PDA

View Full Version : Match Results Day 8 Season 25

Thrawn
27-03-2005, 10:24
quote:Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 5308 at ZeNiCa Arena today. ZeNiCa had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Bourne - Lamie, Evans, Goolagong, Walker - Blackman, Holt, Bould, Cummins - Adams-Florou, Chance.

Marlins started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Refkivanza - Noonan, Cassella, Packer - Daish, Tuilagi, Johnson, Waaka, Sparke - Allen, Ibrahim.

Marlins were mostly trying to use the flanks for their attacks. The terraces were silenced in the 4:th minute as Marlins´s Mohammad Ibrahim put the guests ahead 0 - 1, following an attack from the right. The visitors Ray Waaka took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 11th minute. 0 - 2 for Marlins. The referee showed ZeNiCa's Freddy Holt the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Anthony Allen increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 3. Anthony Allen came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over William Bourne, hitting the bar. In the 27th minute, Marlins's Robert Daish received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 3. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Marlins, with an impressive 80 percent possession of the ball.

Marlins increased the lead to 0 - 4 as Taylor Tuilagi scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. After this Marlins lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. The visitors Mohammad Ibrahim took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 64:th minute. 0 - 5 for Marlins. After the ball got lifted in from the left Mohammad Ibrahim was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 68 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 75:th minute Marlins goal, making it 0 - 6. Anthony Allen was noted down as the scorer. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Marlins, with an impressive 91 percent possession of the ball.

Most important ZeNiCa player was Maurice Walker. Darren Lamie on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Marlins player was Taylor Tuilagi. Robert Daish on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 6.

What I expected really. Next week is the critical match. I'll either go to 1st, or drop to 3rd.

Dell19
28-03-2005, 00:25
Won 6-0. One minor injury but I will probaly still play him next week. Goal difference is now the same as the team in first and I've scored more. Admittedly I had the easier game this week.

Bootstoots
28-03-2005, 05:56
quote:
Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 31884 at The Yellow Boot today. Yellow tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Fernández, Slipèeviæ, Falbrant - Burri, Villar, Biler, Righetti, Örnbom - Tomlin, Train.

underworld started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Pernía - Corcodel, Morales, Lazarovich - Moore, Sierra, Hedrick, Bussewitz, Finley - Patrick, Klangstedt.

Yellow saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. It was one fine day for Yves Burri at his wing, especially delicate was his cross pass serving to Rickard Örnbom after 15 minutes of play, but the keeper saved. After 29 minutes underworlds Anders Klangstedt made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 0 - 1. Gonzalo Fernández of Yellow received a yellow card in the 32th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 33rd minute underworld goal, making it 0 - 2. Anders Klangstedt was noted down as the scorer. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 52 percent possession of the ball.

In the games 52nd minute underworld´s Gordon Patrick somehow missed a penalty, the keeper taking a premature dive in the right direction, tipping it. After 55 minutes Billie Tomlin could have reduced had it not been for an excellent block by the visitors keeper Ignacio Pernía. The home side attempted to get through in the middle and had a good chance of pulling one back as Billie Tomlin tried lifting the ball over goalie Ignacio Pernía. Typically, the ball went just over the bar. In the game's 66th minute, underworld's Rocco Finley fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Rocco Finley for taking a dive. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 52 percent possession of the ball.

Yellow´s best player was Michel Righetti. However, Ryan Train made a disastrous appearance. Most important underworld player was Werner Bussewitz. However, Rocco Finley made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 2.
A critical match that I lost, despite holding a slight edge in possession. I fell to 7th with this loss and might end up staying there. I'm hoping for a win in my next league game; if I lose there, I might as well say goodbye to V.

akots
28-03-2005, 14:40
quote:Kievan Rus - Chemists 4 - 3
Date: 3/28/2005 at 01.00
MatchID: 36871767
Arena: Yushchenko Arena
Crowd: 15000
At Yushchenko Arena, 15000 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Kievan had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Gravel - Berger, Moffett, Culver - Maurer, Jones, Alexander, Mill#225;n, Seals - Taylor, Almarza.

Chemists started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. Lineup: Kostiainen - Norris, Cueto, Beal - Robitaille, Stoleru, De Moral, Hammond - Patton, Spencer, Mininni.

The 7:th minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after a leak in the visitors right side defense. Scorer for Kievan was Lindsey Taylor. Lindsey Taylor of Kievan received a yellow card in the 23th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. In the 25:th minute Kievan put themselves up 2 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Carlos Mill#225;n coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. The home sides Carlos Mill#225;n twisted a free kick home in the 29:th minute, putting Kievan ahead 3 - 0. In the 36:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Clinton Berger dashed through, knocking home 4 - 0 for Kievan. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Chemists's Darius Beal got himself booked. The teams went for a half-time break at 4 - 0. Kievan held the ball, with a clear 59 percent possession rate.

