Melifluous
01-02-2005, 23:56
quote:Exeter AFC - Meli's Manglers 1 - 2

View game: HT Live
Date: 01/02/2005 at 21.00
MatchID: 31806724
Arena: Exeter AFC Arena
Crowd: 8197

Due to an all-day shower, 8197 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at Exeter AFC Arena. Exeter had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Ruto - Cottam, Roopkumar, Howie - Riston, Giordano, Hayward, Young, MacSorley - Haba, Butt.

Manglers started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Becerra - Bryan, Carrol, Verspoor - Magnusson, Almlius, de Klaver, Germain, Quigley-Parks - van de Duin, Taylor.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Manglers. Manglers had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 3rd minute when Stephen Taylor came up alone against Corrado Ruto who managed a block. Jamie Giordano was the first to reach the corner kick, but his header was saved by the keeper. However, Exeter´s Greer MacSorley managed to get hold of the rebound and scored the 1-0 goal. Manglers got a chance to level the score as Stephen Taylor suddenly found himself free with the goaltender but the finishing shot hit the bar. Halftime score was 1 - 0. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

With 49 minutes played Gabriel Haba could have brought this one home for Exeter, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. 63 minutes into the game Manglers´s Mark Verspoor found a gap in the home sides central defense scoring to make it 1 - 1. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

After the regular 90 minutes, the agony of overtime followed. The terraces were silenced in the 92nd minute as Manglers´s Erdem de Klaver put the guests ahead 1 - 2, following an attack from the right. With that Manglers had won the game in extra time. Most important Exeter player was Corrado Ruto. Ian Young on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Félix Becerra. Frank Magnusson was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 2.

Wow. Maybe PIC was not such a hot idea against a team that finished 3rd in the division I have just been promoted from but what the hell I won.

2nd round here we come.

Melifluous

English_brit
02-02-2005, 08:14
Least you got through in the end. lol

I won 7-0 but I've got a tricky tie for a second round match and I'm playing the current champions this Sunday, so can't field a weakened team.

Here's the stats the team I have in the 2nd round got in the first Cup game.

highton & brove albion
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (no tactic)

Midfield: poor (very low)
Right Side Defence: inadequate (very high)
Central Defence: solid (very low)
Left Side Defence: passable (low)
Right Side Attack: weak (very low)
Central Attack: poor (low)
Left Side Attack: weak (low)

I'd normally expect a fairly weaker team in the 2nd round. And I'm away from home so will be tight. Just hope I make it through, I want at least one home game in the Cup before I go out.

socralynnek
02-02-2005, 11:02
Won 5-0 against a WO.
Got 36000 Euros and will have a cup match next week again (I might only win if he fields his B-Team)

Kemal
02-02-2005, 20:31
[dance][party][dance]

Snaken fans start the season high on life, after trouncing 6th divison side Sponge Bob 4-0!

quote:
The 7437 spectators at FC De Snaken Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Durzyñski - Poorter, Öztürk, Meesen - Malmholt, Kajak, Lucado, Balyon, Böõr - de Silguy, Sánchez.

Sponge had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Aranias - Penders, Jaffe, Minguella - Neal, Koordeman, Oudejans, Staats, Heyloo - Ekhart, Morgan.

Sponge mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. Snaken created a good opportunity to score in the games 5:th minute when Olivier de Silguy`s hooked ball created a scuffle in front of the goal, and the visitors defenders had a hard time clearing the ball. Wietse Balyon gave his Snaken the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Florian Lucado squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 7:th minute, asserting the lead to 2 - 0. Halftime score was 2 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Snaken, with an impressive 58 percent possession of the ball.

After 55 minutes Carlos Sánchez put Snaken ahead 3 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. After this Snaken lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. The referee showed Snakens Carlos Sánchez the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Lambert Oudejans the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game, so Rafaël Hartmans had to come off the bench. In the 75:th minute Snakens Wietse Balyon received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. In the 81st minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Carlos Sánchez dashed through, knocking home 4 - 0 for Snaken. Olivier de Silguy of Snaken received a yellow card in the 81st minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Snaken, bringing the final ball possession rate to 59 percent, dominated the battle.

Snaken´s best player was Marcin Durzyñski. Wietse Balyon on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Sponge player was without a doubt Francois Aranias. Rafaël Hartmans on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 0.

Too bad about the 3 yellow cards, though I did also manage to kick his 31 year old best midfielder out for 3 weeks..

Kingreno
02-02-2005, 21:03
quote:A scorching day at stolwijk team Arena, where 1830 spectators were in place for today´s match. stolwijk had chosen a strategic 5-4-1 formation. They fielded: van Rossum - Groters, Sulkers, Arns, Hoebe, Abulafia - Barthel, Vuist, Beltman, Simons - Borries.

Aristocats tactics involved an interesting 5-3-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Pinto - Vink, Maassen, Gaastra, Ajello, Zirngibl - Tomic, van den Burg, Dalhuizen - Zengers, Latinovics.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of stolwijk. stolwijk´s Micha Borries left the field after 12 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Joseph Hamster. It was a hot and sunny day, and several players seemed worn out. Maybe this was why Miklós Latinovics found unusually much space for his snappy footwork. stolwijk seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the passable level of organisation. Wout van den Burg came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 28:th minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Ted van Rossum managed to tip the ball to a corner. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 0. Aristocats, bringing the final ball possession rate to 60 percent, dominated the battle.

