PDA

View Full Version : *** SPOILER *** Tiny Chaos3

digger760
21-01-2005, 16:00
This is a spolier the tiny chaos 3 game. If you go by the name of Arghis, Matrix or Akots then looks away now.

I have held of posting for a while to left the game get started. There is still not much action to report from my view of the world.

I settled on the start position. It is diagonally adjacent to the river..i hope to hell that means it is on the river. I started research on alphabet first so that i could build curraghs. This restricted my growth a bit as it delayed the building of a granary in one of my towns by several turns.

I am in the North West corner of the mini-map.
I have 3 cities (with a 5 turn settler factory)
I have 2 curraghs exploring, south and south east.
I have no contacts yet.

More to follow in the coming weeks (pictues even!!!).

digger760

Kingreno
21-01-2005, 17:14
Great! I was affraid I'd made the map for nothing![goodjob]

digger760
25-01-2005, 09:51
Empire as of 1990BC ...note signs of civilisation in southern islands in the form of a barb camp:)
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/digger760/200512594918_1990BC.jpg
76.83KB

And a little bit of further exploration reveals the borders of Sumeria:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/digger760/20051259501_1990Akots.jpg
15.96KB

digger760
03-02-2005, 09:40
1950BC
-A french curragh sailed close by Japanese waters. Japan offered the wheel

-in-turn Celtic sailors contact Japanese Sailors in the Water a long way south west of Japan. The Celts offer Writing, Warrior Code and Bronze Working. Celts Establish an Embassy with Japan.

1910BC
-The french offer Masonry in return for wheel. Japan accept.
-Japan offers the wheel to the Celts
-Japan discover the Sumerians to the south and have option of offeing Masonry, The Wheel and Cerimonial Burial, Japan offers the Wheel.
-Diplo screen shows Celts have contact with France but not the Sumerians. French-Sumerian contact is unknown.
-On a domestic front another settler is completed and will aim to settle on Tobbaco south of Tokyo. Not having the fish in Osaka is hurting my settler factory which can now only produce every 6 turns. I consider an temple, but decide to go for another settler. Tokyo might do a settler after its granary...but it is also a good city to build a wonder...just which wonder i have not decided yet.

Kingreno
03-02-2005, 10:38
Digger, how is not having the fish in Osaka hampering the setlerfactory? It produces only 2 food under despo and there are plenty of grastiles that also do that!

digger760
03-02-2005, 11:41
hmm..ok maybe you are right...perhaps i was thinking of a city with a habour as well.

I should re-asses Osaka to make sure i have it optimized.

digger760
03-02-2005, 11:45
What happens when a cities food bin is full and the city grows. Is exess food thrown away..if so then Osaka grows from 4-5 in 3 turns i will be wasting 2 food on the growth phase. I would be better to change a tile to commerce or sheild for a turn.

Kingreno
03-02-2005, 11:49
The excess food is wasted. If you need 3 food to grow and you gat 5, 2 are wasted and it is indeed better to use a commerce/shield rich tile instead.

digger760
03-02-2005, 12:04
Well i am on a 4 food surplus in Osaka, which means it grows every 3 turns...which means Osaka is infact a 6 turn settler factory wasting food :(. I think the best thing to do is use a coastal sqaure for commerce on the growth turn and limit sheilds to 5 per turn.

digger760
07-02-2005, 16:47
1870BC
-Sumeria offer bronze working for the wheel. Japan changes their offer to Cerimonial Burial + 20 gold

in-turn

-Sumeria accept Japan trade offer

1830BC
-Japan close the Sumerica tech trade deal - BW for CB+20g
-France are offering warrior code, but Japan has nothing to give in return
-Japan discovers writing, look like everybody else has it :(
- Start researching philosophy

1790BC
-France still offering warrior code, still nothing to offer in return
-Japanese sailors spot Celtic territorial waters in the Soth East, lurking neaby is a barb galley[help]
-Adjust workers to boost tech research by 1 turn

In-turn, Japan thinks about thinks about philospophy race i decides that it is a hopeless course of action, and it might be better to research something else.

Japan, seeing that iron working is the same tech cost as Philosophy tries to tempt the Celts into giving away there turns to research philosophy, by offering free iron working in 14 turns, so that celts may pick construction as a free tech. The Celts hint that is a futile effort.

Japan decides to change to literature, and may trade it with Celts for map-making if Celts win the philo-race. Two turns wasted on philosophy, but possibly better trade options in the end

digger760
08-02-2005, 09:50
in-turn Japanese galley surives barb galley near Celtic waters

1750BC

-change research to literature,
-adjust Tokyo to focus on growth
-discover Celtic mainland, notice Matrix is still making unusual decisions:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/digger760/20052894644_Celts,1750BC.jpg
22.64KB
Surely the bonus grassland would have provided just as much for less work[king]

Banzai
26-06-2005, 16:26
This spoiler is continued here:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2872

[charge]
Banzai!