PDA

View Full Version : looking for another 1x1

grahamiam
02-03-2005, 19:39
hi,
with my game vs romeo over and my game vs gozpel on indefinite hold due to his computer problems, i'm looking for another pbem.

preferences as follows:
small map
6 AI's
level: demigod +/-1
SGL's off
SoZ fixed
pangea, 60% water
no RoP rape, ship chaining, etc.

this is just the basics, all parameters negociable.

my time is GMT -5.

akots
02-03-2005, 20:41
You seems to be a tough one by crushing Romeo so swiftly. ;)

What about no-AI game?

grahamiam
02-03-2005, 21:08
no AI's good for me. what level do you want for tech rate? demigod seemed to work well last time, though i'm open for suggestions.

and i think Romeo just had some bad luck, i didn't do anything particularly exciting.

akots
02-03-2005, 21:34
I'd prefer tuny map Emperor or small DG. This gives more units to fight with and game is progressing a bit faster IMO. In the case of small map, it is possible to stat with 2 settlers but it all comes to the same thing in the end. Another important issue is whether it is continents or pangea or a bunch of islands. Once decided upon this, civs can be picked up and we can ask for a map.

I would roughly say that a continents map begs for a more "intelligent" game where you have to build something else apart from rax and units even may be a wonder or two. But pangea is more fun earlier. In any case it is very difficult to strike a perfect balance of civs so we might consider playing with the same traits.

grahamiam
02-03-2005, 21:57
nice suggestions :) i don't want to repeat the last no AI game i was in, so let's go continents, but within reach of galleys (without requiring the GLight). this can be done by making galleys ok on ocean & sea or by making the landmasses close.

since there's only 2 civ's, lets go tiny.

akots
02-03-2005, 22:21
Ok then: tiny, continents with a few places of 2 sea tiles between them (galley can travel from coast to coast but not from city to coast), Emperor difficulty. Seafaring would be a great advantage over this kind of map so we either both pick seafaring or not seafaring. Same goes for agricultural. Any barbarians? SoZ/KT? SGL? My pref no godie huts with raging barbarians, all others are OK but we better both have ivory or put in onto an island in between the continents. Or no islands at all. Once they get infested with barbarians, it becomes painful to colonize them. Well, may be no rushing Pyramids with SGL but any other wonder is Ok. Seems that we either both play the Dutch traits or pick some alternatives up to taste. And ship chaining obviously not allowed.

grahamiam
02-03-2005, 23:45
ok, i'll redo the preferences from the 1st post

1. tiny, continents, 60-70% water (gally can travel from coast to coast but not city to coast)
2. no AI's
3. level: emperor
4. SGL's off
5. SoZ fixed (no ivory on the map or remove the wonder)
6. no ship chaining, etc.
7. both players have same traits as Dutch (SEA and AGR)
8. raging barbs, no GH's

I don't feel KT is broken so I'd prefer to leave it. Also, I dislike the SGL concept so let's turn it off. I have no preference for barbs, so no gh's with raging barbs is fine.

If the above looks good, then I'll post a map request :)

akots
02-03-2005, 23:57
Also, it might be better we start in a locked war from the very beginning. So, you are willing to take a seafaring civ? Then we should ask for minimal distance of 3 sea/ocean tiles between the continents. This is barely doable on a tiny map unless the continents are very slim. I was thinking more of choosing non-argi and non-seafaring civs both. Like you play Persia and me Rome or something like that. Actually, if you go for Dutch and we keep the distance between the continents at 2 sea tiles, I'm willing to try to impost myself as Haiawatha.

grahamiam
03-03-2005, 00:02
sorry, i misunderstood. i thought you wanted both of us to have the same civ traits. if we're playing different civ's (nonAGR/SEA), then i'll play as Persia. I actually haven't played them in a while.

Why is it better to start in a locked war? So we can't see tech's?

grahamiam
03-03-2005, 00:09
also, Akots, please post a map request, locked war is fine. I have a business meeting for the next 3 hrs and I might not get on the internet when i get home.

akots
03-03-2005, 00:18
This and the eternal issue of who will declare on who so that some war happiness can be gained. This is somewhat of a nonsense imo. I need some time to think about a civ if you pick up on Persia. I'm currently hesitating between Rome, France, Ottomans, Greece, India, Japan, and China. All these might give a fair chance but I just need to think about it.

akots
03-03-2005, 04:00
Roma it be then. No easy life or so it seems.