PDA

View Full Version : Cup Matches Season 25 - Round 2

English_brit
09-02-2005, 11:44
quote:21533 spectators arrived at highton & brove albion Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. highton had chosen a strategic 5-4-1 formation. The following players had been chosen: Aspener - Reece, Vermaat, Marquínez, Mang, Liva - Törnhall, Ülisoo, Lahtinen, Skovfoged - Lipping.

Toffees started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Sauter - Previzi, Lonie, Hickey - Sutton, Fujishiro, Rieper, Munz, Liguori - Hollenstein, Aertse.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of highton. Toffees mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. Toffees had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 9:th minute when Harald Fujishiro came up alone against Mattias Aspener who managed a block. hightons counterattacks were lethal to the opposing defense, allowing Alvin Lipping to score easily from the right flank for 1 - 0. highton had difficulty finding their positions and their organisation was down to weak. Toffees levelled the score in the 30:th minute at 1 - 1, as Pierre-André Hollenstein struck home after a fine midfield combination, leaving him completely unmarked. The referee showed Toffeess Matteo Previzi the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. After 41 minutes, Puck Aertse swiftly ran past Luciano Vermaat to put away the 1-2 goal. In the games 41st minute Pierre-André Hollenstein nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 2. Toffees held the ball, with a clear 76 percent possession rate.

During the break highton´s coach went through the teams new tactics yet again, getting them up to solid organisation. Toffees´s Victor Rieper received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 64:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 1 - 3. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. In the 69:th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 1 - 4 as Pierre-André Hollenstein finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. The structure of the game started to change as Toffees decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. In the 71st minute hightons Diego Liva received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Puck Aertse was, after 77 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Mattias Aspener saved. In the games 85:th minute Piero Liguori nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar. Toffees, bringing the final ball possession rate to 72 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating highton player was without a doubt He Mang. However, Graig Reece made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Toffees player was without a doubt Thijs Sauter. Stuart Sutton was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 4.

Got a really tough game in the next round. I've got to decide how strong a team to field in the Cup and League games and try and win both. Luckily my TS is up to Walking on Clouds now. :)

Kingreno
09-02-2005, 12:18
Congrats! Why not Pic the too difficult cupmatch as well? That would seriously improve your league effort!

Melifluous
09-02-2005, 13:05
I lost 1-6 at home.

Didnt expect to win this one and played a full reseves squad and PIC'ed.

Talked to the other team after the match and he PIC'ed too :(

But now my TS is back up to Calm after drawing away at the weekend on a MOTS and my TS dropped two levels.

Have hired 3 sports psychos to help my confidence, gone down to Poor after a close win, a draw and a loss at the start of my season.

Melifluous

English_brit
09-02-2005, 15:42
Shame about your confidence Meli.

As for my Cup game, I'm actually the favourite officially as I'm away. His team is capable of beating mine though. I think if I get my tactics right and play my best team against him I have a chance of going through. I think if I do it right I should just about be able to PIC the cup game and hopefully go through.

Luckily my league opponants this weekend I should beat easily so I'm planning on fielding my first team in the Cup and picking. I desperately want at least one home match before I go out of the Cup.

Kemal
09-02-2005, 19:09
Lost against a 4th division team while pic'ing, we both fielded weak teams, so fortunately for me I did not lose by a large margin, and even got a chance in the 1st minute to score. I did, in true Snaken fashion, take out a 6000 TSI player of him, even though a red card was the result.

quote:
13310 spectators had come to FC De Snaken Arena this cloudy day. Snaken started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Mi³ek - Poorter, Öztürk, Meesen - Böõr, Lucado, Hintermayr, Balyon, Malmholt - de Silguy, Sánchez.

HGK1 tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Storie - Requejo Rodrígue, Fudayl, Maissen - van Elp, Keiller, Dalblom, Penkala, Grama - Koning, Hirl.

