PDA

View Full Version : Cup Matches Season 25 - Round 3

Shabbaman
17-02-2005, 10:26
I'm through to the next round after a horrendous game v.s. another VI league team. The first opportunity was for him, and he scored. Then I got seven opportunities, while he got none. I scored two of them, which resulted in a 2-1 win. I'd have liked 7-1 though.

My opponent was playing 3-5-2 v.s. my 3-4-3. Though his midfield rating was significantly better, poor+ v.s. wretched++, I had the possession in both halves with 56 and 66(!) percent.

One knee injury for one of my forward trainees. Only a week, luckily. Next round v.s. a team on the top of the table in a V league. Pretty hopeless, so I guess I'll PIC. Another home match though, bring in the dough!

Kingreno
17-02-2005, 10:33
Great win shabba! congrats!

yndy
17-02-2005, 23:44
I won 4-0 in a match which was rather easy. Next week its starting to get tough, versus a Division V team which is better than mine, and I play away! It will be nice to go through but it's not a major goal for me.

Shabbaman
18-02-2005, 10:46
Same here. I advanced one round further then last season, which is a nice trend to continue next season. My "second team" players need to play to get them in shape. The extra money is nice, though I have to say the first two rounds netted me next to nothing.

Swingue
18-02-2005, 15:42
I played a Vth division team that was a bit too much for me. I PIC'ed, fielded my terribly out of shape 2nd team and lost a staggering 10-1.

Had I known defeat would have been that extreme I wouldnt have PIC'ed. Confidence is disastrous now and sups arent pleased either. Still 2 new ones joined, they're a funny bunch. This weeks league game is very promising accoring to Hattrick Ratings I have a very decent change of winning, Curious how many sups will join then!

EDIT: DAMN COOKIES MADE ME POST AS SWINGUE!! ProPain

Kemal
18-02-2005, 15:46
Hmm, didn't the Swingstars lose 0-4, PP? ;)

Bootstoots
18-02-2005, 21:01
quote:35259 spectators had come to The Yellow Boot this cloudy day. Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Falbrant, Fernández, Slipčeviæ - Visan, Villar, Piņeiro, Righetti, Pilar - Tomlin, Burney.

CIA had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Igonin - Antonissen, Muse, Fransson - Knight, Contra, da Luz, Young - De Grave, Predoi, Delorimier.

CIA seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 7:th minute allowed Erik Fransson to score 0 - 1 for CIA. The referee showed Yellows Šimun Slipčeviæ the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Theodore Burney was just a fingerīs breadth away from an equaliser for Yellow, but Pavel Igonin managed to ward the closing shot off for a corner. In the 28:th minute Yellows Theodore Burney received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Tomislav Pilar was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Billie Tomlin managed to kick one of them into 1 - 1 in the 29:th minute. CIA took the lead in the games 33rd minute with 1 - 2 after some elegant plays down the middle. Patrice Delorimier was the scorer. Halftime score was 1 - 2. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 58 percent, dominated the battle.

Yellow tried to reply with long plays towards the centrally placed strikers, but the visitorīs defence got the best of it. Patrice Delorimier stunned the crowd with a brilliant counterattack from the left, giving CIA the goal to make it 1 - 3. Yellow reduced the score in the 76:th minute to 2 - 3 when Theodore Burney got the best of a ball floated in from the left. Bob Muse of CIA received a yellow card in the 79:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Iulian Predoi was, after 82 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper David Brown saved. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

Most important Yellow player was Michel Righetti. However, Tomislav Pilar made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating CIA player was without a doubt Craciun Contra. However, Bob Muse made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 2 - 3. I lost a close battle with a top-level division IV team playing his B squad. With 58% possession, I had a fairly significant chance of winning that one. I'm not concerned about it though; I have PIC'd all of my cup games.