PDA

View Full Version : Match Results Day 9 Season 25

Thrawn
03-04-2005, 15:24
quote:At Marlin Stadium, 10300 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Marlins tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Refkivanza - Noonan, Cassella, Packer - Daish, Tuilagi, Johnson, Waaka, Sparke - Allen, Ibrahim.

United started off with a 5-3-2 lineup. Lineup: Koppala - Onishi, Forsdahl, Seiberl, Munk, Mustãtea - Waltari, Marshall, Maurmair - Hand, Rowe.

Marlins saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. United clearly preferred attacks in the middle. Marlins tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. United were pushed back, and had many dangerous counterattacks, such as the impressive one in the 7:th minute that Joeli Rowe narrowly missed a free kick attempt on. Marlins's Bertran Sparke got himself booked after a foul. United's Åke Waltari got himself booked after a foul. Marlins created a good opportunity to score in the games 12th minute when Taylor Tuilagi`s hooked ball created a scuffle in front of the goal, and the visitors defenders had a hard time clearing the ball. 15 minutes into the game Kenneth Johnson had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Darrell Ashley. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 0. Marlins held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate.

In the 47:th minute Mohammad Ibrahim almost put the home team one ahead on a cross pass coming in from the right, but the shot went wide. In the 68th minute, Marlins's Robert Daish received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 72nd by a breakthrough from Anthony Allen, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Marlins lead up with 2 - 0. Ray Waaka finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Marlins, bringing the final ball possession rate to 67 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Marlins player was Taylor Tuilagi. Darrell Ashley on the other hand, had a terrible day. United's best player was Constantin Mustãtea. Joeli Rowe on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 0.

Into #1 spot I go! :D Winning by a point over #2 and #3, but I'm outright #1. Anthony Allen is also top scorer in the league with 11 goals.

The only downsides of this match were Daish getting his 3rd yellow card, and Johnson getting injured for two weeks. :(

Stat compare:

quote:Black Marlins
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: Match of the Season
Tactic: Attack on wings
Tactic skill: formidable

Midfield: poor (very high)
Right Side Defence: weak (very high)
Central Defence: poor (very high)
Left Side Defence: poor (high)
Right Side Attack: poor (high)
Central Attack: poor (very high)
Left Side Attack: poor (high)

Mugod United
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Attack in the middle
Tactic skill: formidable

Midfield: wretched (low)
Right Side Defence: weak (high)
Central Defence: passable (very high)
Left Side Defence: inadequate (low)
Right Side Attack: weak (very low)
Central Attack: weak (very low)
Left Side Attack: wretched (very high)

I'm just wondering if my midfield may have been weak (very low) had Johnson not been injured.

Dell19
03-04-2005, 15:45
Does the other team actively train?

Nice win btw just curious as I have two teams like that in my league who end up losing because they have never really trained so they lose the midfield battle.

Kemal
03-04-2005, 22:48
Arrangements for the celebrations of another promotion have begun, difference with the no3 in my league is now 7 points after today's game!

quote:
A scorching day at fc emmen Arena, where 14408 spectators were in place for today´s match. emmen had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Davids - Pirzada, Bemelmans, Boshouwers - Cederskär, Gasse, Crookshanks, Winther, Sikora - MacPhedran, Lobjois.

Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Durzyñski - Meesen, Öztürk, Flores D'Arcais - Malmholt, Hintermayr, Kajak, Balyon, Böõr - Sánchez, de Silguy.

emmen mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. Olivier de Silguy came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 3rd minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Eef Davids managed to tip the ball to a corner. emmen had a good opportunity to take the lead as Scott MacPhedran came up the left side, but he struck the ball weakly and it went straight into the arms of Marcin Durzyñski. Karsten Winther behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 32nd minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. After 35 minutes Snaken put themselves up by 0 - 1 as Laurenty Kajak finished off a strike from the left with a real cannon placed at the far post. After 41 minutes Snakens Wietse Balyon had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Florian Lucado came in instead of him. 43 minutes into the game Charly Bemelmans had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Davy Hartog. In the 43rd minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 2 as Diego Flores D'Arcais finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. Snaken, bringing the final ball possession rate to 62 percent, dominated the battle.

The visitors Olivier de Silguy took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 60:th minute. 0 - 3 for Snaken. Paddy Pirzada of emmen received a yellow card in the 73th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. One of many good passes from Krisztián Böõr at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Olivier de Silguy, scoring for Snaken to 0 - 4. The structure of the game started to change as Snaken decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Florian Lucado could have put his team up another one in the 87:th minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. Diego Flores D'Arcais of Snaken received a yellow card in the 88th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Snaken, with an impressive 67 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating emmen player was without a doubt Luke Crookshanks. Rafaël Gasse on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Snaken player was Marcin Durzyñski. Wilm Meesen on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 4.

