PDA

View Full Version : League results, day 3 season 25

ProPain
20-02-2005, 22:52
quote:11805 spectators arrived at Smuldorado, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Smullies had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Ris - Bruurmijn, Krebbers, Leunissen - Rengelink, Reijnen, Flesch, Ferrer - Fogelstedt, de Leeuw, Maclean.

PP tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Cohen - Buurman, Boote, van Zeeland - Kloppenberg, Daemen, Schulte, Wis, Kiilerich - Drent, Beugels.

The terraces were silenced in the 1st minute as PP´s Iwan Daemen put the guests ahead 0 - 1, following an attack from the right. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 13th minute PP goal, making it 0 - 2. Iwan Daemen was noted down as the scorer. In the 23rd minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 3 as Sjors Drent finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. Emile Flesch of Smullies received a yellow card in the 30:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. After the ball got lifted in from the left Sjors Drent was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 35 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. Rolf Beugels increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 4. Halftime score was 0 - 4. PP held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

Ludo van Zeeland could have put his team up another one in the 58:th minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. Pascal Schulte increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 5. After this PP lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Ruud-Jan Krebbers got left behind when PP´s Rolf Beugels made a sudden pull forward in the 79:th minute, finishing off with a swift strike. 0-6! After 79 minutes of game time Yuri Kloppenberg received an excellent opportunity to add to the visitors lead, clipping a volley hooked in from the right, but Duco Ris was in the right place, tipping the ball to a corner. PP held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

Most important Smullies player was Ruud-Jan Krebbers. Niek Bruurmijn on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important PP player was Zeev Cohen. However, Mees Buurman made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 6.

I won! first win in the 6th league and quite a good one too!
Sups are happy again and confidence is back up. Not too shabby!

Kemal
20-02-2005, 23:10
Great win indeed, good to see PP SV bounced back well from last wednesday. :)

Snaken got a comfortable 3-0 win, though the manager was a little concerned about converting only 3 out of 8 chances, a recurring problem for Snaken atm, as in the 1st game that same problem resulted in a draw.

First 6 star performance of Durzynski more than made up for that though. [yeah]

quote:
Due to an all-day shower, 8468 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at FC De Snaken Arena. Snaken started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Durzyński - Poorter, Öztürk, Flores D'Arcais - Irvine, Lucado, Hintermayr, Kajak, Malmholt - Sánchez, de Silguy.

popiejopie started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: van Steen - Smeets, Blauw, Theessen - Burink, Zelić, Kramer Nielsen, Carneiro, Ubierna - Habes, Barlagen.

Renger Smeets received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 3rd minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 22nd minute goal by Berke Can Öztürk for Snaken, putting them ahead 1 - 0. Sören Malmholt almost managed to score another goal for Snaken, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. popiejopie managed a counterattack 34 minutes into the game, but Harmen-Jan Barlagen took a soft shot from the left flank that was easy prey for the alert keeper. A long pass from the defense line of popiejopie resulted in a counterattack that set Harmen-Jan Barlagen free in the enemy central penalty box, but his finish went high. Snaken´s Sören Malmholt left the field after 41 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Krisztián Böőr. Bernie Irvine was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Carlos Sánchez managed to kick one of them into 2 - 0 in the 41st minute. Berke Can Öztürk was the first to reach the corner kick, but his header was saved by the keeper. However, Snaken´s Laurenty Kajak managed to get hold of the rebound and scored the 3-0 goal. By now Snaken were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Diego Flores D'Arcais almost managed to score another goal for Snaken, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. 3 - 0 was the half-time score. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 68 percent possession rate.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 50 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Snaken. However, Hildebrand van Steen made a spectacular save. The referee showed Snakens Florian Lucado the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. popiejopie made a substitution in the 74:th minute. Harmen-Jan Barlagen limped off the field and was replaced by Arie van de Castel. After an industrious effort down the middle Carlos Sánchez could have closed the game off in the 75:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 74 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Marcin Durzyński. Florian Lucado was a disappointment, however. popiejopie´s best player was Gust Blauw. Arie van de Castel was a disappointment, however. The match ends 3 - 0.

Dell19
20-02-2005, 23:18
quote:A brilliantly sunny day had enticed a crowd of 7000 to Power_House Arena. Power_House started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Zickus - Arnal, Consolas, Kobćk Larsen - Chudasama, Hutton, Rochester, Galvin, Valenzuela - Ibbotson, Robertsson.

Wartham had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Gray - Edwards, Mason, Budd - Pelgrims, Crook, Moulin, Laporte - Wallace, Ryan, Smets.

