PDA

View Full Version : My YS turned Excellent

ProPain
14-03-2005, 15:03
Obviously this information is totally irrelevant to most of you but because I'm happy with it and the average spam% on CDZ is higher than this post anyway:

After slowly increasing my investment over a years timespan.
After waiting a whole season while the screen said "solid"
After enduring worse pull after bad pull

It finally happened......

My YS turned excellent!!!

Now all I need is a decent pull, I'm thinking 17 year old excellent forward :).......

Melifluous
14-03-2005, 15:06
I thought Solid was the best a YP could be?

But congrats anyways :D

Melifluous

Shabbaman
14-03-2005, 15:29
Hey, pretty good. So with the extra income and all, you've got time to look at my email problem? ;)

Since my YS turned excellent I'm able to sell a lot more players. Not that they're worth anything, but it nets me around 5k or so each week. The sole reason I'm doing it? In the "players" menu, you got the option of looking at all your former players. Looks great. A real pity that only youth players (plus starting players) are listed, but hey, better than nothing.

Besides, who needs 20k.

Dell19
14-03-2005, 17:33
The nice thing is that if you do get a trainable player and you sell them then you get a sum when they leave but also some more cash if they are ever sold on later on. I've got one youth pull from a couple of season's ago that has a TSI around 6000 now, just waiting for him to be sold one day.

Kingreno
14-03-2005, 17:34
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

It finally happened......

My YS turned excellent!!!

My solid YS got me arround 600k from 14 YP's and one solid defendertrainee, who is now formidable.

My excellent YS got me 0k from 7 YP's.

Solid is not per se better then excellent, there is even rumor that many long term players get their YS back to solid on purpose...

ProPain
14-03-2005, 21:46
well, getting it back to solid is quite easy and cheaper :)

I don't know what's best. I got a few of my best pulls when I was HIgh-passable/just solid. After that I had a bad streak, last 2 weeks are so so.

We'll see what happens.

Kemal
14-03-2005, 21:53
My believe is that the difference between excellent and solid YS is actually twice as small as that between passable and solid, just like the it works with trainers, and that the real reason to keep investing 20K is to keep it at the solid level (with 10K the max is passable right?), and that the excellent denomination is just there to show that your ys level is now maxed out.

Still,that does mean excellent is (very slightly) better than solid, which it should be of course, but in now way the difference between passable and solid.

Or so I believe, at least. ;)

Schip
15-03-2005, 00:50
well, if the chance off getting a decent pull on solid is say 5% and in excellent it is 6% you need a lot of pulls to notice the difference. I don't think there is any reason to not have it on excellent, unless you are really short on cash. But hey, what;s twenty K nowadays [:p]

yndy
15-03-2005, 15:08
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno
Solid is not per se better then excellent, there is even rumor that many long term players get their YS back to solid on purpose...

the rumor is that solid YS yields better results than Excellent YS. And there are a number of players who brag that they are decreasing the level of their school on purpose.

I suspect Kemal is very right as it seems that in many ways excellent is either half a level above solid or just above it.

For example, it is believed that an 'excellent' coach is half a level above a solid coach but also that excellent form is a cap an that there are no sublevels of excellent. (It was shown that no player in excellent form ever increases its TSI, unless trained or recovering after an injury. Also, at all TSI decreases from excellent form, form drops to solid, except for injuries, skills drop for older players and TSI drop when the player ages.