Great news for unemployed doctors around the land was Snaken's 3.5 star midfielder having to be carried off the pitch on a stretcher in agony.. :(
But the teammates quickly had their revenge by kicking my opponents 90K 34 years old excellent experienced midfielder and captain into retirement! :D

Also, an unexpected but very happy occurence was my other - solid - midfielder Laurenty Kajak reaching 3.5 stars as well, no idea how he has done it but fine hopefully he can keep it up. :)

Melifluous
03-04-2005, 23:01
quote:
Meli's Manglers - Duffield Dynamoes 1 - 2

View game: HT Live
Date: 03/04/2005 at 18.00
MatchID: 35888910
Arena: Meli's Manglers Arena
Crowd: 14472

14472 spectators had come to Meli's Manglers Arena this cloudy day. Manglers started off with a 5-3-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Becerra - Bryan, Spreadbury, Carrol, Castellanos, Radley - de Klaver, Dzhugashvili, Mottram - Young, van de Duin.

Duffield had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Majerski - Pavesi, Magnusson, Longhurst, Gazali - Bosch, Falmar, Bohborn, Eggbeck - Blake, Montes.

Manglers were relying on their ability to counter-attack. 20 minutes into the game Harvey Blake was a hair´s breadth away from giving Duffield the lead. A prompt block by Félix Becerra saved the home team that time. Manglers tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. The cannonball from 35 metres by Bill Carrol of Manglers was an impressive sight, but didn´t make it into the net. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Duffield, with an impressive 58 percent possession of the ball.

Duffield had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 49:th minute when Jarl Eggbeck came up alone against Félix Becerra who managed a block. In the 62nd minute cheers broke out as Bart Young found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for Manglers. The visitors almost came back with an equaliser in the 64:th minute after a good combination down the middle, but as Agostino Montes was to put closure on the raid he couldn´t deliver a shot hard enough to seriously challenge the keeper. A header from Harvey Blake connected with a corner kick after 83 minutes, and the ball ended up with Giancarlo Pavesi of Duffield who shot the 1-1 goal. After 86 minutes Duffields Geoffrey Longhurst made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 1 - 2. Manglers had to manage with a reduced squad from the 88th minute on, as Bill Carrol got sent off for a foul in a free situation. Duffield were forced to a substitution as Jarl Eggbeck couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Wojciech Mickiewicz to come in from the sidelines. Duffield, bringing the final ball possession rate to 55 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Manglers player was Xavio van de Duin. Stephen Mottram on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Duffield player was without a doubt Giancarlo Pavesi. Wojciech Mickiewicz on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 2.

Damnit. 1-0 up with 8 minutes left to play.

I lose 1-2. 2nd best defender gets a straight red 2 minutes from time.

Still HO says he outstarred me 27 - 41 so I guess that 1-2 aint so bad.

Also I have yet to have a counterattack ever despite being formidable at it [saiyan]

Stupid game [:P]

Melifluous

Dell19
04-04-2005, 00:47
quote: bedwardios FC - Wartham United 1 - 4

View game: HT Live
Date: 03/04/2005 at 18.00
MatchID: 35938973
Arena: The Bedwardios Fortress
Crowd: 19674

19674 spectators had found their way to The Bedwardios Fortress, despite the heavy rain. bedwardios tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Bagwell - Abel, Kärrstad, Duverger - Goodacre, Rublevskis, Tarallo, Drane, Cannon - Broekhuizen, Murthi.

Wartham tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. Lineup: Gray - Edwards, Matthews, Budd - Pelgrims, Crook, Moulin, Laporte - Wallace, Ryan, Smets.

Wartham mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. After 8 minutes Warthams Guy Smets made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 0 - 1. In the game's 16th minute, bedwardios's Anton Kärrstad fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Anton Kärrstad for taking a dive. In the 17:th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 2 as Matthew Ryan finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. Robert Pelgrims came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Tommy Bagwell, hitting the bar. 41 minutes into the game Guy Smets had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Paul Hammond. Wartham´s Paul Hammond received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 41st minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 3. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. After this Wartham lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Wartham's Matthew Ryan got himself booked. 0 - 3 was the half-time score. Wartham held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

Nicolae Laporte had a hard time on the water infested pitch - his trademark technique was nowhere in sight this day. bedwardios´s Anton Kärrstad got the home crowd going when he finished off a left wing charge putting the away teams lead down to 1 - 3. Jorn Broekhuizen had a good opportunity to reduce in the 70:th minute but wasn´t cool enough. The ball went miles over the bar. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Wartham's Jules Moulin got himself booked. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 78:th minute Wartham goal, making it 1 - 4. Matthew Ryan was noted down as the scorer. Wartham held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

Most important bedwardios player was Jorn Broekhuizen. Mathew Drane on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Wartham player was without a doubt Robert Pelgrims. Jon Edwards was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 4.

