PDA

View Full Version : SGOTM6 - Woohoo!

Melifluous
08-02-2005, 02:29
OK So this poll is intended for 2 reasons.

1) A shameful attempt to get people who haven't asked to be signed up yet wondering what the hell this poll is all about.

2) To inflict psychological damage on those members of 'other teams' that wander around here hoping to find something out. They will see our 'Woohoo! Poll' and tremble that something earthshaking has occured. They have no chance now. Demoralised they return to their games and have no drive left.

Poll Question - How do you rate it?

Melifluous

PS. I want this thread spammed. A lot, the more posts the better. You know, like get creative or something.

Lt. Killer M
08-02-2005, 10:20
[lol] meli meli, you're still the sneaky crazy bastard I so missed while you were not civving!

col
08-02-2005, 11:00
Well Meli - I'm not sure this team will survive having you and I on the same team. But it will be fun.

I think we'll have to have a whole series of polls on important issues.

Darkness
08-02-2005, 11:43
Cool! A propaganda thread.... :D

Melifluous
08-02-2005, 11:45
Indeed.

I think we should give it about 20 turns and then start a "What should we do with the SGL thread" ;)

[fdevil]

Melifluous

ProPain
08-02-2005, 14:18
Off course this is a great idea. I think we shoudl have 3 polls a day just to make CFC regs nervous

CFC reg : OMG! They have even more polls than we do!!! They must extremely able players, we're doomed.

Plux
08-02-2005, 14:21
I voted the Boo! option, just because it's a great band

Check 'em out when they're in a theatre near you: http://www.boolive.com/

Pastorius
08-02-2005, 14:35
3 polls per day.

Great [lol]

I voted fuckin A. On second thought I wanna change my vote to it kinda sucks. But to keep this up, I ll just add this:

http://forumspam.articblue.nl/thread_related/thread_rocks/images/0473.jpg

Beam
08-02-2005, 17:21
I think we should poll how many polls we want each day.

Darkness
08-02-2005, 17:35
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

Indeed.

I think we should give it about 20 turns and then start a "What should we do with the SGL thread" ;)

[fdevil]

Melifluous

Small sidenote: Aren't SGL's disabled in the SGOTM series? I know they are disabled in the COTM series...[???]

Melifluous
08-02-2005, 17:38
I dont think they are.

All I could find was a note from Mad-Bax saying that C3C games were out of the box apart from ensuring that settlers dont pop from huts, workers do instead [crazyeye]

Melifluous

col
08-02-2005, 21:07
Oh yes they are - read the maintenance thread at CFC.

Swingue
08-02-2005, 22:51
It is very easy to specify:

First you read the question:
How do you rate it?

Second, look at the answers:
Fucking A!
Not bad
Well it kinda sucks
Boo! get it off
Other please specify

Third find a way of rating the answers:
One way of rating is counting the number of letters:
8,5 (! is counted as half)
(so last one has most letters)

Swingue
08-02-2005, 22:53
Another way of rating is looking at the quality of english
Fucking A! - looks most like street language from a country where they do not exactly speak English but give it a good try (USA or so)
Not bad - is actually good English, would be better if it had said: It is not bad (but still not bad)
Well it kinda sucks - clearly we are missing the , between well and it
Boo! get it off - missing a capital G after the ! The Boo is a nice touch though
Other please specify - also misses the , between other and please
(so Not bad would rate best)

Swingue
08-02-2005, 22:55
next one challenge, rate the 5 answers to amount of times used on the CFC site

Melifluous
09-02-2005, 02:06
quote:Originally posted by col

Oh yes they are - read the maintenance thread at CFC.

OK I read it. Could find no mention on SGLs. Asked about them instead.

Melifluous

Pastorius
09-02-2005, 17:04
Damn Swingue, what a way to spend an evening [crazyeye]

Swingue
09-02-2005, 23:05
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Damn Swingue, what a way to spend an evening [crazyeye]

Hmm how long does your evening last?

