SoZ: off (i.e. no ivory)
SGLs: off

Surprise us

Results:
Killer (up first) is Player1, and plays Babylon
Mistfit is Player5, and plays India

Mistfit
29-04-2005, 00:24
BTW ~ Open to all help/suggestions/hints/spam (well not to much spam:D)

I've not seen the map as of yet as Killer plays 1st and we just got the game today.

Darkness
29-04-2005, 00:26
Good luck! :)

Mistfit
05-05-2005, 02:30
First things First...Holy cow Darkness this is a sweet start. I hope for my sake you plunked Killer in the middle of some tundra.
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Mistfit/2005550401_Killer_MistFit_Start.jpg

What happened to my 4000BC turn? This says it's 3950BC... All of the others with the exception of Killer have 50 Points. Do we start off 1 turn later or is that just an issue of game mechanics?

Thoughts:
In the Game:
Mongols - Warrior Code Pottery
Romans - Warrior Code Alphabet
Vikings- Warrior Code Alphabet
Persians - Bronze Working Masonry
Zululand - Warrior Code Pottery
Egypt - Masonry Ceremonial Burial

Killer
Babs - Bronze Working Ceremonial Burial

Me:
India - Alphabet Ceremonial Burial

Warrior Code = 4
Alphabet = 3
Ceremonial Burial = 3
Bronze Working = 2
Pottery = 2
Masonry = 1

With only 2 opponents with Pottery I will research it to insure my ability to get my settler factory up an running smoothly.

First PBEM Town (My home town)

Ginger_Ale
05-05-2005, 03:28
You do have to start at turn 1, or 3950 BC. Killer didn't move either. This is because the mapmaker enters passwords, iirc.

Also, the AI start on mountains so they don't get an extra turn, usually, but ask the map maker for this one, and see if they did or not.

Darkness
05-05-2005, 11:14
GA is correct. The AI didn't start on mountains for this game, so you'll have to deal with a one turn lag behind the AI. Considering the starts you both got, that shouldn't be a problem... :)

Pastorius
05-05-2005, 11:58
Wow. Fur, 2cows, river, 2bg!!! [goggle]

And with our help, how can you fail [mischief]

Good luck man! I guess it is time to improve em cows first, ey? (west, improve cow, then cross river, and improve cow, bg, etc) Nice forests to chop too [groucho]

Mistfit
05-05-2005, 20:28
Is anyone else having problems uploading pictures?

akots
05-05-2005, 21:39
Just keep them under 200K and name without space and special characters.

Mistfit
05-05-2005, 22:05
Thanks Akots! (the 200k thing was hampering my attempts)

Well the start looks even better when you plunk down the city.
I've laid out my starting moves. If you see a glaring error let me know.

1.) Irrigate and road 1st cow
2.) Irrigate and road 2nd cow
3.) Mine and road BG
4.) Chop/Road/mine one of the furs dependant upon which direction expansion will take place in.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Mistfit/200555204856_yummie.jpg

To me It looks as if there is desert to the north and Ocean (or water anyway to the North East so I will send my warrior straight west to look for contact and settleable lands.

akots
05-05-2005, 22:15
Nice start indeed. This is not single-player game, so granary after warrior with chop seems like a very tempting move, hard to tell. But you need to decide whether you go for philo gambit or not. If you do, it is risky and leaves no time for pottery. If you don't then it might be OK. That is why I don't like to play India. And it all depends on many unknowns whether Killer can make contacts with Rome and Vikings early. [confused]

Pastorius
05-05-2005, 22:16
Ah. Me stoopid. I didnt think about the bonusgrass with river for commerce. Looks like the way to go there man.

Dude! with all those strong tiles, you ll smash the AI in no time.

I bet you ve read up on Killer's play style?

akots
05-05-2005, 22:18
@Paal: You need to study. May be Anarres will show some good will finally... [lol]

Pastorius
05-05-2005, 22:21
Ye ye ye, so I was distracted [:p]

We've talked about it, and I said he didnt need to ban me for this occation.
Tis "late" here in Norway, and I ve finished the chapter I ve been working on for the last 3-4 hours. I wont start another chapter, though I ll read some small articles before I go to bed [:p]

Mistfit
05-05-2005, 22:22
My thought process (although maybe flawed for PBEM) was that only 2 civ's start with pottery. The Zulu and the mongols. So out of the 7 others I;d have to run into one of them to get my Settler factory up and running. I thought of the Philo Gambit but I will miss out on that and puch towards expansion instead of tech for the moment. I don't think missing out on philo is a gamebreaker but not expanding well is.

This is a learning process for me so I appreciate your comments.

akots
05-05-2005, 22:37
Don't know really, hard to tell. It all depends on the map. The faster you get to Republic, the earlier you would be able to revolt. I'm sure you have either Zulu or Mongols on your landmass. But when you are going to meet them, that is a problem.

grahamiam
05-05-2005, 23:28
philosophy is nice, but won't win or lose the game. i think your logic for getting a strong core setup fast is ideal. plus, if you meet the mongols or zulu early, that will just drive the price down such that they'll trade CB for Pott anyways, and you can then get going with other research :)

Mistfit
10-05-2005, 04:31
I saw this and had to add it into the thread.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Mistfit/200551033021_Killer.jpg

[invasion]

Rik Meleet
10-05-2005, 13:33
[lol]

Pastorius
10-05-2005, 22:11
HEHEHEHEHE :D

Mistfit
21-05-2005, 22:32
Has anyone seen or heard from killer in the last week?

Rik Meleet
22-05-2005, 02:34
Yes; I got a PM from him today.

Ginger_Ale
07-06-2005, 00:07
Any updates Mistfit? Or has Killer not yet played the save? ;)

Mistfit
07-06-2005, 00:31
We Just started playing again. It seems that my ISP up and decided his mailings were spam. I believe I have a turn to send back to him tonight

Up-dates soon I promise

Mistfit
08-08-2005, 03:30
Well we are still playing (if at a snails pace)

It's turn 16 and Here is the sitrep
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Mistfit/20058822758_Turn16.jpg
179.56KB

The Egyptians are just to the NW of me.

I whacked a settler pair 2 tiles W of where my redlined Warrior is.
I got 2 slaves out of the deal and hopefully within 6 turns she will talk peace with me (give up some of her tech)

Henry tells me that the game may be over within 3 turns as he has enemy troops outside of his borders.

So I presume he is doing a farmers gambit the same as I am.

I normally would not be so bold as to attack a settler pair when the AI is so close but I figure I might as well go all out on this.