After a fine move down the middle Olivier de Silguy nearly gave the home side one up in the 1st minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. After 3 minutes HGK1 put themselves up by 0 - 1 as Edmund Penkala finished off a strike from the left with a real cannon placed at the far post. 28 minutes into the game Petre Grama had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Björn Andreasson. HGK1´s Clement Maissen made it through the home teams defence in the 29:th minute, and had only to place the ball in an unguarded goal when the home side´s defender sprang up from the left, clearing the ball on the line. As Olivier de Silguy had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the Snaken player a red card without batting an eye. The away team´s Joris Koning took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 33rd minute increasing HGK1´s lead to 0 - 2. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, HGK1´s Robert Dalblom got himself booked. Björn Andreasson of HGK1 received a yellow card in the 38:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. 0 - 2 was the half-time score. HGK1 held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

The visitors Kaspar Hirl took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 50:th minute. 0 - 3 for HGK1. HGK1 held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Stanis³aw Mi³ek. Wietse Balyon was a disappointment, however. HGK1´s best player was Clement Maissen. Henk van Elp on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 3.

Supporters are now back at content and confidence at decent, which is better than I feared after seeing this team was my next opponent. :)

Kingreno
09-02-2005, 19:41
[aargh] lost 2-1 against a shitty team.

quote:15376 spectators arrived at Stadion de "Ballenbak", where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Ballenzak had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Opsteegh - Vogels, van Emden, Alofs - Stolk, Huisman, Heitman, Goor, Heijnen - Kalkman, Biemans.

Aristocats tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. Lineup: Pinto - Gaastra, Vink, Angelle, Rossen - Dominkovic, Sitzia, Thöny, Dalhuizen - Timmers, Latinovics.

Ballenzak saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 4:th by a breakthrough from Dimitris Huisman, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper. Dimitris Huisman should probably have put his team up another goal in the 10:th minute, but some great goaltending by Armando Pinto kept the visitors in the game. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Henko Alofs needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. After 29 minutes Ballenzaks Holger Stolk had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Harmen Gruys came in instead of him. Halftime score was 1 - 0. Ballenzak, bringing the final ball possession rate to 63 percent, dominated the battle.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 56 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Ballenzak. However, Armando Pinto made a spectacular save. In the 70:th minute Ballenzak´s Mike Biemans tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net. In the games 81st minute Aristocats´s Randy Rossen fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Randy Rossen for taking a dive. Dimitris Huisman sailed high, high above the opponents as he headed the 2-0 in after a corner kick after 83 minutes of play. The visitors replied in the games 86:th minute, scoring the 2 - 1 goal, as Miklós Latinovics broke through from the left, easily lobbing the ball over the home teams keeper. Ballenzak, bringing the final ball possession rate to 62 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Ballenzak player was Rien van Emden. Harmen Gruys on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Aristocats player was Ger Gaastra. Randy Rossen on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 1.

Shabbaman
09-02-2005, 19:45
I won 0-6, with 3 forward trainees and 7 first team regulars. I didn't PIC, since my estimate was that it was going to be close. The opposition proved a disappointment though, I guess they did PIC.

Schip
09-02-2005, 21:09
easy 0-5 victory. I fielded 7 reserves/trainees and 5 regs. Should have picced as well, but as Shabba didn't felt confident enough to do so.

English_brit
10-02-2005, 01:54
Quite a few got to the 3rd round then. Nice going everyone. :)

Good luck all in the next round. I'll need it. lol

Bootstoots
10-02-2005, 03:47
quote:Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 30556 to The Yellow Boot. Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Falbrant, Slipèeviæ, Fernández - Allesch, Mahmoud, Biler, Berntsen, Visan - Train, Tomlin.

Shadowboxers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Persson - Vitzthum, Springer, Mullen - Sándor, Clevenger, Beccaris, Dukes, Crouse - Shearer, Schellevis.