BTW I don't spend my evening on Civ, I WORK at night [cry]

Swingue
09-02-2005, 23:06
BTW the idea was to get as many posts as possible, preferably useless.
Well that is my territory, SPAMMMMM

Plux
09-02-2005, 23:12
Boo!

Pastorius
09-02-2005, 23:47
Swingue: you posted around 23:00ish, so I thought you werent at work. You are a good spammer though. Do you practice Johnny Bravo poses in front of the mirror?

Do you actually get any work done? Or do you leave that to PP ;)

We are doing allright in activity/spam I'd say

Melifluous
10-02-2005, 00:16
So time for me to make an appearance?

Melifluous

PS. Paal? Calvin and Hobbes rock! Never mentioned it before, but needed to be said.

Swingue
11-02-2005, 19:31
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Swingue: you posted around 23:00ish, so I thought you werent at work. You are a good spammer though. Do you practice Johnny Bravo poses in front of the mirror?

Do you actually get any work done? Or do you leave that to PP ;)

We both work very hard :D
So we can keep the CDZ forum up [mischief]

Melifluous
18-02-2005, 23:41
[bump]

[mischief]

Melifluous

anarres
21-02-2005, 16:58
I wonder if CFC people actually see what we've done for them? [hmm]

col
21-02-2005, 17:11
quote:Originally posted by anarres

I wonder if CFC people actually see what we've done to them? [hmm]

Pastorius
11-03-2005, 01:11
So Mel, fixed the poll a bit? 8 votes to fuckin A!
Cheater [:p]

yndy
09-04-2005, 18:22
Voted to specify so there i go: I wonder what would CFC think if we bump this thread all the time, we're still discussing wheteher to move the settler or not?

Mistfit
24-04-2005, 06:54
I voted Fuck'n A on this one. I appoligize for bumping this thread but Melifluous did say he wanted Spam so here it is.

I joined CDZ today for the sole purpose of viewing the SGOTM progress of the CDZ team. I must admit that prior to joining and reading this thread and lurking around the forum that I had a very dim view of the people involved in the CDZ team. I believed that they were just being difficult when they wanted the majority of the discussion to go on here instead of at the CFC. Now that I have read the thread and lurked around a bit I can fully understand why you would not only want but actually NEED to have it place here. I applaud you for your forward thinking not only on this thread but on the whole site. I have been discouraged by the heavy handed moderating and overlording that seems to be the norm at the CFC. I have recently given up the GOTM for this exact reason. I will prolly go back but for now I will hold my own little protest by not playing. (I'm sure they are all heart broken that I'm not playing :D )

Long story short (to Late) keep up the good work and Fucker-doodilie-doo (testing the no ban policy)

Whomp
24-04-2005, 17:16
Thanks to special help from Team Smackster player Grahamiam and as a team member of Jeffelammar I think you should know how I feel there is currently a lot of controversy about the god damn fuckwads at CDZ, and I know that any post on the subject will almost certainly cause someone to impose ideology, control thought, and punish virtually any behavior the god damn fuckwads at CDZ disapprove of. Still, I am not making a generalization when I say that education is vitiated by the god damn fuckwads at CDZ's perversions. Wait! Before you dismiss me as indecent, hear me out. To wrap up, I'll just hit the key elements of this post one last time. First, the word "superultrafrostified" is so compromised that I retain it only as a pejorative. Second, people who believe that hanging out with unctuous, iconoclastic televangelists is a wonderful, culturally enriching experience need to be worked over with an oak table leg and then sentenced to 20 years of hard labor in order to straighten out their thinking. And finally, the god damn fuckwads at CDZ is certifiably execrable.
Have a nice day.

So how's that for a little spam. I voted fucking A!

Pastorius
24-04-2005, 17:18
Womp, the Norwegian jury gives:

Rant quality: 4/5
Spam quality: 5/5

:D