melifluous
07-05-2005, 00:09
Added

Melifluous

Ginger_Ale
07-05-2005, 00:18
I'll request access as well, I'm not playing SGOTM7 and won't leak info.

Darkness
07-05-2005, 00:28
Meli, I still get the "no access" message... Could you please check/try again. Sorry!

Lt. Killer M
07-05-2005, 00:46
well, since moving in wiht the GF is almost accomplished I can now play AT HOME!

So please, let me at least lurk!

akots
07-05-2005, 00:48
Darkness re-added (hope it works, Killer and G-Ale added.

akots
07-05-2005, 00:58
Also added:

Rik, DrA, smalltalk, Schip, Beam, Banzai, Plux, Aggie, Swingue, Kemal, Puwen, Grille, digger, Col. Tar, Ronald, Hygro, and yndy.

col
07-05-2005, 01:24
So our team is

meli
col
KR
veralynne
anarres(maybe)

anyone else playing or is everyone just lurking and waiting for the train crash??

Melifluous
07-05-2005, 01:38
anarres has signed up at CFC

Melifluous

romeothemonk
07-05-2005, 01:49
I would like lurker privilege. I would be interested in joining a SGOTM team from CDZ sometime in the future.

Melifluous
07-05-2005, 01:54
Added.

You could jump in for this one [mischief]

Melifluous

romeothemonk
07-05-2005, 02:00

Added.

You could jump in for this one [mischief]

Melifluous

I am soon to be married (Friday the 13th) [charge]
I am then honeymooning.
I made a deal with the wife to limit myself to 2 Sg's at a time, and I am in 2 at CFC at the moment. (Actually they start when I get back).
Plus I am sure with the roster I have seen that I am not quite up to par with those gents, but will be shortly. 2 more LK deity games to temper my skills should really help, then I can be a solid contributor.

Melifluous
07-05-2005, 02:05
quote:Originally posted by romeothemonk

...then I can be a solid contributor.

Damn Col and I were just relying on being charming [lol]

Good luck on being married, I am too (just over 5 years now).

A man without a woman is incomplete.

A man with a wife is finished.

Melifluous

Mistfit
07-05-2005, 17:19
I'd like to request permission to lurk again. I wholeheartedly enjoyed the previous thread. I of course will not divulge any info from here to the others I lurk.

Melifluous
07-05-2005, 20:28
Added.

Melifluous

Mistfit
07-05-2005, 20:42
WAAARRRGGGHHH!!

(That's orc for thanks, and everything else AFAICT)

mad-bax
09-05-2005, 14:48
I have added Kingreno and veralynne to your roster on C3C.
It would be helpful if I had some idea of how good veralynne is just for the records. KR has been promoted from Emperor to Sid BTW. Meli is still Deity despite his protests.

Melifluous
09-05-2005, 15:54
quote:Originally posted by mad-bax

I have added Kingreno and veralynne to your roster on C3C.

Erm Col was being Col and couldn't 'be arsed' to type his name right. His name is Socralynnek. I know him well from the Hattrick forums here. Committed player of the CDZ Cup and all round good guy, known as "He who set's up quick links in the Federation for the toto!!"

It would be helpful if I had some idea of how good veralynne is just for the records. KR has been promoted from Emperor to Sid BTW.

Not sure what Socralynnek's Civ is like though...
KR Sid? [goodjob]

Meli is still Deity despite his protests.

[:o]

Melifluous

col
09-05-2005, 15:58
[blush] He'll always be just Vera to me.

We'll meet again ...Dont know where ... Dont know when ...

col
09-05-2005, 15:59
So the team this time is

Col - capt ;)
Meli
KingReno
Anarres
Socralynnek

Any one else??

edit: and Papa Bear said who's been editing my posts?
edit2: and Golden Spam said me. Just correcting Socralynnek's name. Apologies.

mad-bax
10-05-2005, 18:40
So far I have 11 6 man teams, and one 5 man team [ponder]

Mistfit
10-05-2005, 18:51
If you end up being one short and need to fill a spot I would be willing to step in.

I am Emperor/DG level
Prompt with my saves
outspoken with my opinion
very willing to take instruction and or criticism

If not I will enjoy Lurking.

I will warn you that my history with the SGOTM is spotty at best (2 wooden spoons) but I was involved in a very interesting gifting of a fully improved Modern Age city to an AI in SGOTM02.

Melifluous
10-05-2005, 18:58
I think Misty here should join us!

You've read SGOTM6 stuff here right?

Then you know that you can pretty much do/say anything in our SG's and get away with it.

