PDA

View Full Version : SGOTM6 - Tech Discussion

Melifluous
07-02-2005, 18:46
OK Lets talk about techs baby...

Celts start with Pottery and CB.

I am fully in favour of Philo race attempt.

Reasons for this are simple.

After many attempts at a standard map on Emperor I always made it to Philo first. Even if the AI beat me to writing.

At the point when I chose my free tech, the AI had both BW and IW and would trade it plus others for Philo et al.

I think that maybe after getting CoL and Literature research could be turned off. We want maybe to get Construction (Aqueducts) and Engineering (Build forests and rivers become less of a nuisance).

We DONT WANT Feudalism ever!!

Melifluous

Any thoughts?

grs
07-02-2005, 19:30
If you don't want to end the game in depotism, you should consider a "republic-slingshot" or a "monarchy-slingshot".

akots
07-02-2005, 20:14
We cannot go to MOnarchy or Republic, only to Communism since these are the variant rules. And I sincerely hope we don't need to go for Communism and the game can be wrapped up in Despotism.

col
07-02-2005, 21:05
Concur with Meli - the philo rush must be the way to go.

Melifluous
07-02-2005, 22:55
And just to add to this discussion I played a game with the exact stats that Mad-Bax said he used. Ie tech cost between standard and large and the OCN put up...

Philo gamble done in around 1400BC every time.

Job done, next!

Melifluous

grs
07-02-2005, 23:07
quote:We cannot go to MOnarchy or Republic, only to Communism since these are the variant rules. And I sincerely hope we don't need to go for Communism and the game can be wrapped up in Despotism. See, no risk I could be regarded as an illegal helper [blush] - ok I shut up now.