PDA

View Full Version : Match Results Day 4 Season 25

Kemal
28-02-2005, 10:18
Record breaking crowd at the Snaken Arena resulting in a massive 114K ticket revenue. [yeah]
And none of the punters left disappointed, a very solid display saw Snaken grab their biggest win so far, 8-1!

quote:
15564 spectators had come to FC De Snaken Arena this cloudy day. Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Durzyński - Poorter, Öztürk, Flores D'Arcais - Böőr, Lucado, Hintermayr, Kajak, Malmholt - Sánchez, de Silguy.

HardBeat had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Wardlaw - Rabeling, van Roessel, Zielhuis - Kool, Joelsson, van Tongeren, Wuite, Hamid - Combee, Call.

HardBeat seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. In the 13th minute the home side were awarded a penalty. The visitors protested wildly but the referee was adamant. Baldemar Hintermayr easily put the 1 - 0 goal away for Snaken. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Snaken lead up with 2 - 0. Carlos Sánchez finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Cornelus van Tongeren of HardBeat received a yellow card in the 19:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Olivier de Silguy squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 22nd minute, asserting the lead to 3 - 0. Krisztián Böőr of Snaken received a yellow card in the 29:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. In the 33rd minute Snaken put themselves up 4 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Krisztián Böőr coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. The teams went for a half-time break at 4 - 0. Snaken, bringing the final ball possession rate to 73 percent, dominated the battle.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Snaken lead up with 5 - 0. Olivier de Silguy finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. The structure of the game started to change as Snaken decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Carlos Sánchez should probably have put his team up another goal in the 70:th minute, but some great goaltending by Jack Wardlaw kept the visitors in the game. HardBeats counterattacks were lethal to the opposing defense, allowing Roderik Combee to score easily from the right flank for 5 - 1. Harold Poorter of Snaken received a yellow card in the 82nd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. In the 83rd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Baldemar Hintermayr dashed through, knocking home 6 - 1 for Snaken. Snaken put their lead ahead another goal as Sören Malmholt struck home the 7 - 1 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. Kelvin Wuite tired completely after a while, but the team mates managed to cover for his mistakes. Baldemar Hintermayr increased Snaken´s lead to 8 - 1 from a penalty spot cannonball. By then Baldemar Hintermayr was a three time scorer - a hat trick! The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Snaken, with an impressive 80 percent possession of the ball.

Most important Snaken player was Marcin Durzyński. However, Florian Lucado made a disastrous appearance. Most important HardBeat player was Jeff van Roessel. Mike Call on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 8 - 1.

socralynnek
28-02-2005, 11:41
Won 6-0 away against the 8th.
PICed and my best striker scored 3 times.
I am the only team that won all games and one of my PM trainees got to solid this week...
So, maybe I can field my first team in the CDZ cup because I will be a sure promoter soon...

Thrawn
28-02-2005, 13:33
Dropped to 3rd after this loss, but I'm only 2 points behind. :) Haven't had much luck in the scoring department so far this season either, as evidenced in this game. :( Just bought a new forward to bolster my attack though, so hopefully that'll change.

Pretty happy about dominating possession though, even if it's only just by a little bit. ;)

quote:Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 12255 to Maara Wheke Octopus Playground. Vidamor had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Jackson - Hunter, Craig, Allison, Barnes - Örel, Barker, Z#281;gota, Weissinger - Kalamposis, Nuzzo.

Marlins had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Refkivanza - Cassella, Tuilagi, Noonan, Mair - Packer, Johnson, Waaka, Daish - Allen, Rafter.

Marlins saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 4:th by a breakthrough from Fotis Kalamposis, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper. The visitors almost came back with an equaliser in the 18:th minute after a good combination down the middle, but as Anthony Allen was to put closure on the raid he couldn´t deliver a shot hard enough to seriously challenge the keeper. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. Marlins held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

Ronny Mair behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 50:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. Mitch Craig increased Vidamors lead to 2 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. In the 62nd minute Aaron Rafter had a fantastic opportunity to reply but his shot hit the side of the goal. The visitors got a chance of pulling one back in the 63rd minute, due to a defensive blunder leaving Anthony Allen completely unmarked. His strike was pathetic though, easy prey for the home side´s keeper. With 70 minutes played Vincent Nuzzo could have brought this one home for Vidamor as he charged up on the left, but his hooked ball went just a bit too high. Marlins held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Vidamor player was without a doubt Dominik Z#281;gota. Vincent Nuzzo on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Marlins player was without a doubt Juán Cassella. However, Aaron Rafter made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 2 - 0.

