PDA

View Full Version : Match Results Day 13 Season 25

Bootstoots
02-05-2005, 22:14
quote:30801 spectators had come to The Yellow Boot this cloudy day. Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Brown - Falbrant, Slipèeviĉ, Fernández - Örnbom, Villar, Biler, Berntsen, Burri - Train, Gruber.

Korn tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. The following players had been chosen: Polk - Ruohomaa, Elkins, Brunet - Qian-Hua, Milea, Townsend, Gribulis - Hooks, Malhan, Suwijn.

In the 12th minute Yellow had a chance to take the lead by an awarded penalty, but Josef Gruber´s shot was blocked by Pit Polk. Varis Gribulis received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 22nd minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Yellows Josef Gruber gave, after 23 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Korn´s Xu Qian-Hua was able to shove the ball in. 1-1. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

Scott Townsend had a good try in the 53rd minute, coming in on a fine move from the left, but the ball went wide. Yellow made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Egil Berntsen completely alone with keeper Pit Polk, who made a spectacular block. Yellow's Egil Berntsen got himself booked after a foul. After 74 minutes Korns Brad Hooks made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 1 - 2. Mats Falbrant put his head to a well placed ball lifted in from the left and scored the 2 - 2 goal in the 83rd minute. In the 85:th minute an unfortunate play by David Brown gave the visitors a chance at the lead, but Varis Gribulis, finding himself alone with the keeper, was unable to take advantage of the situation. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 55 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Yellow player was Silvio Biler. Rickard Örnbom was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Korn player was without a doubt Pit Polk. Xu Qian-Hua on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 2. With this tie against the first place team, I ended his 12-game league winning streak and basically assured that I would get a qualifier. I was surprised I pulled it off, but then again I did control midfield. My last game of the season is against a team that will be completely new, which I should obviously easily win. Barring a qualification catastrophe, it looks like I'll stay up in one of the hardest V series in the USA. :D

Thrawn
03-05-2005, 09:07
quote:11150 spectators arrived at Marlin Stadium, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Everyone was excited about the upcoming New Zealand North derby and the crowd was divided evenly. Marlins tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Refkivanza - Cassella, Noonan, Packer - Daish, Tuilagi, Johnson, Waaka, Mullane - Allen, Ibrahim.

gladiators2004 tactics involved an interesting 5-3-2 combination. Lineup: Gibbon - Leunk, Hermosilla, Gad, Dühren, Cawley - Bain, Payne, Popper - Elkjĉr, Limberg.

Marlins saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of gladiators2004. gladiators2004 had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 2nd minute when Russell Payne came up alone against Eko Refkivanza who managed a block. Jeff Packer of Marlins received a yellow card in the 18th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. gladiators2004 were able to mount several counterattacks, such as the impressive one in the 27:th minutes, but Allesandro Leunk lofted a free kick over the crossbar. In the 39:th minute cheers broke out as Anthony Allen found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for Marlins. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Mohammad Ibrahim squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 40:th minute, asserting the lead to 2 - 0. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Marlins, with an impressive 82 percent possession of the ball.

Jeff Packer increased Marlinss lead to 3 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. The structure of the game started to change as Marlins decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Solveig Dühren of gladiators2004 received a yellow card in the 59th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The referee showed gladiators2004's Felix Limberg the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Marlins, bringing the final ball possession rate to 85 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Marlins player was without a doubt Taylor Tuilagi. However, Buddy Mullane made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating gladiators2004 player was without a doubt Allesandro Leunk. However, Russell Payne made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 3 - 0.

I think I need to expand my stadium. :/

Shabbaman
03-05-2005, 09:54
I won, but I lost two of my midfielders for four weeks.

Dell19
03-05-2005, 12:05
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

I won, but I lost two of my midfielders for four weeks.

Unlucky 13? I had 2 injuries for 7 weeks in total (5 + 2).

socralynnek
03-05-2005, 14:34
13 matches, 39 points!
11 matches where I conceded no goals.
But the next match is always the most difficult (freely translated proverb by Sepp Herberger)
If I lose my away team against the second team, I will not be champion (which makes 45000 Euros difference)

I piced against the 3rd and still won 7-0!