Twould be an honour to have you onboard.

Or rather.
I shall put the idea forward to our Captain and see what he says [:P]

Not.

Welcome Mistfit. Now post at CFC.

Melifluous

mad-bax
10-05-2005, 19:22
Yeah - play Misty for me. :D

col
10-05-2005, 19:34
Welcome to the CDZSGTOM team Missedit.
Looks like we're complete and ready to go.

So has anyone played AWD before??

Melifluous
10-05-2005, 19:42
[lol]

Melifluous

Mistfit
10-05-2005, 20:03
Thanks I'll go sign up at CFC.

AWD??? Nope not me. I'm searching through the succession games looking for examples as we speak.

col
10-05-2005, 20:35
Yeah - I saw Meli in there too.

I've played a AWE on a Pan - which doesnt look like being too much help. Looks like we're on a pelo map where contacts will be easier to manage.

anarres
10-05-2005, 21:43
My games are nearly always oscillating war verging on always war. Until we know our opponents we can't do too much, but if we are alone we can go farmer for a while, and if we have just 1 on our island we can almost go farmer (defensive war while expending).

Melifluous
11-05-2005, 01:24
That's the kind of calm influence I need to hear.

I tried a 3CC Regent Always War (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60394) game and an AWR (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=44540).

AWD makes me want to defecate.

Frequently.

Melifluous

Kingreno
11-05-2005, 21:14
Too much depends on the layout of the map to start guessing now what will be "the great tactic". If there is a civ on our island a group of spears backed by some archers can easily maintain against one AI.

barbu1977
11-05-2005, 23:42
Please put me on the lurker list.

I will lurk with honnor and respect the lurker code of laws.

Melifluous
12-05-2005, 00:15
Please I think we need more dedicated lurkers (groupies)

People who agree to not look at other groups threads and chip in with some meaningful comments.

However this is Always War, advice on general tactics and combat efficiency would help.

God I hope we have mountains nearby, they make perfect killing groups...

But I digress.

Welcome BigMan! (yes we've seen the pictures)

[mischief]

Melifluous

Darkness
13-05-2005, 12:00
Meli, could you please remove me from the access list for SGOTM 7? Thanks :)
Reason: I'm playing this one (as a training game) with another team.

Melifluous
13-05-2005, 13:59
Understood Darkness.

[goodjob] on offering your help.

Melifluous

barbu1977
13-05-2005, 15:02
The big guy is still without access.[wavey]

Melifluous
13-05-2005, 16:00
Hmm sorry man.

Adding you now.

Melifluous

Mistfit
13-05-2005, 18:38
Team lists are out. Make sure your nickname is spelled correctly or you wont be able to use the upload system.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2761602&postcount=138

Although MB did say he corrected this:
I also spelled anarres as "annares" again, and have corrected that also.

Team Wacken and Team Grumpy seem to be the strongest as far as what's listed there

akots
13-05-2005, 19:16
Wacken seems indeed a formidable team but not sure about Grumpy. There is a bunch of players who say "Sid" but I would not wage any bet on them to win this run. Klarius and NP are only two players and that might be not enough.

I do also thinks that Mistfit and socralynnek are terribly underqualified in the table and that CDZ has a fair chance against Wacken.

Mistfit
13-05-2005, 20:45
quote:I do also thinks that Mistfit and socralynnek are terribly underqualified in the table
Well I do appreciate the complement but I can honestly say that I have never played a personal epic game above Emperor. I have played in quite a few SG's that were higher but I digress...

My previous comment was intended to point out our competition that we will end up crushing [python] under our boots before the end of the competition not to say I feared them in any way :D

Although Team Grumpy probably has the most experiance in this months Variant AFAICT.

Darkness
13-05-2005, 20:47
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

Team lists are out. Make sure your nickname is spelled correctly or you wont be able to use the upload system.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2761602&postcount=138

Am I in trouble or what? [crazyeye] ;)

Mistfit
13-05-2005, 21:08
[hmm] No I don't think so. MB just has tendancies of mis spelling things that can cause problems down the road. 2 of the three times I've played SGOTM he's gotten my name wrong and I could not download from the server until it was corrected.

Darkness
13-05-2005, 21:16
@Mistfit: I was referring to the fact that the experience of my team members is slightly less than for the other teams... ;)
I'll just hide behind the training game principle! :)

@akots: Meldor and Handy900 are definately SID level players. I agree with Mistfit. Teams Wacken and Grumpy are CDZ's main competition for this game.

akots
13-05-2005, 23:37
I'm 100% sure that either of 4 CDZ members which were not listed as Sid can fare way better than these two on Sid. ;)

Seems they just never tried and did not clearly know what to do. Once you know and are patient enough, it is fairly easy. I've played a number of game with Doc, Handy, etc and was not impressed at all.