Dell19
28-02-2005, 19:07
Moved up to second with this win although 2 excellent and 1 solid striker still doesn't seem to be enough to regularily convert chances in VI. Anyway next week is the walkover where I will probably play my friendly team and then play my match day team in the friendly. Was my highest ever midfield rating (didn't even have to MOTS) and highest attendence.

quote: Wartham United - R13 UNDERGROUND 2 - 1

Date: 27/02/2005 at 18.00
MatchID: 35938954
Arena: Wartham United Arena
Crowd: 24267

24267 spectators had come to Wartham United Arena this cloudy day. Wartham started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Gray - Budd, Mason, Edwards - Crook, Moulin, Laporte, Pelgrims - Wallace, Kneale, Ryan.

UNDERGROUND had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Marańón - Schwanke, Escobar, Salis, Riba - Gancarczyk, Hasselriis, Grimm, McHugh - Janfelt, Macedo Oliveira.

Wartham seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. Matthew Ryan of Wartham received a yellow card in the 7:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. In the 12th minute cheers broke out as Matthew Ryan found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for Wartham. 16 minutes into the game UNDERGROUND´s Aníbal Escobar found a gap in the home sides central defense scoring to make it 1 - 1. Cain Wallace gave his Wartham the lead with 2 - 1, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. Halftime score was 2 - 1. Wartham held the ball, with a clear 70 percent possession rate.

The home side´s Nicolae Laporte came close to extending the lead in the 50:th minute. His shot came in off the right hand side but Javier Marańón managed saving with a fingernail. After 66 minutes, a couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area by Cain Wallace might have resulted in another goal for Wartham. However, Javier Marańón made a spectacular save. In the game's 77:th minute Wartham´s Jules Moulin limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. Wartham, bringing the final ball possession rate to 68 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Wartham player was without a doubt Nicolae Laporte. Max Mason was a disappointment, however. The most dominating UNDERGROUND player was without a doubt Czes#322;aw Gancarczyk. Aníbal Escobar on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 1.

Bootstoots
01-03-2005, 01:20
quote:23207 spectators arrived at The Yellow Boot, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Yellow tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Brown - Fernández, Slipčević, Falbrant - Burri, Mahmoud, Biler, Righetti, Örnbom - Tomlin, Burney.

Faps started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: White - Alim, Janitz, Wood - Siket, Jansson, Chabot, Davidsson, Huston - Weibel, Jaakkola.

Yellow were mostly trying to use the flanks for their attacks. Seemingly due to lack of experience, David Jansson needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. Ken Huston acted with superior experience when in the 16:th minute he predicted a pass, intercepted it and then finished off with a goal to 0-1 for his Faps. Paul Otto Janitz increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 2. A misunderstanding between the visitors keeper Robert White and his left defence could have resulted in a goal for Yellow, but Silvio Biler´s finish was poorly struck. Yellows Yves Burri got himself booked after a foul. Yellow had a brilliant opportunity to reply as Šimun Slipčević received a high ball from the right, striking the ball still in the air. Only Robert White´s reflexes saved him. Halftime score was 0 - 2. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 52 percent possession of the ball.

The visitors Alain Weibel took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 54:th minute. 0 - 3 for Faps. In the 57:th minute Theodore Burney passed through the guests central line of defense, scoring the 1 - 3 goal. In the 57:th minute Yellows Rickard Örnbom received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. In the 61st minute the visitors put themselves ahead 1 - 4 as Pertti Jaakkola finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

Yellow´s best player was Silvio Biler. Theodore Burney on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Faps player was without a doubt Tomas Chabot. Nándor Siket was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 4. My third loss in a row and pretty much the same outcome as last week (except for my reduced midfield). I'm in sixth and hoping that I can maintain that, though even sixth place will require some luck, and I'm not getting that right now.