Closer than it should have been because he injured my star striker just before half time for two weeks and also my technical midfielder got bogged down in the rain and lost a star. Nice revenge for losing the same match 5-1 last season and also he gets a smaller crowd since it rains. Lovely. :)

Thrawn
04-04-2005, 01:45
quote:Originally posted by Dell19

Does the other team actively train?

Nice win btw just curious as I have two teams like that in my league who end up losing because they have never really trained so they lose the midfield battle.

I'd assume so as I'm the only team that's beaten them all season.

Bootstoots
04-04-2005, 05:38
quote:A brilliantly sunny day had enticed a crowd of 32723 to James T. Valvano Memorial Stadium. MOABs started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Ørbæk - Casares, Faur, Miller - Eysker, Kirk, Aramburu, Bercic; - Tjäderblom, Sahin, Wallace.

Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Pilar, Piñeiro, Berntsen - Örnbom, Villar, Biler, Righetti, Burri - Tomlin, Train.

In the 1st minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Billie Tomlin put the ball away for 0 - 1. Egil Berntsen behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 33rd minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. Yellow's Tomislav Pilar got himself booked after a foul. The player down was Alton Miller. The MOABs bench looked worried a while but in the end he managed to get up. After a fatal mistake from the away teams right side defense in the 40:th minute, an alert Wolfgang Sahin bagged the ball, evening the score to 1 - 1. Yellow took the lead in the games 42nd minute with 1 - 2 after some elegant plays down the middle. Silvio Biler was the scorer. Yellow came close to extending their lead as Michel Righetti delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. 1 - 2 was the half-time score. This part of the game had been a standoff between the teams.

With a shot floated in from just outside the penalty area in the 62nd minute, Wolfgang Sahin of MOABs evened the score to 2 - 2. Tomislav Pilar of Yellow got sent off for kicking the ball after the whistle, a completely uncalled for move, earning him his second yellow card of the game. MOABss Thomas Wallace gave, after 70 minutes, the home team a 3 - 2 lead after an attack coming in from the right. The visitors didn´t give in and after 74 minutes Rickard Örnbom got through the home sides central line of defense, rolling in the levelling goal to make it 3 - 3. This part of the game had been a standoff between the teams.

The most dominating MOABs player was without a doubt Thomas Wallace. Alton Miller was a disappointment, however. Most important Yellow player was Michel Righetti. However, Egil Berntsen made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 3 - 3. I'm quite happy with this result. We had even midfields and he crushed me in attack. This puts me up to 6th (for the week) on GD and puts me back in the running for 6th place. I hope I'm able to pull off an upset win somewhere else and secure my position. As it stands, 6th place could go either way.

ProPain
04-04-2005, 10:02
quote:PP SV - nick's dream team 2 - 2

Arena: PP SV Arena
Crowd: 24812

24812 spectators arrived at PP SV Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. PP had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Cohen - Buurman, van Zeeland, van Bommel - Kloppenberg, Drent, van Harsselaar, Schulte, Kiilerich - Niezing, Companjen.

nick's had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: McKevitt - Rijnierse, Toering, Škrobánek - Wallentowitz, Druff, Lindhout, Rappold, Álamo - Stålgren, Vingren.

nick's had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Zeev Cohen saved Alfredo Álamo´s shot headed for the top corner. In the game's 17th minute, nick's's Rudie Rijnierse fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Rudie Rijnierse for taking a dive. One of many good passes from Alfredo Álamo at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Ola Vingren, scoring for nick's to 0 - 1. PP tried to reply with long plays towards the centrally placed strikers, but the visitor´s defence got the best of it. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. nick's, bringing the final ball possession rate to 54 percent, dominated the battle.

PP tried to reply with long plays towards the centrally placed strikers, but the visitor´s defence got the best of it. After a fatal mistake from the away teams right side defense in the 60:th minute, an alert Pascal Schulte bagged the ball, evening the score to 1 - 1. In the games 60:th minute Bengt Stålgren almost gave the visitors the lead, as he clipped a spectacular scissors shot just past the bar. Some quick foot work on the left side of the field in the 76:th minute left nick's´s Alfredo Álamo completely free to score. 1 - 2 for the visitors. With a shot floated in from just outside the penalty area in the 88:th minute, Mees Buurman of PP evened the score to 2 - 2. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by nick's, with an impressive 54 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating PP player was without a doubt Zeev Cohen. Ludo van Zeeland on the other hand, had a terrible day. nick's's best player was Curtis McKevitt. Robin Škrobánek on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 2.

Injuries and extreme drops in form have been pestering PP SV for the last forthnight. I think in total my team suffered a total form drop of 14 point, 3 of which landed on Wis, my formerly 4 star midfielder.

The Shock, The Horror....

At least I managed to pull of a 2-2, I'm having 'I love Zeev Cohen' stickers printed atm, things would be far worse without him in the goal.

Economy wise I'm doing ok, I'm thinking I'll have almost 1M euros in the bank at the end of season and a world class 19 year old keeper to sell. Midfield reinforcements are on the way :)