PDA

View Full Version : League results, day 2 season 25

Kingreno
13-02-2005, 22:49
first win of the season in a perfect match from a 5-3-2 point of view. (the crowd will be less amused :D)

quote:7988 spectators had come to Zeelanddevils Arena this cloudy day. Zeelanddevils tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Klosa - Rosenveldt, Yacobson, Gallandat Huet - Jansma, Clemenceau, Frostenskär, Eijmael, Ernits - Kerstgens, Brugman.

Aristocats had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Pinto - Vink, Maassen, Ajello, Zirngibl, Gaastra - Dominkovic, van den Burg, Dalhuizen - Zengers, Latinovics.

Aristocats were relying on their ability to counter-attack. Aristocats was great at switching from defense to attack, and in the 20:th minute, Daniel Ajello swept through in the middle after such a counter attack, making 0 - 1. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Zeelanddevils, with an impressive 77 percent possession of the ball.

It was showtime for artist Miklós Latinovics who showed off all his technical mastery when he rounded Thomas Clemenceau and finished with a goal to 0 - 2 for Aristocats. Zeelanddevils held the ball, with a clear 73 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Zeelanddevils player was without a doubt Måns Frostenskär. Thomas Clemenceau on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Aristocats player was Ger Gaastra. Renato Dominkovic was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 2.

Schip
13-02-2005, 23:22
lol @KR

I barely got away with a 1-1 . My first points. So far so good, I have played two tough opponents.

ProPain
13-02-2005, 23:30
quote:15556 spectators arrived at PP SV Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. PP had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Cohen - Buurman, Boote, van Zeeland - Kloppenberg, Daemen, Schulte, Wis, Kiilerich - Drent, Beugels.

ka3 had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Stensson - van Veen, Lundy, Reuser - Hilty, Bremmer, Eizema, Grendel, Abd Majid - Duchatel, Lurling.

Ludo van Zeeland received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 19:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Ludi Lurling came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 21st minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Zeev Cohen managed to tip the ball to a corner. ka3 had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 22nd minute when Jürgen Grendel came up alone against Zeev Cohen who managed a block. A free kick aimed at the keepers far post almost gave ka3 the lead in the 26:th minute, but the ball just wasn´t able to squirm it´s way through the defensive wall. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 0. ka3, bringing the final ball possession rate to 64 percent, dominated the battle.

After 50 minutes ka3s Zubir Abd Majid made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 0 - 1. ka3´s Stéphane Duchatel left the field after 69 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Bram van Frankenhuijzen. Ludi Lurling could have put his team up another one in the 70:th minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. ka3, bringing the final ball possession rate to 61 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating PP player was without a doubt Zeev Cohen. Rolf Beugels on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important ka3 player was Jacco Bremmer. Bram van Frankenhuijzen on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 1.

And again I lose. Why? because my midfield is inferior to his. He scores inadequate high, I score poor very high. Otherwise I've got the better players, fielding 36 stars against his 32,5.
last week I lost 35,5 (me) against 29,5 (opponent)

Very frustrating.

My economy is currently running around €0,- every 2 weeks mostly becuase crowd turnout isnt really fabulous (to be expected when you're in last position). I still have a formidable winger on the transferlist, and some crappy ones. Selling them and getting out of the red because of this weeks cup match should put me around +10k a week. As soon as I can afford it I'm gonna buy myself another 4+ stars midfielder and hopefully that will fix my problem.

Kingreno
13-02-2005, 23:38
I looked rather intensively at your stats PP but the problem I see is in the forward-position. Sure midfield is less then the opponents you played this week and last week, but there are plenty of teams who have a lot worse midfield then you! And the downside of 3-5-2 is that if you lose possesion you usually lose the game. I say buy a 3.5 star attacker and you'll be better off then another 4 star midfielder (who would still have not gotten you posession in this game).

Dell19
13-02-2005, 23:58
quote:A scorching day at Wartham United Arena, where 9497 spectators were in place for today´s match. Wartham started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. They fielded: Gray - Budd, Matthews, Edwards - Crook, Moulin, Laporte, Pelgrims - Wallace, Ryan, Smets.