The 9:th minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after a leak in the visitors right side defense. Scorer for Yellow was Billie Tomlin. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Yellow lead up with 2 - 0. Billie Tomlin finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Tommie Schellevis could´ve grabbed a goal in the 19:th minute when he got a pass putting him free of the home side´s defence, but he was unable to take advantage of the situation. Halftime score was 2 - 0. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

Tommie Schellevis had a couple of good opportunities to reply, but the home team´s goaltender David Brown just wouldn´t surrender. Shadowboxerss Cory Shearer got himself booked after a foul. Gastón Beccaris seemed highly inexperienced when in the 78:th minute he was loitering with the ball, allowing Egil Berntsen to intercept and strike 3-0 for Yellow. After this Yellow lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Shadowboxerss Tommie Schellevis got himself booked after a foul. With 85 minutes played Billie Tomlin could have brought this one home for Yellow, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 59 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Silvio Biler. Tom Allesch on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Shadowboxers player was without a doubt George Dukes. However, Jonas Mullen made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 3 - 0. I'm definitely pleased with this result. Next round, I'm up against somebody who won his IV series but missed out on promotion. I'll need a tremendous amount of luck to beat him.

ProPain
10-02-2005, 10:25
quote:Crowd: 12468

A scorching day at PP SV Arena, where 12468 spectators were in place for today´s match. PP tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Cohen - Buurman, Boote, van Zeeland - Kloppenberg, Schulte, Daemen, Wis, Kiilerich - Drent, Beugels.

sursum started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Korsten - Bloch, Aardema, Weerawijit - Verola, Dumitru, Mathiasson, Baltag, Sulbarán - Pietersma, van Klooster.

sursum clearly preferred attacks in the middle. After a fine move down the middle Pascal Schulte nearly gave the home side one up in the 5:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. sursum took the lead in the games 15:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Marcel Pietersma was the scorer. After 21 minutes of play Sjors Drent equalised for PP after an elegant attack from the right. 1 - 1 was the half-time score. No one team arose to dominate this half, ending in a deadlock.

The fierce heat made it important to save breath, and after a few swift runs Rolf Beugels found it hard to get back into position. Wouter Bloch of sursum received a yellow card in the 69:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. In the 73rd minute the home side managed to get a 2 - 1 lead as Allard Boote flipped the ball after a cross pass from the right. A great save by goaltender Matthys Korsten in the 75:th minute kept the visitors in the game as Fryderyk Wis struck from the left with a real cannonball. A well placed corner kick from Toni Dumitru was followed by Bertil Mathiasson´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for sursum. The result now 2-2. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 79:th minute goal by Rolf Beugels for PP, putting them ahead 3 - 2. PP held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

The most dominating PP player was without a doubt Zeev Cohen. Rolf Beugels on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important sursum player was Toni Dumitru. Alberto Sulbarán was a disappointment, however. The match ends 3 - 2.

Pleased with the result, but the crowd turnout could have been much better imo.

Next week I play a 5th division team that I dont stand a chanche against. So I hope for a big crowd so at least I have some money for reinforcements

Elsaak
10-02-2005, 11:02
hello everybody !
can you give me a short lesson on PIC and MOTS, please ?

I win my first cup match 7-1, then my first league match against the only human of my league 8-2 ;
then, this week, with a huge chance (!), I pass one more turn in French Cup against a stronger team that me (3-1) ; even if it seems to be nearly impossible for me to win the next round, what should I do :
is it a good idea to play PIC with my "second" team on the 2nd league game, then to put my first team and MOTS the next wednesday ?

or should I let this game out of my objectives, and then play my normal team on league and a tranee+PIC team on tough Cup game...?

Melifluous
10-02-2005, 11:50
Badabeu (your next cup opponents) are in Division III and you are in Division VII.

Unless he doesn't field a team, you are going to lose.

PIC the cup match (Your 3rd Home Cup Match!!!!!!!!!)

Melifluous

Shabbaman
10-02-2005, 11:54
Q&A thread is here (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2349) Elsaak.

My view: if you MOTS, you need to PIC about two times to get your team spirit back up. So if you're confident to win in the league, I'd say go for it. The league is more important, you need to get out of that boring league of yours. And if you can become champions doing that you get a nice trophy. The chances of Elsaak FC winning the french cup seem slim.

Elsaak
10-02-2005, 12:22
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

The chances of Elsaak FC winning the french cup seem slim.

indeed !!![mwaha]