With 48 minutes played Seth Maurer could have brought this one home for Kievan as he charged up on the left, but his hooked ball went just a bit too high. In the game's 62th minute, Chemists's Marcos Hammond fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Marcos Hammond for taking a dive. Dominic Alexander of Kievan received a yellow card in the 65th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Will Seals managed to make an excellent pass from the flank, but Alberto Almarza was not as skillfull in scoring. Chemists managed to reduce a bit later to 4 - 1 as Jackie Spencer finished off a well played combination from the left, carving through the defensive box. The game was close to savage at times, and Kievan's Dominic Alexander received a second yellow card in the 79th minute, his ticket out of the game. The home side#180;s Carlos Mill#225;n came close to extending the lead in the 80:th minute. His shot came in off the right hand side but Tuomas Kostiainen managed saving with a fingernail. Baudelio De Moral sailed high, high above the opponents as he headed the 4-2 in after a corner kick after 83 minutes of play. A bit later Chemists#180;s Mark Patton easily reduced to 4 - 3 after a misunderstanding in the home sides central defense line. When Marcos Hammond made yet another studs first tackle in the game's 86th minute, the referee was obliged to book the Chemists player for the second time, sending him off the pitch. Kievan held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Kievan player was without a doubt Will Seals. Sammie Culver on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Chemists player was Anselmo Mininni. Darius Beal on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 3.

Not a big surprise here, the forces are even between us and home advantage is enough to win. Unless this Kievan slips on some other team, I'm not going anywhere. And I can also slip on some team as well but I have matches with numbers 3 and 4 at home while Kievan has these matches away iirc. But he has 666 supporters and I have slightly over 1000, so I'm doing better in the long run. [:P]

Kemal
28-03-2005, 15:17
quote:
12550 spectators had come to FC De Snaken Arena this cloudy day. Snaken started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Durzyñski - Fleury, Öztürk, Flores D'Arcais - Malmholt, Hintermayr, Fjällander, Balyon, Irvine - de Silguy, Kitslaar.

Janszonen tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. Lineup: Bredero - Lens, Rienhart, Segers, van Ham - Jimmink, Friedhoff, van Sprundel, van Groningen - van de Poel, de Visser.

Olivier de Silguy gave his Snaken the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. In the 26:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Olivier de Silguy dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Snaken. 27 minutes into the game Mathieu Fleury had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Wilm Meesen. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Snaken lead up with 3 - 0. Joakim Fjällander finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. After 34 minutes Snaken´s Marcin Durzyñski contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Janszonen´s Gosse van Groningen was able to shove the ball in. 3-1. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Baldemar Hintermayr squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 39:th minute, asserting the lead to 4 - 1. Halftime score was 4 - 1. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 81 percent possession rate.

Baldemar Hintermayr increased Snakens lead to 5 - 1 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. After this Snaken lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Lois Kitslaar almost managed to score another goal for Snaken, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. After an industrious effort down the middle Olivier de Silguy could have closed the game off in the 71st minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. Snaken put themselves up 6 - 1 when Lois Kitslaar broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. 75 minutes into the game Damian Segers had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Wietse Bar. Snaken, bringing the final ball possession rate to 89 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Marcin Durzyñski. Wilm Meesen on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Janszonen player was Anton Bredero. However, Alfred van Ham made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 6 - 1.

Result is great, but the injury for my replacement defender Fleury is a disaster, I'll have to buy another replacement now again, since my original star defender Harold Poorter is still out for 2 weeks. :(

edit: but I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to complain of course, as Marcin Durzynsky managed to end the game with only a slight knock on the foot, if he had been out things would have been much worse. :)

Also, once again I conceded a goal despite having at least two full levels of defending up on my opponents attack, and dominating the midfield not by a small margin... seems there really is no stopping those SE goals then..?

Melifluous
28-03-2005, 23:42
quote:
Pork Piers - Meli's Manglers 7 - 0

View game: HT Live
Date: 27/03/2005 at 18.00
MatchID: 35888904
Arena: The Pie Arena
Crowd: 35946

At The Pie Arena, 35946 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Piers started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Kapur - Sunday, Ahlstad, Tobiasson - Lovelace, Sánchez, Lyytikäinen, Rolfsson, Oswald - Nedoma, Petre.

Manglers tactics involved an interesting 5-3-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Becerra - Spreadbury, Carrol, Radley, Castellanos, Bryan - Carroll, Dzhugashvili, Germain - Young, van de Duin.

Manglers clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their talent for it. Piers were very close to putting themselves one up in the 8:th minute as Nistor Petre got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. Pierss Hadi Sunday gave, after 12 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Piers´s Reyes Sánchez putting the lead up to 2 - 0. The structure of the game started to change as Piers decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Manglers appeared unsure on how to play and their organisation was only passable. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Piers lead up with 3 - 0. Hadi Sunday finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Manglers had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to inadequate. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 0. Piers held the ball, with a clear 79 percent possession rate.

During the break Manglers´s coach went through the teams new tactics yet again, getting them up to solid organisation. Piers put their lead ahead another goal as Roman Nedoma struck home the 4 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. With clinical precision the cross pass from winger Dexter Lovelace found it's way to Roman Nedoma's head, and a screaming header gave Piers 5 - 0. After 68 minutes Roman Nedoma put Piers ahead 6 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. At that, Roman Nedoma was noted down for a hat trick. Manglers had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to passable. The referee showed Manglers's Bill Carrol the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. In the 76:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Nistor Petre dashed through, knocking home 7 - 0 for Piers. Bart Young of Manglers received a yellow card in the 79th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Piers held the ball, with a clear 76 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Piers player was without a doubt Håkan Ahlstad. However, Wisi Oswald made a disastrous appearance. Most important Manglers player was Félix Becerra. Octave Germain was a disappointment, however. The match ends 7 - 0.

No injuries. Best that can be said for it.

Melifluous