FGN tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. Lineup: Hicks - Ringler, Wells, Caron - Gimenez, Ayathorai, Kumar, Katsanikos - Campbell, Derbyshire, Blunn.

Wartham clearly preferred attacks in the middle. FGN immediately set off pressing their opponents. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Wartham´s Jules Moulin got himself booked. Wartham took the lead in the 7:th minute after a magnificent free kick. Jules Moulin adjusted the score to 1 - 0. After 14 minutes Cain Wallace put Wartham ahead 2 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. In the 26:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Cain Wallace dashed through, knocking home 3 - 0 for Wartham. By now Wartham were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Wartham lead up with 4 - 0. Richard Budd finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Halftime score was 4 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Wartham, with an impressive 77 percent possession of the ball.

In the 48:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Matthew Ryan dashed through, knocking home 5 - 0 for Wartham. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Jules Moulin squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 49:th minute, asserting the lead to 6 - 0. It wasn´t a good day at all for Peter Derbyshire. His powerful style of play didn´t fit the bill this warm day. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 64 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Wartham. However, Dean Hicks made a spectacular save. Guy Smets of Wartham received a yellow card in the 64:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 73 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Wartham. However, Dean Hicks made a spectacular save. Wartham held the ball, with a clear 86 percent possession rate.

Most important Wartham player was Robert Pelgrims. However, Jon Edwards made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating FGN player was without a doubt Horacio Gimenez. Rafael Ringler on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 6 - 0.

Nice to win :) PIC at home against the second worst team in the league (Still human managed)

ProPain
14-02-2005, 00:56
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

I looked rather intensively at your stats PP but the problem I see is in the forward-position. Sure midfield is less then the opponents you played this week and last week, but there are plenty of teams who have a lot worse midfield then you! And the downside of 3-5-2 is that if you lose possesion you usually lose the game. I say buy a 3.5 star attacker and you'll be better off then another 4 star midfielder (who would still have not gotten you posession in this game).

I've been looking at my opponens midfield and we're mostly in the same range. I do a bit better than some but also a bit worse than others (like this week). That makes things hard and much depending on a bit of luck too maybe. I'm thinking getting more edge on the midfield might give me more security.

I do agree my forwards suck big time atm. This however is caused by long term injuries of my otherwise decent forwards. Beugels has just returned last week and he's in weak form, once back to passable he must be able to score 3 maybe 3,5 stars. Niezing is still out for a week but also in fucked up shape after walking on crutches for 4 weeks. He should also be able to manage 3 to 3,5 stars.

They're both oldies though, so I'm thinking of switching to forward training in a few weeks when I;m done with keeping. That would mean buying a few of those decent young forwards then.

STill I'm curious to others opinions too, because I'm having trouble determining what would benefit my team most and assure I stay in the 6th division.

PP

Bootstoots
14-02-2005, 04:46
quote:
28052 spectators had found their way to The CornCrib, despite the heavy rain. Korn tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. Lineup: Polk - Leys, Domdal, Akins - Kilpatrick, Falksten, Townsend, Gribulis - Hooks, Bijveld, Suwijn.

Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Brown - Fernández, Falbrant, Slipèeviæ - Allesch, Mahmoud, Biler, Berntsen, Örnbom - Tomlin, Train.

In the 14:th minute cheers broke out as Ad Bijveld found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for Korn. The referee showed Korns Kurt Akins the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Scott Townsend showed great fighting spirit and didn´t seem to mind the rain at all. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. No one team arose to dominate this half, ending in a deadlock.

Ad Bijveld almost managed to score another goal for Korn, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. Ad Bijveld increased Korns lead to 2 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. The structure of the game started to change as Korn decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. After 76 minutes Yellows Ryan Train had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Theodore Burney came in instead of him. In the 77:th minute Billie Tomlin, after an opportunist attack from the right, scored the reducer for Yellow making it 2 - 1. Korn's Scott Townsend had in the 79:th minute a header that touched the bar, following yet another fine corner. This part of the game had been a standoff between the teams.