Wartham mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. Power_House had a good opportunity to take the lead as Hank Consolas came up the left side, but he struck the ball weakly and it went straight into the arms of Allen Gray. The referee showed Warthams Guy Smets the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Many thought Hank Consolas ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 12th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Allen Gray. 16 minutes into the game Steve Galvin had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came John Davies. After 20 minutes Warthams Matthew Ryan made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 0 - 1. Nicolae Laporte increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 2. The visitors Matthew Ryan took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 34:th minute. 0 - 3 for Wartham. The structure of the game started to change as Wartham decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. In the 36:th minute of the game, Wartham´s Guy Smets had to leave the pitch after receiving his second booking. 0 - 3 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Wartham, with an impressive 60 percent possession of the ball.

After the ball got lifted in from the left Matthew Ryan was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 51 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. After 59 minutes Power_House´s Joel Chudasama contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. The referee showed Warthams Cain Wallace the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Franz Kobćk Larsen went down after a savage challenge, but could keep on playing after some medical attention. Wartham increased the lead to 0 - 4 as Jules Moulin scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. Wartham held the ball, with a clear 77 percent possession rate.

Power_House´s best player was Tim Ibbotson. John Davies on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Wartham player was without a doubt Robert Pelgrims. Max Mason on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 4.

A nice result considering that we had aplayer sent off after 35 minutes although we comfortably won possession so it could have been more if he had stayed on the pitch.

Shabbaman
20-02-2005, 23:38
I won 3-1 v.s. last seasons number 2. I got 7 opportunities, and my opponent (playing 3-4-3 as well) a measely 2. Considering that my players are somewhat out of form, I'm really happy with this result. I assume that the 500k midfielder I got in the interseason is a good addition (duh): his passing and defence skills (resp. passable and inadequate) surely give a boost to my defensive and offensive line. I'll be selling a outstanding striker next week, so I'll definately be looking for an allround midfielder to strengthen my team.

Melifluous
21-02-2005, 00:15
quote:
Going Camando - Meli's Manglers 3 - 0

View game: HT Live
Date: 20/02/2005 at 18.00
MatchID: 35888884
Arena: Going Camando Arena
Crowd: 18878

Due to an all-day shower, 18878 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at Going Camando Arena. People from all of Hampshire had joined up for the derby. Camando had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Miertschink - Wisden, Mack, Hayden - Mizrachi, Lorenz, Sommers, Dennison, Mohr - MacKellachie, Blanchfield.

Manglers had chosen a strategic 4-5-1 formation. The following players had been chosen: Becerra - Spreadbury, Bryan, Carrol, Verspoor - Quigley-Parks, de Klaver, Almlius, Germain, Magnusson - van de Duin.

Camando saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Manglers. The muddy pitch made the game a gritty affair, which seemed to suit Kelvin Hayden just fine. After 3 minutes, Erich Mohr swiftly ran past David Spreadbury to put away the 1-0 goal. In the 7:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Brent Blanchfield dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Camando. Mark Bryan had a hard time on the water infested pitch - his trademark technique was nowhere in sight this day. 2 - 0 was the half-time score. Camando, bringing the final ball possession rate to 54 percent, dominated the battle.

The referee showed Camandos Gilbert Sommers the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The visitors got a chance of pulling one back in the 66:th minute, due to a defensive blunder leaving Andy Quigley-Parks completely unmarked. His strike was pathetic though, easy prey for the home side´s keeper. Camando put themselves up 3 - 0 when Brent Blanchfield broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. Xavio van de Duin nearly reduced 75 minutes into the game, but a splendid one hand save by Florian Miertschink put a stop to the attempt coming in from the right flank. Manglers kept trying to force their way through on the right side. Xavio van de Duin got his chance in the 78:th minute, but the home sides left defence held his position and was able to stop the attack. The game was close to savage at times, and Camando`s Gilbert Sommers received a second yellow card in the 81st, his ticket out of the game. Manglers were forced to a substitution as Octave Germain couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Anton Dzhugashvili to come in from the sidelines. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

Camando´s best player was Jermaine Dennison. David Wisden was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Erdem de Klaver. David Spreadbury on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 0.

Ho hum.

I lost this one. He's now top of my league.

That's now a draw and 2 losses.

Not gonna be in this division for long I fear.

Melifluous

PS. Also why do my trainees keep getting injured?

Dell19
21-02-2005, 00:43
Do you have any Physios? I have 4 and will probably get more as I get more money. They help to reduce the chance of injuries and their length I believe, so I think they are a good investment. Injuries are not too bad when they are half a week, its the injuries for several weeks at a time that are the real bad injuries to suffer from.

At least if you do go down you will be stronger and will bounce back again. You might even demote into my division :)

Melifluous
21-02-2005, 00:56
quote:Originally posted by Dell19

You might even demote into my division :)

You'd better hope not [fdevil]

But yes I have 4 physios, it aint so bad.

