PDA

View Full Version : New to multiplayer...

Haruka
23-01-2005, 22:44
I have never played a multiplayer game before, and I want to know if anyone could introduce me to the bascis of it/play with me.

This has got to be in the wrong forum... [blush2]

I'm Tomoyo if any of you know me...

Socrates
23-01-2005, 23:07
Hi Tomoyo ! I don't know why, but I've never been sure if you were a boy or a girl, but you're the latter, right ? Living in Asia, right ? :D

So you posted in the "opponent finding forum" to find someone to play with you... I guess you're in the right place. :) CDZ is mostly known for play-by-email games, the ones which take so long to play, but are fun to play because you can share your experience with the other members by writing spoilers of your games. This is the very essence and purpose of this forum.

To get started in PBEMs, you should make a proposition in this thread, like "I would like to play a game with that many people, on that kind of map, on this level, etc...". You should be able to find someone quickly, there were many newbies here lately. As for me, I'm quite full of games now, but if you're a girl, we can still talk about it someday. [lol] Visit my forum here ! ;)

Haruka
23-01-2005, 23:12
Sorry to disappoint you ([:p]) but I'm a boy living in New York.

Okay, so I guess I'll try and start a new game...

Lt. Killer M
23-01-2005, 23:23
Hey Tomoyo, up for a game?

But I must tell you, if you flunk on me (quite a few newbies did, amirsan e.g.) I'll be VERY pissed, and the next time I come to NY I will find you and it will be unpleasant for you ;)

Socrates
23-01-2005, 23:32
Shit, so Tomoyo isn't the person I was dreaming of... [lol] [mischief] Stupid avatar system. Because I AM Socrates, in case you're wondering ! ;)

Good to see Killer still in great form for a game. Good luck to both of you.

Advice for Tomoyo : micromanaging is the key to victory against Killer. Do it and Killer will crumble under your army. Forget it and Killer will do his nasty trick to kick your butt. [groucho]

EDIT : BTW Killer, I wanted to say it, but I was a newbie and YOU stopped it. I wish to play you again someday, maybe for Civ4 ? :) This time it will be a nice game.

Lt. Killer M
23-01-2005, 23:42
kryy: I gave you a win for the ladder (not my fault if you refuse it). Alos, I never stopped answering PMs, emails etc....

btw, if anyone still has a game 'in the air' with me and wishes to continue - mail me! I have very probably forgotten one or two during my PC troubles and absence in November!

Haruka
23-01-2005, 23:46
So how do I set up a one v. one game? Like a normal one, but with two humans and rest computers and closed?

Lt. Killer M
23-01-2005, 23:52
OK, the NORMAL way we do it here is this:

we both chat (or post here, make a new thread titles MAP DISCUSSION Haruka - Killer in the MapMaking forum) what our game should be like. Rules (e.g. no SoZ, no SGLs etc), map type, AIs, what civs we want, what level.
Once we know what we want, an admin changes the thread title to MAP REQUEST and then we hope for someone to make us an interesting map! This is to avoid a totally unbalanced game (had that happen a few times: one player on jungle island, the other in cow meadows. Obvious who will win!).

Ginger_Ale
23-01-2005, 23:58
Just chiming in...Tomoyo, do you even have C3C??

Socrates
24-01-2005, 00:28
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M

kryy: I gave you a win for the ladder (not my fault if you refuse it). Alos, I never stopped answering PMs, emails etc....

Hey Killer, don't misunderstand me ! [crazyeye] I'm not judging the way you deal with me as a person, but as a player, and still, this is history... but hopefully someday it'll be in the air again for the better. Up to you, I'm here. But you're speaking of the ladder, which I really don't care now, since it is long dead. I win or lose a game... it doesn't matter much, since it'll only be about myself ; but if a game stops, it's for other reasons than just myself, and THAT is the pain. I hope we'll get over it the active way someday, that's all, and today is just another day, nothing special about it.

Haruka
24-01-2005, 00:32
quote:Originally posted by Ginger_Ale

Just chiming in...Tomoyo, do you even have C3C??

Yes. Just got it.