Most important Korn player was Pit Polk. Ad Bijveld on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Silvio Biler. Theodore Burney on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 1. I lost 2-1 on a PIC against a clearly superior team, so I'm happy with the result. I'll have a home match against another good team (demotees from IV) next week, so I'm hoping for an upset result there too. Unfortunately, I lost my 29 yo formidable striker for 6 weeks due to an injury. It made for an interesting PA though. ;)

yndy
14-02-2005, 06:40
quote:A scorching day at Grantul din Brasov, where 31159 spectators were in place for today´s match. Miejii had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. Chimica had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation.

0-1 George Macavei (5)
0-2 George Macavei (12)
0-3 Dan Pahontu (22)
The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Chimica, with an impressive 67 percent possession of the ball.

0-4 Kristian Åhltorp(61)
1-4 Marin Melinte (71)
1-5 Stefan Turcu (71)
1-6 George Macavei (74)
Chimica, bringing the final ball possession rate to 66 percent, dominated the battle.

The match ends 1 - 6.
I was a little afraid of this guy so I played normal. Now I regret a little since I see there was nothing to be worried about. Anyway 6 points out of 6, currently on track for Division IV.

socralynnek
15-02-2005, 11:14
Taking the lead of my season with a 5-1 away win in the stadium of the first place team from the week before(who won the match between the two promoters)

Since the only real threat was beaten on the first match day, Grasshoppers Elm can already plan for league 7...

Shabbaman
15-02-2005, 11:22
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

Sure midfield is less then the opponents you played this week and last week, but there are plenty of teams who have a lot worse midfield then you!

So true. My 3-4-3 has very little problem with a superior 3-5-2 midfield, as long as they don't score too many goals. High passing values for your midfielders can help your offense, so keep that in mind when you buy new trainees.
And on the bright side (for you, that is), forwards have devaluated over the last months. If you're lucky you can buy a formidable scorer with poor passing for under 700k.

Oh, I won 1-3.

Melifluous
15-02-2005, 13:07
quote:Meli's Manglers - Keep Licking that Elbow 1 - 4

View game: HT Live
Date: 13/02/2005 at 18.00
MatchID: 35888880
Arena: Meli's Manglers Arena
Crowd: 14312

Due to an all-day shower, 14312 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at Meli's Manglers Arena. Manglers had chosen a strategic 4-5-1 formation. The following players had been chosen: Paiva - Bryan, Carrol, Coates, Spreadbury - Magnusson, Sprengen, Denezhkina, Dzhugashvili, Quigley-Parks - van de Duin.

Licking had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Kopatz - Way, Edwards, Zachary - Rosenskog, Balfour, Hamlin, León, Ståhlbrant - Ståhling, Bannerman.

Manglers were relying on their ability to counter-attack. Licking had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Marcelo Paiva saved Angus Bannerman´s shot headed for the top corner. Manglers showed their counterattack skill in the 5:th minute, with Xavio van de Duin scoring uncontested for 1 - 0. The referee showed Manglerss Rick Sprengen the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The crowd was silenced in the 22nd minute as the visiting teams Roger Rosenskog came in from the left, levelling the score to 1 - 1. Per Ståhlbrant delivered a good free kick from an excellent position in the 23rd minute, but luck wasn´t on Licking´s side this time, the ball going wide. William Ståhling of Licking received a yellow card in the 26:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The terraces were silenced in the 31st minute as Licking´s Angus Bannerman put the guests ahead 1 - 2, following an attack from the right. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 2. Licking held the ball, with a clear 69 percent possession rate.

William Ståhling increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 1 - 3. The game had been on for 83 minutes when William Ståhling broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Licking´s were up 1 - 4. Angus Bannerman came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Marcelo Paiva, hitting the bar. A long pass from the defense line of Manglers resulted in a counterattack that set Alan Coates free in the enemy central penalty box, but his finish went high. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Licking, with an impressive 69 percent possession of the ball.

Most important Manglers player was Xavio van de Duin. Alan Coates was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Licking player was without a doubt Mariano León. However, William Ståhling made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 4.

Lost this home match I PIC'ed against one of the 3 teams I will not be competing against this season. Not bad considering he out starred me 33 - 25 :D

Nice point was that both my chances were CA's and I actually took the lead with one at the start, no injuries and 1 yellow card make this a good game for me. I'm 7th in my division with a draw and a loss, but -3 GD isnt so bad. Only 1 team in my division has won both opening games and this was this team that beat me :D

Melifluous