Melifluous
14-05-2005, 00:00
I still dont see this game as a competition.

I just lurve playing with other like minded men (this comment is for Cols benefit, he's bound to quote it [rolleyes])

The team spirit is great (albeit slightly confrontational) and like Mistfit I have never completed an SP game higher than Deity. The tech deficit upsets me at the start and the AI cramp my farming style really badly.

However saying that I did start a small Deity Archi map and tried always war. Its 230BC and I'm still alive, about to start pushing the locals (English) back at the moment. Maybe this wont be too bad?

Mad-Bax still rates me as Deity just cos I played in an SG with him, can't actually remember which one [blush]

Anyways,

I want the game to start :)

Melifluous

col
14-05-2005, 01:37
Well if it comes to experience, we have been playing Civ3 now for a hell of a long time now. Anyone remember the tournament at CFC ;)

Ratings are largely bollocks. We all know how to play and micromanage. We cant always be arsed to do so (until A kicks us).

I would just point to my pbem record v Meli, v killer and v Erikk.

col
14-05-2005, 15:53
Anar cant make it. :(

NE1else want to be our 6th player???

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeaase.

Pastorius
14-05-2005, 17:21
<s>Harass</s> Convince Kemal till he agrees to join [mischief];)

Mistfit
14-05-2005, 23:30
CFC thread is open for business

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=118852

Edit: I still think we need to add someone to the list. I'm new here so I don't know who to ask. I've read Kemal's stuff so I think that he would be a great addition. Any takers?

col
15-05-2005, 01:09
Come on guys. A little warmup before the final.

Mistfit
15-05-2005, 17:28
My guess is that if we don't sugget someone MB willassign someone to our team.

Melifluous
15-05-2005, 17:53
I'm all for saying that anarres is still a member of the team, who just needs like a permanent skip or somink.

I mean how many sets of turns did Killer play in SGOTM6?

Melifluous

col
15-05-2005, 19:20
Fair comment.

kuningas
23-05-2005, 20:06
Can I get access to SGOTM7 forum?

Melifluous
23-05-2005, 20:18
You in any other teams?

Melifluous

akots
23-05-2005, 23:37
@Kuningas: you are in.

@Meli: No, he is not.

Melifluous
24-05-2005, 02:17
bah.

I had to ask.

[spamfairythoughtpolice]

Melifluous

kuningas
24-05-2005, 15:09
Thanks.

Darkness
15-06-2005, 14:37
Meli, can I please get access to the SGOTM7 forum again? My teams game is over...
Thanks

Melifluous
15-06-2005, 14:52
Shit

That was erm, quick?

You're in, but no spoilers please... ;)

Melifluous

Darkness
15-06-2005, 14:56

You're in, but no spoilers please... ;)

I'll just read and keep my mouth shut, ok? :)

Melifluous
15-06-2005, 15:24
I wouldn't go so far as to ask you to shut up, but nothing like "Dude, 2 more squares to the east and you'll meet the Americans!" [:P]

Comments such as "Dudes! You rock!" would be ok I suppose [mischief]

Melifluous

grahamiam
17-06-2005, 17:28
knock, knock, lemme in. Team Wacken's all done :) Akots can vouch for that.

Melifluous
17-06-2005, 18:18
Sheesh.

You guys won already?

[goodjob]

Melifluous

Renata
23-06-2005, 23:01
Hi, may I have forum access? We're done, and I'm feeling nosy after spelunking everybody else's discussions but yours. No chitchat, I promise.

Renata

akots
23-06-2005, 23:33
You're in. Have fun. And wellcome to CDZ!

Renata
23-06-2005, 23:47
Thanks, Akots. :)

Renata

bed_head7
06-07-2005, 07:31
Lemmein!

Mistfit
06-07-2005, 07:46
I can't and all of our illustrious members that can are all prolly sleeping in thier cozy little beds (getting bedhead ATM)

EDIT: Oops I did not see akots lurking about.... He can do it.

akots
06-07-2005, 22:20
You're in. Enjoy.

Whomp
06-07-2005, 22:34
Can I come in and watch?

akots
06-07-2005, 22:52
Did you finish? Yes apparently. Ok, go ahead, take a look.

jeffelammar
21-07-2005, 00:54
Heya- I too would like in :)

Hope you guys are enjoying this one

akots
21-07-2005, 01:26
You're in, enjoy.