The stolwijk players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization and regained a solid organisation. 53 minutes into the game Miklós Latinovics was a hair´s breadth away from giving Aristocats the lead. A prompt block by Ted van Rossum saved the home team that time. stolwijk seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the passable level of organisation. In the 58:th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Eddo Maassen put the ball away for 0 - 1. The referee showed stolwijks Joachim Beltman the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. After the ball got lifted in from the left Wout van den Burg was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 84 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. In the games 86:th minute stolwijk´s Maron Vuist fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Maron Vuist for taking a dive. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Aristocats, with an impressive 77 percent possession of the ball.

Most important stolwijk player was Baz Groters. Joseph Hamster was a disappointment, however. Most important Aristocats player was Henning Zirngibl. However, Wout van den Burg made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 1.

Managed rather tough 0-1 win over new team. Not too good but we won, that's what counts.

Shabbaman
02-02-2005, 21:38
quote:Originally posted by Kemal
Too bad about the 3 yellow cards, though I did also manage to kick his 31 year old best midfielder out for 3 weeks..

You mean, "as usual I managed to kick out his best midfielder"?

I won 2-3. PIC rules. I'm pretty sure my opponent motsed, which makes it even better.

Schip
03-02-2005, 20:46
easy 1-5 win with pic on my side. My midfielders are in superb form and my forward trainees are kicking ass atm, up to round 2. (which I might very well PIC as well, hehe)

Bootstoots
04-02-2005, 01:13
quote:At Iowa Arena, 7000 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Conquerors had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Renner - Fafard, Buffington, Sharp, Arredondo - Barquero Estevan, Dalton, Brennan, Moon - Dodge, Beauchamp.

Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Brown - Tate, Slipèeviæ, Fernández - Allesch, Mahmoud, Villar, Berntsen, Örnbom - Train, Tomlin.

Yellow took the lead after 8 minutes with 0 - 1. Alejandro Villar placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. The away team´s Billie Tomlin took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 21st minute increasing Yellow´s lead to 0 - 2. In the 30:th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 3 as Ryan Train finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. After this Yellow lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. The game had been on for 33 minutes when Mark Tate broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Yellow´s were up 0 - 4. The referee showed Yellows Tom Allesch the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. 0 - 4 was the half-time score. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 81 percent, dominated the battle.

Šimun Slipèeviæ increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 5. Conquerorss Lawrence Moon got himself booked after a foul. After 49 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Ryan Train who increased Yellow´s lead to 0 - 6. The home side attempted to get through in the middle and had a good chance of pulling one back as Ivan Sharp tried lifting the ball over goalie David Brown. Typically, the ball went just over the bar. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 54:th minute Yellow goal, making it 0 - 7. Ryan Train was noted down as the scorer. This third goal made a hat trick for Ryan Train. After 64 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Ryan Train who increased Yellow´s lead to 0 - 8. Yellow, bringing the final ball possession rate to 88 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Conquerors player was without a doubt Lawrence Moon. Derek Arredondo was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Shadi Qassem Mahmoud. Mark Tate on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 8. It's fun to thrash bots. I'm up against a human team of about the same level as my team in the next round. I plan on doing a PIC next round as well, since I need to focus entirely on the league to have a shot at staying up this season.

yndy
04-02-2005, 17:55
quote:The 7822 spectators at Steaua_Albert Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Steaua_Salajan had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Chimica had chosen a strategic 2-5-3 formation.

0-1 Gicã Ioanitoaia (9)
0-2 Flaviu Diaconu (32)
1-2 Ionut Doroftei (37)
2-2 Leonard Vrânceanu (38)
3-2 José Maria Cabaça (38)

Chimica, bringing the final ball possession rate to 61 percent, dominated the battle.
4-2 Hüsrev Yarcý (56)
4-3 Florin Gruia (60)
4-4 Flaviu Diaconu (74)
4-5 Nik Bos (87)
4-6 Kristian Åhltorp (88)
The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Chimica, with an impressive 82 percent possession of the ball.

The match ends 4 - 6.
Darn close if you asked me, I took a big risk and almost went out from the first round.

Kingreno
04-02-2005, 18:42
wow Yndy what a match. Amazing you did 2-5-3 in such a first round of the cup.

English_brit
05-02-2005, 19:55
lol

ProPain
06-02-2005, 17:25
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

quote:Originally posted by Kemal

You mean, "as usual I managed to kick out his best midfielder"?

Apparently it doesn;t need to be midfielders, my attack is wrecked with my 2 solid forwards visiting the physio daily. So I can confirm that's basic Snaken strategy.

[cry]

yndy
07-02-2005, 16:12
Yeah, the main reason was that I am struggling to train my forwards in passing and it was the last week I could really do that. I played a forward and a defender as offensive wingers.

Still my Nik Bos just wouldn’t pop at passing, it seems there’ll be another season for scoring training for him.

The second reason for which one should play a weird formation in the first Cup match is the fact that people can estimate your midfield and TS based on that match. They would know that your TS is composed and also that you will most probably PiC.

Now Wednesday, we’ll see a nice match on my behalf, I expect a clear victory on my third consecutive PiC.