PDA

View Full Version : Deathmatch IV - * * SPOILER * *

Beam
01-04-2005, 00:58
The real stuff goes here. :)

Just look at the stuff KR gave us to play with:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/20054104945_01units.jpg
103.67KB

Bit short on Bombers (my other hobby besides nuking things [evil]) and very eager to develop Miniaturization for those Alfa Subs.

KR of course keeps an eye on the game and Matrix either automated his workers or is a true ecologist (with purple hair, I say that does not match green stuff like plants). Next turn we'll know if that Barb Panzer had workers for lunch.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/20054105617_01centre.jpg
119.38KB

Kingreno
01-04-2005, 10:27
As can be seen in the pic, the overseer has 30.30.0, meaning no movement is possible. He has however, a rather potent anti-air rating (20) so Bombing him away is not realy an option. To prevent any big trouble I did remove the Zone of Control.

This info is given to all who make a spoiler for this game.:D

What are the deals made by everyone?

Kemal
01-04-2005, 10:44
Hmm, with all that talk about uranium.... could it be our overseer/mapmaker is sitting on the one and only cache of uranium on the map, perhaps? ;)

Or is uranium already available to all? (Haven't kept up well with the open thread I'm afraid..).

Beam
06-04-2005, 21:02
Nope, no Uranium and Alu yet. Greeks are researching Tanks and French are going for Amphi.

akots hit the Greek fleet pretty hard and maybe it wasn't very smart to position a lot of the fleet near the 2-turn demarcation line. Anyway, Greeks got WH now and a calculated guess is that this game will last for quite a number of turns so WW will be an issue for the Romans and none for the Commie Greeks if I read the Civilopedia correctly. Time will tell. Need to be very careful with the fleet now however. :(

Beam
22-05-2005, 23:29
Finally found the hours needed for the turn today. 4 in total, some of that for getting back in to it. Some more for studying the map and try to make a good assessment of the situation.

Key thing is that akots declared war, got an advantage because he got first strike. But he is Republican and will have a serious problem with war weariness. Matrix, his ally, is Monarch which allows for an even higher unit upkeep in big cities but otherwise sucks. Dell and me both are Commie and according to theory is the right gov for the middle to long run. Republic will have an income advantage short term but (as said) ww will be a major factor for akots soon.

Beam
04-10-2005, 19:52
013:

Why are Dell and me at war? Simple, he went into mobilization and did not realize he couldn't build any wonder and only get out after a peacedeal with somebody else. akots and Matrix certainly would not have granted that and I certainly did not look forward to play in an alliance that would be crippled over time. So therefore the plan to declare and make peace to get Dell out of Mobilization.

Meantime akots had left 28 Arties without any defense in a coastal city near one of mines. [scratch] The invading Marine did not even have put the safety of his gun! [rotfl] The easiest plan to bring the Arties into safety was to move them, have Dell capture them, move, recapture next turn and move again. It is debateble imo if such moves are part of the (non-effectual) UN rule akots is referring to, nevertheless it seemed to be a good idea to continue the game in good spirit.

Having said that: a loss of 22 arties is almost as severe as 28 and the 6 he got back are just marginal compared to the original 28. In the end it still is a major shift in firepower balance, cause the artie is one of the most important units in the game at this stage imo.

Nukes will change all of that of course. [evil]

Beam
12-10-2005, 23:33
018:

Game is moving again and at a nice pace given the time needed to play a turn. :)

Dell researched Rocketry, akots and Matrix got it 1 turn after that. Got a spy with both of them. Fission will be in in 4 turns and Dell will have Spaceflight at max. in 7. Which means Tactical Nukes assuming KR ain't fooling us with Uranium. ;) Planning a massive attack on akots in the center. Which is complex because a lot of stuff needs to be in the right place at the right time.

Beam
17-10-2005, 23:36
Dell reported matrix landed a 70 unit SoD. [eek] According to his reports he softened it up well enough for a nice lunch.

Beam
23-10-2005, 20:56
022:

The French-Greek alliance is doing very well as you can read in Dells spoiler. Matrix' SoD was eliminated by Dell at the landing site and he retaliated by capturing Edfu [party]. I bet his spoiler is a very good read!

Meantime akots and me keep on testing each other mostly with smaller battles like another naval battle set-up as a gambit by akots but with a draw at best as a result for him. Greece has more units left in the sea between the 2 of us and that is what counts imo.

Akots seems to be very nervous about upcoming nukes. Rome nor Egypt has discovered Fission yet while Greece already has 4 NucSubs in the water. :)