PDA

View Full Version : Match Results Day 11 Season 25

Thrawn
17-04-2005, 16:10
quote:At Marlin Stadium, 11150 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Marlins tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Refkivanza - Noonan, Cassella, Packer - Daish, Tuilagi, Johnson, Waaka, Sparke - Allen, Ibrahim.

Vidamor tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. Lineup: Jackson - Hunter, Craig, Igras, Barnes - Örel, Barker, Z#281;gota, Joshua - Campbell, Allison.

Marlins saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Kenneth Johnson gave his Marlins the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. 24 minutes into the game Colin Barker had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Kerry Queen. With 25 minutes played Bertran Sparke could have brought this one home for Marlins as he charged up on the left, but his hooked ball went just a bit too high. In the game's 28th minute, Vidamor's John Barnes fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked John Barnes for taking a dive. A great save by goaltender John Jackson in the 29th minute kept the visitors in the game as Ray Waaka struck from the left with a real cannonball. Kerry Queen of Vidamor received a yellow card in the 30th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Halftime score was 1 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Marlins, with an impressive 82 percent possession of the ball.

Jimmie Noonan should probably have put his team up another goal in the 51st minute, but some great goaltending by John Jackson kept the visitors in the game. Noah Joshua of Vidamor received a yellow card in the 52th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Mohammad Ibrahim squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 57:th minute, asserting the lead to 2 - 0. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Vidamor's Kristopher Allison got himself booked. Vidamor's Bill Hunter got himself booked after a foul. A well placed corner kick from Mohammad Ibrahim was followed by Robert Daish´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for Marlins. The result now 3-0. In the 76:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Jimmie Noonan dashed through, knocking home 4 - 0 for Marlins. In the 88:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Anthony Allen dashed through, knocking home 5 - 0 for Marlins. By now Marlins were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Marlins held the ball, with a clear 82 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Marlins player was without a doubt Taylor Tuilagi. Jeff Packer on the other hand, had a terrible day. Vidamor's best player was John Jackson. Kerry Queen on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 5 - 0.

#1! #1! #1! The #1 position will be mine for the rest of the season! :D I'll have to have some serious bad luck to lose it, as Vidamor was the only team to have beaten me all season. Plan on spending the prizemoney on upgrading my arena, which is a bit small at the moment.

My midfield hit Weak (very low) this week too, which is great. I'm not expecting it to be there next week, as I MOTSed this game, and will most likely PIC the rest.

Dell19
17-04-2005, 19:06
Congratulations! :D

Very convincing win as well and with a weak midfield you should't do too badly in V.

Melifluous
17-04-2005, 19:31
Yeah nice one Thrawn.

Next season up should be tough though...

Nice to see Wartham 0-2 up at the moment and Toffee's 0-1 up!

I am also 0-1 up atm, even though I made a mistake and accidently chose a 4-4-2 instead of a 5-3-2 which I was trying [crazyeye]

Good job I normally put a forward towards midfield and a winger to defence and forward alternately.

I managed 4 defenders, 3 IM and 2 forwards and a winger ;) So no loss of training I hope, and all my inner-mids are in the right place [godjob]

Melifluous

Melifluous
17-04-2005, 19:32
And as I'm typing wartham hit 0-3 and toffee's go 0-2, start defending ;) and score another. 0-3!

Still 0-1 to me!

Melifluous

Melifluous
17-04-2005, 20:51
quote:
COVEY GDN UTD - Meli's Manglers 0 - 2
Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 25573 at Highbury today. COVEY tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. Lineup: García - Bos, Dochart, Hultsjö, Gobon - Fallon, Dijkstra, Dunaj, Dingboom - Leroux, Pearson.

Manglers had chosen a strategic incomprehensible 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Becerra - Castellanos, Spreadbury, Radley, Carrol - Bryan, Young, de Klaver, Mottram - van de Duin, Eriksson.

