PDA

View Full Version : What happened with CDZ?!

ProPain
02-05-2005, 13:55
My guess is you all want to know why CDZ was down for 3 consecutive days. I'll try to explain why although much is still unexplained for me too.

Due to unknown reasons the server crashed on friday. My access stopped around 16:30 iirc, but i understood from others that access was denied starting 14:00 GMT +1

Saturday I started my attempts to contact support. Sadly saturday wasnt just saturday, it was Queensday: no one to be reached. I submitted an online support request, but that was also not picked up. Finally I tried the SMS service, but access to this was denied. No more means were at my disposal untill monday.

Called support this morning, they immediately started a reset and things were solved. Questions that remain:

- Why wasnt noticed that the server was down, this should normally be noticed and acted upon within 3 hours. : No one knows yet
- Why wasnt it possible for me to send an SMS: no one knows

I'll write an email to customer service to voice my discontent with the whole matter and I'll start some action to regain entrance to the SMS emergency reset service. On top of that I'm contemplating buying additional reset services. Not sure this is still possible though as they should be bought when the server is procured.

Keep you posted and my apologies for the downtime.

PP

Lt. Killer M
02-05-2005, 14:08
PP: nobody here has any doubts that you and anarres do whatever you can to ensure things do smoothly with CDZ!

Thanx for keeping us posted on this mishap!

Shabbaman
02-05-2005, 14:12
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

- Why wasnt it possible for me to send an SMS: no one knows

Time to pay the phone bill ;)

Sounds like "collective slacking" at the hosting company. They've been good for us so far, let's hope they'll learn something from this and resolve it so it doesn't happen again. Otherwise, we'll have to whip 'em [whipped]

DrAlimentado
02-05-2005, 14:36
yeah, sounds like they fumbled the ball on a holiday w/e.

Lets hope they realise the error of their ways (or we send shabba round with his whipping boy [whipped][shabba])

Whomp
02-05-2005, 17:16
I'm embarrassed to say it but I kind of missed everyone. [lol]
Thanks for getting it up and running again Propain.

anarres
02-05-2005, 17:30
I had to go and enjoy the sun! [eek]

Pastorius
02-05-2005, 19:42
I thought I had gained extremely good willpower - enough to stay away from CDZ.

Not really - I thought anarres had followed my request to be ...erm...temporarily disallowed from posting...

Guess not :(

anarres
03-05-2005, 12:36
As I said in PM Paal - if you *really* want to be banned it can be arainged. I just don't believe you atm. [:p]

Ginger_Ale
03-05-2005, 14:04
...and don't trust anarres and ProPain to unban you. [:o]

Pastorius
03-05-2005, 14:21
Anarres, did you not receive email from me?

Grille
03-05-2005, 14:29
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Anarres, did you not receive email from me?

[hmm]
Maybe the mail server was down as well?
ISDG account was not accessable at some point, but I could receive Beam's save a bit later.

Matrix
03-05-2005, 17:30
quote:Originally posted by anarres

I had to go and enjoy the sun! [eek]

"had to"? [slanteye]