Melifluous

English_brit
21-02-2005, 01:07
I've got 10 they do help alot.

Shabbaman
21-02-2005, 09:34
Ten is a lot. I doubt if there are many managers with more than 4.

Dell19
21-02-2005, 11:18
I think quite a few of the top clubs must have the maximum of 10 because if you have several million invested into trainees and other players around the team then you really don't want to see them get injured as just going out to buy a replacement during the week is no longer an option unless you have a huge amount of cash that you have been saving.

English_brit
21-02-2005, 12:05
True.

I'm a bit of an extreme manager anyway. I don't like leaving anything to chance even if the effects are diminished with each additional one. I mean, I even expanded to 100k well before I needed it just to avoid paying the quadrupled rates on expansion in seasons to come. Have had a 60k plus crowd before though. lol

Kingreno
21-02-2005, 17:25
Very solid win taking me to third place! HoL supporters and away to the league leaders next week [coool]

quote:The 14861 spectators at Aristocats Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Aristocats had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Pinto - Gaastra, Ajello, Zirngibl, Vink - Zengers, van den Burg, Korsten, Dalhuizen - Timmers, Latinovics.

hielpen1 had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Pluijm - Nix, Schrauwen, Buruiana - Acella, Lită, Portmann, Zwanenburg, Colabro - Broekmans, Bereményi.

Aristocats immediately set off pressing their opponents. hielpen1 immediately set off pressing their opponents. Aristocats made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Sicco Timmers completely alone with keeper Lambert Pluijm, who made a spectacular block. Aristocats were able to press their opponents, causing the game to be a bit of a stalemate at times. At this time in the match, Aristocats were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. In the 39:th minute Steven Korsten almost put the home team one ahead on a cross pass coming in from the right, but the shot went wide. hielpen1 had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Armando Pinto saved Wessel Broekmans´s shot headed for the top corner. Halftime score was 0 - 0. Aristocats, bringing the final ball possession rate to 65 percent, dominated the battle.

Aristocats broke through to the left in the 54:th minute, Steven Korsten firing at an acute angle giving the home side a 1 - 0 lead. hielpen1 were able to press their opponents, causing the game to be a bit of a stalemate at times. hielpen1 were close to putting the equaliser away in the 70:th minute as the opposing defence lost control of the ball in a scuffle in front of the goal, but in the end the ball was cleared over the sideline. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Sicco Timmers squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 74:th minute, asserting the lead to 2 - 0. The structure of the game started to change as Aristocats decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Aristocats lead up with 3 - 0. Miklós Latinovics finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. In the games 80:th minute Aristocats´s Daniel Ajello fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Daniel Ajello for taking a dive. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Aristocats, with an impressive 72 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Aristocats player was without a doubt Ger Gaastra. However, Steven Korsten made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating hielpen1 player was without a doubt Zsigmond Bereményi. Jan Schrauwen on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 0

Bootstoots
21-02-2005, 19:36
quote:A brilliantly sunny day had enticed a crowd of 38257 to The Yellow Boot. Yellow tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Falbrant, Slipčević, Fernández - Örnbom, Mahmoud, Biler, Righetti, Burri - Tomlin, Burney.

Russian tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Masters - Tolkamp, Jeppsson, Stigland - Linnet, Läfner, Landl, Mĺnsson, Gomez Sánchez - Hunn, Mathis.

Yellow could have put themselves ahead in the 2nd minute as Rickard Örnbom missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. Rico Hunn knocked one home in the 3rd minute on the counterattack, making the score 0 - 1. 14 minutes into the game George Mathis had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Roger Högkvist. A good free kick by Shadi Qassem Mahmoud would have scored the equaliser for Yellow, had it not been for a dramatic save by the visitors goaltender. Halftime score was 0 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 56 percent possession of the ball.

Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 46:th minute Russian goal, making it 0 - 2. Janne Mĺnsson was noted down as the scorer. With clinical precision the cross pass from winger Rickard Örnbom found it's way to Theodore Burney's head, and a screaming header gave Yellow 1 - 2. René Tolkamp increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 1 - 3. The structure of the game started to change as Russian decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Roger Högkvist increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 1 - 4. Gonzalo Fernández of Yellow received a yellow card in the 82nd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Thomas Stigland could have added one to the visitors lead if his free kick had gone just a little lower. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 58 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Yellow player was Michel Righetti. Gonzalo Fernández on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Russian player was without a doubt Johan Läfner. Roger Högkvist on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 4.
I lost this match on a MOTS. I was thinking that I could defeat his defense on the right and perhaps secure victory that way while dominating possession. It failed. I am, however, quite happy with my solid (high) midfield rating. :D