COVEY immediately set off pressing their opponents. Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Manglers. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 2nd minute allowed Tomas H. Eriksson to score 0 - 1 for Manglers. Hogan Radley of Manglers received a yellow card in the 35th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. COVEY were able to press their opponents, causing the game to be a bit of a stalemate at times. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Manglers's Mark Bryan got himself booked. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

Manglers came close to extending their lead as Tomas H. Eriksson delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Manglers's Bill Carrol got himself booked. In the game's 67:th minute COVEY´s Amos Dingboom limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. Manglers´s Erdem de Klaver received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 69:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 2. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. By now Manglers were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. COVEY were able to press their opponents, causing the game to be a bit of a stalemate at times. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Manglers, with an impressive 51 percent possession of the ball.

COVEY's best player was Paco García. However, Théo Leroux made a disastrous appearance. Manglers's best player was Xavio van de Duin. Mark Bryan was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 2.

Come on ye bastards!

PIC'ed this and won. My CA beat his pressing.

[party]

Melifluous

Dell19
17-04-2005, 20:53
Nice maybe its not too late to survive in V.

1-7 the final score :) On a PIC.

Melifluous
17-04-2005, 21:32
quote:Originally posted by Dell19

Nice maybe its not too late to survive in V.

I really really dont wanna hang around in div V.

Stupid damn bleedin division 5 bastards...

Melifluous

Kingreno
17-04-2005, 22:12
quote:Manglers had chosen a strategic incomprehensible 4-4-2 formation

Uh oh Mel...that could mean no training this week...what did you do? field 4 inner mids or 4 Central defenders?

Melifluous
17-04-2005, 22:22
I was worried.

Lemme check now.

oh crap.

I did it again. Trying for 3-5-2 I fuck up a move.

I played 4 defenders. One winger to defence.
Other winger plays as forward.

Then I set a Central defender to IM and a forward to IM.

4 IM's = No Training for me. [cry]

I checked just before kick off I did!

Missed it. Missed out.

But fuck it.

I won my first match of the season.

PIC with my B-Team midfield.

[party]

Melifluous

Kemal
18-04-2005, 00:36
Snaken up to the 7th! [dance][party][dance]

quote:
Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 7500 at FC HardBeat United Arena today. HardBeat tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Wardlaw - Oomens, Matthijsse, Bauwens, Zielhuis - Kool, Joelsson, Lanier, Hamid - Combee, van Heukelom.

Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Durzyński - Fleury, Öztürk, Flores D'Arcais - Malmholt, Hintermayr, Kajak, Balyon, Böőr - Sánchez, de Silguy.

HardBeat clearly preferred attacks in the middle. Snaken saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Snaken took the lead after 6 minutes with 0 - 1. Berke Can Öztürk placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. Snaken's Berke Can Öztürk got himself booked after a foul. After the ball got lifted in from the left Carlos Sánchez was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 23 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. The visitors Olivier de Silguy took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 26:th minute. 0 - 2 for Snaken. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. Snaken, bringing the final ball possession rate to 68 percent, dominated the battle.

Krisztián Böőr increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 3. In the to 72nd minute a very unfortunate collision in the home teams penalty area led to HardBeat´s Jérôme Lanier being carried off the pitch and replaced by Kelvin Wuite. Olivier de Silguy was, after 74 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Jack Wardlaw saved. HardBeat reduced the score in the 79:th minute to 1 - 3 when Urban Joelsson got the best of a ball floated in from the left. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last HardBeat´s Kelvin Wuite was able to shove the ball in. 2-3. Snaken´s Sören Malmholt left the field after 81 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Bernie Irvine. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 83rd minute Snaken goal, making it 2 - 4. Olivier de Silguy was noted down as the scorer. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 70 percent possession rate.

HardBeat's best player was Ewoud Oomens. Kelvin Wuite on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Marcin Durzyński. Berke Can Öztürk on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 4.

How these guys scored twice in the 79th minute I'll never understand (even my players had to kick themselves to see if it was true, resulting in my winger getting 2 weeks off 2 minutes later), but doesn't matter at all in the end as the 2-4 is enough to seal promotion, and with only 2 games and a walkover left and 6 points over the no2, the title is virtually in the bag as well! [dance]

And to add to that, I reached 35 stars for the first time in a match in my ht-career! [party]

akots
18-04-2005, 00:59
@Kemal: [thumbsup]